Options

I'll just [chat] this if I have to

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    I should be watching AGDQ. Instead, I'm at work.

Maybe if I burn it all down...

did it just start? I didn't know this was happening ohnoooooooo

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Kana or cred have you listened to Jam the couple of times i posted it

I don't think so; will listen if you repost.

credeiki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoySmwO7QHg

@Orphane O yeah I did watch that one when you posted it before, but didn't remember the title at all. I don't particularly like it--I don't like breathy female voices.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    shryke wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    watching the globes... I want Ewan to make another obi wan film because the casting was fucking brilliant, just the direction and script was bad.

Ewan McGregor needs some special Oscar for "Best attempt to single-handedly redeem a terrible movie through sheer force of acting alone".

Portman is looking bored as usual. Christensen is trying his best to learn how one does this job. And McGregor is just all "I gotta run all these motherfuckers myself?"

Portman is a great actress in a project sold to her properly.

I put her wooden performance at Lucas' feet.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Shark, did you see my playoff sig? I'm all oiled-up for when the Titans beat the Patriots by a couple of TDs.

Are the titans just bedazzled low rent Romans?

Low rent?

lCUYYRR.jpg

These muscles get you an apartment in Manhattan. Compare and contrast.

pat_patriot_mascott_2011.jpg?itok=ch6LtEus

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I did really like that rap video @kana posted; ran the lyrics through google translate and I do not really get it, but visually and aurally it was really great.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Hey, anyone have recommendations about finding tires?

Like, assuming you hit a sale at CostCo and they're like, identifiable name brand tires (e.g. Goodyear, Michelin, BF whatever, Bridgestone, etc) and they are the appropriate size, it's just a matter of electing for allseason or winter and various milage ratings before they should be replaced, yeah?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

It started this morning, I think.

I'm, like, 3 or 4 marathons behind. I used to do nothing but watch them as much as possible when they were on, now I can hardly find the time. I dunno if I want to watch as much as I used to but I do miss it.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

credeiki

Orphane O yeah I did watch that one when you posted it before, but didn't remember the title at all. I don't particularly like it--I don't like breathy female voices.

395605794185412608.png

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

It started at noon today, so you've not missed anything too important yet, probably!

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Hey, anyone have recommendations about finding tires?

Like, assuming you hit a sale at CostCo and they're like, identifiable name brand tires (e.g. Goodyear, Michelin, BF whatever, Bridgestone, etc) and they are the appropriate size, it's just a matter of electing for allseason or winter and various milage ratings before they should be replaced, yeah?

Go online first to get a good idea for what the prices could be. Also, go in before you need new ones, and ask for a print out of the quote so you can go over the fees and 'extras' they might tag onto the bill.

There's also an option of buying tires and having them shipped to you and taking them to a tire shop just for install. This is a bit labor intensive for you, and the possible extra savings might not be worth the extra foot work.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I looked her right in her ocular stems

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    watching the globes... I want Ewan to make another obi wan film because the casting was fucking brilliant, just the direction and script was bad.

Ewan McGregor needs some special Oscar for "Best attempt to single-handedly redeem a terrible movie through sheer force of acting alone".

Portman is looking bored as usual. Christensen is trying his best to learn how one does this job. And McGregor is just all "I gotta run all these motherfuckers myself?"

Oh she can act. She's just really bad for not being able to hide how bored she is with some roles.

Whereas Ewan is over there trying to turn shit into gold by charismaing at it hard enough.

• Options
    Was Trainspotting 2 good?

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    @elki ok I turned sigs on just for you

noice

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    today I described some scotches as tasting like 'tongue-fucking a swamp' and I was very proud of myself

"Evil Multifarious"

*kisses fingers*

magnificent

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

@credeiki

I always find IU really interesting, her songs are often kind of unapologetically autobiographical in a way that kpop usually tends to avoid.

Like she's been an idol ever since she was frickin' 15 years old, and now she's still one of the most popular female celebrities in South Korea. So she talks fairly openly about how hard it's been for her to have a personal life, and the way that's shaped her and her music. She's ridiculously talented

https://youtu.be/dQZtTlH4iUQ

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    my FIL just sent me this text

"Have any of you heard what Cleveland Browns fans call their stadium??

The Factory of Sadness ---frickin' wild!!"

and I'm just staring at it like

what do I do with this

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Tell him that's actually the nickname for the city not just the stadium.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Trainspotting 2: The Legend of Curly's Gold
    Trainspotting 2: The Squeakquel
    Trainspotting: Back 2 tha Hood
    Trainspotting 2: Cruise Control
    I Still Know What You Did Last Trainspotting
    Trainspotting 2: Back in the Habit
    2 Train 2 Spotting
    Trainspotting 2: The Quickening
    Trainspotting 2: Money Never Sleeps

Gim on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Someone tell @spool32 to watch this Batman: Arkham Asylum run on AGDQ. This guy does pretty much nothing but uptalk.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Someone tell @spool32 to watch this Batman: Arkham Asylum run on AGDQ. This guy does pretty much nothing but uptalk?

• Options
    What's up talk

• Options
    @tyrannus I gave @porp slime time today

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

Oh she can act. She's just really bad for not being able to hide how bored she is with some roles.

Whereas Ewan is over there trying to turn shit into gold by charismaing at it hard enough.

