Options

We talk TV. You talk some [TV]?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Just give me Hellboy and the Goblin Market scene from Hellboy 2.

Honestly I considered putting Hellboy 2 on my list

It's definitely not as good as the first one, but it has an endless array of individual scenes I will want to watch at various points in time

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Put this in the wrong thread apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMUiRYoc76A

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    That's not my superhero list AJ. It's on my list.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Franklyn is a very good super-hero movie that nobody has probably seen.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    What about Super, does that count?

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    when i met malcolm mcdowell at a monster mania, in between being a dick to everyone, he had just this huge stack of like twenty scripts he was barely reading, but telling his assistant to say yes to.

he was doing these two things while yelling across the room to good hollywood christian, corbin bernsen, about how he desperately wanted to be done with this already

I met him a couple years ago at a con and he seemed to be so done with this world he couldn't muster any kind of giving a fuck about anything. When my girlfriend handed him the record to sign he sighed so loud. She asked him to sign viddy well and he said oh how original. I got a kick out of his attitude though. Which was honestly less extreme than traci lords. That chick was hateful.

m0C3hNN.jpg

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Does Riddick count as a super hero?

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    No but based on the last movie he's definitely a super sexual predator.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Macro9 wrote: »
    when i met malcolm mcdowell at a monster mania, in between being a dick to everyone, he had just this huge stack of like twenty scripts he was barely reading, but telling his assistant to say yes to.

he was doing these two things while yelling across the room to good hollywood christian, corbin bernsen, about how he desperately wanted to be done with this already

I met him a couple years ago at a con and he seemed to be so done with this world he couldn't muster any kind of giving a fuck about anything. When my girlfriend handed him the record to sign he sighed so loud. She asked him to sign viddy well and he said oh how original. I got a kick out of his attitude though. Which was honestly less extreme than traci lords. That chick was hateful.

m0C3hNN.jpg

you'd think if doing that sort of thing was so trying, he'd just not do it

what was traci lords' deal?

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    that is weird, because traci lords was super cool to me when i met her. i know she's famously temperamental, so maybe i caught her at a good time. considering how she's been treated, her being a gigantic asshole at times makes perfect sense.

also her music s ridiculous

edit: check this out

https://youtu.be/rtdOQ3SAmfs

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I think there's two types of con signings

The people who genuinely love being there and meeting fans and the people who despise it but need the money

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I really liked her in Zack & Miri

• Options
    She had a mega tude. Had a look like she fucking hated everyone. I only saw a couple people go to her booth but she seemed to treat them with utter contempt. Was rude to them and passerbys who were not getting things signed. She probably had the worst resting bitch face I've ever seen. She just seemed like a hateful person to me.

I saw this while waiting in line to see Romero and that dude was so pleasant to likeable it was a crazy contrast to her. Even savini was more likeable to me than her and that dude is a douchecanoe.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    I think the nicest "celebrity" I've ever met is Brom

he is the sweetest man

• Options
    it's a three way tie for me with regard to nicest celebrity:

jerry only made me a sandwich, zack wilde hugged me and threw me a beer, and george "corpsegrnder" fisher played final fantasy: crystal chronicles with me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited October 2017
    "extremely nice metal dude" is one of my favorite types of person

Shorty on
  • Options
    Jerry only made you a sandwich? Where was Doyle at? My girlfriend wants to know if he was the meat. She's a dirty fan girl.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    James Marsden was very nice and friendly and shook my hand

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Was it the monster mania in 08 with bruce campbell? I knew one of the staff assigned to mcdowell, and he was super angry about campbell getting much better treatment.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Brie Larsen, Seth Rogan and Mike Birbiglia were all very sweet, although Gillian Jacobs' valiant attempts to say hello to my friends and I despite being totally unable to use her voice was up there

also Shane Black tolerated me telling him I liked Last Action Hero and then gave me some red vines after without even asking him so I guess he wins

YaYa on
  • Options
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Jerry only made you a sandwich? Where was Doyle at? My girlfriend wants to know if he was the meat. She's a dirty fan girl.

i don't know where doyle was. this was after a misfits show and it was super late at night. he decided to hang out at the club after the set, and made peanut butter sandwiches for everyone that stuck around. it was dope as hell.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    Gillian Jacobs' valiant attempts to say hello to my friends and I despite being totally unable to use her voice was up there

Typical Britta.

