Options

[Xbox Live] Morrowind! Jade Empire! Panzer Dragoon! Oh and the best version of RDR!

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    As note, if you see Agents of Mayhem go on sale, I'd grab it. It's "G.I.-Joe: The Video Game", straight-up. Except with violence. "Saturday morning cartoon" was an incomplete descriptor, I feel.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I already bought the new Sherlock Holmes game because the last one was so good. Probably ACO only because it’s redone and Xbox enhanced super well too.

Lots of amazing sales though

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Has anyone here who played Hitman on PC moved onto the Xbox One X?

I'm seriously considering grabbing the GOTY edition on console for achievements and to see how it looks by comparison, but I've gotten so used to playing Hitman as a series on PC...the last one I played on consoles was Hitman 2 way back on the old Xbox.

EDIT: Whoops, I guess I thought it was heavily discounted, but it's $60....the upgrade on PC would would be $20 from what I already bought. Heh, hard sell considering it's one mission and a few new outfits. At least on console I'd be getting all the episodes.

It's not one mission! It's 4 new campaign missions (on remixed old maps), new costumes, new escalations, stuff like that. Worth the 20 bucks as far as I'm concerned, I've gotten a lot out of it already. Plus they are running the elusive targets again!

I have my misgivings about the elusive targets (for a lot of reasons), but those ought to be accessible to me on PC anyway. It's hard to justify the DLC itself, much less a repurchase. I wish I'd waited to buy it as a complete set on Xbox now, but then I would've missed even more ET (which are only around for another single go before they vanish into the ether).

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I didn't dig Prey. I enjoyed the BioShock-like atmosphere, but it was so slow and boring.
    I thought Prey was decent, but not as mind-blowing as people made it out to seem. If you find it on sale for under $30, I think it's totally worth that price.

People in the Prey thread weren't happy about my feelings on the ending, but I really did not enjoy the ending. To me, it felt like someone just said "Can I be done with this now?"

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Has anyone here who played Hitman on PC moved onto the Xbox One X?

I'm seriously considering grabbing the GOTY edition on console for achievements and to see how it looks by comparison, but I've gotten so used to playing Hitman as a series on PC...the last one I played on consoles was Hitman 2 way back on the old Xbox.

EDIT: Whoops, I guess I thought it was heavily discounted, but it's $60....the upgrade on PC would would be $20 from what I already bought. Heh, hard sell considering it's one mission and a few new outfits. At least on console I'd be getting all the episodes.

It's not one mission! It's 4 new campaign missions (on remixed old maps), new costumes, new escalations, stuff like that. Worth the 20 bucks as far as I'm concerned, I've gotten a lot out of it already. Plus they are running the elusive targets again!

I have my misgivings about the elusive targets (for a lot of reasons), but those ought to be accessible to me on PC anyway. It's hard to justify the DLC itself, much less a repurchase. I wish I'd waited to buy it as a complete set on Xbox now, but then I would've missed even more ET (which are only around for another single go before they vanish into the ether).

The DLC seems to have plenty of stuff to justify the cost to me but yeah I wouldn't buy it again if you already have it on PC.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    So I finally grabbed an Xbox one (it's awesome)

But I can't get my Astro A50's to work with it... I plug in the optical and usb into the mixer, but no sound at the headset.

What am I missing?

Google isn't particularly useful so far.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Why does verifying update take so fucking long!!!!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

But I can't get my Astro A50's to work with it... I plug in the optical and usb into the mixer, but no sound at the headset.

What am I missing?

What generation? Make sure the headset is paired with the base if it’s gen 3 the most recent.

Settings — display and sound — audio output is where you’ll find relevant settings. You want optical output and Dolby digital not DTS surround. You can also install atmos or use Windows sonic which are awesome and then you’d turn off the Astro Dolby button on the headset.

Also verify the headphones aren’t mixed all the way to voice so you think there’s no game sound.

• Options

What am I missing?

What generation? Make sure the headset is paired with the base if it’s gen 3 the most recent.