On the other hand Ewan gets to be an action lead type of dude and there's a lot of room to be charming there

His lines may be a bit clunky, but you still get to swagger a little and have fun

Princess Amidala is like... She's the girlfriend. She dies of a broken heart offscreen. Where's the swagger to have fun with it that character? Where's the... anything?

Like if you switched their parts, so that Natalie Portman got to be the adventure star, I rather doubt Ewan McGregor is somehow saving his new part.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    hey narwhal sorry about your bills

I don't even give a shit man they were in the playoffs how cool was that?!

And we didn't get embarrassed, at least

Nobody scored, then they finally scored once, then Tyrod got knocked unconscious, and Peterman Petermanned (although that pick was not his fault, you gotta close on the ball receivers!). A fairly Bills-like Bills game, all things considered.

Only a few razors in the cake this year. Not bad. :)

ah I only saw the score, I didn't realize tyrod got knocked out

that's rough. two teams that lost key players in close games already (chiefs lost Kelce yesterday in the first half I believe)

He didn't get knocked out 'til the last couple minutes, but Peterman just immediately came in a through a pick, it was amazing :P

The Chiefs losing Kelce legit crippled them, it was like they had no game plan without him.

But yeah, it's all good. SpaceX had a successful launch, a day of watching football is still a day of watching football, and I already mentioned the girl sleeping in my bed :D

Um...he didn't just come in and throw a pick. He started putting together an exciting drive then threw a pick. I am sure dozens of Bills fans had their hearts broken.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    wh

what's slime time

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    my FIL just sent me this text

"Have any of you heard what Cleveland Browns fans call their stadium??

The Factory of Sadness ---frickin' wild!!"

and I'm just staring at it like

what do I do with this

Tell him about the time Cleveland had a massive balloon release and managed to kill someone with it.

• Options
    Any time can be slime time if you're brave enough

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    hahahahaha yessssssss!

• Options
    Portman had some action parts in Attack of the Clones, right? When she was wearing that white outfit with the disintegrating midriff.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    korean counting makes enough basic sense that given the words for 1-10, 100, 1000, and so on, you can just synthesize the numbers roman-style

It sickens me that "twenty" is not just "two-ten"

where do the commas fall in large korean numbers?

This is an important question.

it's the same as the American system

I think it's only like, the euros who do otherwise?

Japanese, as a language, does a split every four numbers since they go hundred, thousand, ten thousand, then it's ten ten thousand, hundred ten thousand, etc

it, of course, sounds bad in English, but it makes sense in its context; and in any case, when it's written down in Arabic numerals it'll have a comma every three since that's the dark nature of cultural imperialism

• Options
    edited January 2018
    https://youtu.be/FaLTWW_yEG4

Bill Burr talking about how to handle a home invasion.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    also friends my supervisors replied to my check-in email and said that I'm good to go to submit next week

its-happening.gif

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    chinese goes 10, pronounced shi with a 2nd tone, 100, pronounced bai with a 3rd, 1000, then 10,000, pronounced wan with a 4th tone

a million is yi bai wan - 100 10,000s

395387290643464222.png

Orphane on
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    hey narwhal sorry about your bills

I don't even give a shit man they were in the playoffs how cool was that?!

And we didn't get embarrassed, at least

Nobody scored, then they finally scored once, then Tyrod got knocked unconscious, and Peterman Petermanned (although that pick was not his fault, you gotta close on the ball receivers!). A fairly Bills-like Bills game, all things considered.

Only a few razors in the cake this year. Not bad. :)

ah I only saw the score, I didn't realize tyrod got knocked out

that's rough. two teams that lost key players in close games already (chiefs lost Kelce yesterday in the first half I believe)

He didn't get knocked out 'til the last couple minutes, but Peterman just immediately came in a through a pick, it was amazing :P

The Chiefs losing Kelce legit crippled them, it was like they had no game plan without him.

But yeah, it's all good. SpaceX had a successful launch, a day of watching football is still a day of watching football, and I already mentioned the girl sleeping in my bed :D

Um...he didn't just come in and throw a pick. He started putting together an exciting drive then threw a pick. I am sure dozens of Bills fans had their hearts broken.

I mean, sure, and I WAS watching the game

And it was exciting - we legitimately had a shot at maybe forcing overtime!

But then he threw the pick and I was like "Yeah, that makes sense."

• Options
    listen all numbers are invented by humans anyway so it's all dumb and arbitrary, he says, quite Neil DeGrasse Tyson-ly

• Options
    My mom: "This cold is kicking my ass, I've barely managed to get out of bed today."

Also my mom: "I think I'll paint my living room tomorrow."

Mom

Mom pls

Pls

• Options
    Calculus 3 is essentially Calculus 3D. Crazy stuff.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    A friend of mine is in the hospital from an attempted suicide. The doctor says she will recover without any permanent damage, but she is going to be with a neck brace for over a month and observation for spinal stress for an undefined time.

A friend of hers who she usually hangs out with just left for a month for a work opportunity without much in the way of outside communication, and I suspect this is a result of not having somebody around like that to distract her from these thoughts. I want to fill in this role as distraction for the month. Gotta become a sort of living tumblr. Which I'm bad at and isn't a part of the internet I frequent. I have no idea what I'm doing here but it needs to be done.

VRXwDW7.png
This discussion has been closed.