As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The old [Giant Bomb] thread!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    If a lot of the people aren't even watching the videos and just voting that is a real dick move. Like putting a 20 in a jukebox and filling it with music you aren't going to be around to hear because you're about to leave anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnkrL42R7gk

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    finnith wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Cormac wrote: »
    I actually watched and voted for a couple of MGS4 videos (10 or 11 through 13). I had nothing better to do yesterday afternoon and they were really entertaining. That said, 40+ hours of MGS videos is just ridiculous. The chat and mods were less than appreciative of people who said they only came by/checked in to vote but not to actually watch the videos.

the thing about gbi for me, was before, if the chat picked something you didn't want to watch or had already seen, meh, just turn it off and watch some other videos for a while, no big deal. it'll be something new in a few hours. but this marathon thing just leads to it being the same thing for days and days.

For what it's worth, Will's confirmed that it was due to one or more parties using an exploit to ensure that MGS won. Russian bots etc...

except now they're stuck in a demo derby hole. marathon voting is probably a mistake because people who aren't in on the marathons just leave (as i've been doing) and don't vote, keeping it on the marathon and keeping the population down. Also anti-marathon forces split the vote among the remaining 4 options where pro marathon is easy to vote for.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Voting was an OK idea. But I think it would be better to just pull random videos. Get a wider variety of things that way.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I think they include premium videos in infinite, so there’s an incentive to vote for a whole series that you couldn’t otherwise watch

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I think they include premium videos in infinite, so there’s an incentive to vote for a whole series that you couldn’t otherwise watch
    Infinite is still Premium only, though?

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    It is funny when Dan shows how ignorant he is and the group makes fun of him.

I refuse to believe that Dan is actually a human.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    Infinite is still Premium only, though?

Ah guess they changed it. It was YouTube for a while.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It is youtube, but it's unlisted and don't give out the link

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Makes sense, considering the bandwidth to run something like that. Gotta offload the strain to Youtube.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So, if you haven't seen Vampire's Kiss...

You really, really should. Holy shit.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    HadesHades Registered User regular
    Nothing stops the Persona 4 Endurance Run!

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Hades wrote: »
    Nothing stops the Persona 4 Endurance Run!

Untrue! Cooler heads have prevailed at last.

https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/wcarle/blog/thoughts-on-the-gb-infinite-series-feature/117184/
    For the moment we've decided to pull the (continuation) feature. It may come back in some form in the future, probably with additional limitations, or maybe with set schedules. The feature will be pulled tomorrow morning Apr 25th, so we'll let the existing persona run keep going in the meantime, but at some point tomorrow the poll will return to true random.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I take it back, Persona continues at this time. All hope is lost.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular

Are they playing Persona 5?

• Options

Are they playing Persona 5?

I'm sure someone is, but no, it's just the p4 endurance run that has been hogging Giant Bomb Infinite for the last day or so

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    imo if they want to do marathons, they should have scheduled events. It'd be really fun if "this tuesday we're going to play all of MGS1" or "Nothing Stops the P4 Endurance Run for this weekend".

How you'd pick which ones get done I don't know, but I think it'd be a fun time and wouldn't have the chat problems current GBI has with the marathons.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    HadesHades Registered User regular
    It'll be fixed soon probably. The Persona 4 Endurance Run is 99:45:13 hours long.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I shut off Infinite last night because even though I like the endurance run a lot, if I wanted to just watch nothing but episodes of that I could do that on my own

• Options
    How long ago was the P4 run? Was Ryan still alive?

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    How long ago was the P4 run? Was Ryan still alive?

So I knew he was alive back then, but I didn't realize just how old that series was! It came out in 2009.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Ryan passed in the middle of 2013, so I believe he was around for every "Endurance Run" (branded as such, not accidental Endurance Runs) so far except Shenmue.

At PAX East, we headed up to a friend's hotel room after some GB panel or something so we could play Windjammers and Money Puzzle Exchanger on his hacked SNES Classic, and we popped on some GB Infinite. They were airing one of the last UPFs from before Ryan passed, one of the ones where he was out of the office but Patrick was still there (might have been Patrick's last UPF as a member of GBWest?)

