As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Ok mod question. I assigned two Offense mods to a character, but I didn't get the offense bonus. Any idea why that might be? Image below.

jeqogx623gyl.png

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Offense is 4 mods

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Cool thanks. That's what I get for not reading them.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Cool thanks. That's what I get for not reading them.

Offense, Speed, and Crit Damage all require four mods for the bonus.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Woo! Got 3 stars on the Zeta challenge this morning!

It's only the second time I've beaten it, and I usually lose terribly, so it was a bit of a surprise when the first half went so well, and the second half was just me hoping I could hold it together come on hold it together a little longer

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    So my last GW node today is a zeta'd Maul. Whose team wiped out my 1st team before they had a chance to act. I was able to wipe out the rest of them except Savage Opress with a back up team. But now I don't think I actually have a team left with enough burst to actually kill him, but neither can he kill any reasonable team I send it. It is an amusing (read frustrating) never ending round.

Edit: I buffed Tarkin for the potency buff on basic use. Then I just turtled for like 20 minutes and nuked the jerk.

Cobell on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Zeta Maul gives defensive bonuses - stealth and bonus dodge - so if they killed you in one round, that means they probably just invested a ton of mods into speed. Because Maul doesn't raise speed.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Zeta'd Savage is rough.

I've got him on my Arena team as a big middle finger to groups that find themselves struggling to handle his bullshit, because I know I've been stuck in a "WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE?!" loop against him a few times.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Zeta'd Savage is rough.

I've got him on my Arena team as a big middle finger to groups that find themselves struggling to handle his bullshit, because I know I've been stuck in a "WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE?!" loop against him a few times.

I rarely have run into savage. I have run into Zylo and Zoba fett, and recently an awful zeta'd Dooku with NIhilus lead so I got screwed for not burning him first like I should have.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Zeta Maul gives defensive bonuses - stealth and bonus dodge - so if they killed you in one round, that means they probably just invested a ton of mods into speed. Because Maul doesn't raise speed.

Zeta Maul gives sith a turn meter boost at the start of combat, so they'll probably all go first.

Zeta Savage (and Zeta Kylo) are pretty near the top of my "hit em with Nihilous" list.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    My top 4 dudes that I use my Nihilus insta-kill on are: Kylo (any), Zeta Savage, Fives (any), Bariss (Zeta).

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I'm building up a Jawa team for the tank raid (phases 1 and 3). Any suggestions on how to mod them?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    This is my go to resource for mod suggestions;

http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Mods/Advisor

I make no claims as to it being the best or only source of info for modding characters, but I find the suggestions helpful, and generally try to work within them based on my available mods.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    I'm building up a Jawa team for the tank raid (phases 1 and 3). Any suggestions on how to mod them?
    Jawas are best on P3. Jedi are best on P1. There are other teams which perform better in P3, but they are best reserved for P2 or P4.

You'll want Nebit to be beefy as all hell, as he'll need to soak up all the damage. In HAAT, it doesn't matter as much, but it helps a ton in NAAT. JE is best with lots of speed, if you can. I threw on a lot of offense onto Jawa and Datcha. For Scavenger, potency is pretty important.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Does anyone know the average droprate of zetas in the zeta challenge? I've got 6 in my first week of being able to do it, which is more than I expected, so I'm just wondering if that's about average or if I was incredibly lucky and on average I'll be getting less.

• Options
    So what's the best strategy on P3 of the AAT? Just focus all fire on the middle dude and ignore the sides? or what?

• Options
    Does anyone know the average droprate of zetas in the zeta challenge? I've got 6 in my first week of being able to do it, which is more than I expected, so I'm just wondering if that's about average or if I was incredibly lucky and on average I'll be getting less.

I have no idea what the average is, but getting doubles on back to back days (and even twice in a single day) is pretty damned great.

I'm guessing it's more 'rnglawl' than anything, but it coughs them up substantially more regularly than I expected it to.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    This past week between Thursday, Sunday and today's zeta challenges I've gotten exactly 1 Zeta. So 6 is pretty nice!
    Phase 3 Heroic is usually Chirpa leader, Palpatine and then 3 tanks. That strategy doesn't really work in Regular mode tho because the mini droids are too fragile.
    My guild hasn't gotten up to HAAT yet so we usually just zerg through phase 3.

