As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] New Expansion Announced: Battle for Azeroth.

1939495969799»

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ugh the healer challenge is SO FUCKING LONNNNNG

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Since I have not done any raids in this game should I run all of them that I can in LFR or just focus on the more recent dungeons?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Since I have not done any raids in this game should I run all of them that I can in LFR or just focus on the more recent dungeons?

Run them all if you want to see them, but only the latest is likely to be giving you much in the way of relevant gear rewards.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I just came back from a long break from WoW.

Why do they remove the ability to fly in every new expansion. It's like having a hand removed.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Got up to 912 for GS. Decided to try the Sub Rogue mage tower thing again. I don't think GS is my problem. I can't get the slow on the adds fast enough to stop them from getting to the boss. I don't think I will ever be able to do this.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Prot pally mage tower done.

I'm kinda sad, the red version of the skin requires 10 (!) rated battleground wins.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Normal clear, finally got a non-shit Kin'garoth log, so that's a personal victory.

And killed Coven with 9 people since a lot of people on the guild lagged so we went in and pugged a DPS...than then got stuck outside. Spent most of my time doing DPS since Normal Coven really doesn't have anything to heal except Chilled Blood.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Heroic Argus down. WAY less shitty than coven

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Hooray, another Argus kill, and no one got Pantheon trinkets this time!

wooooooooooooo

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    they just don't want people to feel as though they're being penalized for not having farmed absolutely as many as possible prior to the patch, especially since most folks will have upgraded all the legendaries they actually use a while ago

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Got a legendary out of an invasion point. Got a item level 1000 Mantle of the Master Assassin. So much better than the first legendary I got.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Its one of the coolest legendary in the game. Enjoy that thing.

I can't remember, but can you stun those adds in the second part of the sub challenge? Cause you can spec shadowstrike to stun.Might help

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    hippofant wrote: »
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    On another thing, a very common issue in WoW is people avoiding group content alltogether for performance anxiety or some bad experiences. Preach did a video about probably the most important thing about getting good at WoW: Confidence.

<snip>

Is heartfelt and doesn't feel as cringey as "Never stop going Big Dick", so might as well put it there for all those people afraid of getting into groups.

My brother and his friend are terrified of doing mythic dungeons. We ran mythic Eye of Azshara once, and we wiped twice on the first boss, and now they're terrified to try another mythic. And I'm like, yo, wiping is normal, that's how people learn how to do things in WoW, but you know these damn coddled WoW kids all expecting to one-shot everything! Back in my day, we wiped on Onyxia, we wiped on Molten Core, then we wiped on Blackwing Lair, then we wiped on AQ40, then we wiped on Naxxramas! And then you know what we did next?! We wiped on Gruul, then we wiped on Serpentshrine, then we wiped on....

Follow-up: apparently, now they think they're such hotshots, we can just run Mythic 8 Return to Karazhan despite my not having run it since TBC and their not having run it ever.

Still barely missed the timer by one wipe on the rider. Stupid spectral horses....

hippofant on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    WHOOPS.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    @Bobkins Flymo could you lock this one, there's a new one made

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    y'all can just...stop posting and over time it will slowly fall down

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »

Why do they remove the ability to fly in every new expansion. It's like having a hand removed.

Because its hard to design a fun, interesting story for leveling up through a zone when you can fly and skip any obstacles they put up.

It also immerses you in the world. Leveling through a zone while walking and riding a mount is a whole different experience than just flying overhead everything.

• Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »
    Koreg wrote: »

Because its hard to design a fun, interesting story for leveling up through a zone when you can fly and skip any obstacles they put up.

It also immerses you in the world. Leveling through a zone while walking and riding a mount is a whole different experience than just flying overhead everything.

Flying is far from an impediment to such things. Look at the Storm Peaks, look at Icecrown. Two zones made even better by flying, and even required it. It just saddens me that Blizz seem so ironbound to not doing anything like it again.

This discussion has been closed.