Options

[Preacher]? I hardly know her! (Spoiler rules in OP)

167891012»

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Is this back on?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Certainly is.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The opening ten minutes of S2E1 is completely amazing. The rest of the episode was good, but holy fuck that beginning.

I am so happy this is back on. It's a little inconsistent, but goddamn the highs are so very high.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2017
    I love how serious this show is about not being serious.

Exhibit A: car chase.

Echo on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I love how serious this show is about not being serious.

Exhibit A: car chase.

Tulip's intro from the pilot sold me on everything this show has to say, even if I wasn't already familiar with the material.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    WEEEOOO WEEEOOO COMIC SPOILERS WEEEEOOOO WEEEOOOO
    I liked the little hint that Cassidey dropped as turning out to be an absolute bastard; delivered as a throw away line about having many sides.

Also absolutely loving the Saint of Killers. His ridiculous over the top gun sounds are just perfect.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    More comic spoilers S2E1
    The way the camera focused on the chest in the aquarium when Jesse talks about his mama's family...foreshadowing!

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    prqwcx8rjked.jpg

• Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    Cassidy is myour collective spirit animal.

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I'm glad they dumped the "always wears sunglasses" thing Cassidy does in the original comics, because man Joseph Gilgun can make some amazing crazy eyes.

• Options
    Tulip is a jerk!
    Poor kingpin Victor didn't even get a Dear John, note.

• Options
    Jesse's solution can't possible work in the long term.
    An armored car carrying millions of dollars worth of product must have half a dozen tracking devices installed within it.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Jesse's solution can't possible work in the long term.
    An armored car carrying millions of dollars worth of product must have half a dozen tracking devices installed within it.
    To say nothing of the fact that the driver, guard and technician operating the machine still remember him and where they've been.
    They were just told to "get lost", seems like "Forget you ever met me" would have been a much better command.

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    also I hate that there is a
    gland or cancerous growth? of some sort that has your soul and 1% is good enough

I can believe it will regrow like a liver however

scherbchen on
  • Options
    I enjoyed the Starr stuff tonight so much.

As soon as it was just the last two at the firing range I knew what was going to happen.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Best joke in "Pig" was the Vietnamese kid wearing an "Atlanta Falcons Super Bowl Champion" shirt.

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Best joke in "Pig" was the Vietnamese kid wearing an "Atlanta Falcons Super Bowl Champion" shirt.

I loved that little touch.
    I wish I could buy a bunch of those misprints for differing sporting events and wear them all the time. Then I'd try to convince people I hail from an alternate reality.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    No, the best joke was Tyler or whatever his name was using all the duct tape and saying "hope no one needs to shit."

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Bolthorn wrote: »

I loved that little touch.
    I wish I could buy a bunch of those misprints for differing sporting events and wear them all the time. Then I'd try to convince people I hail from an alternate reality.

Just convince them it's the Mandella Effect and that your shirt is right.

Edit: I am really enjoying the show this season, it's gone almost full trash and its glorious.

I don't think this show qualifies as prestige television, but it couldn't exist without it.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    It's basically a party of D&D murderhobos but set in the present.

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think the show has embraced this sense of just trying to be fun and ran with it. At least in places. It's like a dark comedy and I'm digging it.
    The guys at the counter this last episode had me cracking up.
    Them mentioning to Jessie that they couldn't see the serial number on the gun and that's a good thing was pretty funny. I liked the back and forth with those guys a lot. Also, poor Dennis.

• Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    Did they retcon 'The Word' this season? In the previous season everyone he used it on went nuts, why isn't that happening this time around?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Oakey wrote: »
    Did they retcon 'The Word' this season? In the previous season everyone he used it on went nuts, why isn't that happening this time around?

I think he's just becoming better at using The Word.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I sort of dropped out of this when we started the whole "Tulip is a weird jerk for no explicable reason" series of episodes. Did that get resolved and Tulip go back to being an awesome badass instead of a weird kid who does things for dumb reasons?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    all the grail guys are perfect
    herr starr getting accidentally sodomised was the one plot point i was absolutely certain they would drop and i think it's hilarious that it's the one thing they've kept

also tulip is acting weird because she has depression

• Options
    herr starr getting accidentally sodomised was the one plot point i was absolutely certain they would drop and i think it's hilarious that it's the one thing they've kept

In regards to your spoiler
    I think they tried to make it less "rapey" by having Starr act just kind annoyed and resigned rather than shocked and outraged, but I'm not sure if that's a great message to send, i.e. It's not really rape if the victim goes along with it.

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

In regards to your spoiler
    I think they tried to make it less "rapey" by having Starr act just kind annoyed and resigned rather than shocked and outraged, but I'm not sure if that's a great message to send, i.e. It's not really rape if the victim goes along with it.
    Show only here, but the impression I've been given of Herr Star is that
    anything short of summary execution is clear and unambiguous consent, if not a ringing endorsement.

• Options
    Humperdoo!

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Humperdoo's sketch book of the dog has me wondering was that really God? Or a way to somehow meet him?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Humperdoo's sketch book of the dog has me wondering was that really God? Or a way to somehow meet him?

I took it as a just a joke; Humperdoo knows where Dog is.

• Options
    I kind of wish they'd had Starr say the line from the comics re: Humperdoo
    Son of God or Son of Man; you can't fuck your sister and expect any good to come of it

• Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    Herr Starr is an inspiration to us all.
    That guy's ass can take punishment.
    And wanking his way to victory? Bravo.

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Well, his grandmother is a piece of shit. Shocking.
    She'd be better off as a vampire possibly. Now Jessie is screwed unless he just offs and shoots her calling her bluff maybe.

Wonder if we'll see what happened to his mother.

Xeddicus on