For Jawas I use JE and Nebit for my phase 2 droid team. The other 3 jawas got strong enough to get me 3 stars in the mod challenge and then they got somewhat abandoned.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    So what's the best strategy on P3 of the AAT? Just focus all fire on the middle dude and ignore the sides? or what?
    For the most part, yes. However, there are a couple of things to keep in mind:
    • Watch the AAT TM. If you have a tank, ensure they are taunting, which as a buff will significantly reduce the damage dealt by the AAT when it fires.
    • B2 Rocket has an AOE that grants ability block. If you have a tank like Nebit or ST Han (taunt lasting multiple turns) and you see that the AAT's TM is around 50% with the B2 Rocket's TM coming up with the AOE ready, you'll want to taunt now. If you risk not taunting, your tank could get ability blocked, leaving the rest of your squad dependent on having a buff up to survive the AAT shot. Sometimes you can pull it off, but it's not often and will force you to quit and retry.
    • Stunning B1s is pretty critical, as they'll all dish out damage. If you have a tank, that means they'll keep taking that damage, so stunning helps out a lot. Jawas and Ugnaught are good with droid AOE stuns. In NAAT, individual shots are not a lot, but they stack up. In HAAT, they are hella strong, so those stuns are even more important. If you have multiple toons with stuns, don't blow them all in the same round. It's helpful to spread them out, so that you almost always have stuns available.
    • B2 Rocket has a recall ability that not only brings back B1s, but also grants a fucking brutal buff on a single, already standing B1 unit. The good news is that B1 will have it's TM erased, so you have time to deal with it. Stunning it is preferable. If you can't, you need to focus fire it down. If that B1 fires, it can one-shot a target or throw on an insanely powerful debuff on your entire squad. The buffed B1 is the only time you should remove focusing single-fire away from the B2 Rocket. All other B1s should only be damaged via AOE.
    • If you are close to killing several B1s but notice the B2 Rocket's recall ability is about to be used, consider holding off on an AOE to take them out until after the recall is used.
    • Keep in mind that Jawas get a free assist, so use that to your advantage when dealing with the buffed B1 unit. Especially when it only has 1 hit left. If you are running a squad that has Jawas and at least 1 non-Jawa, if possible you should use the non-Jawa to finish off that last hit. Otherwise, you're wasting a free assist.
    That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now for P3 strategy.

In P2, I use JE with my HK (L), 88, 86, and Ewok Elder. This allows me to have the other 4 Jawas in P3, along with Ugnaught for the extra stuns. I've also heard that using ST Han with Jawas works very well.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    I'm gonna try that today. My guild is like 97% on P2 right now so we're about to roll over to P3. And I've been saving my Jawa squad.

They aren't the best. Most of my jawas are gear level 7 or 8, but they're all modded and they do decently.

• Options
    Hell yeah... finally got General Kenobi unlocked.

• Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »

God he's annoying as fuck when he shows up in GW. If only because someone who has Gen kenobi usually has some murder squad alongside him.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I want a General Kenobi murder squad!

• Options
    Well, I still have to gear him up and then start working on his other stars. He's not going to be too viable for a while. While it's cool to finally have him, I'm more excited about my clone squad being so close to all Gear XI. If they pan out right, they may replace my Arena squad. Cody and 5s are now Zeta'd and Gear XI, Echo is one piece away from XI, then Rex and Sergeant are 3 pieces away.

Does anyone else run a Clone squad with success? I've been stacking them with offensive and speed based Crit Chance mods and wondering if I should be making any changes.

• Options
    My Clone squad is decent. Yours is better than mine. I don't have Zetas yet, but they're all gear 9 or gear 10, and they all have pretty strong mods.

My main focus has been my sith team. Being a huge KotOR/KotOR2/SWTOR fan, I was all over Darth Nihilus and the Sith Trooper when they released. And I determined right then and there that Sith would be my "main" squad. So all my stamina, gear drops, and everything have been going there. And my first Zeta went to Maul.

But once I'm satisfied with my Sith team, my plan is to circle back on Clones and beef them up.

I do have very good success with them being gear 9 or 10. I mostly need more toughness on all of them. Cody especially. He dies way too easily and it sucks without having his focus fire ability.

• Options
    My Clone squad is decent. Yours is better than mine. I don't have Zetas yet, but they're all gear 9 or gear 10, and they all have pretty strong mods.

My main focus has been my sith team. Being a huge KotOR/KotOR2/SWTOR fan, I was all over Darth Nihilus and the Sith Trooper when they released. And I determined right then and there that Sith would be my "main" squad. So all my stamina, gear drops, and everything have been going there. And my first Zeta went to Maul.

But once I'm satisfied with my Sith team, my plan is to circle back on Clones and beef them up.

I do have very good success with them being gear 9 or 10. I mostly need more toughness on all of them. Cody especially. He dies way too easily and it sucks without having his focus fire ability.
    I was thinking about maybe swapping his Crit Chance mods out for some health with good Crit Chance as primary stats, if I can find them. He definitely gets brought down too easily.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

God he's annoying as fuck when he shows up in GW. If only because someone who has Gen kenobi usually has some murder squad alongside him.

My GW node 12 is more often than not some obnoxious combination including 7* General Kenobi, Darth Nihilus, Chirrut, Baze, and the Shoretooper. Special guest appearances by Kylo, Savage, Palpatine, etc, but man there are some fucking obnoxious combos to go up against.

