Options

G&T Secret Santa 2017: Assignments now! Do the thing!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    This whole puzzle reminds me a lot of the game Lifeline... https://bigfishgames.com/daily/3mingames/lifeline/games

This seems neat!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    hey question for all of you stalking various peoples, someone must know something.

My GF really wants a game we can play together on the same couch/screen/game/system. I have a PS4. So far I'm feeling like my best option for PS4 co-op is "fuck it, buy a switch."

There has to be things though right? something exists, I just don't know what.

She was not a game person at all until we lived together, but since then has really gone deep in some of the PS+ indie titles. She just beat fez, stories, tales from the borderlands, is playing through life is strange, and has put some time into most of the free games each month except ones that are scary/horror genres- she doesn't do horror.

I feel like she'd be generally open to most things we could play together though.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Lovers in a dangerous spacetime
    N++
    Guacamelee
    Chariot
    Alienation
    Rocket league
    Nom nom galaxy
    Shovel night
    Super motherload
    Child of light
    Borderlands
    How to survive
    Don't starve together

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Get a Switch and Snipperclips.
    And MK8, Fast RMX racing, ARMS, Rocket League, Shovel Knight, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Odyssesy, Blaster Master Zero, 1-2 Switch, and Overcooked.

So yeah, get a Switch.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    hey question for all of you stalking various peoples, someone must know something.

My GF really wants a game we can play together on the same couch/screen/game/system. I have a PS4. So far I'm feeling like my best option for PS4 co-op is "fuck it, buy a switch."

She was not a game person at all until we lived together, but since then has really gone deep in some of the PS+ indie titles. She just beat fez, stories, tales from the borderlands, is playing through life is strange, and has put some time into most of the free games each month except ones that are scary/horror genres- she doesn't do horror.

I feel like she'd be generally open to most things we could play together though.

Diablo 3 is a surprisingly good console and same screen game. Stuffed full of content too.

Also gah, this is the first year of missing Secret Santa since I joined the forums and I totally wish I signed up! Ah well, next year's santee will get an extra helping of cheer to make up for it.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime is probably the #1 answer. Just a fantastic game.
    Otherwise, sadly, I'm bad at PS4 because I don't have one.

Diablo 3 is a surprisingly good console and same screen game. Stuffed full of content too.

Also gah, this is the first year of missing Secret Santa since I joined the forums and I totally wish I signed up! Ah well, next year's santee will get an extra helping of cheer to make up for it.
    You were very fun to Santa for last year. Sorry, man. :(

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

Stuff my wife and I play or have played together on PS4:
    Borderlands Handsome Collection
    Broforce
    Diablo III
    Gauntlet
    Guacamelee
    Helldivers
    Jamestown+
    LEGO <whatever> (we're working through Harry Potter Years 5-7 currently)
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance / M:UA 2
    Overcooked
    Rayman Legends
    Tiny Brains

The only one that I can't really recommend is Tiny Brains. The concept was good, but some of the puzzles felt like the answer was "flail around and hope." Also, Overcooked is a damn masterpiece and more people need to love it. It's a travesty that it doesn't have a platinum to go along with all that stress.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the PS4???

urahonky on
  • Options
    Santa: I bought prey and new Wolfenstein. Sorry.

• Options

Argh! Dammit!
    I'm not your Santa, but figured I'd speak in their place.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017

Also, cel damage.

theoriginalz on
    Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Options

Secret Santa is always rough when Black Friday stuff comes out... I also bought Wolfie 2.. haha

• Options
    Oh also Santa I'm the_road_virus on PSN if you wanted to peek at my wishlist

• Options
    There's a psn wishlist?

• Options
    mbmvign9jsdu.gif

When UPS says the package is delivered and you're constantly updating the thread for new posts.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    There's a psn wishlist?

Yup! Not sure how you access someone else's wishlist but one def exists.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Giftget.gif

WHOAH... WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH.

Y'all, I already BEEN gifted, but it happened AGAIN and it happened with EXCESS.

Look at this list that just exploded my inbox:
    • Empire: Total War
    • Total War: Shogun 2
    • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
    • The TALOS Principle
    • DOOM Classic Complete
    • DiRT Rally
    • The Witness
    • Pyre (!!!)
    • Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
    • Rakuen
    • Oxenfree

Like, what just happened, my Santa decided that I needed to be Jollier?!? Okay, mission accomplished, very jolly indeed!

Thanks a bajillion Santa!

