As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Someone really needs to start a new thread

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    given that there are a bunch of people still losing their shit in dalaran, you'd think the kirin tor would issue a "Please stop riding your new demon mounts in the city" decree

um
    mj65otvhhr6k.png
    Yeah.....

Oh my. What the name of that one?

I forget the name but it will drop from Mythic Sargeras (when that becomes available).

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Finally got off my ass and got my Fathom Dweller. Argus rares have so far been teases when it comes to dropping mounts.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    So the tiers available to you in the Netherlight Crucible are only as high as the trait level of the equipped artifact, not your highest artifact.

God how stupid am I for holding out any hope that Blizzard might roll back a bit on this "fuck you if you keep your specs balanced, pick only one" mindset

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    So the tiers available to you in the Netherlight Crucible are only as high as the trait level of the equipped artifact, not your highest artifact.

God how stupid am I for holding out any hope that Blizzard might roll back a bit on this "fuck you if you keep your specs balanced, pick only one" mindset

To be fair, given that AK is rising weekly, stressing yourself over AP seems utterly pointless.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    It's now Page 99. I will not be writing a new thread. If you want to make the new thread and need any of the Page 1 posts, let me know.

• Options
    TryCatcher wrote: »

To be fair, given that AK is rising weekly, stressing yourself over AP seems utterly pointless.

If it's a pointless thing, then there's no reason it needs to be the case to begin with.

Everyone's AK is rising at the same rate - you will be perpetually penalized to be behind on some fairly significant character progression for the next several weeks for no justifiable reason relative to someone who focused on one specialization from the outset.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    I'm thankful they shortened invasions and made them a little more drop in/drop out. The scenario based ones just dragged on forever. I've noticed that people are already getting bored and AFKing in them, but eh. At least the big invasion points are really just glorified world bosses and largely spammable. I dig the Argus storyline, but I just don't really feel like playing in those zones. They keep referencing Timeless Isle, but they've not come close to the feeling of it since.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »

If it's a pointless thing, then there's no reason it needs to be the case to begin with.

Everyone's AK is rising at the same rate - you will be perpetually penalized to be behind on some fairly significant character progression for the next several weeks for no justifiable reason relative to someone who focused on one specialization from the outset.

you'll be penalized vs somebody who has farmed aggressively in like, the last couple weeks. Being 'focused on one spec from the outset' is basically irrelevant considering the amounts of AP involved now

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    A week worth of AP farming during Nighthold would get you 10m to one spec.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    A week worth of AP farming during Nighthold would get you 10m to one spec.

Which is less than you now get from one chest on Argus.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    The thing you guys have to remember is that putting AP into two specs will only put you slightly behind on your mainspec (like, 1 or 2 levels). The curve is designed that way.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Especially the higher and higher ak gets.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    given that there are a bunch of people still losing their shit in dalaran, you'd think the kirin tor would issue a "Please stop riding your new demon mounts in the city" decree

um
    mj65otvhhr6k.png
    Yeah.....

Whossa good boy den?

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Holy fuck Endless Halls who why what why why why

why

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    they should add overwatch hairstyles to wow so that you can play a goblin d.va

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    How long does it take to get thru whatever new story quests and crucible stuff they added this patch?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    How long does it take to get thru whatever new story quests and crucible stuff they added this patch?

Hour or two.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Took me about an hour or so last night and that was with my computer doing some major update that was grinding me to a halt from time to time. The big question mark is finishing the new dungeon so that depends a bit on queue timers but it was popping pretty fast last night even for DPS.

• Options
    I get home from travel around 6pm, have a raid at 8pm, and a family that hasn't seen me in a week.

Priorities, i know....

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    There's going to be Blizzcon stream at 12 pm PST today to announce some blizzcon stuff! Also goody bag was revealed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQh4vPM9t7Y

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I was surprised how short the new dungeon was. I can't imagine how fast m+'s will go through it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    PROX wrote: »
    There's going to be Blizzcon stream at 12 pm PST today to announce some blizzcon stuff! Also goody bag was revealed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQh4vPM9t7Y

Thanks for the reminder. Almost forgot about this.

Wish the goodie bag was a little more exciting. Think this is like the third bag they've done and a backpack in particular is extra useless to me. Everything else seems to be stuff sold in the gear store :/

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Wish the goodie bag was a little more exciting. Think this is like the third bag they've done and a backpack in particular is extra useless to me. Everything else seems to be stuff sold in the gear store :/

Don't forget though, you also get the in-game stuff. I think the character team outdid themselves this year with the mounts. So awesome.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21035683#1

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Don't forget though, you also get the in-game stuff. I think the character team outdid themselves this year with the mounts. So awesome.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21035683#1

Yes, the mounts are super cool (though I am not a fan of the bigger mounts overall just because of how much screen real estate they take up, but these do look really sweet). It just feels like overall less cool exclusive stuff than other years (though this is not to say the stuff inside is bad.. I do like the pins and cute but deadlys.) I suppose mostly I just hope this is the last bag :P The stein last year was much cooler :)

Still curious though, can't find any information anywhere on how attendees upgrade to the Epic bag. Surprised it's not mentioned anywhere (can only find others asking the same thing)

Edit: Oh, also, super happy they are putting all stages on the virtual ticket finally. Even as someone who goes to the show every year, there is absolutely no way to attend all those mini panels like voice actors stage, art panel (which was sadly demoted to a small one last year - legit was one of my favorite panels), etc. I am glad I'll finally have a way to watch them after the fact.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Those mounts look amazing. For the first time, I'm very seriously considering getting a ticket just for those mounts.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    It looks like the mounts are already available, I've seen a few people on one already.

