As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BEER] The Lacing on This Thread is Breathtaking. Mouthfeel

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Alright you bastards it's the most magical day of the year. Remember, green food coloring does not a good beer make. I'll be drinkin', brewin' and listening to celtic/pub punk all day long. Let's get started:

Skinny Lister - George's Glass
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLvPX2Q-TXA

The Cherry Coke$ - Rise Again
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXFSr_JFVj0

Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89NjEeHku8o

Dropkick Murphys - Going out in Style
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7g3RuoreRc

1916 - For Whiskey
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQv3Hhjg-9M

The Skels - You'll Never Drink Alone
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7p753rUqH4

The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4v6aNjGFFk

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I love beer but hate this holiday. Please advise

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Drink a beer you like until you don't feel like having any more beer and then stop

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Enjoy the beer, don't get caught up in the festivities. I've got no interest in hitting up a pub today, but I've got some reds and Irish stouts and a corned beef in the slow cooker. Might stop by a friend's while they're brewing a wee heavy.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I had a nice red Irish ale last night. That's all I'm gong in on St.Patrick's day

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I'll be heading to old town here which is within walking distance. I don't like the huge crowd downtown Denver but my town is pretty decent.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Well I wasn't going to be drinking tonight by my buddy just had to put hos 17 year old dog down so...were going to his place to get destroyed

• Options
    Awesomed but as a "brofist"

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Woo downtown Arvada is hopping.
    Hopping.
    Get it

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    We're at a wrestling show at Neshaminy Creek Brewery and apparently at midnight Against The Grain owns Neshaminy unless Team Neshaminy beats Team Against The Grain or something.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    We're at a wrestling show at Neshaminy Creek Brewery and apparently at midnight Against The Grain owns Neshaminy unless Team Neshaminy beats Team Against The Grain or something.

UPDATE

Neshaminy Creek was saved

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Anyone else have "Mexican ashtrays" where they are at? Tecate tall boy with a chili salt rim and hot sauce dashed on top pre opening, served with a salted lime wedge. Should be only a bit more expensive than the tecate.
    It's so good. So much better than it has any right to be. Hot sauce that you have to avoid getting on your nose should be stupid but goes perfectly with tecate.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Anyone else have "Mexican ashtrays" where they are at? Tecate tall boy with a chili salt rim and hot sauce dashed on top pre opening, served with a salted lime wedge. Should be only a bit more expensive than the tecate.
    It's so good. So much better than it has any right to be. Hot sauce that you have to avoid getting on your nose should be stupid but goes perfectly with tecate.

Yeah those are super good! Mexican lagers were 100% meant to be consumed with chili and lime.

Your post inspired me to grab beer from 7-11 and I was just going to get Tecate but they had Modelo Chelada Tamarindo Picante so I just grabbed those instead. They're seriously good, better than many, many micheladas I've had at bars and restaurants.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Survived the MRT downtown line pub crawl yesterday. Mikkeller Bar is showcasing sours, so I had a Selegie Spontan (which I'm guessing was specifically brewed for Singapore, since Selegie is a road here in town) which was an excellent spontaneously fermented sour, and then a Spontan Blueberry lambic (might've been a double blueberry, can't recall) which was also great. Also awesome is that Young Master is popping up on tap here in Singapore more and more (I heard they're opening a spot) so I could get a Cha Chaan Teng on draft at another spot - I'm sure I've talked about it before but it's a gose inspired by Cantonese salted lime soda - I've always thought it had a touch of tea taste to it in a really good way.

Also I really shouldn't have but I bought myself a hoodie

qiBGMIXl.jpg?1

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    . Also awesome is that Young Master is popping up on tap here in Singapore more and more (I heard they're opening a spot) so I could get a Cha Chaan Teng on draft at another spot - I'm sure I've talked about it before but it's a gose inspired by Cantonese salted lime soda - I've always thought it had a touch of tea taste to it in a really good way.

This sounds fuckin delicious. Cool hoodie

• Options
    I've started liking sours a lot. My beer taste is so weird, Stouts, Porters, Sours, and Ciders.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I either love or hate a sour.

Theres no in between.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I had a couple unique beers yesterday at one of the local micros for the first time

The first was a grapefruit gose, it was very sour but very drinkable.

The second was Slightly Rood, a red ale with this delicious toasty? malt flavor and just a bit of hops.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Theres no in between.

Same. Mostly I'm not a fan. Saisons are about as sour as I can go in a beer.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Theres no in between.

Same. Mostly I'm not a fan. Saisons are about as sour as I can go in a beer.

I love a good sour but when the aren't good the are really bad.

I bought a Strawberry Shortcake beer and poured it out after 2 sips.

Gross.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I still haven't found a sour to top Sea Quench, although they're a really fun style to experiment with.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I still haven't found a sour to top Sea Quench, although they're a really fun style to experiment with.

I've had some really good berry sours, but it's a fine line between the right amount of sweet and sour, just a little too much sweet really throws it out of whack. Sea Quench is so goddamn good though.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Dang I am digging that hoodie. Gonna check if that's for sale online.

Update they have an awesome online shop.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I had a guinness extra stout last night and was quite surprised I actually liked it and managed to drink the whole thing.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Yeah, I for some reason don't like standard Guiness but I really, REALLY enjoy the extra stout.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I've never had regular guiness as I am just not usually a beer person and don't usually try many because I rarely if ever find one I can finish a bottle of.

That's why I was so surprised I managed to drink a whole bottle of any beer. The only other beer I did that with was First Frost from Full Steam Brewery and that was a pint bottle, sadly they don't make it anymore and things I've tried that are supposed to be similar have been too bitter for me as well.

Oh I take it back I can occasionally manage a blue moon or a hoegaarden.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Regular Guinness is like water.

At least Guinness here in the states.

• Options
    Oh wait they do make First Frost still, I missed it last time I checked their site.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I've been drinking soooooo many sours lately because sour beers are easily my favorite style of beer at this point.

Mikkeller's Raspberry Blush sour is so good and so weird. It's brewed with raspberry and coffee and it's just the best thing ever but the first sip is like "woah" because coffee and sour is not a combo my palate is used to.

• Options
    Yeah it's getting to be sour season and I am stoked

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Best beer I've ever had was a sour.

Worst beer I've ever had was a sour.

• Options
    list of beers I have actually enjoyed:

hoegaarden
    blue moon Belgian white
    guineas extra stout
    first frost

What other beers should I try?

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Harpoon UFO White would be a good choice for you.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Boulevard zon belgian wit

Stone citrusy wit

Old rasputin

Absence of light peanut butter chocolate milk stout

• Options
    Recommending Old Rasputin based on that list is a bit extreme.

• Options
    thanks guys! i'll have to keep an eye out for those.

Also how long will beer keep in the fridge? I uh, I found one that got pushed to the back some time ago...

• Options
    Depends, what kind of beer was it?

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Depends, what kind of beer was it?

looks like a dragon milk stout.

But looking into it, it was bottled in like 2015... I don't think It'll be good.

• Options

Always recommend old rasputin

• Options

Always recommend old rasputin

Hey, I love it, but if you aren't used to strong beers, it can easily overwhelm someone.