Sombering, of course.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    The original P4 endurance run basically pioneered the very concept that there was an audience for long form video content of games on the internet.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Ryan passed in the middle of 2013, so I believe he was around for every "Endurance Run" (branded as such, not accidental Endurance Runs) so far except Shenmue.

At PAX East, we headed up to a friend's hotel room after some GB panel or something so we could play Windjammers and Money Puzzle Exchanger on his hacked SNES Classic, and we popped on some GB Infinite. They were airing one of the last UPFs from before Ryan passed, one of the ones where he was out of the office but Patrick was still there (might have been Patrick's last UPF as a member of GBWest?)

Sombering, of course.

Whenever I watch GB Infinite and I see it's a video from June-August 2013, I can't help but think of the context of those videos being shot before and after Ryan's untimely passing.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I haven’t seen the P4 ER but I watched the Chronotrigger ER with Ryan and Patrick way back. Enjoyed that. I honestly thought they were really good together, but Ryan had a way of making everyone he worked with better.

Which is not say I think Patrick is bad, I like Patrick a lot. Ryan just had that je ne sais quoi. He was a special guy.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I haven’t seen the P4 ER but I watched the Chronotrigger ER with Ryan and Patrick way back. Enjoyed that. I honestly thought they were really good together, but Ryan had a way of making everyone he worked with better.

Which is not say I think Patrick is bad, I like Patrick a lot. Ryan just had that je ne sais quoi. He was a special guy.

That was the ER where they were afraid of the cartridge battery running dry.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

Ryan was one-of-a-kind, but I think Abby is very similar in a lot of ways. They're both up for just about anything, and they tend to work very hard to make sure the people around them get to be funny too, though I can't imagine Abby doing a shot of anonymous breast milk during a panel.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Abby is amazing. I don’t feel like I know her well enough yet to compare to Ryan.

But also I don’t want to compare anyone to anyone else, because I like almost everyone on the GB crew and I think they each bring something good.

Deadly Sims seems like the kind of content they’ve been missing for a looong time. Great concept, great execution. Abby is wonderful.

• Options
    Now I want to watch the P4 ER again

And the Shenmue one

And hell, maybe play P5 again

• Options
    I should play the DS Chrono Trigger. I have one of those XLs.

• Options
    The tyranny of Persona has been broken, old (2014) Halloween UPF leads the charge

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    It seems just yesterday I went to PAX 2009.

• Options
    The tyranny of Persona has been broken, old (2014) Halloween UPF leads the charge

The penguin suit?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    They're about to stream themselves playing a bunch of backward compatible OG Xbox games over on gaming website Giantbomb.com

I loved their first stream for this, some of these games have, uh, not aged great, but a bunch of them still hold up.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Abby is amazing. I don’t feel like I know her well enough yet to compare to Ryan.

But also I don’t want to compare anyone to anyone else, because I like almost everyone on the GB crew and I think they each bring something good.

Deadly Sims seems like the kind of content they’ve been missing for a looong time. Great concept, great execution. Abby is wonderful.

Her dismay over letting on that items can be resized. She had a 1000 yard stare by the end of that stream.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Rob and Austin from Waypoint playing Battletech is my favorite kind of thing. They spend 45 minutes making their character.

https://youtu.be/JJNC0xA5XSk

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Rob and Austin from Waypoint playing Battletech is my favorite kind of thing. They spend 45 minutes making their character.

https://youtu.be/JJNC0xA5XSk

They just streamed it again today, there was at least 20 minutes of name and emblem choosing for their merc company.

• Options
    I both admire and kind of dread Austin's ability to infuse micro-stories into every aspect of the games he plays.

• Options
    He tweeted some photos the other day and his pilot is named Maja De La Meridian

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited April 2018
    For those of you playing god of war, I have a question that intersects with the bombcast. Very minor spoilers, and nothing story related.
    Brad says that he freed a dragon without even leaving the Lake of the Nine, but as far as I can tell that area was not open to me until after the world serpent moved. (and there's a specific story thing that causes him to move).

Anyone know how he got in there that early? Or is there more than one dragon in the Lake of Nine?

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I'm oddly looking forward to Brad and Jeff continuing their Labo projects whenever that happens. I bet it will be quite cathartic when Jeff completes the robot. Hopefully someone there will be able to use it. Jan seems like a good candidate I would think.

NNID: Rehab0