Also tokens surged up to 180k

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Oh...oh my
    Does the Horde mount get shot down instead of landing? :P

• Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    6 more rares till Commander of Argus. Thankfully I got the ones that require odd kinds of summoning. I really want those Ligthforged weapons. The 2-handed Daybreak Greatsword may just be my Pally's new main weapon.

http://client.wowhead.com/item=152340/lustrous-daybreak-greatsword

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    faction restricted mounts are dumb

the airship looks ugly, the interceptor looks rad. Why can't I use it?

it's the movie items all over again. Horde gets an ugly-ass axe and ugly-ass staff that only work for orcs & warlocks respectively, while Alliance gets a rad sword and shield combo that looks amazing on a ton of xmogs.

• Options
    The Horde are, when you get down to it, not a very attractive race, and they are just a little more limited when it comes to faction specific stuff. There's only so many ways you can make primitive/spiky stuff. Blood elven stuff can work, but only really looks good on Blood elves. Forsaken gear is basically human gear (as that's what they are, really). The Horde have the same problem story wise. Look, this is only my opinion really, but I always felt that the shoehorning of races into the Horde in WCIII would lead to problems, as the horde were built so quickly that they didn't have any real time to develop backstories for the non-orc racial members. The Horde just doesn't have the same meat on their bones, story and appearance wise, as the Alliance does.

This is, of course, just my opinion, and i'd love to be proven wrong.

But I doubt Blizzard will do anything about it. I love Legion, but its obvious Blizz are turning their main attention elsewhere while WOW acts as their cash cow.

• Options
    I remember playing in TBC on a horde character and realizing every inn has a dirt floor.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    I remember playing in TBC on a horde character and realizing every inn has a dirt floor.

Floors disrupt the flow of honorable savagery.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Matthew wrote: »
    The Horde are, when you get down to it, not a very attractive race, and they are just a little more limited when it comes to faction specific stuff. There's only so many ways you can make primitive/spiky stuff. Blood elven stuff can work, but only really looks good on Blood elves. Forsaken gear is basically human gear (as that's what they are, really). The Horde have the same problem story wise. Look, this is only my opinion really, but I always felt that the shoehorning of races into the Horde in WCIII would lead to problems, as the horde were built so quickly that they didn't have any real time to develop backstories for the non-orc racial members. The Horde just doesn't have the same meat on their bones, story and appearance wise, as the Alliance does.

This is, of course, just my opinion, and i'd love to be proven wrong.

But I doubt Blizzard will do anything about it. I love Legion, but its obvious Blizz are turning their main attention elsewhere while WOW acts as their cash cow.

You could say about the same comments about the Human, Gnome, Night Elf and Draenei architectures, as they are all also completely different. Besides that, the rest is basically "Alliance gets all the pretty races", which, yeah, that's why Horde has Blood Elves and Blizz isn't making High Elves playable since population skew pre-BC was an issue. Ask Wildstar what happens when one factions gets the pretty race and the other doesn't.

On the mounts, eh. They are miniature versions of the airships, so they look as they are supposed to look. The movie items, Blizz knows how to make cool-looking Axes, but they decided that 3/4 was good enough and called it a day.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I like the warcraft 3 horde, personally.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Apparently the Alliance mount has Varian's compass from the cinematic in it.

*sniffle*

• Options
    I thought we gave that to Anduin for a free AP token and Horde got very mad that they didn't get a free AP token when Vol'jin died.

• Options
    I like the warcraft 3 horde, personally.

I'm not saying that they were bad, per se. Just that I don't see as much storyline or gear potential from them as I do from the Alliance. Perhaps it's just me, really.

• Options
    WC3 Horde you had the Trolls and Tauren setting up to help the Orcs find their way back to their noble savage roots from their demon blood addiction. The Darkspear were looking to lick their wounds after the savaging from the Gurubashi and Sea Witch, and had done something that was virtually unheard of (the Amani had flirted with it during the second war, but it was more an alliance of convenience) by modern Trolls with allying so closely with non-Trolls. The Tauren were finally secure from raids by the Centaur and found out they weren't as alone as they thought.

This is the Horde that so many of us signed up for. Each was an underdog that had found itself on the ropes, but with their new friends looked to come back swinging.

There was quite a bit of room here to grow the storyline and they did stab at it in Vanilla, but Blizzard never really had a clear idea of where to take them from there. The Tauren faded into the background, the Trolls did get some fantastic moments (the Zandalari patch in Mists), but were mostly a "and the Trolls were there too" level of interaction. The Orcs, well...

The Forsaken were...there. There wasn't much to tie them to the OG 3 and they had to be shoehorned in to give the Horde an EK presence.

• Options
    "If is not on WC3 is bad". Also, everything about the Forsaken can also be applied to the Night Elves, that also joined the Alliance after WC3 and gave the Alliance a presence on Kalimdor.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Matthew wrote: »
    The Horde just doesn't have the same meat on their bones, story and appearance wise, as the Alliance does.
    I'm curious: what is this story potential that the Alliance has and the Horde is missing?

On the subject of backstories, I feel like pretty much all the back-story and characterization for both factions that currently exists was retroactively created or retroactively changed over the course of WoW. Going into WoW, I don't think either faction was particularly fleshed-out (or, to be honest, particularly interesting).

This discussion has been closed.