As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vanity Thread 3.0: Harder, Better, Faster, [chat]er

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

No it's a 4x like Crusader Kings in space, except way easier to play than Crusader Kings.

TheKoolEagle and I have been playing a multiplayer game on his stream and my psychic aliens and his angry cat people are defending ourselves from holy avengers trying to burn us with fire. It's great.

oh if you can't form an alliance to build a planet destroyer and then go around extorting smaller alliances then I've lost interest

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    assume my kids are all adults when I die they're getting nothing because they've already started life on ez mode and also daddy two personal jets

more money more problems

really you're selflessly protecting them

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so uh should i be worried?

xaz2gup5khru.png

speaking of police procedurals

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    assume my kids are all adults when I die they're getting nothing because they've already started life on ez mode and also daddy two personal jets

more money more problems

my will is gonna be a video of me dancing on my G6 a la Tropic Thunder

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The house situation went to shit.

well fucking great id say 30% chance this ends up with the house being sold and the money being split.

What happened?

Family bullshit with my sister in law who was going to live in the basement.

was the house left to both of you?

To my wife and only IF everyone agrees to it otherwise its to be sold and split.

That is a fucking insanely stupid way to will something. "You get the house but only if nobody else wants to make 5 figures from their share of the sale" is nutso

The main consideration was my brother in law being a dependent and if who ever took him had their own home.

who takes him if the house gets sold?

We do regardless.

yeah I gotta agree with milski then. seems like the will was written really poorly. sorry again bud. maybe you guys can do a cash out refinance on the house and pay off your SIL's share or something? prob gonna need a lawyer tho.

Actually it sounds like this is exactly what going to happen and at least one of the other two sisters support this,

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    The most sheltered girl I knew from high school has rebelled and gone "dark"... in that she occasionally makes morbid jokes and wears black. Like, diet goth-lite, at best. It's kind of an adorably small rebellion.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh fuck this is classy af
    DTROj1lV4AEMi34.jpg

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Chanus wrote: »
    so uh should i be worried?

xaz2gup5khru.png

speaking of police procedurals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om2QzNDqmDc

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    The most sheltered girl I knew from high school has rebelled and gone "dark"... in that she occasionally makes morbid jokes and wears black. Like, diet goth-lite, at best. It's kind of an adorably small rebellion.

newsflash fuckwad you're a good person

sig.gif
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

No it's a 4x like Crusader Kings in space, except way easier to play than Crusader Kings.

TheKoolEagle and I have been playing a multiplayer game on his stream and my psychic aliens and his angry cat people are defending ourselves from holy avengers trying to burn us with fire. It's great.

oh if you can't form an alliance to build a planet destroyer and then go around extorting smaller alliances then I've lost interest

You can 100% do this and force the smaller alliances to join you or pay you tribute.

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    I bloody hate wills where property inheritance is contingent on like, everyone else in the will being okay with the named beneficiary getting the house, and elsewise it's just gonna be put up by the executor and split X ways

y'all know that shit ain't working out

If I hated my family, that is exactly the sort of will I would make.

Alternatively, allow anybody to get whatever they want, but make it like a contest where they have to run through the property calling it when they reach what they want and have to haul it off in a certain amount of time or someone else can get it.

My ideal hate-family will would basically be an equitable split, but random people get veto power... to give things to *another* person that's not them.

"Jack shall receive the under-construction house and the account with enough funds to cover the remainder of the costs. However, if Susan objects to the house transfer, it will instead be transferred to William. If William objects to the transfer of the funding account it will instead be transferred to Dave."

"If any family member signs a contract regarding transfer of assets with any other family member within two years of my death, all parties involved shall lose all inheritance and it will be transferred to charity."

Gotta stop any backchannel dealings here

I ate an engineer
  • Options

more money more problems

desc is the videographer

sig.gif
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    now I want to watch john mulaney's bit on law and order but I am at le work and can't listen to audio

• Options
    I bloody hate wills where property inheritance is contingent on like, everyone else in the will being okay with the named beneficiary getting the house, and elsewise it's just gonna be put up by the executor and split X ways

Alternatively, allow anybody to get whatever they want, but make it like a contest where they have to run through the property calling it when they reach what they want and have to haul it off in a certain amount of time or someone else can get it.

My ideal hate-family will would basically be an equitable split, but random people get veto power... to give things to *another* person that's not them.

"Jack shall receive the under-construction house and the account with enough funds to cover the remainder of the costs. However, if Susan objects to the house transfer, it will instead be transferred to William. If William objects to the transfer of the funding account it will instead be transferred to Dave."

