Options

[FFRK] An honest to goodness Global collab with Kingdom Hearts! 2/22

1929394959698»

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Imperil is surprisingly powerful in Magicite.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Yeah, I wrote imperil off in 3* for the most part, but when you're at the point of doing a bunch of math to figure out whether you're physically capable of doing a million damage every little bit helps.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    I haven't tried Ixion myself yet, but I had thought the consensus was bringing a Support just for Breaks was a trap. It's probably decent to bring an Earth DPS that just happens to apply some level of mitigation Breaking, but I don't know that I'd pull specifically for that. I certainly wouldn't gem for it.

I tried it with Vaan BSB, Mug Bloodlust, Magic Breakdown, Full Break, Power Breakdown

-Mag/-Def
    -Mag
    -Atk/-Mag/-Def/-Res
    -Atk/-Mag
    -Atk

and his Ysh BSB could not keep up with the healing. The damage wasn't significantly lower at all really.

I struggle to imagine how many breaks you would need to make the damage reasonable with one healer. And even if you do get to that point, where do you slot damage?
    Huh. Thanks for the data. Do you have any sense of how much/little the damage dropped? Do you have an alternate run where you did no breaks but all the defense stuff was the same and you can compare numbers?

Is it possible that it's just in no circumstances can Y'sh BSB solo heal it anyway so it doesn't matter? A USB Blink healer with Curada might have a chance in the same conditions?
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Subsequent Marilith runs have gotten as far down as a 47:44 mastery, which I think is very respectable for no USBs or chain. I might be able to get a sub-45 eventually, but if it turns out to require an extra Chain Waterga or Ogopogo hone then it's not worth it.

The Rydia BSB2 does turn out to be worth it regardless of whether or not I value the ether; I lose like 15k per OSB if I don't do it.
    FWIW, with USBs but no Chain the best I've done so far is 42s~

I'm not sure it's doable to go sub30 without some form of the god combo of Tidus Chain+USB+LD or an asston of ninja hones and Edge/Yuffie dives.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'll try that the next time I play. To be honest I haven't really done much other than logon since Saturday.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    What the absolute shit?

I just saw Savage Jet Fire kill Relm, from full health, under a (damaged?) bubble, with the Blaze Armlet... and Bismarck's Fire Blink effect.

The first 3 effects not saving her is depressing enough, but what the hell happened with Bismarck? That shouldn't have even happened, unless Savage Jet Fire doesn't actually do Fire damage?

*research*

...oh my god. So that's what happened. Fire Resistance was the worst possible thing I could've given Relm. Savage Jet Fire is Fire/Wind damage. And as we know, multi-elemental attacks use the element that does the most damage. Meaning that equipping the Blaze Armlet to Relm and boosting her Fire resistance made it swap to Wind damage for her alone, and completely bypass Bismarck. Fucking hell, that's the worst.

Yeah, if you're already packing fire resist on your magicites then wear wind resist gear, and vice versa.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    If you give everyone wind resistance and put a Bismarck shield up, will it negate the damage because on paper fire damage should be doing more than wind? Or does it take into account damage negation shields like Bismarck?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Yes, if you would, without Bismarck's shield, be taking Fire damage (because your Fire resistance is lower than your Wind resistance), then the fire barrier will kick in and negate the incoming damage. But if your Fire resistance is higher than your Wind resistance, the attack will hit as a Wind attack and bypass the Fire shield.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hooray, retooled team killed Marilith, and about 10 seconds faster than the previous set-up to boot. Lost a medal to actions taken, which surprised me, but I guess since Onion Knight chained his EX modes he was running near instant cast times by the end of the fight, and Aphmau was feeding everyone instant-cast as well.

The New Squad:
    Edge R3 Water Ninja skills (SSB) +NIN damage
    Onion Knight Wrath/Entrust (pUSB) DMT
    Aphmau Curada/Shellga (USB) MM
    Tidus Lifesiphon/Sapphire Shot (CSB) +DMG
    Paine Lifesiphon/Quadstrike (USB) +DMG
    RW: Wall
    Magicite: Enki

Edge called Wall, then did Ninja things until his SSB was up, then popped it. He went back to Ninja things, and popped his SSB whenever anyone's Last Stand triggered. Onion Knight put up his pUSB, and then Wrathed until ~19s, at which time he reapplied his pUSB before EX mode fell off. Then he Wrathed a bit more, and Entrusted Aphmau almost two bars. From then on he fed Paine bars, so she could call her USB entry for ~75k-100k, depending on crits. Aphmau healed like crazy. Timing her USBs before casting SBs, RW, and Magicite was key, and something I can improve on. Tidus LS'ed into the Chain, then mostly spammed Sapphire Shot. It was doing pretty pitiful damage though, without any self-buffs. He reapplied the Chain as needed. Paine LS'ed into her USB, then Quadstrikes unless her USB was up, in which case wait for Instant or Quickcast to power it out. She did the lion's share of damage.

All the DPS were out of hones by the end. Killing it faster via w-casts from Legend Dives might prevent me from having to R4 all their DPS abilities.

Ideally speaking, Yuffie works her way back in, since Edge SSB is a crutch, but realistically speaking Aphmau would need to be Legend Dived for the extra healing. Tidus died because Aphmau's USB didn't heal him enough out of Guts range, and he died to the third Savage Firaga. Aphmau is a good half Legend Dive candidate.

Learning how much to Wrath, as well as Who and When to Entrust, seems like the key to figuring this out. Maybe getting to a point where I'm comfortable with incoming damage and can run Kraken as my main Magicite.

Or maybe my killing it on the first try with this party was a fluke. That would suck a lot.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    FF14-2 100 gems: 3* yawn

Data for posterity:
    3 misses in a row

23/213 lifetime

4/53 this batch

9/65 last batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Looks like we're getting 10 Mythril for Valentine's Day as login bonuses?

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Official names are out:
    UOSB -> Arcane Overstrike
    Flash Art -> Glint

That's kind of a wash.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    We are! A 10 mythril gift today just happened. So that's nice.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Official names are out:
    UOSB -> Arcane Overstrike
    Flash Art -> Glint

That's kind of a wash.

Arcane Overstrike is so fuckin' random. Is there something about the English definition of Ultra that's unusable here? Probably they don't want them confused with Ultra SBs?

Flash -> Glint misses the context in translation so thoroughly that it's actually kind of funny.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I like Arcane Overstrike, since it avoids some confusion about mixing them up with USBs. Glint is definitely a downgrade from Flash, but I don't really care.

Now I continue to eagerly await the KH event details.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    With the reveal that keyblades will be a separate weapon type, I hope to god that Riku and Sora can both use swords

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    With the reveal that keyblades will be a separate weapon type, I hope to god that Riku and Sora can both use swords

Or let anyone who appeared in KH have keyblade access.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »

Or let anyone who appeared in KH have keyblade access.

Plus Reno.

This discussion has been closed.