As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Speaking of rez, ns zombies being immune to execute is bs.
    The ability does say "This revive can't be prevented."

I still haven't found a good squad to dismantle the Mother-Z team. Been trying and failing a lot against them.

Documented bs is still bs.
    Well, Execute is kind of BS, too, but only against a team that can rez. There are lots of BS things in this game that only apply to specific teams. ZBarris is total bullshit, unless you either (a) never crit, or (b) crit so hard that her heal doesn't do shit against it and also have a bunch of hits against her before her next attack. I went against a ZHan last night that shot 3 primary fires in a row and destroyed my team. Wanted to throw my phone. It's all about matching lines.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I need to take a break from this game. I have been dangerously close to breaking my phone.

Ever since I hit level 50 it's been nothing but bullshit. In the arena none of my guys hit ANYONE. It's like people have a 50% chance to dodge with Chewbacca as their leader. Surprising nobody their attacks always fucking land. Then this fucking Boba Fett bullshit.

I did a 700 crystal pull today and got 12 medals for a character that I don't know. I feel like they are telling me to spend money because all of my problems will go away if I just spend the money.

When I reached the point where all of my opponents seemed to be fully loaded on mods I was pretty frustrated but with a bit of patience and a lot of Cantina Energy I outfitted my own people in mods and pushed past that point.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I need to take a break from this game. I have been dangerously close to breaking my phone.

Ever since I hit level 50 it's been nothing but bullshit. In the arena none of my guys hit ANYONE. It's like people have a 50% chance to dodge with Chewbacca as their leader. Surprising nobody their attacks always fucking land. Then this fucking Boba Fett bullshit.

I did a 700 crystal pull today and got 12 medals for a character that I don't know. I feel like they are telling me to spend money because all of my problems will go away if I just spend the money.
    What star level are your characters? If they are under your competition that's going to cause problems as that's a multiplier.

What are your gear levels? One gear level can be the equivalent of an entire star. This caused me a lot frustration early on because I didn't realize how important gear was and was always behind that curve.

What's your current arena team? Synergy can be a big thing but in some cases it can actually trip people up when they just need to put their best characters out on the field together.

Also mods can swing things big time. Try to maximize those for your arena toons.

Apostate on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Cool, 5 *'d Chimera.

Only had 4 rebel ships, but RNG was good.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yeah, took me a few tries, but I got 5* Chimera as well.

So far I have been unable to beat the level 6 Home One challenge. So I can't advance any further on Chimera. Their minimum requirements for those ship challenges are a total lie and completely unattainable.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »

So far I have been unable to beat the level 6 Home One challenge. So I can't advance any further on Chimera. Their minimum requirements for those ship challenges are a total lie and completely unattainable.
    Yeah, those 6-star challenges are way harder than the 7-star challenges. I wish they'd re-phrase the requirements, because they are horribly misleading. They aren't even a bare minimum.

• Options
    Lol, I beat 6-star Chimera, but I don't have the funds to increase the star level. I only have 1 rebel ship at 7-star, so 7-star Chimera will have to wait.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    For those who might be on the cusp, apparently the Home One challenge will return at the tail end of the Chimera event, so those of us who are at 90/100 will have an opportunity, if for one day.

Supposedly it was 'an oversight' but I'm prone to thinking 'we tried to pull a fast one and had to shuffle things when we got called out'. Originally, the Chimera event was supposed to end the day before Home One showed up, and while I haven't been tracking it, people on the forums have been claiming that the recent round of Capital Ship events wasn't in the same order as usual, indicating further fuckery.

I'm not 100% certain I'll be able to 7* either of them, but at least I'll have a shot at it, it seems.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Yeah, I was having troubles with the 6 * Home One, and one day I just breezed through it.

Didn't upgrade the ships/pilots.

This game is pretty fucking dumb, but it's Star Wars so here we are.

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

The difficulty on the home ship challenges vary wildly. I had the same issue where I just couldn't beat the lvl 6 challenge. Then one day, I decided to just auto it while doing something else. And it completed with no problems (with no upgrades to the crew/ships since my last failed attempts).

Also, those with mod issues; once you unlock the high tier mods, set aside time to get mods. I typically spend at least 1 weekend day to farm for mods. You need those character shards, but you also need mods. You'll thank yourself if you do this.

Also, don't forget to clear/sell your low tier mods once you have those higher tier ones. You're likely sitting on tons of credits in the form of largely unneeded mods.

Cobell on
  • Options
    I actually like holding onto the lower mods, in order to finish off sets that I don't have a full 'good' or even high Dot set for.

Sure, a 1 or 2 dot mod kind of sucks, but at least getting that set bonus is nice. I mean, unless I just ignore the set bonus and throw a random higher dot mod on there, but most of the completion bonuses are pretty solid.

