As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Well, my guild made another HAAT raid attempt this weekend, after giving everyone a chance to unlock and gear CLS. Didn't help. We just don't have the manpower to get this one done. We've even managed to increase our number of active members. We have about 25 active members now. But even that doesn't seem to be enough. I'm never going to get General Kenobi.

We can clear the heroic Pit in like 30 minutes (we have a 24h no-damage rule) but this HAAT eludes us.
    HAAT with only 25 members? How far did you get?

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, HAAT is a challenge and basically involves throwing warm bodies at things until they stop being a problem.

This isn't entirely true, especially for certain phases of course, but if one assumes that the goal is 2% per member, going in with half the staff basically doubles the required percentage per person per phase. I'm sure it's doable with 25 people, but I can only imagine individual incremental upgrades to rosters will only go so far compared to getting to a full 50 (I know that's easier said than done).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Well, my guild made another HAAT raid attempt this weekend, after giving everyone a chance to unlock and gear CLS. Didn't help. We just don't have the manpower to get this one done. We've even managed to increase our number of active members. We have about 25 active members now. But even that doesn't seem to be enough. I'm never going to get General Kenobi.

We can clear the heroic Pit in like 30 minutes (we have a 24h no-damage rule) but this HAAT eludes us.

We're stalled out in phase 2.

If 2% is the goal for a 50 person active roster, I pulled 6% with my Phoenix Squad. But my other teams didn't do nearly that great.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    What's the trick for the Ghosts event? The stronger my team gets the worse I seem to do against the nightsisters.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    edited January 2018

We're stalled out in phase 2.

If 2% is the goal for a 50 person active roster, I pulled 6% with my Phoenix Squad. But my other teams didn't do nearly that great.
    That's still impressive with only 25 members. Asking everyone to pull 4% per person in kind of unrealistic unless you have whales. I can easily pull those numbers in Phases 2 and 4, but not in 1 and 3.

Have you tried recruiting in the SWGOH forums? Warm bodies may be all you need to break into P3.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

We are in the same boat. We can clear Heroic Rancor in minutes (we do have the 24 hours rules) but we can do Heroic Haat. we just don'T have enough active high level people. Too bad, because of this I dumpt my Jedi team in area (had trouble staying close to top 50 without General Kenobi) and switched to a nighsisterm and now, even with just 2 battles a day, I have get in the top 20 on my shard. Even in Guild Battle, I just put my night sister team in defence on one side and we concentrate on the other one and no one seems to be able to beat my nightsister team (with 4 stars mother and zombie only, no yellow gear on anyone btw).

side note: Did unlock Commander luke so now I need to gear him up. Working on the old farts team (solo and chewie) so I get a shot at Jedi Rey in 6 months...

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Our Guild just did the 1st HAAT kill today (Without help from mercs that is).

Lots of folks getting CLS really helped it shows...before we could barley make it to p3.

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    Has anyone else noticed that over the last couple of months, the game's responsiveness has slowed down? I have a Galaxy S7 Edge, so it's not like I have an ancient phone, yet I keep having moments where I scroll, but the visuals pause, then load whatever I was apparently touching when it when halted. It's wicked annoying.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Yep.

I have a Google Pixel and it's been slowing down a bit.

and today it's running like shit.

• Options
    I've deffo noticed lag when opening Bronzes.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Cool looking hero. Wonder what the unlock conditions will be. Probably something completely freaking ridiculous like needing a full team of Separatists or something.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    It'll probably be pay to play.

Probably unlock at 2 or 3 stars, and then they'll sit in the store for a few months before being farmable.

I'd guess you'll need resistance or first order to do the unlock missions.

mcp on
  • Options
    Or perhaps a 3-star CUP, and only 3-star. If you have CUP at 4-star, you've missed your chance. If your CUP is not yet 3-star, you have 1 hour to get him up to that; there's enough shards in the store right now, and it's inverse pro-rated on how close to 3-star your CUP currently is. But good news: for a mere 5,000 crystals, you can get between 10 and 330 shards towards this new toon, but in reality you'll get between 10 and 15 shards, so keep buying that pack to unlock this new character!

