As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2017 - Complete! See you next year!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    OH WOW!

An unexpected gift arrives:

onIRxHE.jpg

KILL

SIX

BILLION

DEMONS

from the lovely @SagatSatan ! Thank you so much, I've been looking forward to reading it all in one collected volume!

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Apparently I may have been gifted? I've got a package waiting for me when I get home from work!

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    Rayze wrote: »
    The last night of Hanukkah has brought me...

j3rSh0A.jpg

I've been looking for a successor to Witcher 3, and I've heard good things about HZD.

@Ladybug2332, thank you again for the wonderful gifts. It really means the world and I'll try to pay forward the kindness and generosity you've shown me.

I am so glad you had a wonderful Hanukkah and that I was able to be a part of it with you. I had so much fun piecing everything together and seeing your posts. I’m glad you enjoyed them so much!

Sorry this post is late.... @Blackhawk1313 parents brought the gift of a deadly cold to our house and I’ve been in a drug induced coma for a few days.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Sagat Satan did it again.

This time they sent me a pair of Sennheiser earbuds I've had on my wishlist since my last pair of the same model wore out like 5 years ago.
    s-l300.jpg

These are, hands down, the best sounding earbuds I've ever owned.
    I hope Sagat doesn't mind, but I just got a pair of headphones from my Satan so I gave these buds to my wife, whose earbuds just wore out a couple of months ago. She's very grateful!

Thanks again, Sagat! Stop sending me things.

#pipe on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    God damn, Sagat Satan. You're making the rest of us look bad! Although I'm happy that Pipe is overflowing with gifts since I'm broke as shit right now and it doesn't look like I'll be able to do a second wave :(

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Your gift was super generous and very appreciated! No 2nd wave required, seriously.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I love those earbuds. Low profile enough to fall asleep with 'em.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    This has been my busiest imp year ever, and that's pretty cool.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I’m not sure how this post got in this thread

godmode on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hmmmmmm... How did I spend $400 more than my limit on my Amazon card?

I think my gifting is done for the year!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    So.

nH4XPDl.jpg

I can't do a single special move. At all.

skiNI95.jpg

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Thanks to our kind neighbours accepting a package for me I got my final gifts before Christmas!

fowds9ewaf09.jpg

There were two more notes, the rhymes as great as before:
    Your dear old Scratch, he reads a lot,
    Though oft 'tis naught but tripe and rot.
    From that chaff, the two books herin
    Inpressed him so, so please, dig in.

With this expansion of your shelf
    There's one detail I must straighten,
    For now I shall reveal myself:
    Sincerely, Straightzi, your Satan.

I can honestly say that I have never heard of these books, which makes me very excited. I noted in my wishlist post that I hope to get something my Satan likes and @Straightzi delivered.

Thanks a lot for the thoughtful gifts, Straightzi, this has be a great Satanmas for me!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Great, I hope you enjoy them. Mongrels was my favorite book of the past year, and Sarah Vowell is one of my favorite history writers.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Satanic delivery received. Details to follow later! :D

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    After paying for expedited shipping, I'm super pleased my package has been possibly checked into a receiving facility near my Satanee. A day after it was supposed to be on the doorstep. And is just sitting there.

Good. Good good

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hey Satan, just wanted to let you know that I'm at my parents house through Monday. If something is getting delivered between now and then, please let me know and I can ask my neighbor to grab it and hide it in their house for me!

Please and thanks

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    So, it looks like I got something in the mail yesterday.
    a41ymh7qfh0w.jpg

Somebody sent me five pounds of cookies and cookie dough (and some sweet-ass packing bubbles).

343kvzdbwdgc.jpg

Again, I'm not 100% that this is a Secret Satan, but if it isn't, the world is a lot weirder than I thought it was.

3ip27qj0ry8t.jpg

I tried offering some to Rocko. He was not entirely interested. More more me, I guess. A lot more.

Also, I'm sorry, I just realized that the cookies aren't misshapen: They're dicks.

Photos to follow?

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i still don't know who my satan is and it is very upsetting

i need to know who i'm prepping this blood sacrifice for

unrelated: @zonugal come over tomorrow

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Also, thank you to @SagatSatan. I just figured out what the message in the Amazon package meant.

