Options

overwatch: rip battle mercy august 2017 - august 2017

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    or maybe i'm just making that up i dunno

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    In a previous event, I came home at 11pm UK time on the Tuesday and it was still live.

It's basically whenever they drop the patch on Tuesday.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Yeah it's never been consistent. I usually get on Monday after the arcade reset, get my 3 bonus boxes, and call it.

I buy the small things I want ahead of time though.

• Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    The only skins I didn't get this time were the Lucio ones. Which I am ok with since I don't really play him.

I really don't like the Mercy and DVa changes. I feel like all they did was bend to the will of DPS players.

Mercy's rez was fine where it was and kept firefights intense after the rez. If anything the rez could have had a little bit longer charge time and/or a smaller AOE. Valkyrie now makes her OP

Making DVa's defense matrix burn up twice as fast only makes Pharah better since you can't defend against her rockets or Missile rain very effectively. If they wanted to balance it they should have have it burn 25% faster instead of 50%. The missiles are nice but she feels more like a beefy DPS than the tank she once was.

Then again I may be bitter because I main Dva and backup Mercy and Bastion

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Oh yeah I forgot that the event probably won't end until after the box reset tonight. I guess I haven't gotten my last box then.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Artoria wrote: »
    The only skins I didn't get this time were the Lucio ones. Which I am ok with since I don't really play him.

I really don't like the Mercy and DVa changes. I feel like all they did was bend to the will of DPS players.

Mercy's rez was fine where it was and kept firefights intense after the rez. If anything the rez could have had a little bit longer charge time and/or a smaller AOE. Valkyrie now makes her OP

Making DVa's defense matrix burn up twice as fast only makes Pharah better since you can't defend against her rockets or Missile rain very effectively. If they wanted to balance it they should have have it burn 25% faster instead of 50%. The missiles are nice but she feels more like a beefy DPS than the tank she once was.

Then again I may be bitter because I main Dva and backup Mercy and Bastion

Now I will probably play mercy since most of the fights I saw her she hid behind the whole group or was glued to Pharah so it was hard to kill her and ta da Ult time when it was nearly a wipe for the enemy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=123rPol6azQ

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I played Reaper outside of mystery heroes for the first time this morning.

It was fun!

What is happening to me?!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »

It was fun!

Are you wearing all black?

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »

It was fun!

Are you wearing all black?

Yes.

I mean, I normally am, though.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    opened one of my last summer games boxes

a golden ring appears

it is

currency

• Options
    I really wish there was an "I'm sorry" voice line for when I screw up

(he said after walking off a cliff in an elimination match)

• Options
    just pick mei, she's got one

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    I really need one for Lucio, for all the times I screw up as a goalie

well, Lucioball is going away shortly, so I guess that takes care of that

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    So uh

The arcade reset on console, but lucio ball is still up?

I bought like twenty boxes this morning to get the grillmaster, does this mean I can still get sexy mcgee and complete my set of legendaries for the summer???

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I really need one for Lucio, for all the times I screw up as a goalie

well, Lucioball is going away shortly, so I guess that takes care of that

"Suboptimal"

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    I feel like bastion is really unsporting in 3v3 room

Maybe I'm just salty

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I feel like bastion is really unsporting in 3v3 room

Maybe I'm just salty

mada mada

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I may not have gotten any new skins that I wanted, but Reinhardt's "Ooh, glittering prizes!" line makes me smile every time.

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I... think I might have gotten every item from the event (I did buy 10 loot boxes though) but I ended up having to buy the soldier skin at the end

last few loot boxes were all duplicates...it's just like old times!

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    I opened my last summer games loot box

a purple disc emerged

it was

currency

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I played very little this event, and the only summer skin I got from a box was a Tracer... and I never play her.

I could buy the Mercy or Junkrat, but then I wonder if they'll get something new for Xmas.

Oh well.

• Options
    IT'S IN THE REFRIGERATOR.

It's now my favorite thing.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I really wish there was an "I'm sorry" voice line for when I screw up

(he said after walking off a cliff in an elimination match)

Winston has "Sorry about that!"

and "How embarassing!"

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I was 75 gold away from 3000, popped my last box, and it's LEGENDARY...CURRENCY

So I guess it worked out

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Legendary Currency feels FUCKING TERRRRIIIIBLLLLLLE.

I would be delighted if they got rid of it altogether, even if it means buying skins slower.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I am really excited for the Mercy changes, even if they tone down her new ult a bit

I find current Mercy really stressful to play because I never know if I should be using my ult to rez a single teammate so that I can start charging a new one, or sit on it until there's a chance for a multiple rez, and then half the time I die first or second and then I'm sitting on the rez even longer so I finally decide that even one rez before I die is better than nothing, at which point I might as well have used it when I first got it charged and aaaaaaagh

so yeah, being able to single-rez on a cooldown will be much easier on my head, and her new ult sounds way less situational and more proactive than reactive

I may even make my first gold weapon be Mercy's

• Options
    I grinded way late last night, 6 or 7 boxes. I got a legendary in the 3rd to last box.

Old Lucio summer skin. Couldn't even tell you which one cause meh.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I think having mercy's ultimate be a heal-monster transform that still requires very active play is cool, but i don't think it needs to interact with her pistol at all

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Mercy on mystery heroes is even more stressful because if you die that's it, unless you have another mercy with her ult ready. This should definitely help on that front.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I think having mercy's ultimate be a heal-monster transform that still requires very active play is cool, but i don't think it needs to interact with her pistol at all

counterargument:

pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

counterargument:

pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew

I cannot deny that it is fun to pewpew

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Also you are dead be cause she got you, so I think that voids your argument.

• Options
    Mercy on mystery heroes is even more stressful because if you die that's it, unless you have another mercy with her ult ready. This should definitely help on that front.

She's going to be significantly broken in mystery because no one normally has the cognizance to play with her old ult properly.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    Also you are dead be cause she got you, so I think that voids your argument.

heroes never die
    -angela "mercy" ziegler

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    I'd even be fine with the unlimited clip part, but the flying, huge damage, huge fire rate increase, bottomless clip all together are too much.

Someone upthread suggested making it a choice ult like Symmetra. I like Angel of Mercy vs Angel of Death as an idea, though I think I would just end up disappointed that no one ever picks Angel of Mercy when the team needs it.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I wonder if this means "Can Fly: Y/N" will become a toggle on custom servers for any character.

• Options
    I would play the shit out of Flynhardt.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    templewulf wrote: »
    I'd even be fine with the unlimited clip part, but the flying, huge damage, huge fire rate increase, bottomless clip all together are too much.

Someone upthread suggested making it a choice ult like Symmetra. I like Angel of Mercy vs Angel of Death as an idea, though I think I would just end up disappointed that no one ever picks Angel of Mercy when the team needs it.

they've already said the gun is getting toned down soon

• Options
    Einzel wrote: »

She's going to be significantly broken in mystery because no one normally has the cognizance to play with her old ult properly.

Also fun in mystery heroes:
    "Okay, my ult is up, but is there anybody who'd rather not be rezzed?"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    actually when mercy goes into valkyrie mode she should carry a pre nerf bastion esque mini gun

EzUAYcn.png
This discussion has been closed.