Settings — display and sound — audio output is where you’ll find relevant settings. You want optical output and Dolby digital not DTS surround. You can also install atmos or use Windows sonic which are awesome and then you’d turn off the Astro Dolby button on the headset.

Also verify the headphones aren’t mixed all the way to voice so you think there’s no game sound.

Excellent! Thank you

I will try this.

Based on the astro website I think they're Gen 1? I re-paired them, so that doesn't look like the problem.

By default, when you turn the mixer/headphones on, should audio out to my receiver via HDMI drop? It does on my PS4, but turning on the mixer doesn't seem to affect audio out on the Xbox.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    As note, if you see Agents of Mayhem go on sale, I'd grab it. It's "G.I.-Joe: The Video Game", straight-up. Except with violence. "Saturday morning cartoon" was an incomplete descriptor, I feel.

I just bought it last weekend out of a redbox for 5 bucks. So that's an option if you have one near you with the game in it.

Haven't played too much yet, but I enjoyed what I did play.

Steam: offday
  • Options

What am I missing?

This was the problem... they don't sync properly with the PS4 so the mixer on the side of the headset doesn't really work the same.

Turns out I just had my mix ALL the way to party chat and couldn't hear game audio.

Thanks @OnTheLastCastle !

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    You’re welcome, my friend! I do recommend trying sonic and atmos instead of the a50 mixing.

• Options
    Well, apparently some U.S. legislatures are calling EA out for predatory practices against minors. At first I thought it was a waste of tax payer money and congretional time, but with their focus on minors and exposing them to gambling tendencies, they kind of have a point. Then again, part of responsibility falls on the parents. However, the whole loot box mentality reminds me a bit of Columbia House back in the 90s.

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I didn't dig Prey. I enjoyed the BioShock-like atmosphere, but it was so slow and boring.
    I thought Prey was decent, but not as mind-blowing as people made it out to seem. If you find it on sale for under $30, I think it's totally worth that price.

People in the Prey thread weren't happy about my feelings on the ending, but I really did not enjoy the ending. To me, it felt like someone just said "Can I be done with this now?"

I've reqlly beem struggling through it, which is a drag because I love the premise, etc. Bioshock, System Shock 2, and the recent Deus Ex titles all allowed you to play stealth combat and actively engage targets if that was the playstyle you wanted. Prey's ammo distribution, however is sooo low that it really isn't practical. You end up with a title where in many cases your only option is slow avoidance, which is less than engaging.

• Options
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Le_Goat wrote: »

I've reqlly beem struggling through it, which is a drag because I love the premise, etc. Bioshock, System Shock 2, and the recent Deus Ex titles all allowed you to play stealth combat and actively engage targets if that was the playstyle you wanted. Prey's ammo distribution, however is sooo low that it really isn't practical. You end up with a title where in many cases your only option is slow avoidance, which is less than engaging.
    The recycler helps a lot, as do those recycler grenades. You can toss in items you have way too many of and turn it into mats. Once I figured that out, ammo no longer became a concern

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    For a few deep-rooted reasons, I tend to be very much opposed to first-person shooter games that focus on crafting, material collection, and the like. I'm fine with weapon customization, in and out of level, so long as the basic unmodified weapons are not ultimately rendered useless, but there are very few circumstances where I want to be thinking about what I need to gather to make six bullets (I also don't like ammo crafting in Rise of the Tomb Raider, though traps and improvised weapons are fine).

If Halo 6 has some mechanic where you can pull materials from corpses to give your weapon some elemental boost, a pretty innocuous form of that crafting system, I'd be pissed.

DF has some very interesting insights into Xbox 360 titles which now have XB1 and XB1X enhancements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkj0jE8IaQQ

Now I really want to play Gears of War 3 at 9 times the original pixel count.

• Options
    You’re welcome, my friend! I do recommend trying sonic and atmos instead of the a50 mixing.

Atmos downloaded last night. I tried Sonic before I went to bed and it was pretty great.

Excited to try Atmos this morning.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Decembers GwG. not what i'd call a Merry Christmas to be honest.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Those are... certainly... games. Kind of.

