As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Tossin' Nades and Mournin' Caydes

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Hey, did you know you could push the Pyramidion boss over into his broken phase and have him still have his shield up so he's immune but rampaging around the arena invincible?

I sure didn't!

That was an interesting prestige.

EDIT: It's a bummer when your powerful engram is a masterwork of something you don't want. Infuse and lose the core, or just let it sit there, raising my base power, but not my equipped? :rotate:

The answer is definitely hold onto it until you get a better thing in that slot. Base power maximization is pretty much the only leveling "trick" there is.

Related, it is so nice to hit 385 and roll up to Banshee with all the tokens and stop having to use whatever stupid stuff RNG gave me to be max light.

Does banshee give stuff at the power cap now?

I feel like he never actually had 300 back at launch, since the vendors where a set power reward every week/day.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    he does, but it's definitely way more rare than a lot of the other vendors

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Hey, did you know you could push the Pyramidion boss over into his broken phase and have him still have his shield up so he's immune but rampaging around the arena invincible?

I sure didn't!

EDIT: It's a bummer when your powerful engram is a masterwork of something you don't want. Infuse and lose the core, or just let it sit there, raising my base power, but not my equipped? :rotate:

The answer is definitely hold onto it until you get a better thing in that slot. Base power maximization is pretty much the only leveling "trick" there is.

Related, it is so nice to hit 385 and roll up to Banshee with all the tokens and stop having to use whatever stupid stuff RNG gave me to be max light.

Does banshee give stuff at the power cap now?

I feel like he never actually had 300 back at launch, since the vendors where a set power reward every week/day.

Sometimes. I got a bunch of 380 gear from him when I hit max, but I don’t think he’s doing it right now.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    ugh i just need one more piece of the anti-extinction set please stop giving me guns when i turn things in :[

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I would love if Bungie could get their shit together and actually have current rank be A) easy to find, and B) available in-game and on the app.

Edit: Third-party app to the rescue, thanks DIM. I'm at rank 13. 37 to go. Hmm.

Fawst on
  • Options
    Are there sites anymore that track the vendor power levels at any given time? There was one that was player reported before, but I don't recall what it was, and not sure if it exists anymore.

• Options
    Fawst wrote: »
    I would love if Bungie could get their shit together and actually have current rank be A) easy to find, and B) available in-game and on the app.

It’s in the app. Go to vendors and look for your faction’s representative.

In the game I’ve put on the new emblem, which tracks your rank.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    It's under Companion > Vendors in the app.

• Options
    Are there sites anymore that track the vendor power levels at any given time? There was one that was player reported before, but I don't recall what it was, and not sure if it exists anymore.

https://vendorengrams.xyz/

It hasn’t lied to me, yet.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

Edit: Third-party app to the rescue, thanks DIM. I'm at rank 13. 37 to go. Hmm.
    Niiiice
    vendorengrams.xyz

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    It's in game talking to the NPC for your faction. Top right, very small text.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    They're getting rid of blackout? Damn, it's a ton of fun.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I don't want to pick up the resources from EDZ 55 times for this ornament . . .

But it's the chest ornament, so it's an important one :(

Wish I had a ghost for that.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    cB557 wrote: »

They might not get rid of it. Personally I'd like them to tune it so it gives a little something back to the player because going full Benny Hill mode when a Minotaur decides he is bored of guns and just wants to smack you into the stone age with no upside for you is kind of dull imo.
    Tune up guardian melee damage in turn and I think it would be a perfectly fine modifier. However let's not forget that Siri has already mentioned it makes the game incredibly difficult to play for people who have hearing problems, so the no radar maybe needs to go as well because excluding people isn't cool.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

I'm not sure where you're seeing that they're "getting rid of blackout". All I see is that DMG said they'll be looking at Blackout/Grounded with a particular emphasis on concerns with how they mix with certain singes to produce really unpleasant strikes (his example being Pyramidion w/Grounded + Solar Singe, which does in fact suck).

• Options
    I wish they would change the 3-heroic strike milestone to a 3-strike milestone and leave some challenge in the heroic playlist, wonpeople who don’t want that can play vanguard strikes and still get their engrams. And I guess add bonus modifiers to vanguard or something.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    They should bring back fun modifiers that boost your power, not diminish them

Those are already in.

Every heroic strike is already 1 singe, 1 negative modifier and 1 positive modifier.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I wish they would change the 3-heroic strike milestone to a 3-strike milestone and leave some challenge in the heroic playlist, wonpeople who don’t want that can play vanguard strikes and still get their engrams. And I guess add bonus modifiers to vanguard or something.

Before doing that they would likely need to bring back Strike-specific gear (or something equivalent) for Heroics, as Catalysts are way too rare (and too few) to properly incentivize running Heroics without needing them for the Milestone.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

I sure didn't!

Yeah, as I'm sure you discovered, you just need to stand on the plates to lower the shield and Brakion will become vunerable again

It is pretty surprising the first time it happens though

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

Before doing that they would likely need to bring back Strike-specific gear (or something equivalent) for Heroics, as Catalysts are way too rare (and too few) to properly incentivize running Heroics without needing them for the Milestone.

