Options

[chat]: favors between lovers

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    yes (charmander)
    kedinik wrote: »
    I just got an email asking me to schedule an interview next week for a dream job

I sent this application out, what, 4 months ago?

Err, how am I supposed to get a day off work from a new job for an unexpected interview in a different state

You shouldn't need to give an excuse to take PTO or a sick day, right? Just say you can't be there (either with forewarning or unexpectedly due to 'illness') and then don't be there.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    yes (charmander)
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I just got an email asking me to schedule an interview next week for a dream job

Err, how am I supposed to get a day off work from a new job for an unexpected interview in a different state

It's a shame to hear that your dear poor aunt, who lives on her on but is getting up there in years, had that fall over the weekend

You'd better go check on her

"Boss, sorry, but my dear poor aunt lives on her on but."

Just because I couldn't type my way out of a paper bag, and I shamelessly mix metaphors, doesn't mean my ideas aren't sound, kedinik! :P

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    squirtle
    credeiki wrote: »

You shouldn't need to give an excuse to take PTO or a sick day, right? Just say you can't be there (either with forewarning or unexpectedly due to 'illness') and then don't be there.

You just reply back that you were already there, where were they?!

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    *drake singing voice*
    I was playing fortnite with Ninja on the day my kid was born

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    *drake rapping voice* check the k/d though

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    yes (charmander)
    y2jake215 wrote: »

The best part is it's from 4 years ago and it's only gotten truer with time

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Saw someone on twitter the other day say Drake is the Nickelback of rappers and I can't shake it.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Saw someone on twitter the other day say Drake is the Nickelback of rappers and I can't shake it.

I dont really get it other than they’re both Canadian

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Both stand as mediocre homonculus of their chosen genres, ostensibly true to the real article but somehow bereft of a soul

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    i mean not as bereft of a soul as xxxtenacious but

• Options

Both stand as mediocre homonculus of their chosen genres, ostensibly true to the real article but somehow bereft of a soul

drake's good though

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    squirtle
    Ludious wrote: »
    i mean not as bereft of a soul as xxxtenacious but

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I've never heard an entire drake song

• Options
    yes (charmander)

Yeah I mean of course

Draw some extra high contrast eyes or other features on or breakup the expected contours of a face and that's going to fuck with things

Relatedly, there's a whole field of fooling machine learning algorithms in various ways--camouflage for drones, ships, etc intended not to fool people but detection and classification algorithms

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    yes (charmander)

Yeah I mean of course

Draw some extra high contrast eyes or other features on or breakup the expected contours of a face and that's going to fuck with things

Relatedly, there's a whole field of fooling machine learning algorithms in various ways--camouflage for drones, ships, etc intended not to fool people but detection and classification algorithms
    Juggalos... Cyberpunk AF?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    no (bulbasaur)

Wait the frickin jokers from batman beyond had a plausible reason for wearing clown makeup beyond homage to the joker

Sleep on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

stop the planet I want to get off

• Options

Yeah I mean of course

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage

not quite the same but

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Laughing Man, but a juggalo face

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    We made fun of them for so long

but when an Orwellian nightmare was unleashed upon us, the dark carnival opened its tent flaps to us anyway

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Can I get Twitch Prime if I'm just bumming off of a family members Amazon Prime account?

It does work. It is sometime sorta inconsistent but for Pillars it just worked for me.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Oh no. Without facial recognition how will we ever recognize them.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

Juggalos were a bridge too far?

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    squirtle

drake's good though

At what?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    We made fun of them for so long

but when an Orwellian nightmare was unleashed upon us, the dark carnival opened its tent flaps to us anyway

no thanks
    ill just embrace the nightmare
    the orwellian one. not the juggalo one

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    yes (charmander)

Yeah I mean of course

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage

not quite the same but

Yeah it's dazzle camouflage for the modern era--I think it's really neat

Some of my colleagues put in a bid to work on the topic and if we win it it'll be really fun, especially if we get past the initial proof of concept stage and get to start painting things :D

• Options
    You know what at this point if I have to become a juggalo to save democracy

whatever man hand me the faygo, I don't care anymore, let's just spit in the void's eye

• Options

drake's good though

At what?

Rapping
    Singing
    Acting
    Briefly hiding children

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018

drake's good though

At what?

Rapping
    Singing
    Acting
    Briefly hiding children

Name one rapper who wears more ugly mom sweaters, you can't. GOAT

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    squirtle
    i'm not sure being a juggalo and saving democracy have much to do with each other

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Avoiding detection and surveillance is like..80% of being an effective revolutionary

• Options
    yes (charmander)
    P10 wrote: »
    i'm not sure being a juggalo and saving democracy have much to do with each other

There's the vague sense that it's necessary to beat facial recognition in order to save democracy
    That's only true if you intend to take extralegal actions to save democracy and law enforcement uses facial recognition as a tool, and even then not necessarily true

• Options
    Six wrote: »

look we've been on thin ice for a while

this is just the last straw

• Options

whoa whoa whoa, it better not be a plastic one

• Options
    P10 wrote: »

There's the vague sense that it's necessary to beat facial recognition in order to save democracy
    That's only true if you intend to take extralegal actions to save democracy and law enforcement uses facial recognition as a tool, and even then not necessarily true

Next your'e going to tell me it was premature to burn all my fingerprints off.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

whoa whoa whoa, it better not be a plastic one

jfc