• Options
    Marquee event, so it’ll be a free 2-3 star unlock and then useless for however many months until it goes FTP.
    Looks cool tho

• Options
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Marquee event, so it’ll be a free 2-3 star unlock and then useless for however many months until it goes FTP.
    Looks cool tho
    ...so you're saying my CUP theory is invalid? Damn you, Scooba Steve!!!

• Options
    So to get purple ship mats I have to have a 5* Executrix? And to get a 5* Executrix I need five 5* Dark Side ships?

Sometimes I hate this game.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Only sometimes?
    Executrix and Empire ships in general are pretty great though so its worth working on

Edit: it gets you zetas too

Dayspring on
  • Options
    What is CUP?

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Seems like that character will be busted at 7 stars and high gear levels.

Not like CLS busted but FO groups really needed another powerhouse and Executioner could do that.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    What is CUP?
    Coruscant Underworld Police, widely considered to be one of the worst characters in the game and thus turned into a joke where people pretend he’s overpowered etc.

• Options
    I just 7*'d my Ugnaught.

Maybe next I'll work on CUP.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    What is CUP?
    Coruscant Underworld Police, widely considered to be one of the worst characters in the game and thus turned into a joke where people pretend he’s overpowered etc.

I look forward to the day CUP gets a zeta ability

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    My CUP has been 7*'d for ages. He's my weakest 7*, and as such is regularly sacrificed to RNGesus to 0 point qualify for HPit and HAAT.

The thing is, he has an aoe, so once in a while, the stars will align and he'll actually survive the initial round of Gamorean actions (dodge an attack, other one taunts, that kind of thing.

It is excruciatingly tempting to throw that grenade for a couple hundred damage.

Granted, it was probably a bit wasteful to take him to 85.

... and only one holo projector from GL7.

Which honestly I might just finish off this week for the hell of it.

But I've been playing for over 2 years, and maxed out the Arena and Guild shops forever ago.

• Options
    If you tie on a territory war both teams get second place?

What a fucking load of shit.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    The biggest problem with CUP is a complete lack of any Synergy whatsoever. His abilities aren't horrible, but he goes with nothing, so he's basically just a cool looking paper weight wearing a duster.

I hate a lot of acronyms, especially when you have a full keyboard, but even typing Coruscant Underworld Police is taxing, so my apologies for throwing out CUP, but this post is probably the last time I'll ever type his full name again.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    mcp wrote: »
    I just 7*'d my Ugnaught.
    I used a Jawa, Ugnaught, Eeth Koth hybrid during today's TW and totally fucked up a droid team that was stronger than my squad. Those stuns were huge, and Ugnaught's extra dmg output on droids is pretty awesome. I originally got him for HAAT P3, but he's finding new use again. Anything other than droids and he's useless.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    I just 7*'d my Ugnaught.
    I used a Jawa, Ugnaught, Eeth Koth hybrid during today's TW and totally fucked up a droid team that was stronger than my squad. Those stuns were huge, and Ugnaught's extra dmg output on droids is pretty awesome. I originally got him for HAAT P3, but he's finding new use again. Anything other than droids and he's useless.

I never thought of using Eeth Koth with Jawa and Ugnaught. I typically use Ugnaught with my Jawa team in P3 HAAT, but I might start investing in Eeth Koth to do some extra damage against droid teams in TW.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    What is the Coruscant Underwold Police guy even from? Is he a random character in Clone Wars or something? Why does he exists? Same with Mob Enforcer. What is the purpose of the existence of that character?

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    What is the Coruscant Underwold Police guy even from? Is he a random character in Clone Wars or something? Why does he exists? Same with Mob Enforcer. What is the purpose of the existence of that character?

