As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Advertising [Chat]

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Speaking of Persona 5 and Cosplay, I did some deep searches and I seen no Makoto cosplay from AX and seriously people?

Anime has failed me.

Come to the dark side. We will snuff out Anime.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Persona 5 and Cosplay, I did some deep searches and I seen no Makoto cosplay from AX and seriously people?

Anime has failed me.

No broar, people have failed you, standing as eternal testament to the fact that 2d > 3d

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

Anime has failed me.
    sounds like maybe you should do the cosplay

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    sometimes anime causes nihilism

have folks in here seen this yet? you probably have, but be warned, watching this caused me pain (NSFW)

edit: also do not be like me and make mistakes, open this in a private window

doomybear on
    what a happy day it is
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Anime has failed me.
    sounds like maybe you should do the cosplay

If I coudl make this work, sure I guess but I cant so no.

CXuWFBz.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2017
    65705783ef174d40b826adf3fff64c1e?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=3a56a7abc92a73393cd737ee33aafac0

Not for children under 30 years old.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular

Anime has failed me.

Come to the dark side. We will snuff out Anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    maybe I should get Persona 5. I really enjoyed 3. 4 is still in its shrink wrap somewhere I think, if I ever even got it. Would have been a birthday present,

• Options
    There's a pokemon for everyone.

Like this one's for Wandering:

250px-241Miltank.png

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Good night, friends

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    some friends of ours were discussing if their partner would take a bullet for them, jump in front of a car for them etc

so I asked husbando if he would build a great and terrible tower to pierce the heavens and wage war upon god for me and he said no!!!

brb lawyering up hitting the gym

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Kill the gods and topple their thrones

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

250px-241Miltank.png

rollout

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Deicide, you say?
    Sure. I'm game.

sig.gif
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    some friends of ours were discussing if their partner would take a bullet for them, jump in front of a car for them etc

so I asked husbando if he would build a great and terrible tower to pierce the heavens and wage war upon god for me and he said no!!!

You think you know a guy, and then he won't even build a great and terrible tower to pierce the heavens and wage war upon god for you

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    PUBG is addicting. The best gear combo is trench coat, motorcycle helmet, and micro uzi with stock and suppressor.

NSDFRand on
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »

You think you know a guy, and then he won't even build a great and terrible tower to pierce the heavens and wage war upon god for you

I said if he got there and found the throne at the center of the heavens was empty then that would be fine, no war required but he still said no

• Options

250px-241Miltank.png

rollout

no rational person or creature would challenge a Miltank.

• Options
    rollout

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    JRPGs are a lie, you probably can't kill God.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

I said if he got there and found the throne at the center of the heavens was empty then that would be fine, no war required but he still said no

you've played too much Dragon Age

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    rollout

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Only because he's already dead.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »

Only because he's already dead.

*descface*

• Options
    then he said he 'didn't want to discuss this any further'

wtf

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

wtf

I didn't expect the cracks to appear so quickly.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

wtf

marriage, man. not. even. once.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    I had intended to buy PUBG but bff and husband were less than sanguine about it so I ended up picking up Tyranny again after only having played it for a few hours and then setting it aside for months for some reason and Oh My God this game is SO GOOD.

@kedinik @Pony @override367 I can't remember who else was playing Tyranny when it actually came out but yeah. I finished Act 1 and it's so delightful. I *love* the combat--I'm playing it on whatever the second hardest is and it's challenging but satisfying; I always have to be mindful and micromanage but I never feel like it's unfair. The spell creation aspect is so cool conceptually and also mechanically. I found an AoE cone expression rune and I'm really pleased. It's neat that even Verse can cast a nice single-person heal even though she's not a wizard; I am a wizard and I've specced into spell slots so I can basically constantly cast offensive spells that I designed myself--so cool! Oh yeah and I got some sort of interesting core by uh threatening to kill my new party member unless she taught me her people's secret sacred magics, so interested to try that out soon.

Dialogue always feels meaningful--you can't just mindlessly go through all the options (doing so will piss people off, and you'll sound like an idiot, and in any case a lot of the dialogue choices reflect actual choices rather than the usual rpg information-gathering.) It's quite well-done.

