Options

Completely original [Chat] about beloved childhood books.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    I keep forgetting that both path of exile and pillars of eternity exist

They are the same Nintendo in my brain

Are they both dungeon games too

One is baldurs gate / planescape torment style stuff

One is diable style stuff with massive maddening skill trees

The skill tree is pretty easy once you realize 90% of it is useless depending on your build.

It's the math that is difficult to wrap your head around.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    tumblr_osyxwaUQJq1qebtw8o1_400.png

"Marihuana"

Every time you post it make it a clickable link that directs to a youtube clip of Hank Hill saying it.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    it's 10:30 am on a friday and im mad about the ending to mass effect 3

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    pillars of eternity you spend as much time in various towns and buildings and beaches as you do in dungeons i think

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

I think both of them have dungeons, yeah...

You kids sure love that Nintendo

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

It's valid to feel that way

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    New Orleans coffee is so good tho

chicory coffee originated when union blockades cut off the coffee supply to the port of new orleans during the civil war

thanks, yankees!

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

They're totally different, in one of them you regularly have to take a nap.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I've been making Grady's cold brew it's v good

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2017
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Man that just sorta reminds me of how when I was in middle school I listened to lots of electronic stuff.

Trance, D&B, Jungle, Industrial whatever you call stuff like Aphex Twin and Peaches and Lords of Acid.

But that was weird back then. People would make fun of that stuff.

Now electronic stuff is the most popular stuff.

It's always so weird how that works. The same stuff that was made fun of is now popular and listened to by those that made fun of it before.

It must be really lamentable, to be a queer poc and have your culture invaded by the same dudebros that said culture originally arose to provide refuge from

This is actually a really good case study in cultural appropriation. That people are forgetting its ties the gay community is the reason it's a problem (not that more people are making and enjoying the music).

Why is that a problem?

It's a problem because it's another way that a marginalized group has their contributions to art and culture denied.

It's a problem because it's another way that a historically othered group continues to be othered.

It's a problem because it's another way the dominant group asserts its cultural hegemony.

What do you mean? Denied how?

How does that relate?

Again, explain.

I'm going to be honest, I'm having a real hard time wanting to engage you on this topic due to past interactions. Literally all of these questions have been answered in previous posts on the subject.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

They're totally different, in one of them you regularly have to take a nap.

I just can't keep up

I'm too old and all marios look the same to me

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    guten tag, gooeys

Gooten tag, gueys

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    You can also be mad that they made Javik paid DLC when the assets shipped on disc

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    starbucks instant coffee is pretty good

sometimes i put that in an old used k-cup in my keurig

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    im a cluttered mess

this week started out well and slowly just got more and more i dunno my brain is all over the place i'm flustered

i had such trouble packing yesterday
    i didn't want to deal with a suit bag so i folded my suit the way people say to fold a suit to pack but it probably will get wrinkled

apparently i'm going on vacation tonight for like 10 days, i don't even know what's going on anymore, i just know i'm going to the airport tonight

i have too many possessions in my apartment i want to get rid of them, so many of them, help

poo
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    marginalized people make good art. From this truth I have developed two unassailable opinions.

1) individual artists should be marginalized as much as possible in order to contribute to their success.
    2) we should guarantee that there will always be some groups that are marginalized, so the flow of good art continues.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Damn, I've just been in such a bad mood this week.

I hoped the joys of Friday would shake me out of it. But nope. Still just in a shit mood.

Even with my favorite feel good music playing I'm just grumpy catting it up.

Bah. Humbug.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    marginalized people make good art. From this truth I have developed two unassailable opinions.

1) individual artists should be marginalized as much as possible in order to contribute to their success.
    2) we should guarantee that there will always be some groups that are marginalized, so the flow of good art continues.

spool

i am marginalizing you right now

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

The skill tree is pretty easy once you realize 90% of it is useless depending on your build.

I love Diablo 2. I played it so much, 100s of hours. Pretty much all class variations.

So good. I would play it on my i-pad if it was available, and I played many clones of it. Dark stone. Yeah, and others.

• Options

Checks out

Dune must always have a desert

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »

breaching DRM on your coffee pods? goobley i trusted you

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I'm playing through it with my fiancée and I'm excited to get to the end

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

You forgot 3) When a art form becomes profitable white people take it and pretend it was their idea all along

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Man that just sorta reminds me of how when I was in middle school I listened to lots of electronic stuff.

