Options

[Puzzle & Dragons] Not-At-All Equivalent Exchange: Fullmetal Alchemist Collab

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    I can farm Linthia co-op with Brachys (ra inherit), 3 Zeus-Dios, Canopus!

I'm so pumped. I need so many woodpys. I'm going to get as many as I can carry, because then I can also trade the woodpys for other colors later on. Gamechanger!

Any reason to max skill a Linthia? Don't want them poison orbs for any of my teams...

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Might be good for Ronove since his skill changes poison to green and is very low CD, plus he has a rainbow cross team so it's basically a Dkali board with emphasis on green orbs.

• Options
    No Ronove, but I'll just work on skilling one up while farming pys...I mean...why not?

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    One thing I don't get is what determines how much a card levels up in special dungeons. I'm faming Volsung with a Tardis team, and the two Tardi and the two Balboas only ever get to like level 60. Everyone else gets max'd.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    It's based on how many stars the cards has. The more stars, the more XP is needed to level them in the dungeons where everyone starts at lvl 1.
    Tardis and Balboa have 7 stars. It sounds like your other cards have less, since they level faster.

Zeus-Dios has 8, so he levels slower...

Fiskebent on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fiskebent wrote: »
    It's based on how many stars the cards has. The more stars, the more XP is needed to level them in the dungeons where everyone starts at lvl 1.
    Tardis and Balboa have 7 stars. It sounds like your other cards have less, since they level faster.

Zeus-Dios has 8, so he levels slower...

But I have Awoken Michael, Kaede, Awoken Artemis, FUA Verdandi, etcs in the mix too.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    It's actually based on team cost, not stars. The higher the cost, the slower they level. If memory serves, there's a sharp drop in leveling speed after 35 cost or so.

Also, I think cards get a same-color exp bonus, so if you end up killing a bunch of green stuff your green cards will level faster, etc.

• Options
    That makes a lot more sense. It's funny, looking at my team the cards cost 35, 40, 50, 60, 70.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Is there a way to get some skillups besides buying Tamaras from the monster store or double fusing? Or is there a better way to get Tamaras? I have a whole Demon team I need to awaken skills for

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    5mil will get you tamadra village coin dungeon for an hour
    S-ranking special dungeons will also get a tamadra

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Remember, skillups are not the same as awakenings. Just for clarification since they are very different, both important, and utilize different resources. (Tamadras/dupes vs. Pys/Tans+skill-up fodder). If that doesn't make sense, can clarify :)

Skill-ups lower the cooldown of your monster's skills, allowing you to use them quicker and more often. Tamadras add awakenings (the icons on the right) which enhance the innate strength of your units.

Monster points are better saved for rarer stuff than Tamadras. Like, right now we get a free Tamadra every day and sometimes there are PAL machine events to pull tamadras. Also, Tamadra Infestation comes around as a rogue dungeon regularly, and you can buy it as a coin dungeon as an expensive option. They also show up in daily dragon dungeons, rarely.

I do not have a great Z8 team but need so many badpys. I am doing Revo Neptune paired with either Dark Athena or another Revo Neptune. I will get a handful of pys at least. I miss that co-op Alb/Brachys farm like I did with Linthia, but that was a super easy team to make.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Is there a way to get some skillups besides buying Tamaras from the monster store or double fusing? Or is there a better way to get Tamaras? I have a whole Demon team I need to awaken skills for

Do you mean Pys?

• Options
    These Rogue py invades have allowed me to max skill:

Revo Meimei
    Revo Kushi
    Revo Freyja
    Revo Astaroth
    Awoken Okuni
    Revo Orochi
    2 Revo Haku
    Revo Yomi
    Sherias Roots
    Awoken Ra
    Ana Valk
    Awoken Amateratsu
    Unawoken Indra (reg skillup mats)
    Grape Dragon (reg skillup mats)

Still have like 40 woodpys, 19 flampys, 12 badpys, and will build up a huge cache of shynpys tonight still. Wasnt able to get bubpys really, but can now trade for em.

