As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect Andromeda] Shepard may get a day, but Ryder gets a planet.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    yes hello hi there I would totally be down for a femShep portrayed by Emily Blunt
    And a Zaeed played by Tom Cruise would be pretty neat too. He'd probably never agree to it, though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Watched Edge of Tomorrow again over the weekend.

Emily Blunt would fucking kill the FemShep role.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Played this a ton for the MP when it came out but I was waiting for some of the bugs to be fixed before going at SP, then it got lost in the backlog. Cracking it open and there's a lot of stuff to mess around with. Some questions,

1) Based on MP, I picked tech to get started in. I figured it gives you powers for armor and shields, would make for a good start. Anything I should know? I see the profile stuff, is it better to 'multi-class'? I was thinking about picking pistols or AR's and putting points into combat as well as tech? I played a lot of vanguard and sniper in MP so i figured this would be a change of pace. I see I can respec as well.

2) Research is a bit overwhelming at first here. At first glance there are some crazy mods available. Making everything a sticky grenade? sounds fun. Do any of them really work out well? I was thinking a shotgun grenade thing might work out? Poking around online it seems the bio converter is well liked if you can boost health recovery, Electrical conduits is good on high RoF weapons, and the dhan is good? Anything I should look at here in the early game?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I had super fun with the grenade launcher mod, and the tracking mod is great for guns that then basically shoot a swarm of angry bee bullets

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Heat sink all the things.

• Options
    Anyone use gibbs save game editor? Just got the point where they shoved the worst mechanic of the entire ME trilogy in this game. Resource gathering...

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I never found resource gathering in andro that bad, but I did do multi which got you those chests for single player that had resources.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Anyone use gibbs save game editor? Just got the point where they shoved the worst mechanic of the entire ME trilogy in this game. Resource gathering...

I use Gibbs' editors for all the ME games. It's great.

• Options
    Did Gibbed make one for Andromeda? I thought the project died.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    You don't ever need to go out and gather resources in Andromeda as a task. You'll get enough picking up things when you're doing quests and the like, and just randomly grabbing stuff while driving around (when you happen to be in a resource zone). At worst you might make a slight detour to get into a resource zone when you would have otherwise driven near it instead.

It's substantially less invasive than the previous games in the series.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Watched Edge of Tomorrow again over the weekend.

Emily Blunt would fucking kill the FemShep role.

She's definitely on my short list of possible FemSheps.

I'd also throw Claudia Black in there, based on her work in Farscape and Pitch Black, and the fact her voice is pretty much pure sex.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    I looked her up because I know she's a voice Bioware has used, just forgot what roles

HAHA WHAT SHE'S MATRIARCH AETHYTA

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I looked her up because I know she's a voice Bioware has used, just forgot what roles

HAHA WHAT SHE'S MATRIARCH AETHYTA

Yes she is, and Admiral Daro'Xen.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    They can go full circle and have Jennifer Hale as Matriarch Aethyta. That'd fuck with some heads.

Also, agreed on Andromeda resources. I found that money wasn't an issue past the very first stages of the game (though I wasn't super aggressive about snagging every possible upgrade for armour, but I did try to stay relatively up to date on my weapons at least), so I mostly broke down gear I found to bits, and between that and whatever loot I found and meager scavenging I did, I was pretty much drowning in materials and cash by the end of the game.

Bought the full (level appropriate) N7 suit without even putting a dent in those resources.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    OMG they give you beer goggles in ME2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D3NBZ3KTPk

I'm learning things today

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    OMG they give you beer goggles in ME2:

I'm learning things today

I think you could do that in all of the games. In ME3 you are in the club, start dancing crazy, and then pass out and wake up on the couch next to the Aria T'Loak (she shakes her head a two you disapprovingly).

Edit: nevermind. Thought you were talking about the wobblyness, not someone's face changing.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    For those at work:

If Shepard talks to Aethyta [in ME2] after becoming drunk, she will appear younger and have pink facial markings and lipstick.

• Options
    I think it's more that I just want to try out the weapons so I wasted a ton of resources just building things. Also while driving around saw the resource graphs going up and down and had nightmare flashbacks. I had 200 some crates from MP when I started which helped. I suppose if I can find a resource dealer, maybe I can just buy the things I'm missing.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I think it's more that I just want to try out the weapons so I wasted a ton of resources just building things. Also while driving around saw the resource graphs going up and down and had nightmare flashbacks. I had 200 some crates from MP when I started which helped. I suppose if I can find a resource dealer, maybe I can just buy the things I'm missing.
    The Cryo Pod rewards can get you research points and materials on regular intervals too. It's not a substantial amount every time, but it can build up.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I fired ME:A up again to try SP for the first time since my initial playthrough. I was intending to go full Adept as the hypotenuse of the Tech/Combat (but mostly Tech) build I used last time, but... woof. The three power limit feels particularly crippling here.