Plotwise,
    I more or less consistently sided with the Disfavored throughout Act 1, because they are more competent. However...honestly, I was severely disappointed in their lack of professionalism both here and during my prologue. The Scarlet Chorus is basically not even worth mentioning, a bunch of psychotic rapists and sell-swords. So when I took Vendrian's Keep, I claimed it for myself, with the endgame goal of...uh well honestly the politics seem extremely complicated here and I have perhaps bitten off more than I can chew but. Perhaps I'm trying to become an Archon? I do enjoy being legalistically minded like my boss (I solve a lot of problems by [Lore] "Well, actually..."), but I'd be pleased to seize power for myself.
    It's very satisfying for me to play as a lawful evil character in this setting. Like go to a village, confront a rebel leader there:
    "Surely we can keep this conflict between us, Fatebinder, and not involve these peaceful villagers"
    "These villagers have long been party to sedition. They will pay for it"
    "..."
    "They should have understood the consequences of defying Kyros's will"
    (and then I killed the rebel leader and torched the village to send a message).
    Also the moments to just throw your own personal might around are fun; you might think that as a lawyer and a wizard, I'd be a total wuss, but nah, there's a lot of just physical intimidation. Like some scarlet chorus person sent me into a trap so when I get back to camp I just walk right up and deck her, tell her if she does that again I'll kill her. It's...pretty entertaining. Very different than how you'd play in a bunch of other settings.

Not everyone is going to find this fun, and it's certainly necessary to think, why are these evil authoritarian types so fun in fantasy settings, what does that say about me in general. But yeah, very enjoyable.

You can be sort of good-adjacent and rules lawyer your way out of it in court and its amazing

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    You legalised gay marriage, but did you ever legalise gay divorce

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

my god what have we done

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Tyranny is fun but I definitely found my enjoyment of the spell system rapidly gave way to "spells are way too good, why would I use anything but spells and buff anything but lore, now even if I wanted to revert to melee spells are too good to give up on all my characters."

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Man I am worried about this cough.

So, two years ago, I had pneumonia, almost died, stayed in the ICU, the whole shebang. Like, real bad. They tested me for HIV or AIDS because I shouldn't have gotten so sick. (I do not have it.)

Year after that I get bronchitis.

This year I got a chest infection, nuked it from space with antibiotics, seemed fine. Except now I have like, a chest cough? Quiet but sucking. Been hanging around for like, a week+ now?

Tonight I puked so hard both of my arms went painfully numb too!

But the ER is going to be a huge overbooked nightmare because it's Canada Day Weekend and the walk-in doesn't open until Tuesday

Hrm

• Options
    Man I am worried about this cough.

So, two years ago, I had pneumonia, almost died, stayed in the ICU, the whole shebang. Like, real bad. They tested me for HIV or AIDS because I shouldn't have gotten so sick. (I do not have it.)

Year after that I get bronchitis.

This year I got a chest infection, nuked it from space with antibiotics, seemed fine. Except now I have like, a chest cough? Quiet but sucking. Been hanging around for like, a week+ now?

Tonight I puked so hard both of my arms went painfully numb too!

But the ER is going to be a huge overbooked nightmare because it's Canada Day Weekend and the walk-in doesn't open until Tuesday

Hrm

go to the ER, bring a tablet read a book or something

hell hang out here, but do not fuck around

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    simonwolf wrote: »

Yeah, Canada actually forgot to do that for a bit. We only got around to cleaning up the last loophole a few years ago. Whoops!

hippofant on
  • Options
    Ok silly wrestling time again, infact its the same move I posted previously but with two different commentaries. Look at the difference in how hype the announcer is, this is why I watch the Japan feed whenever possible.

English
    https://streamable.com/76ey2

Japanese
    https://streamable.com/3q45n

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I can't say I've ever vomited so hard part of my body went numb, that sounds like a real problem.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    At a party and someone asked me what I was studying and I told them I was 30

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I can't say I've ever vomited so hard part of my body went numb, that sounds like a real problem.

Oh I think part of my neck is kind of fucked up, or it's a blood pressure thing. I've gotten checked out by doctors before and like, there hasn't been Any Big Alarms set off.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    At a party and someone asked me what I was studying and I told them I was 30

I got hit on at an airport under the suspicion that I was at least 10+ years older than I really am, so.. i mean, i'm jelly.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.