Options

Get 2018 [chat]ted off right

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I mean you can also buy Facerig on steam and get a similar effect, plus you can use it on Skype and freak out your friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV-bs5r1qpg

The issue is that this is nowhere near as good.

Doesn't seem all that different, especially since it's a fun novelty anyway and not a substantial feature. Oh, and I can use Facerig on lots of non-apple stuff. I mean of course they are used for different things but it isn't like Apple's tech is some groundbreaking amazing new face tracking shit. It's good, but lots of other people are doing similar stuff. Snapchat has tons of filters and getting someone to explain the difference between those and this is probably pretty difficult for the average user! edit: Actually it doesn't look any different than the rooster on the last page. And the cat has way more detail too!
    This "Average User" fella seems pretty dumb. I feel like they need to go to school for a few more years or read more books or something...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Huh it's the 200th anniversary of Frankenstein. That's a long time

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I mean you can also buy Facerig on steam and get a similar effect, plus you can use it on Skype and freak out your friends.

Doesn't seem all that different, especially since it's a fun novelty anyway and not a substantial feature. Oh, and I can use Facerig on lots of non-apple stuff. I mean of course they are used for different things but it isn't like Apple's tech is some groundbreaking amazing new face tracking shit. It's good, but lots of other people are doing similar stuff. Snapchat has tons of filters and getting someone to explain the difference between those and this is probably pretty difficult for the average user!

Apple’s uses a bunch of specialty hardware (3D dot projector and IR camera) that gives it faster update rate and a higher confidence for single frames, so you can get natural performance presence, instead of kind of a death mask / stroke victim looking performance that smooths out the tracking over too much time, and only has about 8 degrees of freedom.

Edit: Which is to say Apple’s IS novel and unique for a consumer technology. It’s only a half step below professional mocap.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Facerig doesn't seem nearly as cute as animoji, imo

Sure, not as cartoony and whatnot. Facerig seems to let you add in your own stuff though

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    eYvIuXE.png

• Options

Doesn't seem all that different, especially since it's a fun novelty anyway and not a substantial feature. Oh, and I can use Facerig on lots of non-apple stuff. I mean of course they are used for different things but it isn't like Apple's tech is some groundbreaking amazing new face tracking shit. It's good, but lots of other people are doing similar stuff. Snapchat has tons of filters and getting someone to explain the difference between those and this is probably pretty difficult for the average user!

Apple’s uses a bunch of specialty hardware (3D dot projector and IR camera) that gives it faster update rate and a higher confidence for single frames, so you can get natural performance presence, instead of kind of a death mask / stroke victim looking performance that smooths out the tracking over too much time, and only has about 8 degrees of freedom.

That Dark Knight trailer looks exactly the same as the cat in the giantbomb video to me.

I'm not saying it isn't neat, just that it isn't the only reason anyone should have spent an extra several hundred dollars on their phone.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    eYvIuXE.png

Has anyone deserved a drink as much as these two

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I was troubleshooting an e-mail problem a customer had and I wanted to do some testing on my phone. The Pixel 2 has GMail built in, but no e-mail app, so I downloaded Outlook for Android.

OH MY GOD it is useless for troubleshooting.

I was able to set up the account automatically, but I couldn't access ANY server settings for testing. Or even to make sure it's using the right servers.

If I tried to set up the account manually, it offered no options for port or security settings, so the outgoing settings couldn't complete. To make matters worse, every time the setup failed, it cleared ALL the information so I had to put incoming and outgoing information in every time before I realized it was never going to work.

Android integration for exchange blows.

I just use the Gmail app?

I've never really had trouble adding exchange accounts, at least O365 ones

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    That's why you don't usually operate on your own brain tumors. It takes a lot out of you.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Doesn't seem all that different, especially since it's a fun novelty anyway and not a substantial feature. Oh, and I can use Facerig on lots of non-apple stuff. I mean of course they are used for different things but it isn't like Apple's tech is some groundbreaking amazing new face tracking shit. It's good, but lots of other people are doing similar stuff. Snapchat has tons of filters and getting someone to explain the difference between those and this is probably pretty difficult for the average user! edit: Actually it doesn't look any different than the rooster on the last page. And the cat has way more detail too!
    This "Average User" fella seems pretty dumb. I feel like they need to go to school for a few more years or read more books or something...

Well we asked the schools but they all said that kids are on computers too much anyway and so they've cancelled all the classes.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

That Dark Knight trailer looks exactly the same as the cat in the giantbomb video to me.

