Options

It's not just Japan anymore! The whole world's watching to see [Persona 5]'s next move.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    PlayStation TV is pretty amazing as a PSP/Vita JRPG console, well worth it imo

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I paid 40 dollars for my PSTV and it's easily the best value I've received out of a gaming system

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have no idea where my PSTV is...

I should find it.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I wish its suite of PSN classics were bigger, but yeah, I enjoy my PSTV quite a bit, and the PS4 streaming is top-notch if you're connected via ethernet

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    They should make a new Vita TV, but shape it like a tiny PSX, include 20 great PS1 games, and make it work with every digital Vita, PSP, and PS1 game on the store.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    They should make a new Vita TV, but shape it like a tiny PSX, include 20 great PS1 games, and make it work with every digital Vita, PSP, and PS1 game on the store.

And every game not on the store.

By putting every single game ever made on the store.

Especially Metal Gear Ac!d 1 and 2.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2018
    Holy shit! I did not see that level of pure badass coming from Makoto

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I think I'm about ready to do my NG+ playthrough. Enough time has passed that the story will be mildly fresh.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Holy shit! I did see that level of pure badass coming from Makoto

Makoto is by far my favorite character, in both this and P4

• Options
    So (romance spoilers)
    Aside from the extra scene after Valentine’s Day, which more feels like comedy than anything, romancing multiple people doesn’t actually seem to carry much in the way of downsides? From what I’ve read, you can still max out everyone

• Options
    I hate the grip this game has on me

I thought I could just start Nier and forget about it but nope

I have a deep need to get the Platinum in this game

Currently on the third palace in my NG+ run

• Options
    I'm on the third palace in my initial run.

I'm almost done with it though. Just have to get through the last section and I'll have my path.

I love this fucking game.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I need to do NG+ since I've beaten every other Persona super boss. Wonder how this one stacks up.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    NG+ is weird

all running around Kamoshida’s palace with a level 85 Persona

all hitting rush and clearing an encounter before the opening strings are done

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I got this game for Christmas and am already mostly through the third Palace. I should have known what effect a new Persona would have on me.

I also finally read through this entire thread. Looking forward to doing it again when I can actually open the spoilers...

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Woo, secured Palace 3! But I have a question about it and treasure chests in general.
    I managed to clear the whole Palace in one trip; thank you, Invigorate patch. But I never made more lockpicks, so I didn't get any of the (3?) locked chests. Is it a good idea to get those on a separate trip from the boss fight? Or should I make the lockpicks and get the chests and the boss fight in one go? Is that actually possible?

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Woo, secured Palace 3! But I have a question about it and treasure chests in general.
    I managed to clear the whole Palace in one trip; thank you, Invigorate patch. But I never made more lockpicks, so I didn't get any of the (3?) locked chests. Is it a good idea to get those on a separate trip from the boss fight? Or should I make the lockpicks and get the chests and the boss fight in one go? Is that actually possible?

Just do it all in one go, just make sure that you either have a couple stealthanol to instantly drop your security level down from 99%, or make damn sure you can ambush a couple enemies to drop it so you don't accidentally get thrown out

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Oh, good idea!
    I wasn't sure you could lower the security level from 99 on a boss run.

• Options
    I don't think it goes below 70, but yeah you can reduce it down from 99

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    On calling card day you cannot get thrown out.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    just spitballin' here

what would you folks change to the P5 ending, those of you who didn't like it?

I think it was fine, but obviously it was still pretty straightforward and safe, I guess
    I wouldn't have minded it if Joker actually stayed in Tokyo, but I get they what they were going for
    keep morganna dead

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    On calling card day you cannot get thrown out.

Wait really?

The whole 99% thing is just a stupid bluff then?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's flavour

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Also it's intended to discourage you going back by way of lots of enemy spawns and the literal alarms flashing repeatedly.

• Options
    I just started Palace 4. I'm still enjoying (and dangerously obsessed with) the game, buuuut....
    I've got a few issues with the plot. Specifically, how every problem is the characters being clueless until a third party shows up to push us along. They definitely aren't taking advantage of the whole "we having a talking, intelligent cat that nobody else knows about" thing.

Like, in the buildup to Palace 3, the party tries to find the head of the local gang. They look around, trying to find a gang member to offer them a job. Then they succeed, but they still can't find a way to make use of it. They don't trail him, or have Morganna do it, or intimidate him for information, or accept the job as a way to get closer to the boss or ... anything. They eventually have to get help from Ohya, who admittedly as a journalist would have access to information that they wouldn't, but it still feels like a deus ex machina. And then they need help from Makoto to physically get into the palace after they discover it.

Again, it doesn't ruin the game for me, far from it, but the constant "we have choice but to do this stupid plan" is getting to me a bit.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I just started Palace 4. I'm still enjoying (and dangerously obsessed with) the game, buuuut....
    I've got a few issues with the plot. Specifically, how every problem is the characters being clueless until a third party shows up to push us along. They definitely aren't taking advantage of the whole "we having a talking, intelligent cat that nobody else knows about" thing.

Like, in the buildup to Palace 3, the party tries to find the head of the local gang. They look around, trying to find a gang member to offer them a job. Then they succeed, but they still can't find a way to make use of it. They don't trail him, or have Morganna do it, or intimidate him for information, or accept the job as a way to get closer to the boss or ... anything. They eventually have to get help from Ohya, who admittedly as a journalist would have access to information that they wouldn't, but it still feels like a deus ex machina. And then they need help from Makoto to physically get into the palace after they discover it.

Again, it doesn't ruin the game for me, far from it, but the constant "we have choice but to do this stupid plan" is getting to me a bit.
    Makoto does kinda blatantly say that they're all a bit stupid and should have been caught by the police up to her joining, and even then she doesn't think straight when it comes to Kaneshiro since she is getting more and more pissed off at what's expected of her.

• Options

Part of the development of the Phantom Thieves is that they explicitly get more capable each time. They’re idiot high school kids who really have no idea what they’re doing, so yeah, they’re not gonna think things through that much.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

You'll never see it COMING. *doot doot doot doot*

• Options
    Palace 4 is kind of a pain in the ass.

• Options

I liked it!

I honestly only hated the 7th palace

Spoilers
    The mouse thing is the worrrrrrst

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Aniplex USA is doing Persona 5 the Animation, huh?

Enjoy paying $300 for the whole series.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Aniplex USA is doing Persona 5 the Animation, huh?

Enjoy paying $300 for the whole series.

Well, Fate/Zero only cost me $120...
    ...for half of it...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options

I liked it!

I honestly only hated the 7th palace

Spoilers
    The mouse thing is the worrrrrrst

I don't dislike it. The difficulty has ramped up a bit though and I wasn't prepared.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I found the biggest difficulty spike to be palace 3. Palace 4 got a little harrowing at spots but the section leading up to the first safe room in palace 3 absolutely brutalized me.

4 does have Anubis though and that thing can go fuck itself.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    I found the biggest difficulty spike to be palace 3. Palace 4 got a little harrowing at spots but the section leading up to the first safe room in palace 3 absolutely brutalized me.

Yes. Those fucking Anubis suuuuuuuuck. No weakness? Fuck you!

• Options

Yes. Those fucking Anubis suuuuuuuuck. No weakness? Fuck you!

yeah, when you start encountering strong enemies that don't have a weakness, it starts to suck

don't be afraid to run away

• Options
    also get the tower confidant as soon as you can

the special ability realllllly helps with those types of encounters

This discussion has been closed.