As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect Andromeda: Pathfinder, I've detected a thread that you can post in

19596979899101»

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I feel that saying "MEA had objectively better gameplay" isn't much of a criticism of DA2 because the ME games have always had better combat than the Dragon Age games.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    They should do a smaller scale story for a change.

I'm telling you my idea for a ME game is the best

It's getting an old heist crew back together for the big job they always said they were going to do, during the final days of the Reaper invasion.

Are people going to be protecting their shit Terry Benedict-style at the end of the galaxy??

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Kind of hilarious that based on page count, the "death" of Andromeda is the last conversation.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The whole jet pack thing ended up doing them a disservice I think.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I feel that saying "MEA had objectively better gameplay" isn't much of a criticism of DA2 because the ME games have always had better combat than the Dragon Age games.

sure, but I was doing a comparison - DA2 is well-loved by some folk for a damn good reason, and I largely feel the same about MEA

(Personally I preferred DAI's combat over DA2, but that could be due to the more interesting combat encounters)

hell, I think they should just go full action RPG for DAI rather than all this awkward strategy shoved into it

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Adus wrote: »

It's getting an old heist crew back together for the big job they always said they were going to do, during the final days of the Reaper invasion.

Are people going to be protecting their shit Terry Benedict-style at the end of the galaxy??

Sure! It could be automated systems, or it could be a message on both sides about how they just need to let it go.

Imagine a train heist in a western style desert with a reaper looming in the background, hundreds of miles away

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Sure! It could be automated systems, or it could be a message on both sides about how they just need to let it go.

Imagine a train heist in a western style desert with a reaper looming in the background, hundreds of miles away

I'm imagining it
    I love it

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

Kasumi is one of the series best characters and she spent the whole time stealing shit for the alliance to build the Crucible. Putting together a bunch of thieves and rogues to steal from some rich guy who won't give up the goods would be cool, or steal from the Illusive Mans personal vault or whatever

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The fact we are getting no DLC is a giant bummer.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    The whole jet pack thing ended up doing them a disservice I think.

Jetpacks are the best idea in Andromeda. The execution was ace, too. They were just fun to use!

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    the jetpacks are a good idea

but it completely changed the chemistry that made ME3 REALLY fun to play, and the game wasn't nearly as a polished as a result

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Scooter wrote: »
    I kind of have a bad feeling for the franchise since they couldn't even scrape together one DLC. I mean, surely they must have already had months of work that's getting tossed out, right?

Probably not- they used the time they had to patch it, then got closed down in June basically. Not much time to make anything.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Not me, I'm gonna live forever
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Dead!

He's lived 65 million years and survived the great meteor, I wouldn't bet against him at this point

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    the jetpacks are a good idea

but it completely changed the chemistry that made ME3 REALLY fun to play, and the game wasn't nearly as a polished as a result

Yeah, this combined with the open world combat made the combat environments feel really listless and not as fun as previous iterations. Which is frustrating as they have proven that they know what is fun.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Ok thread done. You can make a new one if you still want to talk about Mass Effect?

This discussion has been closed.