Marlow Briggs is better than it has any right to be, but still... man.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Marlow Briggs! I think I own that already. Is it going to be BC? Maybe I'll finally play it.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Stop producing Kinects.

Add a game that requires Kinect to Games With Gold.

Huh?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwZTgX4Pzxw

So there's 1 and a half good games next month, woo

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Marlow Briggs! I think I own that already. Is it going to be BC? Maybe I'll finally play it.

if they're giving it away, then yeah it will be. they announced a while back that all 360 GwG would be back compatible.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Vermintide is pretty cool. BttF is weirdly one of the only TellTale games I don't like. I think it's partly because the first time I ever tried to play it I got a really bad migraine. Not really the game's fault, but it has that association now :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Vermintide is something I'm interested in. But then again I'm a sucker for Warhammer stuff. Wish it was WH40K but I'll take what I can get.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Vermintide is something I'm interested in. But then again I'm a sucker for Warhammer stuff. Wish it was WH40K but I'll take what I can get.

Make sure you play it with other people. Unlike Left 4 Dead, the AI of NPCs sucks.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    So I jumped to a random point in that let's play... and... "Marlo Briggs gonna give it to ya"

The cringe! oh... the cringe.

edit: one of the guys said it, not the game.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I think I remember the people in the Steam thread loving the campiness of Marlo Biggs

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Stop producing Kinects.

Add a game that requires Kinect to Games With Gold.

Huh?

Doesn't Child of Eden have a controller mode?

Also, 360 Kinect titles don't work with the One Kinect anyway.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Vermintide is definitely fun. They're right about the AI, though. It kind of sucks. It's not horrible, but then again, I was cursing L4D AI all over the place, so it's not exactly shocking. I definitely recommend playing Vermintide when it comes out on GWG. Totally worth checking out.

Child of Eden is kind of a fun game. It was better with Kinect, but still playable without it.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Marlow Briggs is way more fun and effort than a game of that budget and execution has any right to be

the best kind of dumb

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So the Wi-Fi seems to have crapped out on my Xbox One X already.

Hadn't played for a few days and went to watch a movie today. Couldn't play the bluray without downloading the app for it but it can't connect to the internet to get to the store. Went to test the network connection and it says my network isn't set up. Tried to put in the SSID for my router, wouldn't connect. Tried to refresh the list, no available WiFi connections show up at all.

I had not changed any settings on the router or console and every other device connects fine.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I would have thought with December and Christmas and gift season they would put some bigger name games up for GWG.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »

Hadn't played for a few days and went to watch a movie today. Couldn't play the bluray without downloading the app for it but it can't connect to the internet to get to the store. Went to test the network connection and it says my network isn't set up. Tried to put in the SSID for my router, wouldn't connect. Tried to refresh the list, no available WiFi connections show up at all.

I had not changed any settings on the router or console and every other device connects fine.

You already did a full restart?

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

I'm assuming you've tried this, but just so it's said, have you tried power cycling the router and doing a hard reboot of the console (turning it off, unplugging it so it fully powers down, and then plugging it back in and turning it on)? For some reason normal ones need a hard reboot once in a while, makes sense the X would be the same way.

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »

Console or router? I'll try it later. Watching the movie on my PS3 instead right now.

If I can't figure it out this weekend I'll be calling Microsoft on Monday.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Mulletude wrote: »

Console or router? I'll try it later. Watching the movie on my PS3 instead right now.

If I can't figure it out this weekend I'll be calling Microsoft on Monday.

My Xb1 wifi issues have always been solved by doing that unplug restart on the console. Annoying but should solve it.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I just gave up and left it hardwired , not always an option but I really recommend it. Almost never have any trouble internet wise.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I had a great time playing Vermintide for many hours, although at some point it gets a bit grindy. Good selection for gold.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I just gave up and left it hardwired , not always an option but I really recommend it. Almost never have any trouble internet wise.

Barring that, I have had good results using a powerline adapter for my 2nd one.

Mulletude on
This discussion has been closed.