Again: I thought I might have been drunk and typed "Tiger!" into a gift message for myself. Because, you know, tigers!

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    The hardest part of Satan's is seeing that package as delivered but waiting to make sure your giftee got it ok

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Most of these beads are so fine I think I'm going to need thinner needles.

I assume they make thinner needles

Otherwise how do you string them o_O

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Satan’s helper, in the guise of a UPS driver has dropped off 2 packages. I’ve been instructed by our dark lord to not open them until after family gifts have been opened, so details will come later.

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    The dark one has finally revealed themselves to me!

I will finish this post from a computer shortly.

Lo! A dusk angel with burning wings did alight at my door, leaving behind a parcel filled with torment!

iNo07zH.jpg?1

rlbRJ0V.jpg?1

CXuxDOJ.jpg?1

The fudge is quite delicious. (I might request the rocky road recipe, because I don't often like fudge with nuts, but this was my favorite of the lot!)

Enclosed was also a personal note with dark tidings that ultimately revealed my benefactor to be the great @Madican! There was also a URL within the note to a humblebundle gift for a game they claim is their GOTY 2017, but the resulting page says it's a bad code (I've checked it three times - DMing might work better in case there are letter glyphs being clipped improperly in the printout?), so I don't know what game it is yet!

All around, a wonderful gift experience. Madican mentioned in their note that they enjoy crafting a narrative for their satanee to accompany the gifts, and I quite agree both as the recipient and as someone who's tried to do this myself whenever possible - part of the fun of this experience is dialing up the roleplay of it :D

Thank you Madican, and @Brolo and all the imps for organizing this experience! Y'all are the best <3<3<3

Nullzone on
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Okay! Got a pair of boxes yesterday and just had the chance to computer the pictures.
    Also I totally opened the boxes and disgorged them before realizing I did not take the requisite box pictures.
    Therefore, here is the content:
    First!
    Booooooks to help rebuild my classroom library! I cannot put into words how happy I am about the books. It's a great variety and selection, and I know my students will enjoy them. I intend to read a couple of them myself. haha
    lqm3ErT.jpg?1
    Second!
    Cookies!
    ynIrU7P.jpg
    I shared them so I wouldn't eat them all at once. haha. I ate one, and my boyfriend asks, "What kind are they?" and I say, "Delicious," so he ate one and says, "You're right. They are delicious."
    Third!
    Games! Oh man! I have been wanting Yoshi's Woolly World! And my bf and I are always looking for games to play together (or battle each other in haha), so I'm looking forward to trying out some Pokken Tournament, too!
    rwrTm0y.jpg?1
    I broke out the Yoshi last night despite currently being less than 5 hours from the end of Horizon Zero Dawn. I just couldn't resist the adorableness.
    neCAlf0.jpg

@Rayze
    Thank you so much! Everything just hit the spot! :-D

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I will upload pictures later, but I just wanted to come in now and say a huge thank you to my Satan, who gifted me Breath of the Wild and a Zelda themed controller for our new Switch.

I’m very excited to play...once I can wrestle a controller away from my kids who dove right in to Super MARIO Odyssey.

I didn’t see a name at all, so my Satan remains anonymously awesome.

Thank you!

• Options
    Updated with my actual gift! Pinging my satan also so they see it since edits don't ping...thank you again, @Madican!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Glad you enjoyed the fudge! It doesn't seem as though my impromptu packing held up as well as I was hoping so it's good to see it all arrived intact. I will be certain to DM the Humble link as soon as I can get back to my computer in a day or two.

• Options
    No rush at all, you've already done so much! I merely wanted to alert you to the disconnect <3

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The Chains

Here's the updated chains, and we got some bigish ones, now.