Now, the GW is infinitely better than it was about a year ago, when they reworked things and shit went completely sideways for me until I built my Droid squad up (and now the Sith have taken their place), but I've come to accept that some Node 12's just aren't winnable within a reasonable time frame. This game gets more than enough of my time per week to spend half an hour trying RNG/squad combinations out to try to make any progress at all.

• Options
    GW is still a time sink that I usually avoid. I get that there are some nice rewards, but I have better things to do with my RL time than trying to find that right combination to get through GW. It's partly my fault for being top-heavy (AGAIN!), but I'm hoping my Clone squad can help. Still, 6/7 days a week I start a GW then quit it just to get the daily done.

• Options
    Well, I still have to gear him up and then start working on his other stars. He's not going to be too viable for a while. While it's cool to finally have him, I'm more excited about my clone squad being so close to all Gear XI. If they pan out right, they may replace my Arena squad. Cody and 5s are now Zeta'd and Gear XI, Echo is one piece away from XI, then Rex and Sergeant are 3 pieces away.

Does anyone else run a Clone squad with success? I've been stacking them with offensive and speed based Crit Chance mods and wondering if I should be making any changes.

My clone squad gets me in the top 100 for Arena and 3-5 mil in HAAT Phase 2 and 7-10 mil in HAAT Phase 4 (though in the raids I swap out Rex for Leia so the team is always crit-hitting).

I stacked them most with health mods. Given the amount of double hits and TM reduction, you want them to last as long as possible. Coupled with health and shield regen with abilities and a Zeta'd Cody, you can replenish your health in a few GW battles.

For Fives, I have him on all shield and potency mods. Given that he frequently attacks with his zeta ability, he can slow everyone down within a few turns. With shield mods, he can last a very very long time against most enemies.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options

My clone squad gets me in the top 100 for Arena and 3-5 mil in HAAT Phase 2 and 7-10 mil in HAAT Phase 4 (though in the raids I swap out Rex for Leia so the team is always crit-hitting).

I stacked them most with health mods. Given the amount of double hits and TM reduction, you want them to last as long as possible. Coupled with health and shield regen with abilities and a Zeta'd Cody, you can replenish your health in a few GW battles.

For Fives, I have him on all shield and potency mods. Given that he frequently attacks with his zeta ability, he can slow everyone down within a few turns. With shield mods, he can last a very very long time against most enemies.
    Huh... So health mods, eh? I went all Crit Chance for Cody's 212th. Judging by your success with them in HAAT, I guess I should try out your method?

• Options
    edited June 2017

Huh... So health mods, eh? I went all Crit Chance for Cody's 212th. Judging by your success with them in HAAT, I guess I should try out your method?

If you put Leia in, she doubles everyone's crit chance, so you can use Cody's 212 everytime he comes up. Coupled with the TM reduction chance, slow, and health/shield regen, you have a long lasting team.

If the tanks didn't have enrage, I'd be able to solo all of phase 2 and 4 as i currently am.

Edit: that was supposed to say NAAT and not HAAT. Regardless, it's still pretty good damage.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular

I just recently upgraded my Sith team with Zeta Savage and the Sith Trooper. It's now Zaul, Palp, Vader, Zavage, and Sith Trooper. They're an absolute terror now. While it's still hard to compete with accounts where all toons are modded up with +90 speed, I can regularly take on teams a few thousand points higher than me. Before the additions my Sith team had a hard time even on like power levels. I could barely stay in the 300s. I can now reliably stay under 200. My Sith trooper isn't even seven stars yet.

• Options
    I use Zeta QGJ, ani, yoda and the wiggs crew for pvp. Burn or die!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I just faced a GW node 12 that was lead by a 7 star Thrawn.

Fair warning, it's really fucking bad, guys.

Thrawn, Shoretrooper, Death Trooper, Tarkin, and Krennic. It's bad news.

• Options
    Jawas are best on P3. Jedi are best on P1. There are other teams which perform better in P3, but they are best reserved for P2 or P4.

You'll want Nebit to be beefy as all hell, as he'll need to soak up all the damage. In HAAT, it doesn't matter as much, but it helps a ton in NAAT. JE is best with lots of speed, if you can. I threw on a lot of offense onto Jawa and Datcha. For Scavenger, potency is pretty important.

What kind of damage are you doing for NAAT with this team?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Forar wrote: »
    I just faced a GW node 12 that was lead by a 7 star Thrawn.

Fair warning, it's really fucking bad, guys.

Thrawn, Shoretrooper, Death Trooper, Tarkin, and Krennic. It's bad news.

I wonder if it would be worse trading in Veers (for Tarkin maybe) to use his Trooper synergy?

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    I didn't know you could concentrate so much bullshit in so small a space.
    p4rjdc3usec5.png

• Options
    Yeah that would be one I wouldn't even bother with.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    There's an account that has spent thousands of dollars on this game.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I thought GW Nodes weren't actually player teams but instead just whatever the game could throw together to hit a certain powerlevel.