• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    now i want to play the sims

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    a
    Ludious wrote: »
    Adoption is such a shit show. It's especially a shit show if you want an infant.
    So many agencies bar us at the door because they want a statement of faith and apparently "hail satan" doesn't count

I joke because I don't have the capacity to go into a rant about all of the other bullshit. All this aside, I'm going into this with a lot of trepidation, whereas Chelle is full gung ho, so these bullshit gates and barriers are really getting to her especially.

You want to blow a baby into someone and raise it but you're also a heroin addict or a republican? No problem! Nobody even checks on you unless someone complains.

You want to adopt a baby? Well sit down because you're getting probed.

yeah it sucks but it's also a supply and demand thing I think :(

the barriers for minority kids and especially for non infants are far less, but the demand is also way down

and that's not to say you guys should go that route. you absolutely should be able to start with an infant. older kids often have a lot of additional challenges to work thru.

I still want to adopt some day. an older kid because we've been lucky enough to make our own infants and we shouldn't take from that pool. idk if porp will ever be on board tho. we'll see.

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Surfpossum - Maybe people preordered based on the design claims of NMS during the late stages of development. They had already taken a leap of faith that the game would be good and paid money prior to reviews, but to also be missing key features probably felt like they were lied to.

I'm not sure claims made during development and failing to deliver constitute false advertisement, but if you have already shelled out cash and the product changed underneath you....

• Options
    also the adoption agencies around here aren't so jesusy I don't think. maybe look out of state? or is that a bunch of other hurdles

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Adoption is such a shit show. It's especially a shit show if you want an infant.
    So many agencies bar us at the door because they want a statement of faith and apparently "hail satan" doesn't count

I joke because I don't have the capacity to go into a rant about all of the other bullshit. All this aside, I'm going into this with a lot of trepidation, whereas Chelle is full gung ho, so these bullshit gates and barriers are really getting to her especially.

You want to blow a baby into someone and raise it but you're also a heroin addict or a republican? No problem! Nobody even checks on you unless someone complains.

I'm

excited

to try to adopt as a queer couple

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    GOD HAS NO COMPREHENSIBLE FORM

you have no comprehensible form

Um, excuse me.
    JJeUlDf.jpg?1

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    They likely could've have worked out a "watch your sims!" system if it was limited to a few hundred people no problem ezpz, then modeled everything else virtually.

Didn't City Skylines implement exactly this? Like, I could follow a guy that went from the same home to his same job. And then eventually when he got too old, he would die. I think early on their were problems where a whole generation would just die off pretty much at the same time and the cemeteries couldn't handle the load.

Yup if your city was too healthy you'd have death waves.

This is the future liberals wants.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    The Christian God’s got tiny hands.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    They likely could've have worked out a "watch your sims!" system if it was limited to a few hundred people no problem ezpz, then modeled everything else virtually.

Didn't City Skylines implement exactly this? Like, I could follow a guy that went from the same home to his same job. And then eventually when he got too old, he would die. I think early on their were problems where a whole generation would just die off pretty much at the same time and the cemeteries couldn't handle the load.

That happened to me and it was hysterical. Whole residential skyscrapers just full of dead bodies and not enough people left alive to cart them off to the morgue. I consider it a mark in that game's favor. The simulation was genuine, they just overlooked the consequences of spawning in tons of people all exactly the same age.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    someone buy me the sims

• Options

How do you guys feel about surrogacy? It's usually "cheaper" and super less bullshit than infant adoption.

I am under the impression that surrogacy is not cheaper at all. Adoption has a large tax credit (not enough to defray all of the costs). Surrogacy can run into the 6 figures from what I hear.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

Yup if your city was too healthy you'd have death waves.

This is the future liberals wants.

This is why we need guns and motorcycles with no helmet laws

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I'm doing my part!

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

How do you guys feel about surrogacy? It's usually "cheaper" and super less bullshit than infant adoption.

I am under the impression that surrogacy is not cheaper at all. Adoption has a large tax credit (not enough to defray all of the costs). Surrogacy can run into the 6 figures from what I hear.

Depends on insurance and a lot of other things, I suppose.