• Options
    There are more than enough legit awesome games in that list. Geez.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Santa I'm looking at my wishlist and I'm trying verrrry hard not to jump at things. But I'm only human.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Santa, I bought a PS4 pro today just so you know. Also bought the Nathan Drake collection, last of us, horizon, and the Playstation now or whatever it's called. And a bunch of Bourbon County. Just so you are aware.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Picked up Dropmix today, so I guess fair warning for Santa? And Series 1 pack and a (random) playlist pack from GameStop to get the Transformers promo card.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    I had no idea what that is. Looks like a lot of fun though. Let us know how it plays!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    And now, with Black Friday mostly behind us, the Christmas Season can begin in earnest. Let loose the mistletoe! Unleash the holly jolly!

Also, stuff for my Santee is happening and I am excited. This is ... like, the ridiculously fun part.

• Options
    67cqw0d5bvar.gif

Me waiting for everyone to check their front door!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ok. so i bought myself my only things until santa time. It was several magic cards, persona 5, and another year of ps+

do with me as you will

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Mine should be out for delivery tomorrow if the usps estimate was true. Super excited!

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Saw this last night with this kids and thought it was appropriate.

https://youtu.be/ZPblZa10_Pk

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I've bough nothing with the exception of Battle Chef Brigade for the Switch, which may be one of the best games ever made.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Giftget.gif

I came home after some Korean BBQ, and found an Amazon box at my door.
    Wondering which of the 6 things I ordered yesterday for my holiday shopping, I discreetly, lest it's a gift for my GF who might see it, opened it to find....
    A special edition The Name of the Wind!
    IMG_20171125_132722.jpg

It's got red pages, and pictures and stuff!
    IMG_20171125_133036.jpg

I have not heard of this book, but it looks awesome. Also Lin-Manuel Miranda liked it, so it must be good.

Also, Riddler Santa told me to send them the code on the packaging label and "we will begin round 2."

Thank you so far, mysterious Santa! You've kept me plenty occupied so far :)

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Oh Santeeeee... come out and plaaaay...

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I've only listened to the audiobook versions of the Kingkiller books, but that Name of the Wind is gorgeous.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Dearest holiday devil,

I have been out and about visiting family and should be returning home this evening. If a thing has arrived, fret not! I have not forgotten to acknowledge it. I just uh don't know it exists!

So yeah if a thing is inbound I guess lemme know so I can check with neighbors or whatever. That goes for whenever. We never had a package stolen before but I'm a worrier.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    Santa, I bought a PS4 pro today just so you know. Also bought the Nathan Drake collection, last of us, horizon, and the Playstation now or whatever it's called. And a bunch of Bourbon County. Just so you are aware.

I'm assuming that's either a liquor or you bought a lot of land.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Dear Santee, I hope you dont think I have forgotten about you...
    Word on the street is you are into Destiny, well being a PC only (for now) guy I have been missing out until recently.
    I decided to make a stained glass ghost sun catcher check out the link to the WIP pics below.
    https://imgur.com/a/SUZk6

Rough fit sneak peak for folks to lazy to click the link.
    wrJo8dQ.jpg?2
    If all goes well it should be shipped out in the next two weeks ^_^ I have some other fun surprises to throw in as well!

That's awesome!
    Doing stained glass is something I want to get into (but need to finish getting into all the other hobbies I've been into)! I've been working on something similarly themed: linky

Yours is turning out SOO GOOD! I am super jelly of whom ever is getting that!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »
    Giftget.gif

I came home after some Korean BBQ, and found an Amazon box at my door.
    Wondering which of the 6 things I ordered yesterday for my holiday shopping, I discreetly, lest it's a gift for my GF who might see it, opened it to find....
    IMG_20171125_132722.jpg

It's got red pages, and pictures and stuff!
    IMG_20171125_133036.jpg

I have not heard of this book, but it looks awesome. Also Lin-Manuel Miranda liked it, so it must be good.

Also, Riddler Santa told me to send them the code on the packaging label and "we will begin round 2."

Don't read the book, you'll get hooked on the series then disapointed as the new book still hasn't come out after GRR Martin number of years.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Except it's still amazing. Now I need to go listen to it again. I've avoided the second book though until I hear a release date for the third.

Poor Pat's been hounded, he kinda went off script for a bit during a pax panel.
    Edit: https://youtu.be/0pQk7fjawa4
    Skip (or don't, I'm not your father) to 30min in.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Shit, while I think of it because I meant to post this forever ago:
    Saga tends to be a common gift around these parts. Santa, I'm well aware of how good Saga is and have both the hardcover collections so far. Please don't buy me Saga stuff. :P

• Options
    minirhyder wrote: »
    Giftget.gif
    IMG_20171125_132722.jpg

SO COOL!

• Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    Name of the Wind is such a great read. The way he manages to keep you locked into characters really is something special.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I picked that book up recently, realized around 11pm a few days later that I had only pages left, and stopped reading to go order book two off Amazon. Also, The Slow Regard of Silent Things, which I haven't started reading yet.