Options

[E3 2018] - Leak Watcher

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Oblivion's cities and entire landscape were all the same terrain and I remember precisely none of them beyond Imperial City.

Skyrim had Whiterun, Riften, Solitude, and Windhelm, each looking very different from the others with varying geographical uniqueness.

Madican on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    markrath and falkreath were my faves

fuck the forsworn though for real

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Looks like a tarrasque.
    it kind of was, it was thought to be like a giant wandering boss. never made it into any kind of real planning outside of concept art.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I think the only oblivion city with an interesting aesthetic is the one in the southeast built on stilts

• Options
    i forgot the orc concept was made for the first game, didn't get used until online.

Is talking about games you need a vpn to play allowed on the forums? like could I make a dragon's dogma online thread if it always need a vpn to play? Asking for me.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Several Elder Scrolls games and there still hasn't been a tree house city.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I think bethesda should aim for a more realistic-esque scale and focus on a geographically smaller area, you could have something sized like TESV's landscape with only a single more convincingly sized city

maybe if they wanted to add DLCs and shit they can slowly tack on more regions - like neighboring areas, or adding transportation to slightly more distant regions

I've put a LOT of thought into this

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I like the sound of that. Give me a smaller stakes main quest that takes place in a single county instead of an entire province.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I wasn't even thinking smaller stakes but yeah actually that does sound good

make it personal for your character

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Skyrim did not have nearly enough quests that mostly took place in the towns. Even the Thieves Guild stuff ended up involving a lot of dungeons over more regular buildings.

I don't care for longer dungeons so I always liked the town quests with relatively few fights.

Couscous on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Personal, you say

Sounds like we need another missing baby

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Just do the usual personal story of a wizard experimenting on you, messing you up, and now you want revenge after managing to escape. The Wizard can be named Iron Jenicus

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    just make Prey except Elder Scrolls

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Personal, you say

That's a problem of it being personal to the developers rather than the players

I saw the E3 presentation for Bethesda after FO4 came out

half of it was about them being parents

and I'm sighing forever because this trend of game developers discovering parenthood and making crappy stories about it is extremely tiring

I'm someone who actually thinks kids are pretty neat, too! not gonna have any, but they're neat

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I swear if Bethesda makes another game with a dog in it that I can't pet I'm fuckin' done with them

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    I swear if Bethesda makes another game with a dog in it that I can't pet I'm fuckin' done with them

It's a goddamn video game crime

why can't steam ban games that don't you let pet dogs

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    You folks just need to be more right wingy and complain to steam then maybe they would ban it.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    well, now "pettable dogs" is on my list of dragon's dogma 2's must haves.

Pettable dogs, co-op, manticore, a release date, another city

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Doobh wrote: »

And also ban games where I can't be a dog

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

And also ban games where I can't be a dog

No, my NBA 2K games!

Unless... there's no rule saying...

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    There's dog, mountain lion, and even bear petting in Far Cry 5. It’s the best part of the game, really.

• Options
    Personal, you say

and I'm sighing forever because this trend of game developers discovering parenthood and making crappy stories about it is extremely tiring

I'm someone who actually thinks kids are pretty neat, too! not gonna have any, but they're neat

it would be a lot better if they made you care about a kid instead of just presuming that people inherently like kids and want to defend all of them forever

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Personal, you say

it would be a lot better if they made you care about a kid instead of just presuming that people inherently like kids and want to defend all of them forever

also true: spouses

i don't care about this woman i met thirty seconds ago, her being kidnapped by homeless ninjas evokes no emotions.

• Options
    like it's not the end of the world if you're gonna do it as a superficial motivation, i don't need big story events for justification of why mario saves the princess

but they don't try to add pathos to those motivations, which is important

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »

Dragon's Dogma 2: your pawns are now various breeds of immortal dogs

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Rescue your son and avenge your spouse is just a terrible hook for an open world game

Nobody gave a shit about tiber septim or the nameless dorks in the skyrim wagon who got killed, relabeling them as my son isn't gonna grab me if I still only interact with them for 5 minutes before they vanish

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    make more video games that are just for me

less wizards, more bennett from commando

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »

Dragon's Dogma 2: your pawns are now various breeds of immortal dogs

i wouldn't want all of my pawns to be dogs. but like if they decided to go with the concept of different fantasy races, with like human, elf, beast man, adding in dogs would be good too. with dogs getting their own vocations.

or you know what, even if they don't have different races, though elf ears are still a must options, having dogs as an option is still a good idea, though if your main pawn is a dog and the ending is like the first one, that would be..weird.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I wanna be a cat or cat person

But cool-looking cat people

The ones in TES look stupid

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I wanna be a regular housecat who's a wizard casting tornado and meteor and shit, get on that capcom

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    make more video games that are just for me

less wizards, more bennett from commando

Have you seen the opening to God of War? It's straight up an homage to commando.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Gimme an example of a cool one

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

xdhub0jccw50.jpg

• Options

xT5k49A.jpg

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    i forgot the orc concept was made for the first game, didn't get used until online.

Is talking about games you need a vpn to play allowed on the forums? like could I make a dragon's dogma online thread if it always need a vpn to play? Asking for me.

There's a PSO2 thread, and that has required shenanigans in the past, so...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

FFXIV has awesome cat people!

• Options

FFXIV has awesome cat people!

I'm willing to bet there's cat ear + tail mods you can download for the last three elder scrolls games if you want to go back that far

attach them to a human character

bam, you got what you want

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    about a cool lion man?

G6CHIrPl.jpg

• Options
    The New Vegas premise of you getting shot in the head works extremely well as motivation because it can motivate all kinds of different characters and doesn't make things weird as heck like when you stop looking for your child for hours on end.

• Options
    I still question the decision to cast matthew perry as that character, but overall I thought New Vegas was great

This discussion has been closed.