Trance, D&B, Jungle, Industrial whatever you call stuff like Aphex Twin and Peaches and Lords of Acid.

It's always so weird how that works. The same stuff that was made fun of is now popular and listened to by those that made fun of it before.

It must be really lamentable, to be a queer poc and have your culture invaded by the same dudebros that said culture originally arose to provide refuge from

This is actually a really good case study in cultural appropriation. That people are forgetting its ties the gay community is the reason it's a problem (not that more people are making and enjoying the music).

Why is that a problem?

It's a problem because it's another way that a marginalized group has their contributions to art and culture denied.

It's a problem because it's another way that a historically othered group continues to be othered.

It's a problem because it's another way the dominant group asserts its cultural hegemony.

How does that relate?

Again, explain.

how many times have we had this argument

do you really think there's some three-line post that will answer your questions, or is this a skoofum style "what i mean by i don't understand is that i don't agree" way of sliding into an argumentative lecture

Why is that a problem?

How does that relate?

Again, explain.

I'm going to be honest, I'm having a real hard time wanting to engage you on this topic due to past interactions. Literally all of these questions have been answered in previous posts on the subject.

I guess there's little that upsets people as much as difficulty articulating their own beliefs, as I said, my questions were in earnest

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »

breaching DRM on your coffee pods? goobley i trusted you

White crimeeeeee

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

spool

I was trying to figure out why my art was suddenly better

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

spool

Vanguard is now in the top ten MTV charts.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    New glasses after 10 years of the same glasses
    cxmodwkfopok.jpg
    ijoj73safk0i.jpg

...are these not identical to my old glasses? --no, they have dark bronze frames instead of copper, are slightly more rectangular, and have somewhat different proportions (larger width, smaller height). They fulfill the key requirement of not changing my look.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

I am actually a theoretical shitpost monster who gains effectively infinite utility with every shitpost. No matter how much I frustrate or annoy others the only moral thing to do is to allow me to shitpost as much as possible, as aggressively as possible.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

Checks out

Dune must always have a desert
    Dessert is tasty so that makes sense

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    New glasses after 10 years of the same glasses
    cxmodwkfopok.jpg
    ijoj73safk0i.jpg

...are these not identical to my old glasses? --no, they have dark bronze frames instead of copper, are slightly more rectangular, and have somewhat different proportions (larger width, smaller height). They fulfill the key requirement of not changing my look.

I dig em

I used to have some identical Ray Bans IIRC

• Options

Why is that a problem?

How does that relate?

Again, explain.

how many times have we had this argument

do you really think there's some three-line post that will answer your questions, or is this a skoofum style "what i mean by i don't understand is that i don't agree" way of sliding into an argumentative lecture

Why is that a problem?

How does that relate?

Again, explain.

I guess there's little that upsets people as much as difficulty articulating their own beliefs

Here's the thing: I've answered these exact questions about this exact topic (and it was even in regards to music! just not dance music).

It's not so much as upsetting as this being a waste of time with you as you either disengage or offer unsubstantiated disagreement.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/lbqqlx/stand-up-kyle-kinane--the-suburbs

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    speaking of deserts and that rad space art, Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak is a great desert game with rad space art

override367 on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    every southern themed show has a cafe du monde tin in their kitchen.
    another fact
    half of the people with cafe du monde tins in their kitchen have never actually been there

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    speaking of deserts and that rad space art, Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak is a great desert game with rad space art

I just felt a need to plug this game because I like it

the opening cutscene mmmmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJulumwU9rg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    zepherin wrote: »

I love Diablo 2. I played it so much, 100s of hours. Pretty much all class variations.

So good. I would play it on my i-pad if it was available, and I played many clones of it. Dark stone. Yeah, and others.

PoE is the D2-styled ARPG taken to its logical extreme.

A lot of hubub is made about the massive skill tree, but really, it's not that big of a deal.

What is a big deal is that you can swap out a single item on your build or substitute a single gem on a set of gems that are linked and create a different playstyle, or that there are ranged/melee build with elemental/physical/dot styles for every single hero type.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    every southern themed show has a cafe du monde tin in their kitchen.
    another fact
    half of the people with cafe du monde tins in their kitchen have never actually been there

In laws brought back a tin of their coffee with chicory

Gross

The french roast was good

This discussion has been closed.