Options

Completely original [Chat] about beloved childhood books.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    i like my coffee like i like my men

frothy and full of nitrogen

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I'm still slightly amused that "Call of Duty but in WW2" is a novelty

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    hey jungleroom I got a great starter build for you, and it only uses a DIsfavour, not even a Starforge!!!

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Vanguard wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Man that just sorta reminds me of how when I was in middle school I listened to lots of electronic stuff.

Trance, D&B, Jungle, Industrial whatever you call stuff like Aphex Twin and Peaches and Lords of Acid.

But that was weird back then. People would make fun of that stuff.

Now electronic stuff is the most popular stuff.

It's always so weird how that works. The same stuff that was made fun of is now popular and listened to by those that made fun of it before.

It must be really lamentable, to be a queer poc and have your culture invaded by the same dudebros that said culture originally arose to provide refuge from

This is actually a really good case study in cultural appropriation. That people are forgetting its ties the gay community is the reason it's a problem (not that more people are making and enjoying the music).

Why is that a problem?

Edit: I ask in earnest as it seems to require some moral assumptions I just don't share and couldn't even guess at

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    If you're not drinking your coffee black are you really even drinking coffee? I'm no one true processman but black is the one true light.

It really truly depends.

Certain coffees are fantastic black, but frothed milk and tar-like coffee come together in beautiful ways.

Some greek coffees almost demand a little sugar due to the sludge-like quality (note the sludge is fantastic but you have to know what you are getting into).

I will doctor a cup of Maxwell House because that is some garbo coffee and at that point I am drinking it for the caffiene and not the pleasure of the coffee.
    If you're not drinking your coffee black are you really even drinking coffee? I'm no one true processman but black is the one true light.

It really truly depends.

Certain coffees are fantastic black, but frothed milk and tar-like coffee come together in beautiful ways.

Some greek coffees almost demand a little sugar due to the sludge-like quality (note the sludge is fantastic but you have to know what you are getting into).

I will doctor a cup of Maxwell House because that is some garbo coffee and at that point I am drinking it for the caffiene and not the pleasure of the coffee.

It's also possible to enjoy more than one iteration of a thing

black french press coffee, good, true

also good, though! Cubanos and Vietnamese coffee and espresso and lattes and soy dirty chai on ice and rather than let our differences divide us, let's come together and tweak the fuck out on socially-acceptable functional and recreational stimulants

Woah woah slow down guys this is chat

You need to lecture people about how there's only one correct way to enjoy a food or drink without exception

s t i m

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    speaking of, reddit.com/r/stimulants makes for good reading

@tav and anyone else who enjoys trainwreck subs

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Pillars of Eternity is almost making me agree with wandering's radical anti-gameplay fascism. I don't want to read all these abilities and click all these things, oh my God how did I ever complete Baldur's Gate

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Man that just sorta reminds me of how when I was in middle school I listened to lots of electronic stuff.

Trance, D&B, Jungle, Industrial whatever you call stuff like Aphex Twin and Peaches and Lords of Acid.

It's always so weird how that works. The same stuff that was made fun of is now popular and listened to by those that made fun of it before.

It must be really lamentable, to be a queer poc and have your culture invaded by the same dudebros that said culture originally arose to provide refuge from

This is actually a really good case study in cultural appropriation. That people are forgetting its ties the gay community is the reason it's a problem (not that more people are making and enjoying the music).

Why is that a problem?

giphy.gif

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Pillars of Eternity is almost making me agree with wandering's radical anti-gameplay fascism. I don't want to read all these abilities and click all these things, oh my God how did I ever complete Baldur's Gate

Thanks for using the full name and not confusing the fuck out of us Path of Exile players today.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    hmm should I download POE

I remember I played it once a long time ago, maybe with desc and eddy

It's a loot treadmill. 0/10

Negative, ghostrider

Certainly not compared to set bonuses for d3, either

I'm not sure how you can credibly claim that it isn't a loot treadmill. It's a game of finite length that you play over and over, that is very click click click, and the goal it to level up and get algorithmically calibrated loot drops to fight more algorithmically leveled monsters.

See above

They literally just got rid of difficulties

You say "loot treadmill" and that brings up ideas of like, i need the Ancient version of my Hellcat Waistguard to hit Torment XV instead if Torment XII

You can just play POE Act 1 through 10 organically

Well still you are going to be replaying the treadmill once you finish all that content. I dont think it's a bad thing its just the kind of game those loot based games are.

No, you start mapping in the Atlas, which are arenas of (21 I think?) different tilesets in increasing difficulty, shaping the maps, and progressing towards The Shaper who is the endgame boss.

Mapping will take you more time than the single-player playthrough, and the different affixes as you progress require you to change your strategies.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

there's like 500 spells in Baldurs gate but 90% of the time all you needed was Breach and Magic Missile Spam

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Why is that a problem?

It's a problem because it's another way that a marginalized group has their contributions to art and culture denied.

