As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    So.... Are catalysts just random drops or do I have to have a weapon equipped to get one?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    They're random, and you don't even have to have found the weapon they attach to to get one for it.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Several of the Rally ornaments don't start counting until you're wearing a full set of the respective armor; which you can't get until you dump a ton of tokens into the fucking things (enjoy RNG).

Super cool Bungie.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Played a heroic strike.

Arms Dealer.

My appraisal from having played 4 heroic strikes (3 last week, 1 this week): Blueberries are too dumb to successfully play heroic strikes.

Today, at least, heavy ammo drop rate increase implied by the modifier is merely a polite suggestion. I got maybe 10 rockets the entire strike, and never had more than 3 at once.

I had more kills than my two blueberries combined, and 19 revives. It's void singe and neither of them were using void weapons or subclasses. I don't think I saw either of them use a heavy even with heavyweight on.

I had to play like an ingenious champion just to drag them through.

Don't think I'll queue up again without at least one person in my fireteam.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    What is up with Mercury being the Flashpoint?

The PE seems to be on twice as long as a timer as other planets, the patrols/LS seem to count for substantially less toward the Flashpoint, there's a ton more yellows, but none of them actually reward anything (no tokens, nothing outside of what already dropped chests drop them).

?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    What is up with Mercury being the Flashpoint?

The PE seems to be on twice as long as a timer as other planets, the patrols/LS seem to count for substantially less toward the Flashpoint, there's a ton more yellows, but none of them actually reward anything (no tokens, nothing outside of what already dropped chests drop them).

?
    The yellows give flashpoint progress. You can go around the map splattering them in an interceptor to get flashpoint progress quickly.
    I think the public event isn't on a longer timer, it just feels that way because there's only the one.

• Options
    Played a heroic strike.

Arms Dealer.

My appraisal from having played 4 heroic strikes (3 last week, 1 this week): Blueberries are too dumb to successfully play heroic strikes.

Today, at least, heavy ammo drop rate increase implied by the modifier is merely a polite suggestion. I got maybe 10 rockets the entire strike, and never had more than 3 at once.

I had more kills than my two blueberries combined, and 19 revives. It's void singe and neither of them were using void weapons or subclasses. I don't think I saw either of them use a heavy even with heavyweight on.

Heroic Strikes are the most hit or miss thing in the game atm it seems.

Even if you aim for the best modifiers (i.e. today) sometimes they're just hell, and other times they're smooth as silk.

Not to jinx myself (I have 6 more to do at least today), but the 3 I did earlier were some of the cleanest, fastest Heroic Strikes I've done, even prior to the modifiers.

Don't give up!

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Several of the Rally ornaments don't start counting until you're wearing a full set of the respective armor; which you can't get until you dump a ton of tokens into the fucking things (enjoy RNG).

Super cool Bungie.

Yeah, if you don't already have a set of faction armour, that "Do 25 Heroic Public Events" one is gonna be a bitch.

I literally chose DO because I already had a full set of armour for them.

shryke on
  • Options
    Played a heroic strike.

Arms Dealer.

Heroic Strikes are the most hit or miss thing in the game atm it seems.

Even if you aim for the best modifiers (i.e. today) sometimes they're just hell, and other times they're smooth as silk.

Not to jinx myself (I have 6 more to do at least today), but the 3 I did earlier were some of the cleanest, fastest Heroic Strikes I've done, even prior to the modifiers.

Don't give up!

Yeah, I see a lot of people muttering about Heroic Strikes and not wanting to PUG them and, like, I've gone full matchmaker for every single one since Warmind dropped and never had major issues. We've banged our heads on a few nasty bosses (mostly fucking Xol honestly) but everyone's been doing their best and we pulled it off in the end.

I wish you could fucking communicate with people in this game honestly. It's dead silent all the time and it's kinda creepy.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    holy moly
    a18ujhzoulmd.png

that's a spicy meatball

edit i wonder how much more than 38 the annual pass is gonna cost.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    I mean, that's what Destiny 2: The Full Monty cost at launch too.