IIRC it's a droid that patrols Coruscant's underworld area. It was in the Clone Wars cartoon. Not sure if it was in anything else. Basically existed for the bad guys to shoot into scrap until the Jedi showed up. Sort of like how the Separatist droids were there to get wrecked by the good guys.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I remember them from Clone Wars, but I didn't think they were droids. Meh... wish they had an actual use or some type or synergy

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    I remember them from Clone Wars, but I didn't think they were droids. Meh... wish they had an actual use or some type or synergy

Yeah I got them confused with these guys.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian_police_droid

• Options
    Man I still need about 50 Chopper shards to get my Phoenix to 7*. Not sure I can get 7* Thrawn this round.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    Still trying to get my last to gear 8, then re-mod everyone before Thrawn starts. I figured we'd have some more time before he came around again, but here goes another five days of intense swearing and rage at the 7* fight.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Thrawn comes way too early for me, I'm only 7/7/6/5/5/5 on Phoenix.

But then again I was focusing on R2 and CLS and JUST got these done in the last 2 months.

Can't win em all as FtP. At least I'll probably unlock him at 5*

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    Is there any speculation or general idea of what we would need to work on next to be ready for the next major event?

Do we think there will ever be some sort of "Villain's Journey" to give the Dark Side a CLS / RJT equivalent? They could do something like that with Anakin. I could see them requiring a handful of Ep 1-3 and Clone Wars characters to take him from Anakin to Vader. And then give us some sort of new Vader with 3 Zetas.

• Options
    They could do something like that with Anakin. I could see them requiring a handful of Ep 1-3 and Clone Wars characters to take him from Anakin to Vader. And then give us some sort of new Vader with 3 Zetas.
    That would be pretty god damn awesome. I'd up-vote that in a heart beat. The DS is really lacking toons right now.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I'm 34 shards away from completing Gar Saxon, and I've already got him up to g10 and put a Zeta on his lead. Tested him out as lead this morning with the Omega (which isn't hard at all, so not a good test) and I'm liking what I'm seeing. I've been working on a Empire squad to surround him with, mostly using primary fires as the determining factor. Given that his fully powered abilities grants 50% counter chance + 5% heal + 100% chance for Saxon to assist on a counter... surrounding him with some debuff primary fires would be awesome. Plus, his primary inflicts Speed Down, and if it already has Speed Down, reduce cooldowns by 1. Given his auto-assist when ally counters, it means I could use his Calculated Ambush every single turn.

While I know he's a tank, I'm thinking having the Stormtrooper with him, and minimize crit chance, as that will grant Expose when he fires and does not crit or totally misses. Combine that withe 50% counter chance, the entire team could get exposed and then nailed by Saxon immediately after. I'm hoping it will be a good TW defensive team.

After Saxon is at 7-star, I'll work on Imp Supercommando. When paired with Saxon, it's a sick looking combo.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    While Luke was obviously doable (with some hoop jumping, and having already addressed the Old Ben grind), I feel like Rey sets the new precedent. We can probably get part way there, maybe even half, but any future journey will probably require characters that don't even exist yet. Which is some bullshit, but whatever.

I nearly have the Vets both at 6* (Chewie is about 20 short), so it'll only be another quarter or so to get those last 220'ish shards to finish them both off.

While I generally enjoy the game overall, there are predictable elements with their release cycle that makes it hard to give them anything resembling benefit of the doubt.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I'm 34 shards away from completing Gar Saxon, and I've already got him up to g10 and put a Zeta on his lead. Tested him out as lead this morning with the Omega (which isn't hard at all, so not a good test) and I'm liking what I'm seeing. I've been working on a Empire squad to surround him with, mostly using primary fires as the determining factor. Given that his fully powered abilities grants 50% counter chance + 5% heal + 100% chance for Saxon to assist on a counter... surrounding him with some debuff primary fires would be awesome. Plus, his primary inflicts Speed Down, and if it already has Speed Down, reduce cooldowns by 1. Given his auto-assist when ally counters, it means I could use his Calculated Ambush every single turn.

While I know he's a tank, I'm thinking having the Stormtrooper with him, and minimize crit chance, as that will grant Expose when he fires and does not crit or totally misses. Combine that withe 50% counter chance, the entire team could get exposed and then nailed by Saxon immediately after. I'm hoping it will be a good TW defensive team.

After Saxon is at 7-star, I'll work on Imp Supercommando. When paired with Saxon, it's a sick looking combo.

I was interested in Gar, too. I can't decided who to team him with yet, but he's next on my list after the vets. Thrawn probably. Nothing jumps out as a prefect fit, though.