Options

Secret Satans 2017 - Complete! See you next year!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Saga is SO good

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    My mystery package got processed in Edmonton at about 6 PM! I should be getting it Monday if everything goes smoothly? Who knows though, the post is still hella slow.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    The best part of that is the ironic Priority Mail sticker.

@fightinfilipino

So glad you like the stuff. Gambled on whether you had saga yet. Also the 10th anniversary edition of name of the wind is so cool! Art, appendix, maps wheeee

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    The Chains

There is another update down. As usual, let me know if I borked any of it.

Goose! on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Pretty sure tynic got BlakeT

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/38850963/#Comment_38850963

...and his little dog, too.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    was Iolo my secret satan? I didn't even see him in the signups?

if so, excellent =)

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Sandra is Lost Salient.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I COMPLETELY MISREAD THAT.

I was wrong. Stone of Shame.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Oh, no, Iolo isn't in signups. Fixing.

EDIT: Also, no worries, I appreciate that folks do try to help :+1:

Goose! on
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »
    I COMPLETELY MISREAD THAT.

I was wrong. Stone of Shame.

to be fair getting the line "and his little dog too" in there makes up for the name mix up.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    7 January 2018, 2131 CST
    Chicago, Illinois, United States of America

For the past two weeks I have been spending day and night working closely with the researchers at Detection, Verification, and Identification Laboratories attempting to analyze the origins of the previous parcels, along with the coded message contained within. While we've had no luck decoding the exact nature of this mystery, we had received no further deliveries to the safehouse.

That is, until yesterday.

C7kM7Hw.jpg?1

A package was delivered containing two eight ounce packages of coffee by a slightly less than anonymous sender. The techs were able to quickly track back the point of origin for the shipment, but it didn't match with any of our conjectures on the subject so far. This could only mean one thing - our location had been released to a third party. We would need to move our options immediately, and resume research elsewhere if we wanted to avoid any danger.

IdnRQFg.jpg?1

Although, on the other hand, there is something to be said for staying put.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Oh man sorry Satanee, it has been a hassle trying to get everything ordered and shipped and where I want it to be. If all goes well, you should get the first part of your gift before the end of next week.

Serves me right for leaving things late.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    OH SHIT

SATAN INCOMING

The Living Vampire, Michael Morbius, always on the hunt for fresh plasma to feast on, checks the contents of the boxes.
    1nhmgxuhcm2b.jpg
    Inside are four packages, labelled in order.
    w2b2wzltd5xn.jpg
    Compelled to count accurately due to his vampiric nature, Michael Morbius descends upon the first package to feast!
    yq0hdqtsabml.jpg
    A KNOCKOUT BLOW! With Morbius unable to continue due to the power of Shaq, my cat, Rinzler, takes over the remainder of the opening duties.
    zz80ohidx9oj.jpg
    A couple of totally rad miniatures, and holy fuck $100 bucks for Amazon.

Thank you so much, @Kadith !!!

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    @Goose! You can link 2 pieces of your chain, as I was the mystery person that sent @Romanian My Escutcheon the movie (and there should have been another movie that might have also arrived?). He has also indicated that he received the ten pound package that was foretold.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    @Goose! You can link 2 pieces of your chain, as I was the mystery person that sent @Romanian My Escutcheon the movie (and there should have been another movie that might have also arrived?). He has also indicated that he received the ten pound package that was foretold.

I did receive another movie! Work kicked my ass this weekend, but I'm off tomorrow and will have pictures for showing and telling!!!

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    @Goose!
    You can replace the 2 link in my entry which currently goes to one my posts lamenting Fedex's incompetence at delivering item #3 with this
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/38721311/#Comment_38721311

Which is the real #2.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    hold on a sec.

SHAQ FU WAS MA-13? WHAT THE WHAT?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    hold on a sec.

SHAQ FU WAS MA-13? WHAT THE WHAT?

Come and get yours.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I missed the part where everyone was getting the SNES version but that comes with a RAP CD SINGLE

so I think it works out.

Still mad at that one amazon seller for not delivering on their order though.

glad customs did not think I was smuggling drugs or embezzling money

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    My Satan still remains a mystery......

