As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I love how the radome/cannon shield/lance design from Metal Gear Rex is now a standard mecha thing.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    now to be fair, the zeta plus predates rex by about ten years

but yoji's mecha designs have still been plenty iconic/influential in their own right

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I'm bummed I missed out on the Zeta Plus C1 P-Bandai kit

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

I recommend the Master Grade Zeta Plus C1 (and A1). It looks good, poses really well, and while the transformation is finicky in the waist area it's not that complicated and is solid once transformed. The only complaint I have against it is that it pre-dates the Action Base 1, so there's no connector in either mode. This means you can't easily get it up in the air when in Waverider.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I haven’t done any gunpla for a while.

I’m going to rectify this error tonight, I have an Origins Guntank to make and a MG Exia.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

I recommend the Master Grade Zeta Plus C1 (and A1). It looks good, poses really well, and while the transformation is finicky in the waist area it's not that complicated and is solid once transformed. The only complaint I have against it is that it pre-dates the Action Base 1, so there's no connector in either mode. This means you can't easily get it up in the air when in Waverider.
    Appreciated but I’m not a MG person

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I'm definitely getting the tiltrotor pack add-on

ESKQAEt.jpg

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    QhkH0hqh.jpg?1

Gotta say these are the prettiest sprues i've ever seen.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Another successful under $40 trip to the shop by the office.

I am going to do my best to keep this streak alive!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

HG Pacific Rim kits incoming

Gypsy Avenger is able to fit an LED unit for the chest opening!

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Oh shit!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Is it 1/144?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Its size is given as 150mm rather than a scale, far as I can tell

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I can't believe they are finally updating my beautiful boy grimoire

• Options
    Huh, guess they took the tweet and the preview site down for some reason. Anyway, found the pics hosted elsewhere:

7H1jlmT.jpg
    MwT5fs7.jpg
    fmoQOlg.jpg

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    They had AT-AT models.

My strength knows no bounds.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Oh man. Oh man. I could fuck with an AT-AT plastic kit.

Oh man.

• Options
    Oh man. Oh man. I could fuck with an AT-AT plastic kit.

Oh man.

I think it would chafe.

• Options
    They also had EVA kits.

So strong.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    They also had EVA kits.

So strong.

Your arms are so strong from carrying them all back to your car with you?

• Options
    No, they didn't have an 001 in stock. I mean, I am a fan of the 009 design and slick look, but I got this instead.
    rba0mag04wte.jpg
    This is going to start becoming a problem. I need to limit myself to not buying new kits until I have the last one painted.

Yeah, right.

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    I'm super hype about the new Build Divers stuff. I'm a fan of Build Fighters and really like the premise, and also the really cool kits that come out of it.

So here are the pics of the Mega Size RX78-2. This thing is massive compared to the 1/144 RG Gundam. It's also very sturdy. It was a simple build but still fun. The elbows and knees only have about a 90 degree range of motion, but the joints are very sturdy. It only comes with two sets of hands, a left and right that can hold both the beam rifle and the beam sabers and a set of fists. The shield is also able to be attached to either the left or right arm. The attachment adapter for the shield also allows it to be positioned on the outside or the back of either arm or on the back. Since it came with a Gundam marker I decided to do a little panel lining. Eventually I'll put one of the sets of waterslides it came with, most likely the Dengeki ones rather than the default ones.

I would love to see even more 1/48 scale Gundam designs made though right now IIRC there are: Zaku II, Char's Zaku II, one or two of the AGE Gundams, and the Unicorn. I may end up getting some other 1/48 scale models (vehicles and people) to put with it in a small display or something.
    yxm61e99ghva.jpg
    l7x0upvny59h.jpg
    jhe1oz1beqsx.jpg
    y9gc63glwnj6.jpg
    92qp8q7kn6ln.jpg
    12jizongm0ag.jpg
    82utdae7kage.jpg

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Look at that big robot boy, holy cow.

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    It's awesome. It also seems like it would be relatively kid friendly as far as play. It seems really sturdy. At $75-$100 a pop they aren't exactly wallet friendly unfortunately. Though I would be willing to drop that kind of cash on the Zaku. I wouldn't even think twice about spending it on a Guncannon, Dom, or Rick Dom.

• Options
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    It's awesome. It also seems like it would be relatively kid friendly as far as play. It seems really sturdy. At $75-$100 a pop they aren't exactly wallet friendly unfortunately. Though I would be willing to drop that kind of cash on the Zaku. I wouldn't even think twice about spending it on a Guncannon, Dom, or Rick Dom.

If you're gonna get a Zaku, get the standard Zaku II. Char's version comes with more waterslides for Char's markings, but doesn't have the bazooka.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Finally got around to watching the build fighter diver episode.

I NEED to get me that Grimoire Red Beret.

• Options
    Releasing in April for 6 bucks

haropla01_green_01m-500x500.jpg
    haropla01_green_05-500x500.jpg
    haropla01_green_03-500x500.jpg
    haropla01_green_06-500x500.jpg

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    OH GOD

PUT IT BACK

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    OH GOD

PUT IT BACK

Amuro

A
    mu
    ro

• Options
    raw nerves, amuro! exposed to the world, amuro!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    raw nerves, amuro! exposed to the world, amuro!

you promised me flesh

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    There are a couple other color variants, and they all have the same puzzle piece base, so you can lock them together.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    06ffivljh1oa.png

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    The design for the new VF-31 Armored is out for the new Macross Delta movie.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    i

love

n-gon shaped missile pods

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    I both /want/ to make a model kit of that, and /don't want/ to make a model kit of that Armored VF-31...

• Options
    I both /want/ to make a model kit of that, and /don't want/ to make a model kit of that Armored VF-31...

I built the VF25 Messiah with the armor upgrade pack. The main kit was good but very, very sensitive to part adjustments. The transformation is super finicky. It's rock solid but you have to get everything juuuuust so for it to fit together properly. Adding the armor parts, however, made it so back heavy that it will only ever be displayed in ship mode. It cannot stand up well with the parts on, and the action base connector which is great for the base kit cannot hold the kit in any mode with all of the extra weight on it.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    I had heard the Chogokin renewal sets were amazing, but now you can only find them for like $700.

The fact I'm still tempted should tell you a little about how badly I desire an Armored VF-25.

3cyougoukin_armored004.jpg

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Aren't Chokogin more like toys rather than model kits?

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.