[Chat] Fried Chicken

1939495969799»

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Looks like I'm just in time for the anime

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Witcher 3 feels unlike other open world games in that it feels like you're not supposed to do everything. If you do you are horribly over-levelled and can tank basically everything you come across.

Fallout 4 says, "Hello."

• Options
    tumblr_p2za2xRg8t1s8dszmo2_r1_400.jpg

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I really respect the ET 2600 game. It's badness came from trying to do too much in many ways.

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    I really respect the ET 2600 game. It's badness came from trying to do too much in many ways.

It's badness came from not being any fun to play. Instead of five or six mini-games with an ET theme, you're falling in random holes and being forced inside the Parthenon by government agents.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Tossin' out a post on page 100 'cause I'm all about that "making the next [chat] about my butt" life

• Options
    It is kind of amazing what a game like Indiana Jones on the Atari 2600 tried to do. The 2600 controller was not built for inventories and other now expected stuff. It really shows when trying to play that game now.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Tossin' out a post on page 100 'cause I'm all about that "making the next [chat] about my butt" life

Aren't all chats about butts at some point?

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I am skipping the anime meetup. It is supposed to be icy.
    The dubs vs subs camps are engaged in a bitter Cold War

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

It's badness came from not being any fun to play. Instead of five or six mini-games with an ET theme, you're falling in random holes and being forced inside the Parthenon by government agents.

Right. The developer tried to do something that would be hard to do well and did it poorly instead of ET themed ripoffs of some single screen games.

• Options
    tumblr_inline_p2xulqarDs1vtqk0m_500.png

• Options
    edited February 2018
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Aren't all chats about butts at some point?

This gon' be 'bout my butt, specifically

We gon' get into details

Measurements, adjectives

Maybe a picture or two

Tastefully done, of course

Leave a little mystery, keep 'em wanting more, you know

BeNarwhal on
  • Options
    Our Canadian boys are real good at snowboarding down a hill and doing flips while doing so

It looks challenging but they seem pretty good at it

• Options
    The E.T. game was rushed to market so it would be ready in time for the film’s release. That’s why it’s so

Phoned in

• Options

Right. The developer tried to do something that would be hard to do well and did it poorly instead of ET themed ripoffs of some single screen games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajJXapRHPNs
    Admit it - you respect the ET game because it ruined Christmas that year.

• Options
    The player controls Indiana Jones as he searches for the lost Ark of the Covenant. The game requires the player to use two different controllers: controller 2 moves Jones and its button uses an item; controller 1 selects the item to use and its button drops the item. This control scheme anticipated later game controllers with more buttons and games where buttons would allow the player to switch items without interrupting gameplay.
    This game was not considered awful somehow.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    The E.T. game was rushed to market so it would be ready in time for the film’s release. That’s why it’s so

Phoned in
    mods

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options

You think those children mostly didn't gobble up the game like how most children played tons of godawful games when they were tiny?

• Options
    I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Goldeneye is one of the few tie-in games to ever get any cultural cache and is also one of the few that was not rushed out to match the film’s release.

The game came out almost two years after the movie

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I made the mistake of having dessert last night so now I want dessert for lunch and then every meal ever

• Options
    You think those children mostly didn't gobble up the game like how most children played tons of godawful games when they were tiny?

Clearly they didn't.
    evfsatuvbwcc.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2018
    64ywjenn8ieh.png
    I like to imagine they made Close Combat 4 without realizing they hadn't made Close Combat 3 so rushed to make Close Combat 3 and release it the next year instead of this just being a weird dating situation resulting from game of the year stuff.

Couscous on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    as a butt,

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

They all got burned by Pac-Man, and it was way too soon to pull that shit again.

• Options
    I could never figure out how to play Indiana Jones for the Atari 2600 as a kid because we didn’t have the instruction manual for it

It never occurred to me to try using two controllers at once

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    it was cereal milk white hot chocolate and a cookie :3

• Options

Clearly they didn't.
    evfsatuvbwcc.jpg

The game was one of the best selling Atari games. It sold 1.5 million units. It turns out that produced over 5 million cartridges was a really bad idea when the install base was 20 million and the number of units in active use was potentially lower than the number of cartridges produced.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 3

@Couscous will create the new thread
    @P10 is backup

This discussion has been closed.