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Hey @Straightzi I started reading Mongrels on my way to work today and I'm 100% in. I only finished the first chapter, but I'm super hooked already.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Alright, so now that I no longer have to deal with the existential horror of post-holiday retail for a couple of days, I can take the time to properly appreciate Perrsun's dark works! I invite you to join me in this, a post that properly appreciates the dark works that Perrsun has wrought.

Before we appreciate these dark works, I would like us to appreciate this very good card, which I absolutely enjoyed.
    9jwoFNh.jpg

LOOK AT THIS PRECIOUS LITTLE HARBINGER OF A DARK AND MALEVOLENT GIFT EXCHANGE.

Also; I got another DVD that arrived a few days before the rest of the gifts! And I forgot to post it because reasons. Allow me to rectify this.
    i252kXw.jpg

I have heard about Dungeons & Dragons: The Animated Series, but know very little about it! So now I can fix that. What was it they said in that show? "Knowing is half the battle?" I think that's a line from that cartoon.

Next on this list of Excellent and Also Dark Gifts: SWEETS! Specifically DARK SWEETS! From the MALL OF AMERICA! DARK SWEETS FROM THE MALL OF AMERICA!
    NBCl23N.jpg

Three kinds of fudge! That is more fudge than I normally get to enjoy! I very much look forward to enjoying this fudge.

There were some smaller packages included in this Great and Terrible Haul, but as a great Muppet once said, "Size doesn't really matter when you think about the fact that I am telekinetic and can read your mind as if it were a book." I think that was the quote? I may have paraphrased.
    gukcmOF.jpg

First; the mouse! This is an extremely fortuitous gift, because my old mouse stopped working a while back, and I've been borrowing one from my sister in the intervening period. So, when you stop to think about it, isn't this really a gift for two people? I'll save you the trouble of responding, because yes, yes it is.

As far as the socks go, while I main a Titan in Destiny 2, Cayde is a very good space robot boy, so I am more than happy to rep his brand while out in public. Even if he is a filthy scrub Hunter.

And the dice! They're actually a collection of d4s and d6s, printed onto d12s! I will absolutely use these to scare the shit out of my players, and then blame Perrsun when they inevitably revolt against my cruelty and overthrow me.

The next two boxes that I pulled from the much larger box they came in were allegedly Overwatch themed? And while I usually have shit luck with boxes involving Overwatch loot, Perrsun managed to overcome that significant hurdle.
    OiD3Bx8.jpg

I usually don't go in for Funko Pop figures, but I absolutely love these! Especially the D.Va one, because it has a tiny D.Va that fits inside the larger mech!

You see this, Blizzard? You have had hundreds of tries to make me happy with Overwatch branded loot boxes, and Perrsun managed to kick your ass with two of them. Y'all should be taking notes.

And then I moved on to the largest box among the lot, which proved to hold an extremely practical gift that I expect I'll be using a lot in the coming years.
    BHZqJ2X.jpg

I would've gotten more pictures of the power strip, but it was immediately stripped from the box and put to work. I've been using a 3 outlet plug for an unconscionable amount of electronic devices, and this has saved me a lot of unplugging-and-replugging since being utilized. Also; the USB slots have been much appreciated, because while I'm pretty good at keeping track of my cables, I am less good at keeping track of the charging plugs, and this has helped mitigate the issue immensely.

The next box was not really a box? It was flat like a box, and long like a box, but did not feel like a box? What enigma lay contained within this wrapping riddle?
    pOxOyGP.jpg

A quote:

"HOLY SHIT, YES." - Me, upon opening the package and seeing this inside. January, 2018.

I've seen this bag at so many conventions, and while it's always been on my Buy Later list, it somehow always managed to take second priority among the other expenses that I've had to contend with from month to month. I can't say how much I appreciate finally getting my hands on one, especially considering how much it's helped with organizing my D&D books. This might be the winner of the lot, and considering the quality of all these other gifts, that's saying something.

Finally, I was given strict instructions to open this gift last. The note attached claimed that it was "the game that everybody wanted."

Was it?
    3JomVPk.jpg

HELL YEAH IT WAS

And here's the whole lot, assembled for your viewing pleasure!
    o8NTTdX.jpg

This holiday season was pretty rough; between working retail, dealing with a major family crisis, and having to deal with a myriad of other Christmas related stresses, I can't say how much this package helped lift my spirits.

