Options

[Fallout] Your Cube Was Nuked By xXx420yolo_69

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Well, I've decided to go all in on making it to the endgame of Fallout Shelter for the first time after losing interest in my last few playthroughs.

Here goes nothing.

Wait, Fallout Shelter has an ending?
    I said "endgame", not ending.

Want to try to collect all the things or reach a certain satisfaction with my setup.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The endgame of Fallout Shelter is like, all the Deathclaws raiding you on a constant basis right?

Jumping ship to Fallout: NV, anyone know of a mod that gets rid of the goddamn slow-motion "you killed something!" camera? Jesus I hate that crap.

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    The endgame of Fallout Shelter is like, all the Deathclaws raiding you on a constant basis right?

Jumping ship to Fallout: NV, anyone know of a mod that gets rid of the goddamn slow-motion "you killed something!" camera? Jesus I hate that crap.
    You can turn that off in options, no mod needed.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    I think FO Shelter just ended whenever you felt like there wasn't anything left to do. I remember getting my base about maxed out, and the only real upgrades left were to try and equip everyone in power armor, except I basically never got power armor let alone enough for the whole vault. So I stopped there.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    My Vault has everyone at level 50, 10s across the board in SPECIAL, and at 100% happiness (or close enough that's what the average comes out to). It's also up against the population cap, so I've stopped letting anyone in. I've filled in the weapons list and almost filled the clothing list, barring seasonal and unique outfits. For a while I was still opening lunchboxes, in hopes of getting unique dwellers, more pets, etc but I eventually gave up on that and haven't touched the game in months.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Does anyone happen to know the appropriate image-dimensions for book-pages like Grognak's?

Looks like 730 x 1024 left-aligned on a 1024 x 1024 .dds works fine.

PLA on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Why is it so fucking hard to get the ultrawidescreen fix working on Fallout 4? I feel like I've been transported back to the 90's when installing mods required a PhD.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I forgot how much more deadly Rad Scorpions are in New Vegas compared to 3. Fucking ow.

I'm a little confused about something. When I get stealth kills, I'm gaining karma. I don't remember that being a thing in New Vegas at all. I don't have any overhaul type mods at play and certainly nothing that describes this being a function they provide.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I forgot how much more deadly Rad Scorpions are in New Vegas compared to 3. Fucking ow.

I'm a little confused about something. When I get stealth kills, I'm gaining karma. I don't remember that being a thing in New Vegas at all. I don't have any overhaul type mods at play and certainly nothing that describes this being a function they provide.

That's New Vegas. The factions like when you kill members of the other faction.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

That's New Vegas. The factions like when you kill members of the other faction.

And the factions whose members you kill also hold it against you, so one group likes you more and one group likes you less. Further, if you do something like kill a member of a faction that likes you, they may not completely hate you immediately but they will like you less while still remaining well-known to the group. Aaaand you have to be careful with outfits because if you take an outfit you like off of one faction, any faction that considers them an enemy will attack you on site; if the group whose outfit you're wearing hates you as well, wearing the outfit can keep them from attacking you as long as you don't get close enough to be identified.

It's a lot more granular than FO3 where you have some universal reputation from doing good or bad things.

• Options
    Oh okay, so it may not necessarily be "karma" but more of earning reputation. Got'cha.

I forgot how much of a gulf there was in the design between NV and 3. Not to say Bethesda did a bad job with 3. Obsidian literally had the benefit of seeing FO3 play out + fan reactions, plus they got to work with all the assets Bethesda had to take time making.

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    What things were you killing? As I recall, killing feral ghouls actually does give you good karma.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    feral ghouls and fiends. maybe powder gangers, bit i'm not positive.

it's why it's basically impossible to have negative or neutral karma.

• Options
    What things were you killing? As I recall, killing feral ghouls actually does give you good karma.
    Powder Gangers and feral ghouls. Thing is, the karma notice only comes up if it's a sneak-attack kill.