I'm not saying it isn't neat, just that it isn't the only reason anyone should have spent an extra several hundred dollars on their phone.

Oh look I make no claims about value, I’m just saying, the tech is genuinely special.

• Options
    32 hours of brain surgery must be equal to 32 hours of playing Super Monkey Ball.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I was troubleshooting an e-mail problem a customer had and I wanted to do some testing on my phone. The Pixel 2 has GMail built in, but no e-mail app, so I downloaded Outlook for Android.

I was able to set up the account automatically, but I couldn't access ANY server settings for testing. Or even to make sure it's using the right servers.

If I tried to set up the account manually, it offered no options for port or security settings, so the outgoing settings couldn't complete. To make matters worse, every time the setup failed, it cleared ALL the information so I had to put incoming and outgoing information in every time before I realized it was never going to work.

Well in terms of the auto detect/custom settings options that nova was talking about. The Apple mail app is way better which is why we use iPhones for the 1200 employees here that get them.

Android integration with gmail is great though. Love me that Inbox app.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    In my mind you're all animus.

Some guy who probably watched almost no Japanese media just said baka.

I won. My mission. Complete.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

I specifically wanted to test outgoing using our server. When I was in the add other account in GMail, it only allowed options for incoming?

Or does the app allow you to send via other addresses?

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    So animoji are used to make YouTube clips?

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    eYvIuXE.png

yesterday i did 15 minutes of actual work before taking a break

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

omedetou

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Ack...their backs. Their feet. Standing and probably haunched over for 32 hrs? Hell

• Options

I specifically wanted to test outgoing using our server. When I was in the add other account in GMail, it only allowed options for incoming?

Or does the app allow you to send via other addresses?

you add another mail account on the android settings level

then you just switch accounts in gmail app or whatever mail app you're using

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    eYvIuXE.png

yesterday i did 15 minutes of actual work before taking a break

I just went downstairs and took a 30 minutes nap in my car

• Options
    oh I guess that's still inside of the gmail app

but it connects to exchange for sure and lets you send and stuff

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Me: Here is the draft of my proposal, which I want to present at the end of this month and need to get to my committee two weeks before presentation, or else graduation is delayed by maybe 6 months.

Advisor: Wait let's look at your other data from the part of your proposal that I want you to do that is unrelated to the rest except tenuously.

Advisor: Yes you need this, I will look at your revisions after you add in all the preliminary data for the second project.

Me: :rotate: I don't think I can do this this month, so fuck me I guess

• Options
    can...

can you tell your advisor to suck a fuck

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Me: Here is the draft of my proposal, which I want to present at the end of this month and need to get to my committee two weeks before presentation, or else graduation is delayed by maybe 6 months.

Advisor: Wait let's look at your other data from the part of your proposal that I want you to do that is unrelated to the rest except tenuously.

Advisor: Yes you need this, I will look at your revisions after you add in all the preliminary data for the second project.

Rekt :L

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Quick, how do I shrink a phone camera pic jpeg

• Options
    Kruite wrote: »

Resize it in Paint?

• Options

open in Preview (mac) or Paint (windows); go to Image Size; reduce by appropriate %; save.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

imgur app + some things i still don't understand how to do properly

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular

Your advisor seems like a silly goose, Shiv. Hope things start to go your way. :bro:

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Oh, okay, you CAN add other outgoing servers in the GMail app.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

listen, just because i'm a sophisticated urbanite now doesn't mean i don't remember watching kenshin rips (with subs) on unlabeled CDs i got from my cousin

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular

i got an app called resizer for free that i use to shrink photos i take on my phone before i post them in chat so that SiG doesn't get furious and ban me

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Oh, okay, you CAN add other outgoing servers in the GMail app.

Its a pain though right? I like that Apple breaks it all into separate connections in a clean way.

• Options

D:

are you sure it's non-negotiable?
    Do you still have to collect the preliminary data or does it exist but un-analyzed?

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I have no idea where my 3DS is
    That’s the trouble with the 3DS

It could be anywhere in three dimensional space!

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

There’s a free iOS app called “Image Size” that lets you resize and crop photos to exact pixel dimensions, then you can upload to the forums directly using vanilla’s image attachment feature.

• Options
    Okay but can you configure my 2.5gig pst file to use pop3 on my blackberry?

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    oh what's that you say

[chat]'s talking about a thing that's relevant to one of my secretly favorite youtube videos?

DON'T MIND IF I DO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxIol5wTFns

vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.