@Perrsun, I know what the name of the gift exchange is. But you're a saint in my book. Thanks. <3

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I'm on my phone so one of three things is happening here:

Either my phone is freaking out and failing to load the real photos, OR

the last four images accidentally ended up being the same URL, OR

You got four identical connect and protect kits, which is the most hilarious option

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited January 2018

You got four identical connect and protect kits, which is the most hilarious option

GOD DAMN IT

I fixed it, try again.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Now with 75% fewer power strips!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular

well I guess we know what somebody's getting next year

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hey if you haven't sent your stuff out yet

1) Please do so
    2) Please send me a PM

similarly, if anyone HASN'T received a gift or at least a message from your satan, can you please post in this thread and @ me

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    @Brolo
    To my knowledge, Iolo was not my secret satan. If that's the case, I have not received anything.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    @Brolo

Hi!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

I'm glad everything arrived safely! I tried to protect the fudge's integrity as best I could, but it may have gone a bit stale while it waited in transit. If it did, let me know and I'll correct the issue.

I tried to creep on your Destiny profile to figure out which was your main, but where OW stat sites will tell you everything from k/d ratio to how much time your Reinhardt has spent cutting his toenails, the only information I could find on D2 was "Duh... yep! This user plays this game!"

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Don't we have a 2 year streak of nobody getting shafted?

Come on people! Step up your game!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    We've got twenty days left, I have faith.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    We've got twenty days left, I have faith.

you're a regular fred durst about the kindness of strangers, you is

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Perrsun wrote: »

I'm glad everything arrived safely! I tried to protect the fudge's integrity as best I could, but it may have gone a bit stale while it waited in transit. If it did, let me know and I'll correct the issue.

I tried to creep on your Destiny profile to figure out which was your main, but where OW stat sites will tell you everything from k/d ratio to how much time your Reinhardt has spent cutting his toenails, the only information I could find on D2 was "Duh... yep! This user plays this game!"

For the record, that last package had me in stitches for a good five minutes. It was a good bit, you should be proud of it.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    :whistle: New mail! What could it be?

Oh

Oh no

5anop6vhf300.jpg

I bought similarly sized brushes to these 3 weeks ago, but they were much cheaper than these, and I bet these apply paint better. So everything is cool! So now those old ones can be dedicated to glue and primer brushes! Great!

Thank you, @Grobian !

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Oh man I've been coveting those brushes for a long while.

I never practice painting minis enough to justify the cost to myself though!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Satan Strikes... AGAIN!

I went out to check the mail this evening after returning home to find a mysterious package from the far off lands of... Florida. Within it contained handwritten note (which I will not be taking pictures of, I know some people like their handwriting obscured from the prying eyes of the media) and a beautifully wrapped present. I decided to check the wonderful handwritten note first to see if any clues could be found as to who this package was from.
    Yo Nap! This is your second present and I figured what goes with baked goods? MILK! (penquin) I don't know if that's actually in the game, it was just in the trailer. But If you want to know what you were eating, they are as follows:
    • Cinnamon Bars (They were Brown and Cinnamony)
    • Grapefruit & Vanilla Shortbread and exactly one Orange & Vanilla Shortbread (my nephew would only give up the one)
    • Eggnog Kringla (I was disowned for messing with the traditional recipe) (oh no! - Ed)

Anyways hope you enjoyed them and hope you enjoy this gift. ONE MORE TO COME!

Happy January!

Happy January indeed, as my birthday's on the 12th! What serendipity!

9a2wfiz13tyr.png

And within the tightly guarded present was a copy of The Evil Within 2! Thank you Satan! I'm very excited to play this myself as I saw a bit of the game on the Super Best Friends YouTube channel and it seems just top notch. Also the identities of all the wonderful food that came from my previous mysterious parcel! Sadly, they have all since been devoured by myself and what I shared with my friends and family over the most recent holiday festivities. They were all delicious.

If you need any help on getting un-excommunicated from your family over the Eggnog Kringla, please do let me know what I can do to help. Surely, it was only my incurable weakness to Eggnog that lead you down that dark path, mine dear Satan...

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    I had some stupid shit happen in the last two weeks, but I sorted it out enough to get something on it's way that should arrive at the end of this week for my satanee