Options

Baby hiccups [chat]

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Big Mouth was a bit too on the nose with the song-and-dance at the bat mitzvah

I mean I liked it

but they could've just ended the series there, it accomplished everything it needed to

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I loved the krombopolis Michael episode

Aw, here I go killin' again

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I don't think anyone should be required to watch anything depressing if they don't want to, except Ludious, specifically.

I fucked your mother

Talk about getting into something depressing!

could've been a good response but you don't get a do-over. I award you no points

What do you mean a do-over

Are you confusing me with Landshark

Oh yeah I guess I am, sorry, you all look alike to me

He's not a shark

He's like some sort of

Puffer fish

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Is Bojack mainly uncomfortable cringe humor? I've had a lot of trouble enjoying that lately.

it is uncomfortable but not cringe

i can't watch The Office but basically mainline Bojack

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Something about basically anyone will arnett plays is kind of heart breaking.

I think it's because his characters are always so desperate to be liked, which leads into his best stuff like a constant fake stepford smile, barking laughter, overkinetic motions, mania

I think I can relate to the malaise and lack of direction more than I'm comfortable with

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    anyway I'm going to drop the R&M issue because, as fairly pointed out, I didn't watch the finale and I ain't gonna so it's not a completely informed opinion

I don't mean this post to argue against you, so much as offer a familiar analogy so you don't have to watch it.

Rick Sanchez is basically in the same class of amoral protagonists as Scarface, Walter White, Tyler Durden, Alex from A Clockwork Orange. Some dudes who feel constrained by rules admire them for being badasses.

But he's definitely not intended to be a role model, even if we find some of his chutzpah seductive.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well I'm glad Bethesda is supporting 4k.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Those other ones were not good though. The only redeeming bit of interdimensional cable 2 was the cameo

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Like it will take me an hour to watch someone bomb a three minute comedy roast speech and I was able to easily handle BoJack

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Bojack isn't cringe humour at all

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Without spoilers, the back half of the most recent season of Bojack is some of the most perfect tv I've ever watched.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I agree that R&M Season 2 was extremely weak - maybe 2 or 3? good episodes in there

Season 3 also felt kind of underwhelming at times (especially the finale... like... every joke missed) but the season's good episodes were very very good

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Also I am very anxious today and want to shriek and start smashing this hotel lobby in a wild panic

• Options
    the other day I simply remembered the The Office scene with Kevin and his chili and I curled up into a tiny ball of anxiety

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    Cass!!!!!

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Like it will take me an hour to watch someone bomb a three minute comedy roast speech and I was able to easily handle BoJack

Well yeah, depression is merely bojack's ally. You were raised in it. Molded by it. By the time you experienced happiness it was saccharine

Ludious on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Yeah but y'all should watch Moral Orel

• Options
    Awkward comedy is so hard for me to watch because I empathize so much with socially unadjusted people.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Local gaming store continues to not have any copies of Volo's Guide to Monsters, but I picked up the campaign book Princes of the Apocalypse today.

So in a couple weeks I'll go back for Storm King's Thunder and see if he's got the guild in then.

Two weeks later I'll get Out of The Abyss and that's his last chance because then I'll have all the campaign books and I'll just order Volo's guide from Amazon. :P

Just ask @Melding for help with all your monstrous questions and guide needs. Oh and by her MRE handbook instead. :P

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Cass!!!!!

Hi!!!

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    the other day I simply remembered the The Office scene with Kevin and his chili and I curled up into a tiny ball of anxiety

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    as far as the baby in old time cars question goes. . .

did. . .did we just agree babies died?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Once my life was full of pain and despair, but those carefree days are over.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I think people misunderstand it isn't from Bojack being cringe. It is a mix of I don't have a relatable moments to it and there are moments that to me are cringe worthy. The second season by episode 8 or so just had me disconnect from it. I just never went back.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    why do people make gifs that are long enough to be videos and then just compress the fuck out of them to reduce the filesize to something manageable

just make a video

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Yeah but y'all should watch Moral Orel

Made by Dino stomatopolous aka starburns aka very Harmon-y

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Organichu hello

My friend!!!

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I think people misunderstand it isn't from Bojack being cringe. It is a mix of I don't have a relatable moments to it and there are moments that to me are cringe worthy. The second season by episode 8 or so just had me disconnect from it. I just never went back.

I'm kind of curious what the show is like to people who don't deal with depression

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    why do people make gifs that are long enough to be videos and then just compress the fuck out of them to reduce the filesize to something manageable

just make a video
    No

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I'm going to buy skyrim on the switch, I'll be part of the problem.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    as far as the baby in old time cars question goes. . .

did. . .did we just agree babies died?

ya every baby

they just put them on the seat and then they rolled off and died as soon as you started the car

dangerous times to be an infant

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I think I have everything to make a vegan chili. Should I make it chat.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    w00t! got an appointment in 9 days and they take my insurance so my copay is only $35!

that's some really amazing news :mrgreen:

So wait..you don't have a job anymore though? Your insurance is OK? I'm real confused.

That's okay, I apologize. But as I've said, I can't discuss it.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I'm kind of curious what the show is like to people who don't deal with depression

I liked the first season for it fell more into weird humor and shit with celebrities. It took me a bit to get into it though.

Season two just lost me and by the time I stopped I was mostly cringing.

I am not sure this is the answer for all folks.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Awkward comedy is so hard for me to watch because I empathize so much with socially unadjusted people.

This is why I really liked Fantastic Beasts.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    The Skyrim on Switch thing still just utterly baffles me.

• Options
    I'm going to buy skyrim on the switch, I'll be part of the problem.

It'll be you and syndalis. You'll both be listed on nintendo's third party sales wiki.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    atomika has kompromat on her old job

it's all so obvious

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

just make a video

videos don't autoplay on forums usually

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
This discussion has been closed.