Options

Live. Die. [Movie]. Repeat.

minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying fieldnjRegistered User regular
This here is where the movie talk goes. On account of our old movie hole gettin' shuttered up good.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Sheeeeiittt I ain't rightly sure 'bout no newfangled thread

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    3clipse wrote: »
    Sheeeeiittt I ain't rightly sure 'bout no newfangled thread

Well sumgoose, you best be gettin' sure.

Okay, so -- Gonna see a movie with the greater family this weekend. Incredibles 2, Oceans 8, or my personal dark horse candidate, Hearts Beat Loud?

Which one should I campaign for?

minor incident on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Incredibles 2 was pretty good IMO.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I'm kinda still thinking about that Rolling Stone Johnny Depp piece and am still unsure entirely of what I think, except that it makes me profoundly sad

• Options
    I'm kinda still thinking about that Rolling Stone Johnny Depp piece and am still unsure entirely of what I think, except that it makes me profoundly sad

Mind linking it here? I haven't seen it yet.

• Options

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/johnny-depp-lawsuit-marriage-w521671

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I dont think I'm sad that an abuser is no longer rich

Good

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I could not be less sad that a rich dipshit blew all his money.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Incredibles 2 was pretty good IMO.

ehhhhhhhh

I dunno, it was fine. But if it didn't have the existing brand of the incredibles behind it, I really don't think it would have been made.
    Bob is just a shitty husband. The story is super fractured, there are just way too many random superheroes that get enough screen time so you want to know more, but none of them get enough screen time. That and they really wrote themselves into a corner by saying Jackjack had one million powers and the story really suffered for it.

Dash did absolutely nothing in the movie and it felt that none of the character's growth really felt earned. Bob dropped his kid off at someone's house and then was a good parent because he got sleep?

I dunno, I loved the first one because it was about working together, and that showed up in the action as well, they were successful when they worked together, the parents using their powers together, Dash and Violet in the force ball all of that.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Like I don’t know if I could blow 650 million dollars deliberately let alone just by being that much of a fucking schmuck

Tube on
  • Options
    Without even getting into the fact that he's an abusive dipshit, I doubt I'll ever have the capacity to feel too much sympathy for the financial troubles of someone when the first sentence of the article is detailing their luxurious 10,000sq ft mansion.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    Like I don’t know if I could blow 650 million dollars deliberately let alone just by being that much of a fucking schmuck

I feel like I could buy every single stupid thing on my "if I win the lottery" list like 4 times over and not blow through a tenth of that kind of money.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    he didn't even blow his money on dinosaur bones, like nic cage

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    he didn't even blow his money on dinosaur bones, like nic cage

Those dinosaur bones are an investment, man.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2018
    I think watching someone piss away their considerable talent and become a self-indulgent abusive addict is quite sad. I don't feel sorry for him, but it's sad.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    It honestly mostly comes off like he's gonna die soon because he's using a lot of drugs (even by Hollywood standards) and blowing through a bunch of money (even by Hollywood standards) and not listening to anyone trying to get him help regarding either of those things

And he's a scumbag so I kinda want to not mind that? but also he was my favorite actor in a lot of my favorite films when I was a kid and teen, and it sucks to see how far he fell off the cliff (and how fast it seemed to happen) and that does hurt a bit

And also I've just seen this general story play out too many times this way in Hollywood and that hurts a lot

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/johnny-depp-lawsuit-marriage-w521671

He comes off in this as exactly as much of a self-important dipshit as he seems like he would be.

• Options
    Although I feel slightly bad in that it's clear he's being badly taken advantage of by this new lawyer dude who works for Putin.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    this is a portrait of someone trying to desperately fill a void where his soul should be.

also
    "Here Are the American Executives Who Are Working on Behalf of Putin." Waldman was the first on the list,
    because no story in 2018 is complete unless there's an international political scandal loosely attached

edit
    "In retrospect, it appears that Depp may suffer from a compulsive-spending disorder,
    ya think???

tynic on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Based on the first half to two-thirds of Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, I hope they make like five more of these. These are prime examples of the mid-budget action films we need more of. $60m is nothing to scoff at, obviously, but for a Tom Cruise movie this entertaining? Yeah, please do more.

• Options
    Fawst wrote: »
    Based on the first half to two-thirds of Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, I hope they make like five more of these. These are prime examples of the mid-budget action films we need more of. $60m is nothing to scoff at, obviously, but for a Tom Cruise movie this entertaining? Yeah, please do more.

That movie is fucking great.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Y'all seen that Jason Statham shark movie trailer

• Options
    i need to finally watch the jack reacher movies

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Ok so my ultimate takeaway from that article is (and note, I'm not saying Depp should be involved at all, in fact keep him the hell away, but) - this movie really needs to be made
    a remake of Titanic, filmed entirely in a bathtub.

tynic on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

I should watch the second one considering I’ve read all the books.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

I think you’d like them ok for their pulp qualities.

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    Ok so my ultimate takeaway from that article is (and note, I'm not saying Depp should be involved at all, in fact keep him the hell away, but) - this movie really needs to be made
    a remake of Titanic, filmed entirely in a bathtub.

yes i actually do want that

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

It's gonna be dumb fun and I can't wait

Seeing its poster for the first time was the hardest I think I ever cheered seeing a poster

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I’ve been waiting for Meg for like 20 years, and I think it’ll be worth that wait.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Haven't seen the second one yet.

Still like to use "Remember, you wanted this" in conversation at least once a week.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options

Haven't seen the second one yet.

Still like to use "Remember, you wanted this" in conversation at least once a week.

There’s a bit in the second one where he tells a guy exactly how hes going to beat him up and then it comes to the fight and it really looks like he’s going to have to beat him up in a less specific way and then nope he totally pulls it off.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

It's gonna be dumb fun and I can't wait

Seeing its poster for the first time was the hardest I think I ever cheered seeing a poster

Hahaha that rules

• Options

I think you’d like them ok for their pulp qualities.

i have no doubts i'd dig them

there is just so much media that it is impossible to be caught up on everything

which i love, but leaves me with all these weird gaps as i pursue tangents and off-radar indie junk

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I watched Who’s Afraid Of Virginia Woolf, finally. Such a good film.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I also just watched Before I Fall - I really liked it. Now I feel like shit. But it was good.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I watched Hard Candy again today.

I'm not about to claim it's the best written movie ever or anything, but it's incredibly engaging, and Slade's style just works on me in a serious way. It bums me out he hasn't done any films since that Twilight movie.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I got around to watching Deadpool 2 tonight. I enjoyed it, but I'm curious as to whether or not the after credits stuff actually counts as far as the movie. Because that would kind of rewrite the movie. Also make it not exist in the technical sense.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I watched Hard Candy again today.

I'm not about to claim it's the best written movie ever or anything, but it's incredibly engaging, and Slade's style just works on me in a serious way. It bums me out he hasn't done any films since that Twilight movie.

Oh man, that guy did a Twilight?
    I love Hard Candy

• Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    I got around to watching Deadpool 2 tonight. I enjoyed it, but I'm curious as to whether or not the after credits stuff actually counts as far as the movie. Because that would kind of rewrite the movie. Also make it not exist in the technical sense.

The director said the post credits stuff is canon

This discussion has been closed.