I also have 2max skill Linthias and a max skill Nordis. And a decently-skilled Gaianaut. Not sure what if anything to do with them, but I have them, hehe.

What a great event!

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Dangit...I fell asleep last night before doing the 4 or less Zeus Vulcan challenge. Haha, I had done the 2/3 less ones...but not the 4. I hate missing out on free stones!

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    *Notice from the Puzzle & Dragons Team*
    Apple has recently announced changes to its developer agreement which require rates for “loot boxes” to be displayed. Puzzle & Dragons will comply with the changes by displaying the Rare Egg Machine rates across all platforms (iOS, Android, and Kindle).
    Egg Machines that do not consume Magic Stones (including the Pal Egg Machine and Egg Machines accessed via in-game mail) are unaffected.
    The rate display will arrive with the next update.
    We greatly appreciate your patience and thank you for playing Puzzle & Dragons.

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    It's happening oh my God.

Edit: Thread title updated

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    About time. All the other gachas have only been doing it for several years now.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    About time. All the other gachas have only been doing it for several years now.

A dubious claim when tons of console/PC games have similar systems and dont disclose their odds.

• Options
    They are going to have to soon though.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Monster hunter returning with turning the monsters into equips because of course

There was an update... are the odds visible now? I couldn’t find them

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Monster hunter returning with turning the monsters into equips because of course

There was an update... are the odds visible now? I couldn’t find them

They are, click lineup.

Latent slot increase does not require +297 any more.

Android 8.1 support is in.

There's an extremely good guide for PAD up on PDX now, I may replace a significant part of the OP with it.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    Ah, I totally overlooked it

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Walked into +297 Hera blind and had no issues. Checked PDX and she has 35M up.

My goodness my God Killer Latent Enra is busted. The power creep is real.

• Options
    Same and also certainly because of enra

God killer awakenings huh - I can never settle on what to use

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Same and also certainly because of enra

God killer awakenings huh - I can never settle on what to use

I figure she's already going to be a liability against Sopdet if I 7c, so I may as well make it so any God in my way without absorb doesn't stand a chance.

• Options
    Free roll: Valphalk
    Second roll: Amatsu

Fucking what

I'm done

• Options
    Something really frustrating has been happening lately with REM pulls. I have two accounts, so I'm usually doing them one after the other. I get so many dupes. Both accounts will get the exact same monster for the free pulls, and if I keep going 2 of the 3 or 4 pulls I do will be the same.

I'm really starting to think they've added a "seed" to the RNG. Maybe around the time they started doing "boosted rates for x today!"

Today's pulls: Main Rathios, Rathios, Bracydios. Alt Rathios, Kirin, Kirin

• Options
    Pulled once more: Nergigante

So two 7 stars and a 6 star.

So that's where all my luck went to...

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    On the last god fest I pulled Dantalion and Janna but I have no idea what to evolve them into.

• Options
    I hop there’s something worthwhile to pull for soon...

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I can't clear these last few quest dungeons with my braindead Ilm team. I think I need the new OPness

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Made it to floor 19 of the one shot dungeon with Anubis x Diablos, easy because one of the floors gives you an extreme move time buff. Board changed to remove all dark so I could kill the boss without triggering absorb.

So of course I got 2 skyfall dark combos, and they used their instant kill the next turn

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Someone asked while back about getting enough MP for buying high level monster from the store.

If you are still short then you should definitely do the level 1 of the Feb challenge. You will get 300k MP when you beat it.

• Options
    AhiMahi wrote: »
    Someone asked while back about getting enough MP for buying high level monster from the store.

If you are still short then you should definitely do the level 1 of the Feb challenge. You will get 300k MP when you beat it.

That would put me above the cap :'D

• Options
    Does it max out at 999,999
    This has become important for me to know

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Feel like i should use it on Odindragon, especially since got a free Gaia dragon from Khepri. Lots of mats to gather tho...

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Guys, the cap is like 10 million now.

• Options
    akjak wrote: »
    Guys, the cap is like 10 million now.

Really? Holy shit.

• Options
    How could you possibly have that much MP?

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Actually farming for it I guess

CD World Tour status: