Options

Nintendo Switch: Ode to Joycon

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    The more evidence I see the less I believe.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    More stuff:

This looks like it could be legit amazing

I am impressed by how much the word "ass" shows up in the material.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    More stuff:

I am impressed by how much the word "ass" shows up in the material.

I, for one, welcome a return to the brash Nintendo of the 80s/early 90s.

• Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    Looks zany and colourful.

One of the slides said multiplayer co-op which I hope is good. Rayman Legends and Super Mario 3D World were two of our families favourite Wii U multiplayer games. If this can channel some of that fun into a Switch title... Yay!

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Well now Mario has an arm canon. It was nice knowing you, Samus.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular

It's a spin-off, so it's more of an arm non-canon.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Also, turtle shelves?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    I thought it said #BABBY over the rabbid princess, instead of #SASSY

sig.gif
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Also, turtle shelves?
    Yeah, when I saw that my skepticism about this leak shot up.

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    We have four worlds to look forward to traversing with the help of Tuttorio, a new face that might be a Rabbid-like robot character, featured next to Mario on the game’s cover art.

Hey look, it's Monita 2.0! In that it's a robot with a punny name, if nothing else.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    It's kind of weird to see the Mario cast waving blasters around, but whatever. I just hope it's an actual adventure RPG of some kind. Right now I'm not seeing much that screams that to me.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    What is Yoshi? The Exploding Head?
    Bwah?

That whole thing is mystifying to me. Rabbids? And Mario? It's real? What?

I'm very intrigued but mostly confused.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular

She was dead long before this, I'm afraid.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options

May her corpse continue to pad out the Smash Bros roster.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular

May her corpse continue to pad out the Smash Bros roster.

Until they give her moveset to Rabbids Mario.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Personnalities? With two 'n's? Are we absolutely sure this is legit?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Mario finally gets his gun. Only took him ,
    30 years or so?

tumblr_inline_ncrv28XIvq1swwy4v.png

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    More stuff:

Disappointed Luigi is The Eagle Eye and not The Green Guy

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I played 5 minutes of the Disgaea demo and I was SOLD. I hope this is the game I can sink 100 hours into. I need one of those right now.

eShop absolutely haterz me right now though. Keeps dropping connection. :/

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I played 5 minutes of the Disgaea demo and I was SOLD. I hope this is the game I can sink 100 hours into. I need one of those right now.

eShop absolutely haterz me right now though. Keeps dropping connection. :/

Disgaea can devour hundreds of hours of your life if you let it, sure.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    If that Mario and Rabids thing is real color me unimpressed. I hope it's fake.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    What color represents 'unimpressed'?

Because that's about as real as it gets.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Since it's developed by Ubisoft it'll probably be mediocre anyway.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    With Nintendo, so this could go well.

I'm not opposed to it. Some gameplay would help.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    You would think so, but then.... Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.

• Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    skeldare wrote: »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I don't entirely get the Ubisoft hate. Rayman Legends was excellent. The last two AC games I played (Black Flag & Syndicate) were excellent. Zombi U was pretty good from what I played. Splinter Cell Blacklist also seemed ok on the Wii U.

Since Mario-Rabbids is a first year release for the Switch, and presumably a major part of the E3 line-up, both companies will probably be investing a lot into the title. I'm pretty hopeful it will be a lot of fun.

Kriegaffe on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Kriegaffe wrote: »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I don't entirely get the Ubisoft hate. Rayman Legends was excellent. The last two AC games I played (Black Flag & Syndicate) were excellent. Zombi U was pretty good from what I played. Splinter Cell Blacklist also seemed ok on the Wii U.

Since Mario-Rabbids is a first year release for the Switch, and presumably a major part of the E3 line-up, both companies will probably be investing a lot into the title. I'm pretty hopeful it will be a lot of fun.

A lot of it comes from the 1st Watch_Dogs. For me, personally, Assassin's Creed III and Black Flag (I loathed everything to do with the ship, and really hated the follow/eavesdrop missions, but I know I'm in the minority) were also huge steps back.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    You know, I would totally play a new Black Flags-esque game that didn't have the crappy Assassin's Creed parts.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Kriegaffe wrote: »

A lot of it comes from the 1st Watch_Dogs. For me, personally, Assassin's Creed III and Black Flag (I loathed everything to do with the ship, and really hated the follow/eavesdrop missions, but I know I'm in the minority) were also huge steps back.

Maybe, but the failures of those games don't necessarily reflect on what this will be. I'm willing to give it a chance.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    You know, I would totally play a new Black Flags-esque game that didn't have the crappy Assassin's Creed parts.

Much like I'd have enjoyed playing an Assassin's Creed game that didn't have a bunch of pirate nonsense stuffed into it, probably. III was bad enough but at least you were only forced to use the ship twice.

• Options

I cannot get over the fact that Ubisoft still hasn't revealed a Black Flag spinoff yet. The only thing I can think is they're playing some weird game of development-chicken with Sea of Thieves.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

I cannot get over the fact that Ubisoft still hasn't revealed a Black Flag spinoff yet. The only thing I can think is they're playing some weird game of development-chicken with Sea of Thieves.

There was? You played as a templar, and it bridged the gap between 3 and unity.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

There was? You played as a templar, and it bridged the gap between 3 and unity.

By 'spinoff' I mean, 'All-out Pirate IP that doesn't rely on Assassins or their Creeds'

• Options

You know, I've heard this sentiment a ton and I still can't figure out what you would DO in a pirate game. Sail around until you found a merchant ship, board it, murder the entire crew and steal their cargo, then go on to the next ship?

Might be hard to market.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

You know, I've heard this sentiment a ton and I still can't figure out what you would DO in a pirate game. Sail around until you found a merchant ship, board it, murder the entire crew and steal their cargo, then go on to the next ship?

Might be hard to market.

Sid Meier's Pirates! says hi.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

Might be hard to market.

Played it in the C64 days. Also played The Seven Cities of Gold, a game about slaughtering South Americans and taking their stuff. Both were somewhat able to disguise their actual content with low-end graphics and an environment that wasn't paying too much attention to what the kids were getting up to on their beep boop boxes.

Sorry, wildly off topic now but "being a pirate" is one of the weirdest fantasies people have. I blame Disney.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I mean, surely you could take cues from something like the X-# games or Elite: Dangerous? Procedurally generated missions, and an economy you can use to trade goods you bought or plundered, based on supply and demand. But on the ocean instead of in spaaace

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

Might be hard to market.

Played it in the C64 days. Also played The Seven Cities of Gold, a game about slaughtering South Americans and taking their stuff. Both were somewhat able to disguise their actual content with low-end graphics and an environment that wasn't paying too much attention to what the kids were getting up to on their beep boop boxes.

Sorry, wildly off topic now but "being a pirate" is one of the weirdest fantasies people have. I blame Disney.

I wonder what it's like going through life being so wrong.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

Might be hard to market.

Naw, I get that. Exploring the oceans and having fights on boats is a neat idea, but the specific pirate fantasy is pretty weird when you put extended thought into it, since pirates weren't the best people. Which is probably why a lot of pirate fiction tends to have some form of good-guy pirate faction that doesn't do a lot of the traditional pirate wrongdoing (One Piece, Gokaiger) or specifically has the pirates as the main villains (Treasure Island).

Enlong on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    It would be cool if they made a subversive pirate game where all the exciting piracy is simulated or doesn't happen at all, and it's mostly about slow deterioration of health and morale, terrible odors, gangrene, scurvy, leaks in the hull, spoiled food, horrible punishments, etc.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
This discussion has been closed.