It's a problem because it's another way that a historically othered group continues to be othered.

It's a problem because it's another way the dominant group asserts its cultural hegemony.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I'm still slightly amused that "Call of Duty but in WW2" is a novelty

I am so fucking ready for a new WW2 game.

Honestly just go back and remake Medal of Honor, MoH Underground, Frontline and Allied Assault and Call of Duty 1 and I would be happy as a pig in shit.

Oh and MoH Airborne too that game was totally overlooked.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

Thanks for using the full name and not confusing the fuck out of us Path of Exile players today.
    TBF Path of Exile also has too many skills to read and things to click

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    hey jungleroom I got a great starter build for you, and it only uses a DIsfavour, not even a Starforge!!!

Sorry, I've got this beginners build with Kaom's Heart that I need to check out!

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Black coffee of course tastes worse than sugary, creamy coffee and to say otherwise is to deny our base animal urges

On the other hand sugary, creamy coffee is bad for you and so perhaps anti-dessert-coffee snobbery serves a useful social function
    Except as you age your tastebuds literally die and you find bitter tastes much more pleasant

I thought my tastes just shift to fit my outlook.

Aaaaayyyy

Elemayoooo

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Ooh, I like this one.
    outpost_by_cyberkolbasa-d9dkure.jpg

he has some of my absolute fav space things

nebula_by_cyberkolbasa-d8lb1ch.jpg

flying_fortress_by_cyberkolbasa-d7mg8y2.jpg

february_23_by_cyberkolbasa-d8j7l0e.jpg
    Black coffee of course tastes worse than sugary, creamy coffee and to say otherwise is to deny our base animal urges

On the other hand sugary, creamy coffee is bad for you and so perhaps anti-dessert-coffee snobbery serves a useful social function

Starbucks tastes pretty bad black

Good coffee black doesn't taste bitter at all

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    good morning bros

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Thanks drafts

• Options

Sorry, I've got this beginners build with Kaom's Heart that I need to check out!

Oh smart option, you only have to get rid if an arm OR leg for that!

• Options

Oh smart option, you only have to get rid if an arm OR leg for that!

I know. They don't call me "junglepoe" for nothing.
    Nobody has ever called me that.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    hmm should I download POE

I remember I played it once a long time ago, maybe with desc and eddy

It's a loot treadmill. 0/10

Negative, ghostrider

Certainly not compared to set bonuses for d3, either

I'm not sure how you can credibly claim that it isn't a loot treadmill. It's a game of finite length that you play over and over, that is very click click click, and the goal it to level up and get algorithmically calibrated loot drops to fight more algorithmically leveled monsters.

See above

They literally just got rid of difficulties

You say "loot treadmill" and that brings up ideas of like, i need the Ancient version of my Hellcat Waistguard to hit Torment XV instead if Torment XII

You can just play POE Act 1 through 10 organically

Well still you are going to be replaying the treadmill once you finish all that content. I dont think it's a bad thing its just the kind of game those loot based games are.

That's kind of a meaningless criticism though

That's like saying you're going to be replaying the game after you finish the game. And its like...yes? Does that make Forza or something a treadmill? If it does, maybe treadmill is a silly criticism.

There is no additional content that requires you to grind previously completed content in order to experience the additional content

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Ooh, I like this one.

Starbucks blonde roast is fine black.

Their pike peak and dark roasts taste like bitter char, yes.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    guten tag, gooeys

• Options
    I feel like I'm from a PoE 3.0 view against a PoE 1.1 mindset.

• Options

Why is that a problem?

It's a problem because it's another way that a marginalized group has their contributions to art and culture denied.

It's a problem because it's another way that a historically othered group continues to be othered.

It's a problem because it's another way the dominant group asserts its cultural hegemony.

What do you mean? Denied how?

How does that relate?

Again, explain.

• Options
    New Orleans coffee is so good tho

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    tumblr_osyxwaUQJq1qebtw8o1_400.png

• Options
    Ooh, I like this one.

I got a few bags of their blonde roast beans.

Is p good.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

"Marihuana"

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

"Marihuana"

Merry Jain

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    I keep forgetting that both path of exile and pillars of eternity exist

They are the same Nintendo in my brain

Are they both dungeon games too

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

Why is that a problem?

What do you mean? Denied how?

How does that relate?

Again, explain.

how many times have we had this argument

do you really think there's some three-line post that will answer your questions, or is this a skoofum style "what i mean by i don't understand is that i don't agree" way of sliding into an argumentative lecture

sig.gif
  • Options
    Thanks drafts

I would drink a nitro infused coffee on a space station tbf

• Options

One is baldurs gate / planescape torment style stuff

One is diable style stuff with massive maddening skill trees

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

I think both of them have dungeons, yeah...

• Options

...scheck?

• Options

"Marihuana"

Merry Jain

marjan pls

• Options
    Ooh, I like this one.

Also I recently found out their cold brew is surprisingly decent

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

This made me laugh too hard for work

This discussion has been closed.