As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Harmonix] New Rock Band peripherals are coming!

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    SKID ROW!!!

YESSSSS!

I've wanted to get my Sebastian Bach on for years.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    I got really excited then really disappointed by this thread title. It’s good for people who don’t have exports though.

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Do any of you here have any experience with playing Rock Band using MIDI drums and an adapter? How well does the game play with them? I'm asking because I worry that at some point our drums will give up the ghost and I won't necessarily be able to get a new bespoke RB drum kit.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »
    Do any of you here have any experience with playing Rock Band using MIDI drums and an adapter? How well does the game play with them? I'm asking because I worry that at some point our drums will give up the ghost and I won't necessarily be able to get a new bespoke RB drum kit.

This is how I’ve primarily played Rock Band for like 7-8 years now, even on a DIY adapter that I made before they released official ones!. It works with absolutely no issues even on the Xbox One where you have to plug and adapter into another adapter basically.

The only issue is the upfront costs associated with buying the drum kit. The base models are fairly expensive for what you ultimately need them for and the costs only go up from there. But once you get everything set up properly, things work pretty smoothly overall.

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Which drum kit do you have yourself?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »
    Which drum kit do you have yourself?

I bought a used TD-10 module back in the day which is overkill for what is needed. I got most of the associated drum set with it, but I did add on a few more cymbals after I got it. Unfortunately now some of the clamps I bought have started to wear out and I haven't replaced them.

The Roland drums come in different tiers ranging from a very beginner set (which probably will do what it needs to do, but I am not sure) up to the super top of the line fancy pants drums with all the bells and whistles. The used stuff does apparently hold its value pretty well so getting one secondhand will probably be okay in terms of quality but it might not save as much money as you think.

Once I got everything set up, the drums performed pretty consistently, especially since I usually didnt have to put the kit away after I was done playing. Every so often I would have to sort out a weird overhitting issue, but that might have been more due to my abilities or slight changes to the setup rather than the drums themselves. Even now when I play every so often and have to put away the kit in between sessions, they still behave pretty consistently I think. If you have the money for it and are really serious about it, then getting the e-drums is a possibility. It certainly makes playing drums in Rock Band that much more fun for me.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Wow those songs should be fun to sing! I don’t know about playing them though. Maybe the Torn solo is easy and fun?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Also; does the season start today?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Usually they start on Thursdays.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Enjoy the Silence was a favorite of mine in Fantasia, so I’m glad to see it here.

So far I’m at 2/3 want in the Season 4 pass. If this keeps up, I may actually grab this one.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I'm probably alone in this but I would buy that entire Natalie Imbruglia album for Rock Band in a heartbeat if I could

• Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    Couple of Fleetwood Mac songs are back on Xbox One:

Fleetwood Mac – Don’t Stop
    Fleetwood Mac – World Turning

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    New Season, ahoy!

Will be getting my Season 4 pass and starting a new year of Rock Band tonight.

Move Minor Standard will get Bloodstone this time...even if I have to play Judas Priest's Bloodstone several hundred times over the next few weeks.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

Free DLC pack of smaller LA bands this week. Unsure yet if there will also be a regular DLC release too.

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    now fixed on Xbox and should be in your Ready to Install:

Visions
    I Don't Like You
    Dance Epidemic
    Runnin' Wild

• Options
    Wait Runnin' Wild? Wasn't that part of a pack?

• Options
    Yeah, it's the song that was delisted from the Roadrunner pack

• Options
    Is there a way to un-fix Visions?

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    JonBob wrote: »
    Is there a way to un-fix Visions?

Such sordid words fall unto deaf ears

• Options
    There’s also this:

And I’m convincing myself that if I put that here and tell the rest of you about it I’ll remember to do it myself.

• Options

oh good they followed a metal week with a country week

no that's great, i love it

the only thing more fun to play than metal skittle waterfalls is fiddle skittle waterfalls
    Perrsun wrote: »
    There’s also this:

And I’m convincing myself that if I put that here and tell the rest of you about it I’ll remember to do it myself.

Already did it because I have a habit of giving every new song I download at least one play

The songs aren't bad. They're not great but they're mostly decent.

• Options
    Oh man. I thought my push on vocals was going to be enough to get us through this week, but it seems other crews had some last minute surges and we dropped. Sorry about that.
    Need to go 3 for 3 now. At least next week will be dead easy.

• Options
    JonBob wrote: »
    Oh man. I thought my push on vocals was going to be enough to get us through this week, but it seems other crews had some last minute surges and we dropped. Sorry about that.
    Need to go 3 for 3 now. At least next week will be dead easy.

I’m seeing some weird stuff in the app. On the app home screen it shows the platinum icon, but when I tap Show Results it shows “Gold - Safe”

I was playing songs up to 6 minutes before cutoff last night (inspired by seeing we were sitting at 74, and scared we’d drop before the night ended).

When I stopped playing at 6 ‘til, we were at 76.

• Options
    Checking the app right now it's showing promoted w/ 304 crew points earned. Won't be where I can check the xbone till like 10pm tonight.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Huh. I guess I shouldn't trust the app then.

Edit: Speaking of the app, does anyone else have problems keeping it connected? Every 2-3 launches, it seems to have forgotten about me entirely, and I have to go through the process of choosing a platform, entering an e-mail, going through MS Authenticator, and allowing access for the app.

JonBob on
  • Options
    Every couple launches it makes me choose a platform and sign in again, but I don’t have to keep re-authenticating it.

• Options
    It has also stopped sending me the notifications for “Your crew advanced/did not advance”

• Options
    The app is... glitchy is the nicest way I think I can describe it

For the most part if I actually care about it being up to the minute accurate I refresh it two or three times and then it seems to update consistently.

I think it could have potential to be super handy for notifying your crew on things via the chat section but tbh I'm super skeptical about it being reliable.

• Options
    We have an important Rock Band Network update to share. Unfortunately, ALL RBN songs on ALL legacy consoles (Xbox 360, PlayStation®3, and Nintendo Wii) will no longer be available for purchase from the Rock Band Music Store beginning later this month. As with other delisted content, owners can continue to play previously purchased RBN songs as desired. These songs were never available for purchase or playable in Rock Band 4. All songs available on Rock Band 4 are not affected, regardless of source.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Sad day. :(

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    So...what's worth grabbing on the RBN?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Endaro wrote: »

A lot.

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Endaro wrote: »

A lot.

I feel like you misinterpreted my tone.

It wasn't meant as "So what? Who cares about RBN, there's nothing good on it"; it was "So if we're going to lose it, what would you recommend grabbing before they're gone?".

• Options
    Well, on PSN they don't have as many songs as in XBL. Off the top of my head, Going Under, Third Eye Blind and Anamanaguchi come to mind. Oh! I think Man in Motion (St. Elmo's Fire) is RBN only right?

I'm not even counting in house bands though.