If you choose traditional surrogacy (sperm of father + egg donor/womb of third party) it's much cheaper than gestational surrogacy (sperm of father + egg of mother in a third party) I think.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    The sims 4 has a ridiculous number of expansions now. And I think waffles has all of them.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    The very first thing I did when I started playing PUBG was turn off voice chat. I found out my friend has been playing with it enabled for weeks.

I still don't understand why

I consider it a small reminder of how shitty it is outside my bubble.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    The very first thing I did when I started playing PUBG was turn off voice chat. I found out my friend has been playing with it enabled for weeks.

I consider it a small reminder of how shitty it is outside my bubble.

It can also be used tactically in the 5% of times someone leaves it on by accident.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I dated a guy for a few years with several adopted siblings. They all had various issues beyond what most parents expect to deal with - adopting is really tough.

And just because you adopt an infant doesn't mean the child will not have similar issues to other adopted children, which I'm sure you all already know but yeah.

Good luck to you guys I hope it all works out well eventually.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    good afternoon micromanual messiahs

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    just realized the kid I gave up for adoption turns 18 in april

• Options
    hmmmmm
    is origin access worth it?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

It's important to remember that CHINA NUMBER ONE CHINA NUMBER ONE CHINA NUMBER ONE

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I dated a guy for a few years with several adopted siblings. They all had various issues beyond what most parents expect to deal with - adopting is really tough.

And just because you adopt an infant doesn't mean the child will not have similar issues to other adopted children, which I'm sure you all already know but yeah.

There are a lot of factors, and Querry was super worried for this, so I looked up some papers. I think, while it's not easy and there are risks, they tend to be overstated.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

I'm

excited

Oh Querry doesn't want to carry a smol human around inside her for nine months while it destroys her blood sugar and kicks her in the organs?

I am in a bad mood because I keep getting contractions that are increasing slightly in intensity but they are SO irregular I can't really track them and it's obviously not real labor sigh

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

so does buckcherry's debut album

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Theoretically you can hear someone talking if they try to sneak up on you

But people typically aren't talking in solo games and most have their mic off anyway

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    The Shark hunt begins...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

I'm

excited

Oh Querry doesn't want to carry a smol human around inside her for nine months while it destroys her blood sugar and kicks her in the organs?

I am in a bad mood because I keep getting contractions that are increasing slightly in intensity but they are SO irregular I can't really track them and it's obviously not real labor sigh

No, Querry does want that, but has a probably infertile partner whose hypothetical part in this makes her want to cut herself, so she tries not to think about it.

• Options
    a
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    The Shark hunt begins...

man I hope he doesn't hate me

• Options

There are a lot of factors, and Querry was super worried for this, so I looked up some papers. I think, while it's not easy and there are risks, they tend to be overstated.

You and Lud are careful people who will do the research and prepare as best you can, so I'm not too worried. Just saying I've seen first hand how tough it can be.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Surrogacy is absolutely not cheaper than adoption based on everything chelle has read. I'm not armed with any facts but that's what she's told me.
    The problem with out of state, the further you go the harder or more costly it is if you want an open adoption. That's a big sticking point with chelle. She wants to keep the birth mother in our lives to whatever level is healthy.

I know, it's some real hippy bullshit

• Options
    oh no that was this april

• Options
    I cannot overstate how much damage having a pregnant partner would likely do to me, on top of the not having sex for a while, which combine in gross ways because having sex is literally the only thing that keeps me feeling ok with my body.

It sucks.

• Options

It's important to remember that CHINA NUMBER ONE CHINA NUMBER ONE CHINA NUMBER ONE

so that was you?

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    a
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    The Shark hunt begins...

man I hope he doesn't hate me
    You didn't name him "Sue", did you?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    hmmmmm
    is origin access worth it?

i don't like any origin games, so not for me, but

• Options

You and Lud are careful people who will do the research and prepare as best you can, so I'm not too worried. Just saying I've seen first hand how tough it can be.

Yeah. My sister is adopted so I am kind of touchy about it.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

I'm

excited

*jab, punch, kick kick, stomp*

It's just so cozy in mommy's abdomen. I can't imagine she needed this space for anything.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular

This reminds me of a really awkward moment in highschool

teacher: was that your sister I saw you with this morning?

student: yes.

teacher: I knew it, you look very alike.

student: she is from colombia, I'm from chile

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    My sister went the get pregnant as a queer couple route. I’m told it’s straightforward, if you’re up for getting big for a while.

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.