Is a full caster even viable in this game? Right now all my cooldowns are so slow that, even trying to focus on biotics as much as possible, I'm still using guns for the vast majority of my DPS. I might just respec back into Tech/Combat since I had a pretty good time with that before.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Terrendos wrote: »
    I fired ME:A up again to try SP for the first time since my initial playthrough. I was intending to go full Adept as the hypotenuse of the Tech/Combat (but mostly Tech) build I used last time, but... woof. The three power limit feels particularly crippling here.

Is a full caster even viable in this game? Right now all my cooldowns are so slow that, even trying to focus on biotics as much as possible, I'm still using guns for the vast majority of my DPS. I might just respec back into Tech/Combat since I had a pretty good time with that before.

You've got to build specifically for it and it requires a comparatively high amount of investment (if I'm remembering correctly). Early game you mainly spend shooting the shields off of things and then using powers on them, kind of like in ME2. Mid to late game is when you actually start feeling powerful.

Also part of the disparity is that Tech is broken as a class (and secretly has always been broken in every Mass Effect game, imo).

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    This video popped up in my Youtube recommendations as a Watch Again and I disappeared down a ME3 hole for a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhJJtyj6lks

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Curious, did Andromeda's MP turn out to have the legs of ME3's?

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Curious, did Andromeda's MP turn out to have the legs of ME3's?

Noooope. It got one DLC and then was thrown in the same hole as the single player DLC. Player counts were much lower too as far as I know.

• Options
    It was okay but I found ME3's MP to be vastly superior and more enjoyable. The maps seemed tiny by comparison.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The enemies weren't as fun to fight, the weapons weren't as fun to use, the abilities didn't feel as powerful...

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The enemies weren't as fun to fight, the weapons weren't as fun to use, the abilities didn't feel as powerful...

and the unlocks seemed to take longer.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    But jetpacking around everywhere all the time was incredible. If one thing from Andromeda deserves to surface again in a future Mass Effect game, it's jetpacks all the way.

• Options
    I don't think I ever climbed over anything so long as I had access to the jetpack.

Next version of mass effect does need to have the grabbing melee kill mechanic back though. That was something that was sorely missed in the single player and probably the multiplayer too, but I never played that.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Hearing someone playing a vorcha doing grab kills from across the map never got old.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Hearing someone playing a vorcha doing grab kills from across the map never got old.

Oh yeah, grab kills, that is one of the things Andromeda multiplayer was sadly missing. Along with the loss of hatesurfing, one of the things that made it less fun.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    I mean, the lack of grabs was part of them trying to encourage us being more mobile in how we played MP matches.

But they still forced us into cover with how quickly characters could be dropped by those enormous waves of enemies.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I actually played a couple of rounds of ME3MP last weekend and had no trouble at all finding groups. That game still has legs.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I mean, the lack of grabs was part of them trying to encourage us being more mobile in how we played MP matches.

But they still forced us into cover with how quickly characters could be dropped by those enormous waves of enemies.

Also I remember one of the balance changes making some enemies aim faster or do extra damage when you were out of cover? They wanted you mobile and out of cover but they were still balancing gameplay to hide behind cover.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    This is like the fourth sale in the past few months on the Bioware store, and almost every size of the standard N7 hoodie has been out of stock for all of them.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING BIOWARE.

Four months later, they still haven't restocked. I asked their support if it was discontinued, and they said they didn't know that or not but it wasn't on their list of upcoming restocks.

Bioware plz. :(

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I really hope not. Mines starting to fray :(

• Options
    The N7 Faux Leather Jacket makes me feel like a cool guy every time I wear it.

The fact that I have gotten a compliment from a stranger every single time I've worn it in public only further fills my head with this lie.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I wear N7 hoodies or jackets every chance I get, basically every season but Summer, and even then, a thin one comes out on a cool night. It's not every time, but depending on where I'm walking, I get a nod or a shout out probably once a week or so.

Working/living near a University and major shopping center certainly helps, but it's a nice reminder that there are millions of players out there.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I saw a lady with the N7 backpack and hoodie on. Her kid and husband didn't have anything on, so I could tell who was the fan in that household! I had to stop by and give my regards to Commander Shepard.

I regularly get compliments on my faux leather jacket as well, but not nearly as frequently as DarkPrimus.

The Relay necklace has also been noticed by a number of people who don't play the game and think it looks cool, which is interesting. And about half the people who recognize it think it's one of those plasma swords from Halo. Which, yeah, I guess it kinda looks like that too... :P

Orca on
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    I saw a lady with the N7 backpack and hoodie on. Her kid and husband didn't have anything on, so I could tell who was the fan in that household! I had to stop by and give my regards to Commander Shepard.

I regularly get compliments on my faux leather jacket as well, but not nearly as frequently as DarkPrimus.

The Relay necklace has also been noticed by a number of people who don't play the game and think it looks cool, which is interesting. And about half the people who recognize it think it's one of those plasma swords from Halo. Which, yeah, I guess it kinda looks like that too... :P

My sister made me a wire-wrapped "inspired by Mass Effect relays" pendant for Christmas one year; it's just the top half of the relay and the orb. Everyone I've shown it to immediately assumes it's an omni-tool blade. The consistency in design is pretty striking when the relay is reduced to it's basic shapes.

This discussion has been closed.