As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Now with 500% less heart!

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Also, how is Mishima creepy? I remember him being kind of annoying, but I didn't really interact with him too much.

Go down the Moon link rabbit hole.

• Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    the actual worst s-link is reporter lady

her ability is fairly useless, and the link itself is not great

I agree, it's too bad though since she was one of the characters i liked the most.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Reporter lady's S-link being useless is balanced out by getting +3 Charm every time you talk to her.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Mishima wasn't too bad. It was a pretty obvious redemption arc.
    I'm just more annoyed that Joker and company are so bad at keeping secrets.
    The whole *wink* *wink* I'm going to use the obvious fanboy as an intermediary to select missions sounds like a terrible fucking idea.
    No Mishima, I really have no idea what you're talking about.
    Oh goddamn it Joker.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Moon arc suffers the same as some of the party members suffer, where the character growth in their S.Link isn't reflected in the main story writing.

• Options
    Speaking of maxing out social links, am I the only one who thinks all the level 10 evolved personas look MUCH less cooler than the regular ones?

Anne and Makoto's in particular. I almost don't want to max out any other party members...

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Money? What is a money? I know that some NPCs in these games give me as much stuff as I want through a menu.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Money? What is a money? I know that some NPCs in these games give me as much stuff as I want through a menu.

Money is what you need to keep retrieving personas to fuse.

• Options
    It's that stuff these Mementos bosses keep throwing at me.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    MrBody wrote: »
    Speaking of maxing out social links, am I the only one who thinks all the level 10 evolved personas look MUCH less cooler than the regular ones?

Anne and Makoto's in particular. I almost don't want to max out any other party members...

Haru's is literally the worst. Futaba's is pretty okay, though.

I haven't liked any evolved Persona more than the original since 3 to be honest.

edit: I mostly like Ryuji, Ann, Morgana, and Yusuke's, but they're not as good as the originals.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I like that Izanagi just puts on a tie.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Also, how is Mishima creepy? I remember him being kind of annoying, but I didn't really interact with him too much.

Well, he's the one who wants to hire that maid service, and emphasizes that they'll do anything wink

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

Well, he's the one who wants to hire that maid service, and emphasizes that they'll do anything wink

He's a guileless horny teen.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    He’s also on some light PUA shit right after he puts up the website trying to mack on the fangirls

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Right

Creepy.

• Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular

Right

Creepy.

If that was the gold standard for creepy I don't think we would have as many teen sex comedy movies as we do

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Yeah, that's not really all that creepy. There's no implication he's going to force the maids to do anything, just that he's heard "they'll do anything"

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options

Yeah, that's not really all that creepy. There's no implication he's going to force the maids to do anything, just that he's heard "they'll do anything"

Fix your cable?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Fix your cable?

At least they'll do your laundry and cook for you.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    probably linked way back when, but its still funny and its my canon run for persona 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zix7UBJOHtM&index=2&list=RDo1Zpw4MqwvE

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Persona 5 dancing game is going to have Yakuza themed costume DLC. Why not Persona 5 the RPG as well? :(

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Also Sonic costume for Morgana

ba954ab759c719e5eff43fe8a655ba0e1523810143_large.jpg

I want this stuff in Persona 5, not just the dance game pls!

Also this:
    8cfb81e9ed88a9669c7c5e470994c9bf2be6b0ec_hq.jpg

Not a costume or anything, just super frickin cute.

Edit: I just noticed that someone deemed it necessary to include a butthole in the second picture...

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    So is Strange Journey Redux the only upcoming SMT game we have a release date for at this point?

I'm looking forward to that because, frankly, it's one of my favorites, despite all the shit it gets from others.

But I need more.

I need SMT V.

I need an announcement on Devil Survivor 3, if there ever is going to be one.

I need a release date for Persona Q2.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    I hope Persona 6 is a game about yakuza.

Or a game literally set in the Yakuza series where personas are basically stands.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I'm still pretty early in (well, "early" being seven hours and midway through the first palace) but holy crap, so far this game has everything I liked about Persona 4 slathered in style and quality of life improvements. Instant warping to the various locations! I can actually consistently ambush enemies! Vastly more interesting dungeons! So much goodness.

Not sure if I'll ever like Ryuji and Ann as much as I liked most of the playable characters from Persona 4, but it's early yet.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Ryuji became my bro almost immediately. I hoped Ann would grow on me, but eh... She's not bad, but I like the rest of the phantom thieves way more.

Not really related to anything, but I also found the game more enjoyable when I switched the language track to Japanese. It's perfectly fine in English (though Ann's voice is a little grating, IMO), but when I switched to Japanese just to see what everybody sounded like, I ended up never switching it back.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Ann's biggest crime is having hair as full and gorgeous as hers but then wasting it with pigtails for three years. Bleh.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Maybe there's more to Ryuji than I've seen so far but he seems to be a combination of Youske and Kanji, only not as well done. And I love both of those doofs.

But again, it's early.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ryuji being a rebel at least is justified in his backstory. The bits similar to Yosuke are more just character archetype.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Ryuji became my bro almost immediately. I hoped Ann would grow on me, but eh... She's not bad, but I like the rest of the phantom thieves way more.

Not really related to anything, but I also found the game more enjoyable when I switched the language track to Japanese. It's perfectly fine in English (though Ann's voice is a little grating, IMO), but when I switched to Japanese just to see what everybody sounded like, I ended up never switching it back.

Ann was a character that started out interesting but got increasingly less so the more you went down her path. By the end of her link it was like, "Really? That's an arc?"

• Options

I actually consider the English dub pretty passable and/or good in places. It just wasn't cringey enough to switch it to the Japanese. It's no Cowboy Bebop, but it's serviceable.

• Options
    The problems with the dub are the at-times clunky script, not any of the voice actors.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Why is rude boy so reticent to say “fuck” except in like two text boxes

• Options
    The problems with the dub are the at-times clunky script, not any of the voice actors.

The animation cutscenes also seem to be at odds with what goes on in the rest of the story.
    Ann can't stand Ryuji and is sick of guys oogling her. Then you switch to animation and she's always all over him and encouraging everyone to check out her bod o_O).

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I don't understand. If you use the Japanese voice track you won't get to hear Matt Mercer hamming it up????

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Ann was a character that started out interesting but got increasingly less so the more you went down her path. By the end of her link it was like, "Really? That's an arc?"

A few of the party member links are a bit weak partly due to having already resolved the major issue facing them during recruitment.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

The animation cutscenes also seem to be at odds with what goes on in the rest of the story.
    Ann can't stand Ryuji and is sick of guys oogling her. Then you switch to animation and she's always all over him and encouraging everyone to check out her bod o_O).

Oh I remember that.
    I was wondering if that was a localization thing.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ...welp, just unlocked the confidant you level up via hiring an ishy maid service. Good ole' Japan.

So, am I going to have to shell out 5,000 Nipponbucks for times when the link won't increase AND when the link will? Or if I wait patiently, I can just pay for the times the link will increase? Because this is one expensive friendship as it is.

• Options
    If you're in it purely for the gameplay benefits, it's probably the worst link in the game, and that's before you take into account the ~50k-80k it's going to cost you.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    No it's not. It lets you make curry/coffee while ALSO being able to do other things. it's great.

M A G I K A Z A M
This discussion has been closed.