Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    For those spell cards to be buffed, do they have to be in your hand?

Or can they be buffed wherever they are?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Ah... yeah the 7 mana shaman one might never see play then imo.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    They are probably thinking that the downside of having a dead card in hand for a long time might outweigh insane benefits

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    It's tough to evaluate cards without seeing the whole set, but a 7-mana potentially summon 3 minions is very strong. Unfortunately, it seems way overcosted, especially next to a 1-mana, deal 6 damage card, with a super easy upgrade option. My gut instinct is that it won't be playable unless Shaman can create a solid Control deck with new cards.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Cards that are overpowered or bad are really boring.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    so watching the blizzcon feed, that dungeon crawl looks fun. Some of the combos are really out there but we'll see if the AI can prove a challenge. right now it didn't seem rough but I dunno how the AI will ramp up once you get to boss 6+

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    It's tough to evaluate cards without seeing the whole set, but a 7-mana potentially summon 3 minions is very strong. Unfortunately, it seems way overcosted, especially next to a 1-mana, deal 6 damage card, with a super easy upgrade option. My gut instinct is that it won't be playable unless Shaman can create a solid Control deck with new cards.

It's just that at that cost, summoning an extra fatty or two sounds really win-more. Besides, it also means that fatty has to stay on board.

Unless you want to summon three extra spell power totems or something. Still doesn't seem viable at all.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

It's just that at that cost, summoning an extra fatty or two sounds really win-more. Besides, it also means that fatty has to stay on board.

Unless you want to summon three extra spell power totems or something. Still doesn't seem viable at all.

I'm looking forward to the deck Dane puts together where he uses Emperor on a hand with Ancestor's Call and two Lightning Bolts, then cheats out a Malygos with AC, triple copies it, and OTKs his opponent with free Lightning Bolts.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    It's a very high value but incredibly slow card. Overpay 1.5 mana for the first part, then 5 mana for 2/2s and 3/3s etc, then finally a 10 mana 10/10. It's a lot of minion for not very much stats, hoping it hits early enough in a control matchup to win on value.

I think it may see play. In control games where you draw this by turn 6, by turn 11 they have no deck. Vs aggro it's a slightly inefficient taunt. It could probably beat big priest that doesn't massively highroll and Raza priest and most slow warrior or mage decks if drawn on curve. It is a lot of mana investment, but you're actually only "wasting" 7-8 mana over the raw stat lines

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Just got back from an official fireside gathering with the shield and everything, played a bunch of tavern brawls and won them all

Got the card back but not Nemsy???? ?? ???

Emailed the event organiser with my battletag hopefully it's a known issue because I literally ticked every single box to qualify for getting the hero

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Just got back from an official fireside gathering with the shield and everything, played a bunch of tavern brawls and won them all

Got the card back but not Nemsy???? ?? ???

Emailed the event organiser with my battletag hopefully it's a known issue because I literally ticked every single box to qualify for getting the hero

Was it a Tavern or Gathering?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    It was the official sanctioned one with the shield logo

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    This inn-vitational grand finals is sick!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Two zero win arena runs back to back

then you tilt and actually start spending real money. My free runs were great! Then as soon as I started spending gold on tickets I just completely forgot how to play this game.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    There will be limited time Arena exclusive cards
    Zm6HIL7.jpg
    Most of those are pretty good

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    All of those but the Warlock one would be constructed powerhouses.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    It was the official sanctioned one with the shield logo

Did you do the 3v3?
    We did that and got it. Long-ass game.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    All of those but the Warlock one would be constructed powerhouses.

Shaman one would be amazing until Eternal Sentinel rotates.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Just drafted my first dual-class arena deck, druid + rogue. 0 Death Knights, 0 Legendaries. :/ 0-3 inc.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Those are all cool, but I love love love the mind game potential of Hand of Salvation.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Even just as a limited-run arena-only card Crackling Doom seems like a mistake. Overload (10) is way less of a punishment than Deathwing discarding your hand, and I imagine it'll show up more regularly than legendaries do!