Game prices gonna game price.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    well those are canada prices

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    I did NOT know that Faction Rally was an account wide pledge now. I went to sign up my other two characters like always and, woops!

Not great.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    So, regarding Forsaken and the new supers they’ve showed off so far:
    - Titans get GIANT HAMMERS that shoot FIRE TORNADOES
    - Warlocks get DBZ teleport spam! and enormous beams like a Marvel Vs Capcom super
    - Hunters throw more knives, only like, more than one this time! And they can spin their staff around in a circle!

Whoever at Bungie designs the hunter stuff maybe take a look at the other classes too, talk to their design leads, y’know, don’t be afraid to dream a little bigger?

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    So, regarding Forsaken and the new supers they’ve showed off so far:
    - Titans get GIANT HAMMERS that shoot FIRE TORNADOES
    - Warlocks get DBZ teleport spam! and enormous beams like a Marvel Vs Capcom super
    - Hunters throw more knives, only like, more than one this time! And they can spin their staff around in a circle!

Whoever at Bungie designs the hunter stuff maybe take a look at the other classes too, talk to their design leads, y’know, don’t be afraid to dream a little bigger?
    tbf I would be quite down with a super where I can huck a stream of powered up throwing knives.

The fan/spray thing they showed off tho, eh. Maybe that's just the "big" attack and you can still throw them individually.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    I just think the scale is kinda off in comparison to the other classes. Where’s our giant FU button super?

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I'm pumped for most of the things mentioned in the livestream. That being said, those who think the Annual Pass will bring constant updates and content, when has Bungie ever, EVER, proven that they can reliably do that? Remember that whole eververse is going to fund more live events? Yeah, me too.

Still excited for September.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    The throwing knives super seemed to fit in with the rest of the anime supers to me.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Fucking finally, my first turn in got me the Dead Orbit class item

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    All my turns in so far and only two armor pieces, both boots T_T

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    That Gambit mode seems tailor made for our regular play group. Kozmonova (does he legit even have a PA handle?) can optimally carry through PvE waves, I can go harass on the PvP side, and @metaghost and @squall99x can continue to be disappointed by us both.

• Options
    well this is weird, the xbox canada prices are slightly different:
    Forsaken: 53.49 (1.50 less than on PC)
    forsaken + annual pass: 93.49 (50 cents more than on PC!)

I wonder why

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Played a bunch tonight (solo). Rocking Synthoceps for the glow. Watched the Vidoc to get myself hyped. New thread in the morning (or whenever we get to 100ish).

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    There is no way Mercury is granting as much <stuff> as other planets.

I just did 3 public events, 6 patrols, 3 (5 rally debuffs) lost sectors and numerous yellows, chests, etc and ended up with 45% clan XP and just barely finished the Flashpoint.

I've never had to do nearly that much before, to either finish the Flashpoint or only get 45% clan XP.

EDIT: not even 45%, 35% :rotate:

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Man. As much as I want to be excited about Gambit, it just seems too little too late. Its pvpve which is a no brainer for destiny. But it seems so small and unimpressive. Maybe if such a mode launched with D2, thatd be cool.

I dunno what anti-magic-vodoo bungie did for destiny that makes high player counts without lag seem like an impossible dream. But i was hoping an eventual pvpve mode would feel a little less "small"

Still could be a lot of fun. Just not "omg this is a game changer!" The engine behind Destiny just somehow seems like it cant handle anything special.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I would love to try this renown system, but the servers keep booting me with a baboon code as soon as I get a stack going ... grrrr.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    So I went back into the Crucible with Crimson and The End after a having spent a lot of time with Nightshade and Graviton Lance.

Hooooo boy it is much harder to kill people at range without Graviton Lance. Maybe I will switch to quick play for this catalyst.

