Options

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    So, does your renown reset after you "spend" it looting a lost sector?

yerp

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    also also from holy:

renown per tokens is:
    0 - 1 token
    1 - 2 tokens
    2 - 3 tokens
    3 - 4 tokens
    4 - 8 tokens
    5 - 10 tokens

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I am not seeing any obvious way to "spend" renown.

What am I missing here?

Not being able to fast travel without losing it is rad. :lol:

You don't spend renown.

Renown is a buff that increases how many tokens you get from Lost Sectors.

It also decreases your damage output and increases how much damage you take.

Well, the Helmet ornament says "Renown Spent 0/50" so that's why I was asking, but @Chanus gave me the answer.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    That bit about equipping three shotguns, I can only assume that decision was reached with a picture of me on their desks.
    Not enough to get me on board with that price structure but still a good effort.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    so you gain 1 renown per patrol or 2 renown if you have a full set of your pledged faction's gear on

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Any faction armor requirements for getting the ornaments?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    so you gain 1 renown per patrol or 2 renown if you have a full set of your pledged faction's gear on

How much renown from a PE?

• Options

that i don't know. i'll get my man on the inside to investigate

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Any faction armor requirements for getting the ornaments?

one of them requires you to have the full set on and earn 30 renown

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

chanus is it you

are you the man on the inside

• Options
    legs is 30 renown in full faction gear, arms is 25 heroic pub events in full faction gear

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    How much renown do I get for completing a raid or raid lair?

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »

chanus is it you

are you the man on the inside

i made copies of myself so i could explore infinite destiny 2s

• Options
    edited June 2018
    jefe414 wrote: »
    How much renown do I get for completing a raid or raid lair?

my guess would be zero since it resets when you fast travel anyway

Chanus on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I take it that "full set" of faction armor means helmet, legs, arms, chest, and class item?

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I'm excited for random rolls, because that means that I might not be locked into the same favorite guns that I've been using for the entire game so far.

I also think finding a good roll will be less of a pain than in D1, what with smaller perk trees on weapons.

Only one notable perk to chase rather than two, right?

Dys on
  • Options
    i would think so yeah

• Options

3 if it's heroic. dunno about normal.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    5× of Renown gave me 41 tokens

• Options
    What if I cut out the Chanus middle man, and instead of wasting my time asking questions about how the faction rally works, I'll go home and play it. It's basically 5 o'clock already, give or take a few.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

Is that in full faction armor or no?

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Also hey, random rolls might add a bit of fun to faction ralleys?

I think it would be kind of neat to make my faction decision based off of weapon archetypes for possible rolls.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    So full faction armor means you do a PE hopefully at the same time as a kill/collect patrol. Then hit a Lost Sector at max renown. Rinse/Repeat?

ObiFett on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I'm seeing on Reddit that there is a Graviton Lance catalyst with DO. Someone else mentioned a Sunshot catalyst. Who is that with?

• Options

I had no idea your gear had any bearing.

So no.

Unrelated, the new Ana Bray quest: the first step says 15 javelin multikills but uh...those aren't counting. does it mean the polaris lance?

• Options
    Fawst wrote: »
    I'm seeing on Reddit that there is a Graviton Lance catalyst with DO. Someone else mentioned a Sunshot catalyst. Who is that with?

I want to say Future War Cult.

• Options
    I love that the Dead Orbit Sparrow is called "Pale Horse"

• Options
    So full faction armor means you do a PE hopefully at the same time as a kill/collect patrol. Then hit a Lost Sector at max renown. Rinse/Repeat?

sounds like the way to do it

it seems to me two patrols for 4x might be more efficient than trying to get 5x when public events aren't up

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

FWC has sunshot. NM has Sweet Business catalyst.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options

FWC.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018

So no.

Unrelated, the new Ana Bray quest: the first step says 15 javelin multikills but uh...those aren't counting. does it mean the polaris lance?

3+ kills in rapid succession with the Javelin (the red spear weapon from Rasputin) is what's required for the multikills. I read that the repeat adventure she is offering gives a perfect chance to farm those.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    We need 1000 tokens to hit rank 50 for the catalysts?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Oh hey, totally forgot about this!

Nascent Dawn 5/5 (thx Reddit)
    Step 1: 15 Javelin MultiKills (3+ quickly). Note: This week's meditation from Ikora includes the Will of Thousands mission, so you can farm Javelin kills during that quest. thanks u/Matzeroni Otherwise, either get a Warsat Event or start EP and use an Armory Code to get a Javelin (fastest during EP.

Step 2: 3 PvP matches completed. Interesting. Mayhem this week so that's kinda fun.

Step 3: Complete Nascent Dawn 5/5 quest (unlocked when you get this step). It;s just an easy version of the Strange Terrain Mission where you "kill" Nokris.

Step 4: Unlock the Sleeper node in the middle of the Alton Dynamo Server Room. As usual, opening this node gives you the Diary quest which you socket into the last server near Ana Bray.

The reward is the Polaris Lance Catalyst. The catalyst requires Enemies Defeated (at 0%, probably 300 as usual) and 50 kills with the Perfect Fifth perk. The masterwork gives the gun Dragonfly. That's all folks.

• Options
    If my math is correct, which it likely isn't, I think you'd only need 20 Lost Sectors finished with 5×renown to to get rank 50. That is if you get 41 tokens every time, which got me more than 2 and half ranks cashed in.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    So, if I've already reached Rank 10 with FWC on my Hunter in previous Rallies, does that mean when I go to the Tower with my Warlock and Titan I can just go ahead and buy armor sets for them? Or are the ranks per character?

• Options
    this is the first i'm hearing of 41 tokens for a lost sector completion fwiw

• Options
    awsimo wrote: »
    So, if I've already reached Rank 10 with FWC on my Hunter in previous Rallies, does that mean when I go to the Tower with my Warlock and Titan I can just go ahead and buy armor sets for them? Or are the ranks per character?

the ranks most likely reset with the season but you should be able to get to rank 10 and buy the gear again

• Options
    If my math is correct, which it likely isn't, I think you'd only need 20 Lost Sectors finished with 5×renown to to get rank 50. That is if you get 41 tokens every time, which got me more than 2 and half ranks cashed in.

I think someone mentioned a +25 token bonus for your first Lost Sector or something, which means you won't get 41 tokens every time.

• Options

So no.

3+ kills in rapid succession with the Javelin (the red spear weapon from Rasputin) is what's required for the multikills. I read that the repeat adventure she is offering gives a perfect chance to farm those.

I'll check that out, thanks.

The explody thingies in lost sectors that used to give tokens, they don't now, they just explode. Are they just vestigial, or do they serve some other purpose I'm not seeing in the rally?

• Options
    this is the first i'm hearing of 41 tokens for a lost sector completion fwiw

Didn't you say there was some kind of milestone for the first time you do it?

smCQ5WE.jpg