As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] The Sacrifice is here!

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    The Archwing seems to have issues in the plains. A single rocket knocks you out of Archwing mode wasting a use, the controls are weird, and while I miss due to height, enemies have hitscan weapons and thus don't, not to mention you are always in line of fire of everyone.

Makes looking for iradite faster though.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    The Archwing seems to have issues in the plains. A single rocket knocks you out of Archwing mode wasting a use, the controls are weird, and while I miss due to height, enemies have hitscan weapons and thus don't, not to mention you are always in line of fire of everyone.

That's what Amesha's layers of invincibility are for.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Polaritie wrote: »

Those don't stop you from being knocked out of the sky though. But otherwise, yeah, it's super useful. I also find using the archwing on the plains as a sniper platform is ideal. Just take Vectis Prime straight up several hundred feet and snipe motherfuckers all day.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Don't have a Vectis Prime, I'm afraid. Wasn't that vaulted? Do have a normal Vectis and a Lanka, though.

For now I've been bringing an Ogris I'm leveling and kind of playing a B-52 for testing.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Itzal has invisibility (and is also the best for zipping around, in general)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Those don't stop you from being knocked out of the sky though. But otherwise, yeah, it's super useful. I also find using the archwing on the plains as a sniper platform is ideal. Just take Vectis Prime straight up several hundred feet and snipe motherfuckers all day.

Stopping and going into stealth mode instantly cancels all enemy lockons, not to mention you can phase through projectiles. There's really no downside.

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »

Stopping and going into stealth mode instantly cancels all enemy lockons, not to mention you can phase through projectiles. There's really no downside.

You're thinking of Itzal, not Amesha. Amesha is the archwing with the damage prevention/healing abilities. And yeah, Itzal's abilities would also pair well with sniping on the plains. But at long enough range it doesn't matter because they never know you're there.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I am still not used to using the archwing at all. I've only done a few missions in it. still seems weird and hard to use.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I suspect the rockets knocking you out of the sky in one hit is by design to make grineer at least slightly dangerous/annoying to you when flying

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Sacrifice patch is deploying now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    neat

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    It's a 2GB patch so for those of you on slower internet, be prepared for a wait. I am excited for the quest though!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    oh jesus yeah this is gonna take a while

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    oh jesus yeah this is gonna take a while

Don't worry, I'll PM you spoilers. :rotate:

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I will remember this you monster

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    i have a bout 20 mins left on the download, so i should be able to play a bit of it tonight =)

• Options
    Hype Prime in the oven now :rotate:.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Drifting Contact now works on exalted weapons.

Time to build a claw build on Valkyr again.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Ordis help with the puzzles...no help even more...you have no idea how much I suck ordis.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    As a recent console adoptee, it's really cool to see all the hype in the community regarding the Sacrifice. I only completed Chains of Harrow and Apostasy like two weeks ago, so I have way less anticipation than the community, so it's crazy to see the hype levels. Warframe is pretty special.

That said man is it going to suck avoiding the internet for a few weeks before Xbox gets the update.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    They're not mucking around with subtle lore hints with this one. It's pretty amazing.

So I was going to be happy with Umbra just being a unique skin but wait there's more:
    He gets 3 of his own amped up mods for his frame, 2 for his blade AND his passive is he keeps fighting when you go void mode!

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Break it to me softly... does Excalibur’s Exalted Blade have a D polarity?

• Options
    They're not mucking around with subtle lore hints with this one. It's pretty amazing.

So I was going to be happy with Umbra just being a unique skin but wait there's more:
    He gets 3 of his own amped up mods for his frame, 2 for his blade AND his passive is he keeps fighting when you go void mode!

It's really neat, yeah, except for one thing...
    Those exalted weapon mods can be used by other frames too (e.g. Valkyr), except you can't polarize for that slot type. So Umbra just gets straight better in that regard. (Well, Valkyr's claws have WAY higher base crit rate, which is good).

I do feel they dropped the ball a bit with this patch though. The quest is very much geared for people who have been doing eidolon hunts and such already - it's a massive pain if you've been chasing down other things instead. Valkyr Prime kind of cheeses everything on the star map. My damage isn't quite there for doing sorties (need to level more mods...), but anything short of that is just press 4 and tear apart.

Well, you know, until this whole bit. The progression curve is a little silly here - you go from War Within to unlock all the grind, then Sacrifice is basically just a short trip around the star map and Harrow quest away. This is really the first time spoiler mode has been needed for the progression stuff I guess, except... there's kind of a sheer cliff of grind to start progressing it. And this makes it painfully obvious.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Oh god, no. You mean I actually have to go to the grass field and mine for fish?

The things I do for Space Mom.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Basil wrote: »
    Oh god, no. You mean I actually have to go to the grass field and mine for fish?

The things I do for Space Mom.

Have to? No.

But it's miserable with a mote amp. And the whole part where operator is squishy kind of gets in the way too (things tuned for hurting warframes that can see you through void cloak...) And you'll want consumables for health for the end probably.

Basically, operator stuff used to be more or less entirely optional, so the steep start up wasn't too big a deal. But if they're going to make it essential going forward they need to rethink that.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    That quest was rad, and unfortunately I'm finished with it and have to wait until the next big quest so I can see where this is all going. But holy shit it was cool

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    It was short but packed to the brim with juicy lore and very cool cinematic moments.

