As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    do want

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

It's certainly pretty, what is it?

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    a model of Ikaruga, of shmup fame

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    see317 wrote: »

It's certainly pretty, what is it?

The player's spaceship from legendary top-down shoot-em-up Ikaruga, by Treasure.

Edit 1: You know how they used to make toys that changed color? They should've made the model out of that so you could switch polarities like in the game.

Edit 2: Oh hey, not only do they have the Ikaruga in black as well, but they also have models of the player 2 ship, which I guess is called the "Ginkei".

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Heh, yeah, I was about to say "You guys know they made more than one model for Ikaruga, right?" I actually have the black one sitting in my backlog.

If you've never built Kotobukiya before they're a bit different than Bandai and you might care to know that beforehand. The plastic isn't as rigid, the kits tend to come out a smaller scale, and you'll find no inner frame sorts of engineering - they're very much models in the more typical "finished product" sense. But that said, they're far from bad. Even some nice considerations here and there (the Raftclans Auren I have on the go came with the eye piece pre-darkened in the recess, for example, making that very friendly for beginners or people who just don't ever paint). Just, don't expect things to be quite as crazy-good value as Bandai is all I'm saying. Tempered expectations et al~

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Good lord a functioning open hatch built

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I just found out that there's an entire store in Little Tokyo that just sells gunpla and action figures. They even got Tamiya WWII minis and some of the Gundam Hard Graph line of models and some Maschinen Kreiger and . . . Man, this could get real bad.

I want me a Zaku, goddamnit.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Jungle? yeah, that place rocks. wish i lived over there but it's probably easier on my wallet that i don't

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I resisted the urge to drop a bunch of money on miniatures and instead bought, like twenty dollars worth of hamster stuff. HMU when this thread is about Hampla.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Make a Zaku out of hamster tubes

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    man I love super veritechs

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    Make a Zaku out of hamster tubes
    . . . Go on.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I haven't watched Iron Blooded Orphans but it's got some real cool looking mobile suits

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    One my car situation is squared away, I'm probably going to go on a buying spree of model kits.

I was wondering: Are there Veritech models at the same fidelity/complexity as higher-grade Gundam models? I got into all this with 1/72 HMM Zoids models, but somehow I suspect I won't find gundams in that scale. But if I can find veritechs in that, that can transform or be armed or all that, I'd be in heaven.

I shouldn't have looked at prices of the Yamato models I wanted like 15 years ago. They be expensive now.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I just found out that there's an entire store in Little Tokyo that just sells gunpla and action figures. They even got Tamiya WWII minis and some of the Gundam Hard Graph line of models and some Maschinen Kreiger and . . . Man, this could get real bad.

I want me a Zaku, goddamnit.

There is also a really good store in Burbank that has amazing paint selection, Burbank House of Hobbies.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    oh man oh man

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    rad rad rad

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hmm, yes, agreed

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    t451eQP.jpg

ANIME Zaku I is damn solid. There's not a single nub mark on the entire figure (which is rare for an RD) and it comes with a bunch of great effects. I also got the ANIME GM Sniper Custom which I am just giddy about. It looks so damn good. I'll have some pics of that too once I get my lightbox back up and running.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    That Zaku I is looking nice. Is there a date for the Alex RD yet?

The Zaku I was always one of my favorite MSiA releases. I liked the Zaku II version 1 (which is why I have a handful of them, along with the Zaku Is) but the Zaku I was a great release. It came with more weapons and I always liked the default color scheme.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    That Zaku I is looking nice. Is there a date for the Alex RD yet?

The Zaku I was always one of my favorite MSiA releases. I liked the Zaku II version 1 (which is why I have a handful of them, along with the Zaku Is) but the Zaku I was a great release. It came with more weapons and I always liked the default color scheme.

The Alex releases in April:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-035164

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    When the fuck is woundwort

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    unfortunately, it may be that the woundwort we saw may never make it out of the prototype stage..

also i tried digging into my build backlog tonight!

(to recap, i've had this kit for like 10+ years, tried building it as my first 'let's get back into building gunpla' gunpla, was stopped when i found two runners got lost in the shuffle way back when, eventually found those missing runners, but misplaced the polycaps while it was sitting unfinished in the meantime. but at least THOSE are easily replaceable/scavengeable if they don't turn up)

also i got one of the svelte Build Fighters GM/GMs, which i might insert into the middle of the queue so i don't get sick of Guncannons

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    exceed-model-gundam-head.jpg

Oh hey we are getting Exceed gundam heads

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    P-Bandai MG Advanced Hazel coming in May

MG-ADVANCED-HAZEL%2B%25281%2529.jpg

• Options
    m3sm0sN.jpg

hnnnnng

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    TWyIB33.jpg?1
    INtFCue.jpg?1

Been working on my Grimey Boi

Gonna try to add a LED tomorrow

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    P-Bandai MG Advanced Hazel coming in May

MG-ADVANCED-HAZEL%2B%25281%2529.jpg

I still want the regular Hazel, he is a gud chunky boi. But P-Bandai so hard to come by D:

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    How have you all stored and transported gunpla when moving house?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

You can just climb in them and pilot them to your new house. It can take a while if you have a large collection, but it's cheaper than trying to load them all up on trucks and shipping them...

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I just threw mine in a storage bin, unless you’re riding off-road they should be fine

I would bubble wrap painted models, though

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    So, I just got back up from Japan bringing home with me my first, and a bunch of, gunpla. Assuming I love building them and want more, what is the best place to order them from online in you fine folks experience?

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    HexDex wrote: »
    So, I just got back up from Japan bringing home with me my first, and a bunch of, gunpla. Assuming I love building them and want more, what is the best place to order them from online in you fine folks experience?

There's lots of places, I've used HobbyLink Japan in the past personally

Stuff also goes up on Amazon domestically as well

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Gundam Planet has been good to me, but I buy in bulk to offset shipping costs

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I cannot look at that Hazel without giggling at it's fanny pack.

This discussion has been closed.