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »
    Okay! Got a pair of boxes yesterday and just had the chance to computer the pictures.
    Also I totally opened the boxes and disgorged them before realizing I did not take the requisite box pictures.
    Therefore, here is the content:
    First!
    Booooooks to help rebuild my classroom library! I cannot put into words how happy I am about the books. It's a great variety and selection, and I know my students will enjoy them. I intend to read a couple of them myself. haha
    lqm3ErT.jpg?1
    Second!
    Cookies!
    ynIrU7P.jpg
    I shared them so I wouldn't eat them all at once. haha. I ate one, and my boyfriend asks, "What kind are they?" and I say, "Delicious," so he ate one and says, "You're right. They are delicious."
    Third!
    Games! Oh man! I have been wanting Yoshi's Woolly World! And my bf and I are always looking for games to play together (or battle each other in haha), so I'm looking forward to trying out some Pokken Tournament, too!
    rwrTm0y.jpg?1
    I broke out the Yoshi last night despite currently being less than 5 hours from the end of Horizon Zero Dawn. I just couldn't resist the adorableness.
    neCAlf0.jpg

@Rayze
    Thank you so much! Everything just hit the spot! :-D

I'm glad everything got to you. The guy at the shipping place thought it might arrive on Tuesday and considering I wasn't thrilled with how the cookies came out (too crunchy), I thought they would get stale.

In any case, it's a good reminder to get everything out before the week leading to Christmas.

Edit: Wait, how many boxes did you get? There should be 3.

Rayze on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Apparently I may have been gifted? I've got a package waiting for me when I get home from work!

So the last couple of days have been... a lot. Let's say a lot.

So I haven't had time to post about a mysterious package that may or may not be related to the exchanging of gifts between Internet chums?

Somebody sent me a movie! A movie about gangsters? Is this a threat? Am I being threatened with gangsters? And is one of them Tom Hanks???
    yNWRHHe.jpg

Road to Perdition has been on my must-get list since Mikey Neumann did a retrospective on it! There was no note in the packaging, but I am assuming for the moment that one of you fine folks sent it to me? Am I correct in this assumption?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    I'm glad everything got to you. The guy at the shipping place thought it might arrive on Tuesday and considering I wasn't thrilled with how the cookies came out (too crunchy), I thought they would get stale.

In any case, it's a good reminder to get everything out before the week leading to Christmas.

Two boxes. I thought there might be another forthcoming based on the edit in your note, but since the other two came on saturday, I figured if there was another it wouldn’t get here until tomorrow. (That’s a sentence with weird tenses.) I didn’t want to wait to post in case you were tracking and it said boxes had arrived.

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    This morning I was gifted a game through humble, Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty. I haven't played any of the series in ages, so this should be fun.

Thank you @el_vicio I assume that the books were from you as well. Merry Christmas!

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »

Two boxes. I thought there might be another forthcoming based on the edit in your note, but since the other two came on saturday, I figured if there was another it wouldn’t get here until tomorrow. (That’s a sentence with weird tenses.) I didn’t want to wait to post in case you were tracking and it said boxes had arrived.

That's pretty weird. They all went out on the same day, with the cookies and games shipped out at a different location. Hopefully you'll get the other box soon.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    This morning I was gifted a game through humble, Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty. I haven't played any of the series in ages, so this should be fun.

Thank you @el_vicio I assume that the books were from you as well. Merry Christmas!

You may want to verify - @el_vicio was gifting people video games left and right this weekend!

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    @Goose! you can connect three more segments, straightzi was my Satan and Elaro (my satanee) appears twice.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Holy shit, Satan. I just. I am crying so forgive typos?

y4Z7dJ7l.jpg
    I added a penny to the shipping to make it truly evil

Inside were a note and an envelope.
    Envelope says open last, and I obey.

nD8o7vCl.jpg
    I don't even have an SNES for Shaq-Fu-nanigans, so all is forgiven!

Curious as to what the letter means, I open the envelope to find... A check?

n2IYwcol.jpg

Holy shit. Just. I have no words.
    I've been stressing about trying to scrape together money to do my name change and you just. You did it. You did it all. Thank you.

I can't express how grateful I am.

Thanks @Lasbrook

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Oh my god @TheRoadVirus that's amazing I'm so happy!

• Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Took me a hot minute, but my gifts are away. Enjoy Satanee. :twisted:

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Oh my god @TheRoadVirus that's amazing I'm so happy!

Me too! I keep thinking about it and crying haha I'm in shock. Las, thank you so much. You're on the Christmas card list for life