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Powder Gangers and feral ghouls. Thing is, the karma notice only comes up if it's a sneak-attack kill.

Both of those groups give you good karma for kills by default. I wouldn't worry about it. You're probably getting the karma just fine and there's some issue with the notification itself like it bugging out or just being on a cooldown timer/not popping mid combat. Even if you're not getting as much kill karma as you're supposed to, it hardly makes a difference.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Karma is entirely pointless in NV, anyway.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Chuck a bottle of water at Micky.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Oh okay, so it may not necessarily be "karma" but more of earning reputation. Got'cha.

I forgot how much of a gulf there was in the design between NV and 3. Not to say Bethesda did a bad job with 3. Obsidian literally had the benefit of seeing FO3 play out + fan reactions, plus they got to work with all the assets Bethesda had to take time making.

No, there can be karma involved too. I forget the name of the bandit group, but spend a few evenings fighting the marauders outside of New Vegas and you will find it impossible to get a bad karma score even if you try to roleplay as Adolf Stalin, archdemon of the soviet Reich.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Started Fallout Resurrection.

Haven't gotten very far yet but its certainly retained the first two game's style of NPCs resorting to deadly force after one or two insults.

Sadly not very viable in these games to do that since it winds up pissing off the entire map regardless of who threw hands first.

• Options
    Finally made it to Novac, with the first home / safe containers in New Vegas (yes I know about running north to the Strip if you're suicidal). The game is somewhat of a slog to this point because of how tight your inventory space is, especially if you're playing on hardcore mode and having to keep food & water on hand. Still it's a good feel, makes me very aware of everywhere I'm going and it changes the importance of what you loot in a fun way.

By the way I've totally noticed a considerable change in caps availability on merchants between this game and3, although the need to spend as much hasn't changed (minus the implants you can get, I know those cost a ton).

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I don't really subscribe to the packrat mentality of the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games. I usually only pick up what I need - stimpacks, ammunition, upgraded equipment. In the elder scrolls I usually make my money by only carrying lightweight valuables such as gems, jewelry, and spell scrolls.

Which is what makes it so irritating when Bethesda seems to design around the idea that I'll be picking up everything that isn't nailed down.

There are so many places in Fallout 4 that are basically just boringly empty except for all the "junk" they want you to pick up for your settlements.

RT800 on
  • Options
    RT800 wrote: »
    I don't really subscribe to the packrat mentality of the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games. I usually only pick up what I need - stimpacks, ammunition, upgraded equipment. In the elder scrolls I usually make my money by only carrying lightweight valuables such as gems, jewelry, and spell scrolls.

Which is what makes it so irritating when Bethesda seems to design around the idea that I'll be picking up everything that isn't nailed down.

There are so many places in Fallout 4 that are basically just boringly empty except for all the "junk" they want you to pick up for your settlements.
    I don't think they necessarily design it to encourage that per se. It started out as a flavor / immersive thing. Wanna pick up that fork? Okay, but now what?

After a while there was probably an uptick in people complaining about all things being useful somehow. So Fallout 4 answered it directly. But even with that answer, it's still take-what-you-need. If you're trying to min-max your settlement building then I guess you really will be looting everything in sight. Success at the game isn't predicated on that though.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    I was a walking vacuum cleaner even before settlements, so I'm glad it at least has a purpose now.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    As frustrating as it is to try and lug everything back to base, it sure is fun turning a bunch of forks and plates into a naval cannon or cryo turret.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Scooter wrote: »
    I was a walking vacuum cleaner even before settlements, so I'm glad it at least has a purpose now.