• Options
    other nice metal dudes, from my experience

dez, the lead singer of coal chamber
    tim "ripper" owens
    burton c. bell of fear factory
    rob halford
    corey taylor of slipknot
    merle allin
    everyone in mastodon
    the lead singers of lamb of god, shadows fall, and killswitch engage (randy, brian, and howard -- i met them all at once and they are very good friends with each other)

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    oh man I bet Rob Halford is nice as hell

• Options
    I got to meet and hang out with Cheryl Lee last month for a bit behind the scenes of a con. And easily one of the nicest people I've ever met.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Michael Rooker has consistently been the nicest celeb at any con.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Stephen Amell is the nicest celebrity I have met.

He was all muscles and looked beautiful and smelt like Christmas.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    other nice metal dudes, from my experience

dez, the lead singer of coal chamber
    tim "ripper" owens
    burton c. bell of fear factory
    rob halford
    corey taylor of slipknot
    merle allin
    everyone in mastodon
    the lead singers of lamb of god, shadows fall, and killswitch engage (randy, brian, and howard -- i met them all at once and they are very good friends with each other)

I saw Corey Taylor on Saturday at aftershock
    Gpddamn that man can work a stage

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    If you folks liked that impromptu five superhero-film Amazon Prime list thingy, ooh boy can I entertain you over the next couple of days.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Natalie Morales sent me a very nice birthday text even though she didn't (and doesn't, to be clear) know me from Adam

I've gotten drunk and played boardgames with Malcolm from CBS' Survivor on several occassions, and one time he had a dream where the two of us were a crimefighting duo

David Hyde Pierce once wanted to shut down a film production for long enough to go to his house and get me a jacket

• Options
    My dad was picked on in school by Eddie Money.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I legitimately do not think I've ever met a celebrity

I feel like I'm probably forgetting something big here, like in those six years where I believed that I had not dated anyone in high school

But I cannot come up with a single famous person who I have met

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I legitimately do not think I've ever met a celebrity

I feel like I'm probably forgetting something big here, like in those six years where I believed that I had not dated anyone in high school

But I cannot come up with a single famous person who I have met

Yeah, the closest I have is that I grew up with (elementary and high school) Jordan Cook (Reignwolf). I don't think I've met a TV/Movie celebrity.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    The only famous person I ever met was after an Oklahoma Library Association conference when me and a bunch of library science students went out for pizza and beer with Nancy Pearl.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I spoke briefly with John Cho once after a screening and he was nice and cool and handsome

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    David Hyde Pierce once wanted to shut down a film production for long enough to go to his house and get me a jacket

This is the most "actor irl fitting the image I have of them based solely on their work" thing I have ever read

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    My buddy and I hung out at the bar with Doug Benson for a bit during a DJ set by Elijah Woods. He was wasted as hell, which to be fair seems to be Doug Benson's default state. Seemed nice enough though.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I've pretty much only met people that you would call famous TO ME

I met Jon Wurster after a Bob Mould show and asked him dumbass questions like how we're even able to talk right now because that show was so goddamned loud to which he said "uh, I have earplugs in"

and I met half of Mega64 at C2E2 a couple years ago and they mostly wanted to talk to me about my Nathan For You Summit Ice jacket, which is a very nice jacket that came with a printout of the first section of the Wikipedia page on the Holocaust

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    We just saw Leslie Odom Jr (original Aaron Burr) in concert and he stayed afterwards and talked to everyone who lined up, signed stuff and took pictures. He took a picture my wife brought that one of her students drew for him and wrote a very nice personalized message in the program for her to bring back to the kid. Seemed like a super nice guy.

• Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    My dad was picked on in school by Eddie Money.

My dad also lost a game of pool to Townes Van Zandt. Which my mother has confirmed. However she disputes his notion that Townes cheated.

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.