Rest are neat tho.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Deadeye should be a Hunter card in Standard. Helps create a Control archetype without needing tons of healing and other things.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Have we ever talked about the sounds that Curious Glimmerroot makes?

Jesus that thing is disgusting. Sounds like a gremlin choking on its own vomit.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    "The Hearthstone team is working on some things internally that Brode thinks will drive more people to Wild."

confirmed, next Standard is going to be terrible. :D

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    they're printing more patches

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I really hope they revamp the ladder system at some point. They've been talking about it for years and it's making the game feel really stagnant for me.

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    "The Hearthstone team is working on some things internally that Brode thinks will drive more people to Wild."

confirmed, next Standard is going to be terrible. :D

Oh, are they going to reduce the crafting and gold cost of wild ca- Bwahahahaha, almost made it through that sentence with a straight face.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    There will be limited time Arena exclusive cards
    [snip]
    Most of those are pretty good

Ben Brode did say there may be another chance for the wider community to have an influence on the cards that were chosen during the Q&A.

One of the other Warlock card options was "1 mana, draw 3 cards. At the end of your turn discard them." Which I thought was pretty interesting.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Just had the most feel-good win as highlander priest vs jade druid

I've been drawing like crazy all game (Acolyte, Thalnos, Novice, Auctioneer etc) and finally get Raza + DK Anduin, play Raza just as my opponent makes a huge jade board

Play my 10 mana polymorph all + summon an 8/8 Kazakus potion, then next turn he makes an ocean of 8/8 9/9 10/10 etc

DK Anduin

My opponent has been playing correctly vs me all game (digging for DK Malf early and stacking armor, it's the best way of completely shutting out the priest much like old Justicar warrior) and has stacked a bunch of armor but I've managed to chip away at him so he has 4 armor and 30 HP with a bunch of 12+ attack jades, I am 100% dead next turn

My hand ends up looking like Velen + Silence + Mind Blast + Northshire Cleric

Which, conveniently, is 34 damage

• Options
    Was the full set revealed, or just partial?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Only a few cards that frankly didnt look that interesting aside from maybe some tavern brawls. But thats viewing them through current standard which is basically just hurling haymakers at each other until someone draws dead.

• Options
    Hey wait if you're doing a dual class arena run and the event ends. . .what happens?

will we be seeing dual class decks going against regular decks in the coming weeks?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Hey wait if you're doing a dual class arena run and the event ends. . .what happens?

will we be seeing dual class decks going against regular decks in the coming weeks?

You get rewards for your current results and your deck is retired.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    And a ticket?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Because i was kinda banking on that and left my shitty deck at 0/2

If you dont get a ticket i might as well see if i can luck into a win or two

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    bwanie wrote: »
    Because i was kinda banking on that and left my shitty deck at 0/2

If you dont get a ticket i might as well see if i can luck into a win or two

As soon as you drafted you used up the free ticket.

I'd get on that arena run and see what you can do with it.

I are probably wrong. Please ignore.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    i just went 0-9 in arena

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    i just went 0-9 in arena

Hey, I just had my first 0-3 ever!

This format is fun for mixing it up, but jacks up the randomness of the card pool so much more. I tried to get a little clever drafting an elemental deck and the supply dried up in favor of freeze (mage-shaman whyyy)

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    i just went 0-9 in arena

Hey, I just had my first 0-3 ever!

This format is fun for mixing it up, but jacks up the randomness of the card pool so much more. I tried to get a little clever drafting an elemental deck and the supply dried up in favor of freeze (mage-shaman whyyy)

Clearly there is just something I did not understand about this draft mode. My first try was a regular old 7 win run and I had fun.

Then 0-3 and i'm thinking. . .wait what. . .then 0-3 and i'm thinking okay fuck that can't possibly happen again oh shit i'm out of gold whatever i'll make it up. . .then 0-3 again

and i'm not even mad. just dumbfounded by my inability to properly play.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png