I liked the whatsitcalled grenade in Prey that sucked in stuff and compressed it to raw materials.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    This is probably old news, but it doesn't sound like your base getting nuked is going to be all that common in Fallout 76. If someone does nuke you, they're doing you a favor. Sounds like the damage done to your base is easily repairable, and you'll already be in the nuke zone and able to collect the rare resources and legendary weapons. Nuking another player would be a massive waste of time spent grinding the launch code quests.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

There was always that quest where you needed 20 pencils or toasters or whatever. Never again will I not be prepared for those.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    This is probably old news, but it doesn't sound like your base getting nuked is going to be all that common in Fallout 76. If someone does nuke you, they're doing you a favor. Sounds like the damage done to your base is easily repairable, and you'll already be in the nuke zone and able to collect the rare resources and legendary weapons. Nuking another player would be a massive waste of time spent grinding the launch code quests.
    On the other hand, the area will be a nuclear hellhole with (probably) high level legendary enemies roaming around with extreme amounts of radiation, making returning to your base and trying to rebuild and regroup kind of rough for awhile if you don't have power armor ready.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    On the other hand, the area will be a nuclear hellhole with (probably) high level legendary enemies roaming around with extreme amounts of radiation, making returning to your base and trying to rebuild and regroup kind of rough for awhile if you don't have power armor ready.

True, but then you can just log in to a different server, return to that area of the map and plop down your completed base blueprint. Also (again probably old news, I dunno... I haven't kept up with the thread) it doesn't sound like radiation kills you in Fallout76. Enough exposure can cause you to mutate, which leads to benefits and drawbacks for your character. If the negative trait is too shitty for you, you can lose the mutation bu curing your radiation.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular

There was always that quest where you needed 20 pencils or toasters or whatever. Never again will I not be prepared for those.

I remember when 3 was first released, a buddy told me someone wanted cans, so I spent hours collecting dozens of them before he told me he made it up.

• Options
    edited June 2018

True, but then you can just log in to a different server, return to that area of the map and plop down your completed base blueprint. Also (again probably old news, I dunno... I haven't kept up with the thread) it doesn't sound like radiation kills you in Fallout76. Enough exposure can cause you to mutate, which leads to benefits and drawbacks for your character. If the negative trait is too shitty for you, you can lose the mutation bu curing your radiation.
    It seems like you'll need power armor for the nuked areas like the glowing sea so I figure radiation is functionally the same, just with added chance for mutations now.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

I remember when 3 was first released, a buddy told me someone wanted cans, so I spent hours collecting dozens of them before he told me he made it up.

Yeah but easy nuka nades then.

• Options
    Who has two thumbs blown off because he forgot faction assassins were a thing in New Vegas and got blown up by a truck that also had motorcycles on it that also blew up?

This guy. :(

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Lord help me I'm back on my bullshit. I just reinstalled New Vegas. Probably gonna stream it instead of FO4.

When I beat New Vegas I was kinda rushing through just to see the ending in question, I barely explored the desert.

Immediately sprint north of town, don't listen to all the people trying to send you the long way around.

You do like death bugs, right?

Uh, yeah, that's where my underground hideout's entrance is located.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Lord help me I'm back on my bullshit. I just reinstalled New Vegas. Probably gonna stream it instead of FO4.

When I beat New Vegas I was kinda rushing through just to see the ending in question, I barely explored the desert.

Immediately sprint north of town, don't listen to all the people trying to send you the long way around.

That's always a fun trek for any new game I start cuz I needs mah hideout.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

That's always a fun trek for any new game I start cuz I needs mah hideout.

Yeah that sprint is non-optional. I must serve the wall.

It hungers for weapons.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I live for item degradation.

The sound of stuff being repaired in 3 and NV presses a button that activates the satisfaction center of my brain. I don't know why, it just does.

I also love just going around my player home just organizing stuff and carrying capacity limits.

I hate carrying capacity limits, especially super small ones, especially in games where you're encouraged to be a packrat

and since 76 is always online no player choice, unlike every other survival game you can't just host a custom server with your own carry weight values

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Actually, I hate item degradation now that I realized you're probably not going to be able to repair weapons, armor and stuff but rather have to craft it again if this really follows the survival game mold.

I have seen the light.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Maybe you'll be able to craft repair kits.

5gsowHm.png
This discussion has been closed.