If there was a reason beyond an emblem or something like that, wouldn’t we be very quickly back to people complaining about negative modifiers?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    metaghost wrote: »

I'm not sure where you're seeing that they're "getting rid of blackout". All I see is that DMG said they'll be looking at Blackout/Grounded with a particular emphasis on concerns with how they mix with certain singes to produce really unpleasant strikes (his example being Pyramidion w/Grounded + Solar Singe, which does in fact suck).

Blackout doesn't really have any combo with singes or anything

Melees kill you, the end

Which, again, I'm fine with, I enjoy the challenge. The only strike where I think it made it unfun has been removed from Heroics anyway

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I think this guy cracked the code on the story for the Forsaken: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8pbjqn/spoiler_a_dark_theory_concerning_the_potential/

No joke, don't read if you don't want the main expansion spoiled because I think he might be right on the money.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Psh, I said that in the SE thread yesterday. That guy fleshed out the lore evidence but it's not exactly hard to guess that they might go that route, the marketing is practically screaming it.

Peen on
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    On the one hand I'm not convinced.
    On the other hand it's pretty bad so yeah I can see it being what they go with.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I think this guy cracked the code on the story for the Forsaken: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8pbjqn/spoiler_a_dark_theory_concerning_the_potential/

No joke, don't read if you don't want the main expansion spoiled because I think he might be right on the money.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    One thing that struck me as weird was the prison thing. A prison full of the biggest, baddest dudes in the galaxy? We've killed thousands upon thousands of generals, mercenaries, lords of whatever, small gods, random mooks, scavengers who got in the way, probably some IT guys, you name it. Not once have we ever asked anyone if they want to surrender or come quietly.

Why is there a prison?

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    One thing that struck me as weird was the prison thing. A prison full of the biggest, baddest dudes in the galaxy? We've killed thousands upon thousands of generals, mercenaries, lords of whatever, small gods, random mooks, scavengers who got in the way, probably some IT guys, you name it. Not once have we ever asked anyone if they want to surrender or come quietly.

Why is there a prison?

So Variks can entertain himself.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I kinda feel like grinding for tokens tonight.

Could use some companions, who's up for that tonight, around 7 EDT?

@ElementWrath

hqdefault.jpg

Gonna be my huckleberry? :heartbeat:

• Options
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Surfpossum wrote: »

Why is there a prison?

So Variks can entertain himself.
    Oh, it's not... our prison. Okay nvm that's what I get for only half paying attention.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Did they fuck up elemental singes? My main got oneshotted at full health by an arc vandal sniper... During a void singe.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so apparently you can’t get hive melee kills for the ornament with arcstrider

i think i would literally shit myself if bungie ever shipped anything that worked properly

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

i think i would literally shit myself if bungie ever shipped anything that worked properly

Halo 3 existed

So

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Neat, that was part of the rando theory I had absentmindedly about the plot after watching the vidoc again. Although I worry about some details
    Uldren as the bad guy seems a bit farfetched, since I imagine they want to bring Mara back at some point. I sooner expect nastybad Fallen, some Darkness, or somethire: Dredgen Yor / Shadows of Yor.

Hype though. I want directions like that.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Neat, that was part of the rando theory I had absentmindedly about the plot after watching the vidoc again. Although I worry about some details
    Uldren as the bad guy seems a bit farfetched, since I imagine they want to bring Mara back at some point. I sooner expect nastybad Fallen, some Darkness, or somethire: Dredgen Yor / Shadows of Yor.

Hype though. I want directions like that.

That could still happen, though. In fact
    The expansion story could totally end with Mara coming back and beating her brother down for screwing up so hard that he killed a guardian leader.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Halo 3 existed

So

i played one halo exactly one time against my ex’s fourteen year old nephew and he absolutely destroyed me and i never played again

• Options
    that was like 12ish years ago

• Options
    edited June 2018
    There is no good god damn mother fucking reason that 3 powerful engrams in a row should decrypt into the same mother fucking armor slot.

Jesus Christ Bungie.

EDIT: Getting 1 additional power level total from every single fucking milestone together, in a week, is super rad!

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options

Apparently it's only top tree Arcstrider that doesn't work. I'm at 9/65 and I've only played Nightstalker. I can't image that I've killed 9 enemies with smoke bombs... I wonder if it's counting regular melee kills as long as I have a charged bomb.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    There is no good god damn mother fucking reason that 3 powerful engrams in a row should decrypt into the same mother fucking armor slot.

Jesus Christ Bungie.

First one: Plus 4 on slot, nice!
    Second one: Ugh, but at least it's one better than before.
    Third one: ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, NO IMPROVEMENT

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »

Apparently it's only top tree Arcstrider that doesn't work. I'm at 9/65 and I've only played Nightstalker. I can't image that I've killed 9 enemies with smoke bombs... I wonder if it's counting regular melee kills as long as I have a charged bomb.

that would be nice if it did

i’ll have to check out some options

This discussion has been closed.