But YMMV, and I'm not asserting it as fact, simply noting a small benefit, but I'm also not the kind to be eternally swapping my better sets around for events and whatnot, unless I'm really in a spot, so having as many characters as possible with a set (not even a good one, just a set in general) is something I kind of like.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular

I still haven't found a good squad to dismantle the Mother-Z team. Been trying and failing a lot against them.

Imperial Troopers are apparently the hard counter, but i imagine any team with AoE and healing would maybe do the job

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Dayspring wrote: »

Imperial Troopers are apparently the hard counter, but i imagine any team with AoE and healing would maybe do the job
    Good to note. Thanks, man!

• Options
    edited January 2018
    @urahonky Looks like you're spread out a lot. One thing I recommend is getting a Scoundrel squad together. They are a huge deal with the credit heist.

I'll look at your squad more tomorrow and see if I can give better tips, which is more fun than actually working.

Edit: Abandon the Lobot quest. He has no use. I recommend aiming to get Lando and ST Han built up, with Leia, Biggs, and Wedge. That'll be a good Rebel squad, with ST Han and Lando being used in the Scoundrel category as well. Lando is cantina 1E, so he's easy to obtain.

For DS, I got IG-88/86 and HK up early and that was pretty huge. 88 is also a Scoundrel/Bounty Hunter. Boba gives you 5 scoundrels, since you have Chewie already. 86 is easy to get shards on through Bronzium and DS 2F + cantina 4E. 88 and HK are from arena store, so alternate starring them up. Boba is in both cantina and fleet shops, plus multiple DS missions. Royal Guard is good for a very long time, so he's a sound DS tank for you.

Others may have some good suggestions, but I will say your arena team doesn't have any synergy, which may be what's killing you. Good synergy will destroy a better ranked team with stronger individual toons. My droid team is only 79k and can wipe out 89k teams because of synergy.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Troopers are super good at DS TB too, which is a nice bonus

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah I have Tarkin as my highest damage DS user but all of my Empire units are 2 star or lower so it's hard to build a team around them. I default to Chewbacca since his leader skill applies to all allies.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Can you do Galactic War yet? I forget what level it unlocks at.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Who decided to make an all bounty hunter node for dark side TB and filled it with cleansing rebels? Whoever you are, I hope you sit on your nuts the next time you drop into your office chair. It's a team built on thermal detonators against 8 guys with cleanse. Seriously, flop right on em.

• Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    Gawd, finally beat that cursed Home1 6* challenge. By autoing it for about 50 times.
    Such a horrible piece of crap..and the time I won I only lost one fighter. Stupid RNG piece of shit!

Sure glad that's out of the way finally.

• Options
    Oh thank the gods: a credit heist. And I snagged 7.5 million credits from it.....
    1497821885506.jpg

• Options
    @urahonky I thought of another good tip for you. This may sound kind of stupid, but I think it pays off when you're still trying to build your toon base. Don't use SIM tickets on LS/DS missions. Instead, try to actually battle them (even with auto on) and select an ally that offers 20 ally points. You'll get double the ally points for doing this, which means twice as many Bronzium packs, which means increased chances for shards or full characters. I used to do that all the time, and I found it beneficial. With some good RNG luck, I can go through 7,500+ ally points and get 25+ character shards.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I also got 7.5million credits today. It went into my fat pile of credits. Currently sitting on 46million after today's heists.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I also got 7.5million credits today. It went into my fat pile of credits. Currently sitting on 46million after today's heists.
    ...you son of a bitch (in the nicest way possible, of course)

I'm back down to sub 500k

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I got 4 million. :mad:

edit: and now I have 98k.

mcp on
  • Options
    5 million for me today.

FYI, there's a bug in the game that is allowing people with fewer than five 7* rebel ships to complete the 7* Chimera event. Meaning that those of you fighting for top slots in the fleet arena (I am not one of them) might see an uptick in competition, or at least one larger than would naturally appear from people completing the event as intended.

• Options
    I would caution against anyone using said bug, as it is a violation of the EULA; players have been suspended/banned for doing that. Also feel free to report users who exploit it, if you're the type that likes to police in-game morale.

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    5 million for me today.

FYI, there's a bug in the game that is allowing people with fewer than five 7* rebel ships to complete the 7* Chimera event. Meaning that those of you fighting for top slots in the fleet arena (I am not one of them) might see an uptick in competition, or at least one larger than would naturally appear from people completing the event as intended.

Was the bug fixed? I was able to unlock the Chimera during this event to 6 stars but I'm missing a capital ship and 1 other ship at 7* to get him there.