• Options
    Farming the faction rally now seems super bad, this is miserable

I mean I'm doing it on Mars to at least get codes at the same time, but for real fuck this

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    There is no way Mercury is granting as much <stuff> as other planets.

I just did 3 public events, 6 patrols, 3 (5 rally debuffs) lost sectors and numerous yellows, chests, etc and ended up with 45% clan XP and just barely finished the Flashpoint.

I've never had to do nearly that much before, to either finish the Flashpoint or only get 45% clan XP.

EDIT: not even 45%, 35% :rotate:

Mars is the worst Flashpoint so far because EP interferes with Public events (unless you're strong enough to clear levels of it or people have been traumatized by it enough to stop turning it on) and the named Yellow bar enemies don't count towards your percentage unlike every other planet (unless they fixed/updated this).

• Options
    So, for those keeping track of such things, after decent chunk of playtime today (the heat map thing says 3 hours and 11 minutes but I thought it was more like 5-6 hours, the second half of which was strikes/Crucible) I have earned 173 tokens.

I also finally got a FWC chest piece, so that's nice. I ran out of the good Crucible shader, tho, which is sad.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Yeah this faction rally is a definite Crimson and chill for me to negate the penalty. That said, I'm rank 15 now and about to dig back in

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    So I appear to have 4/5 FWC set from S1, does that work for this?

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Shen wrote: »

It does, but you need 5/5 to see any benefit

If you manage to get the last piece from a turnin though, it's the same set

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Shen wrote: »

It does, but you need 5/5 to see any benefit

If you manage to get the last piece from a turnin though, it's the same set
    All 5 are needed to get the legs and chest ornaments. You get a renown bonus wearing just 3 or 4, as far as I could tell.

• Options
    Ok, so something I noticed here:

The "Do a Lost Sector in the EDZ with Renown" quest is account wide.
    The "Do a Lost Sector at 5 Renown" is per character.

So assuming you have 3 characters and do 1 Heroic PE, then 2 patrols then a Lost Sector, 1 LS per character should net you:
    (5+10+15+15)+2x(5+10+15) = 105 tokens per day

Basically your first PE of the day on every character counts for double and it's triple for the first character.

You wanna aim for at least 143 per day to get to 50 by the end, so that leaves an extra 40 to grind out per day, which is like 3 more rounds of the HPE+LS loop or a bit of running some other activity.

So that's the baseline of what it will take.

• Options
    Also, the ornaments for each faction are not shared across characters. Each character has to grind all 5 themselves.

This is likely to be a far more annoying grind then the actual tokens. Especially since not everyone will have 5 pieces to start with, which you will need for 2 of the 5 ornaments.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    The ornaments arent even unlocked account wide, seriously? They were in previous Faction Rallies.

That some people want more to do in D2 didnt mean wanting to do the most pointless repetitive bullshit again and again for little to no reward.

Monkey Paw etc.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    One thing I've been finding is that wearing full faction gear also boosts renown. People here keep talking about doing 1 Heroic PE + Patrols to get to 5, but I've been finding that a heroic takes me straight to 5. Full faction gear seems to be a renown multiplier, maybe 1.5? Patrols give me 2, Heroic PE's 5 and regular PE's 3.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Judging purely based on how much time I played tonight, and where I ended up, I can determine two things

I'll probably be able to hit rank 50

Bungie is demanding a fucking preposterous amount of time for this shit

• Options
    Something I don't think anyone has noted yet about the Y2 reveal is that I think we saw legendary precision archetype shotguns. Not Suros Precision, but regular precision, which doesn't fire slugs. One of the best PvP shotguns in the game right now is a green precision shotgun with the best range stat on any shotgun short of a slug shotgun or an acrius. The only other precision shotgun I know of, a blue, has similarly large range so it seems that's a feature of the archetype. So, legendary precision shotguns could be quite prominent in PvP.