"If any family member signs a contract regarding transfer of assets with any other family member within two years of my death, all parties involved shall lose all inheritance and it will be transferred to charity."

the will shall be read separately to each beneficiary in a dark faraday cage, and all objections must be voiced before leaving the darkroom

sig.gif
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

It gives the perfect opportunity for two family members to spitefully ruin it for everybody by signing a contract just so everybody loses all inheritance.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Let me guess, she's a Crow fan, and likes anime.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

more money more problems

desc is the videographer

I expect no less than a Britney Spears level performance from shark

• Options
    edited January 2018

It gives the perfect opportunity for two family members to spitefully ruin it for everybody by signing a contract just so everybody loses all inheritance.

No, they lose everything they get, the others are fine. They can't penalize other members, that's too easy.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Is anyone a crow fan in 2018 though

• Options

No, and mostly police procedurals and star trek

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »

Is anyone a crow fan in 2018 though

fak you descy

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    She was found frozen to death. Toxicology reports show she was high on a solution of Pinesol and Pixy Stix; it’s a new drug the kids on the street are calling it “Manic Stixy Clean Girl.”

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    my parents are probably going to will me and each of my brothers a 20% interest in their property

my bitcoin brother occasionally tries to cajole each of us into swearing that we won't force a sale of any property

and tbf it will probably be wise not to

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    A clock museum bought the parking lot the bakery uses and it's going from "free" to "$100/month".

Fucking clock museum.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    my parents are probably going to will me and each of my brothers a 20% interest in their property

my bitcoin brother occasionally tries to cajole each of us into swearing that we won't force a sale of any property

immediately force sale and cut ties and hit the gym

sig.gif
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The house situation went to shit.

well fucking great id say 30% chance this ends up with the house being sold and the money being split.

What happened?

Family bullshit with my sister in law who was going to live in the basement.

was the house left to both of you?

To my wife and only IF everyone agrees to it otherwise its to be sold and split.

That is a fucking insanely stupid way to will something. "You get the house but only if nobody else wants to make 5 figures from their share of the sale" is nutso

The main consideration was my brother in law being a dependent and if who ever took him had their own home.

who takes him if the house gets sold?

We do regardless.

yeah I gotta agree with milski then. seems like the will was written really poorly. sorry again bud. maybe you guys can do a cash out refinance on the house and pay off your SIL's share or something? prob gonna need a lawyer tho.

Actually it sounds like this is exactly what going to happen and at least one of the other two sisters support this,

just make sure you get it all tied up legally before you do it. money makes people do weird shit and you don't wanna risk getting fucked by having a cash out refi loan on your books AND having to sell the house

• Options

You can 100% do this and force the smaller alliances to join you or pay you tribute.

if there aren't real people on the other end it doesn't get my rocks off

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Being the only kid I get my parent's house and all their stuff and so on.

I rather not think of it because I rather have my parents around than stuff.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

nobody's a real person unless i know their first name tho

sig.gif
  • Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    She was found frozen to death. Toxicology reports show she was high on a solution of Pinesol and Pixy Stix; it’s a new drug the kids on the street are calling it “Manic Stixy Clean Girl.”

He was found screaming in a dumpster and trying to eat his own vomit. Report shows he snorted nutmeg mixed in barbasol. Kids are calling it Syco Shave

I ate an engineer
  • Options

nobody's a real person unless i know their first name tho

a fair point

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

immediately force sale and cut ties and hit the gym

"Dear reddit, I remortgaged the property I share with my brothers in order to reinvest the money into bitcoins, but now the bitcoin exchange has closed and isn't responding to my emails -- how do I recover my bitcoins?? tia!"

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    kedinik you're on thin ice

sig.gif
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

When I talked to my mom about this sort of thing, I said I understood that I'd have to share the split with her husband's son. She said, "Oh no, that's my house. You're getting it. That's all there is too it. I love my husband, but he didn't put hardly anything into it so that's that."

I was like, Daaaayum.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I am hoping that what my folks live long enough that what leave behind ultimately goes to whatever kids my sister ends up having so they can go to a good college. Given I still have 3/4 grandparents it's happily possible!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    A clock museum bought the parking lot the bakery uses and it's going from "free" to "$100/month".

Fucking clock museum.

these clocks don't run themselves matt

oh wait they do?

well um

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Fucking clock museum.

these clocks don't run themselves matt

oh wait they do?

well um

A lot of old clocks require a decent amount of upkeep to keep them working.

• Options
    my brother and sister and i get along just fine and everything's cool and i'm still worried that somehow inheritance will one day be a shitshow

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I'm not getting shit. So that keeps that simple.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »

He was found screaming in a dumpster and trying to eat his own vomit. Report shows he ate
    my brother and sister and i get along just fine and everything's cool and i'm still worried that somehow inheritance will one day be a shitshow

Inheritance has dark powers, given it's a traumatic redistribution of (relatively) massive sums of money

I ate an engineer
This discussion has been closed.