On the other end, one more even and my Tarkin star destroyer will be 7* so I'll probably keep using him. Although I was able to get the chimera to lvl 85 quiclky, suprisingly, I rant out of materials to level up its different abilities so.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    @urahonky I thought of another good tip for you. This may sound kind of stupid, but I think it pays off when you're still trying to build your toon base. Don't use SIM tickets on LS/DS missions. Instead, try to actually battle them (even with auto on) and select an ally that offers 20 ally points. You'll get double the ally points for doing this, which means twice as many Bronzium packs, which means increased chances for shards or full characters. I used to do that all the time, and I found it beneficial. With some good RNG luck, I can go through 7,500+ ally points and get 25+ character shards.

Oh I didn't even think about that. I use the tickets if I have a bunch of energy I have to burn and I don't have time to go through the motions of the fight.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    urahonky I thought of another good tip for you. This may sound kind of stupid, but I think it pays off when you're still trying to build your toon base. Don't use SIM tickets on LS/DS missions. Instead, try to actually battle them (even with auto on) and select an ally that offers 20 ally points. You'll get double the ally points for doing this, which means twice as many Bronzium packs, which means increased chances for shards or full characters. I used to do that all the time, and I found it beneficial. With some good RNG luck, I can go through 7,500+ ally points and get 25+ character shards.

Oh I didn't even think about that. I use the tickets if I have a bunch of energy I have to burn and I don't have time to go through the motions of the fight.
    I used to set it to auto-battle while at work. Few minutes later, check the phone, set another to go, repeat.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    I would caution against anyone using said bug, as it is a violation of the EULA; players have been suspended/banned for doing that. Also feel free to report users who exploit it, if you're the type that likes to police in-game morale.
    Apparently, CG said they'd let it slide.

I didn't event think of it being a bug when I unlocked it at 5* with 4 ships.

• Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    Especially as the info you get is wonky as fuck. I got Akkbar, Wedge, Biggs and the Ghost - and it shows as 3/6

• Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    That's cuz the Ghost is a ghost.....

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Geez, last credit heist I was getting 3 stars. Today, I've barely been able to beat it once, even though I've made upgrades to my heist team since last round.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Geez, last credit heist I was getting 3 stars. Today, I've barely been able to beat it once, even though I've made upgrades to my heist team since last round.
    What is your team and who is the lead?

• Options
    Yeah, be sure to double check the order of the characters. It'll take your top five and slot them in however it damned well pleases (I think it's highest power to lowest, but that's off the cuff, I could be wrong, it's definitely not the same setup you had before), meaning you might not have a leader in the leader slot, or one you didn't want.

• Options

Fett, CW chewie, dengar, vhan, vchewie.

But apparently I just suck. I auto'd and cleared it on my first turn.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    My Phoenix squad just auto'd through an entire gw table... But can't finish 6* Thrawn. I've got 4 more days of gearing up to hopefully get there.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    From what I've read, along with personal experience, Thrawn is *very* RNG heavy.

I'd auto most of the first 3 waves (I believe it's 4?) with basics only, then take control to finish off the second last wave and actually engage Thrawn himself.

It's a very tough fight, sometimes things line up well and you come out ahead, sometimes it's a mess and nothing goes your way.

I did some google surfing to find suggestions, but managed it with a Gear 10 Chopper and the rest at Gear 8 or so (Chopper was more based on having the stuff on hand rather than a dedicated goal of bumping him up substantially).

People talk about auto'ing dozens of times to get it right, so don't be too disheartened if it's taking a while. I missed him the first round and the second took a LOT of attempts.

• Options
    I tried to 7-star Thrawn over 20 times and couldn't do it. With only a couple of hours left in the event, I said fuck it and took someone's advice of setting it to auto, then started cooking. 20 minutes later, I check my phone and found out I beat it. It's totally RNG-dependent.

• Options

Fett, CW chewie, dengar, vhan, vchewie.

But apparently I just suck. I auto'd and cleared it on my first turn.
    Do you have IG-88 and Cad Bane? 88 is a powerful glass cannon with AOE and tons of debuffs. Bane has a stun and chance to double-attack.

I run Fett (L), 88, Bane, Raid Han, Dengar, and Greedo. What I do for strategy is:
    • 1st round, just power through it
    • 2nd round, totally ignore the "main" target, as he's insanely slow. Take out the other folks and use the main target to get rid of any CDs so you're ready for the main fight
    • 3rd round, stun the boss, take out the other targets with 88 and Fett AOEs, then hyperfocus the boss.

Rain Han's initial stun will keep the boss in check for a turn. When it expires, either Bane can stun or Dengar can if the target has 50+% TM. Keeping him out of the fight while you take out the others is critical, as he hits really hard and has decent speed.

For a while, I was using Bane as lead, since his team evade bonus (+ TM bonus when evading) was kind of key for me until I got my Scoundrels stronger. Hope some of this helps.