• Options
    spoilers for the sacrifice and having a mote amp only.
    so, i'm stuck. the mission where you gotta kill 5 sentient mimics in a corpus room then deplete umbras shields. i can get the mimics easily enough, ivara plus tigris prime makes fun times even more fun, but after that, you gotta take out umbra's shields and i literally cannot do it. umbra gives no fucks that i am 'stealthed'. he just fucks me up with relentless sword strikes, whether i am in the frame or operator mode. nothing i do affects him enough to give me a second to breath, it's just operator pops out, gets a 2 second cast of void beam (or whatever it's called) and umbra destroys me, i get sent back into ivara and then umbra gets to works on my warframe which pretty much stunlocks me through my 3 revives and then game over.

so i honestly don't know if my game is broken or if i just cannot complete the quest until i get amp parts for my operator; or if i should even try to finish the quest since i have access to the fucking umbra warframe without having to finish the quests. i can always just watch the story stuff on youtube.

i am annoyed and aggravated.

• Options
    SteveRage wrote: »
    so, i'm stuck. the mission where you gotta kill 5 sentient mimics in a corpus room then deplete umbras shields. i can get the mimics easily enough, ivara plus tigris prime makes fun times even more fun, but after that, you gotta take out umbra's shields and i literally cannot do it. umbra gives no fucks that i am 'stealthed'. he just fucks me up with relentless sword strikes, whether i am in the frame or operator mode. nothing i do affects him enough to give me a second to breath, it's just operator pops out, gets a 2 second cast of void beam (or whatever it's called) and umbra destroys me, i get sent back into ivara and then umbra gets to works on my warframe which pretty much stunlocks me through my 3 revives and then game over.

so i honestly don't know if my game is broken or if i just cannot complete the quest until i get amp parts for my operator; or if i should even try to finish the quest since i have access to the fucking umbra warframe without having to finish the quests. i can always just watch the story stuff on youtube.

Even with a decent amp he'd do that to me to, you kind of have to get a shot or two void dash shot or two, so on.

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    orokin reactor invasion up

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options

I did manage to get Umbra with just a mote amp (and my only focus unlocks so far as two ranks of the first zenurik node and one of energizing dash).
    Yes, the umbra fights are stupid.

Suggestions:
    1) Abuse geometry. The AI is dumb and you can void dash to higher levels in some of them to confuse it.
    2) Health packs for your warframe
    3) Bring a tougher warframe. Ivara is built for stealthy assassination, and is a terrible match for Umbra. I did that part by just eating operator "death" and zapping it over and over until it let me trigger the cutscene. Valkyr takes a LOT more to kill, and since my shields come back every time I pop out for void beams it wasn't too hard to stay alive.

Actually, you REALLY want to just do #2 anyways.

• Options

I did manage to get Umbra with just a mote amp (and my only focus unlocks so far as two ranks of the first zenurik node and one of energizing dash).
    Yes, the umbra fights are stupid.

Suggestions:
    1) Abuse geometry. The AI is dumb and you can void dash to higher levels in some of them to confuse it.
    2) Health packs for your warframe
    3) Bring a tougher warframe. Ivara is built for stealthy assassination, and is a terrible match for Umbra. I did that part by just eating operator "death" and zapping it over and over until it let me trigger the cutscene. Valkyr takes a LOT more to kill, and since my shields come back every time I pop out for void beams it wasn't too hard to stay alive.

Actually, you REALLY want to just do #2 anyways.
    Having unbound the Vazarin waybound points and having the Madurai waybound points maxed really helped in those parts. My operator is really tanky, and if I'd been using Vazarin I'd have been even more so with the operator bubble shield while in void mode.

Having a 212 amp also helped bring Umbra's shields down very quickly, and also helped murder the shit out of sentients.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Just got a hotfix, it seems to have fixed the arsenal freezing bug. Gonna see if I can finish the last mission now.

[edit] Yay it worked!

Deans on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Holy shit, you guys

I WANT MORE

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »
    Holy shit, you guys

I WANT MORE
    Yeah, that was a hell of a place to leave it at for another however many months it takes them to do another cinematic quest (I think I heard it was 8 months?)

But yeah, if people need plains materials to make amps, I'm willing to hand out the fish to make them for free, but the biggest hurdle is probably the cetus wisps, which aren't tradable

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I have a basic 3 part amp and it didn't really feel much better than the mote amp for dealing with this quest, do some of the higher rep tier amp parts vastly increase the damage or something?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I suspect the rockets knocking you out of the sky in one hit is by design to make grineer at least slightly dangerous/annoying to you when flying

Honestly the moment I get into a bounty and enemies get a semi-decent level, I find they're WAY more dangerous while flying than on foot. I have no cover, they do not seem to miss basically ever, and they can all shoot me at the same time, so while my Odonata technically has more shield and HP than my frame, it's basically shredded in seconds. At least it's ablative, so all it costs me is the resources it takes to make archwing callers.

I should try making another Archwing, but man am I not looking forward to leveling that guy. Even my Odonata is only at 25 and I've used it for every Archwing mission in the map with a reasonable amount of repeats.

Drascin on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I have a basic 3 part amp and it didn't really feel much better than the mote amp for dealing with this quest, do some of the higher rep tier amp parts vastly increase the damage or something?

The arcanes do. The tier 3 alt fire is especially great for non-tridolon missions, since it's a homing laser with a fairly long range. It especially makes kuva siphons a snap

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Sacrifice was pretty interesting

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Ianator wrote: »
    Holy shit, you guys

I WANT MORE
    Yeah, that was a hell of a place to leave it at for another however many months it takes them to do another cinematic quest (I think I heard it was 8 months?)

But yeah, if people need plains materials to make amps, I'm willing to hand out the fish to make them for free, but the biggest hurdle is probably the cetus wisps, which aren't tradable

I was listening to one of the dev's earlier doing a podcast, evidently there was only a small team doing crunch on sacrifice as most of the staff were working on "What comes after" the sacrifice.

I'm hopeful that means a shorter wait before the next content patch.

This discussion has been closed.