As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Realm draws tonight! Login for a free 11 pull for player favs! (Daily Draw!)

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Oh dear. It looks like I need to do some Wisdom/Bravery and Vitality/Bravery legend dives if I am to balance out my mote counts.

At least on the WIS side of things, I can throw it at Onion (Only have his BSB, though), Tyro (I could always use extra Wall or Hymn time) or maybe Fujin (that would make me want to get her Enwind SSB off of the Archives). But that VIT pool is still some really slim pickings. I dearly wish Minfilia's BSB commands where Knight-typed, so that she could get efficient use of that LM2, as maligned as the imperil LM2s are. Nanaki doesn't really need extended buff time, since I'll probably be spamming his USB in any fight where I need the Astra anyway. Sazh has a similar issue, but maybe I could use it to get his USB and BSB rolling at the same time in a given fight? And let's not even get started on Rikku's horribly unfocused dive.

I actually think one of my better choices would be Prompto, for the chance-to-imperil on Machinist abilities, since his USB imperils the enemy and makes Machinist abilities speed-cycle. In a sea of mildly-effective debuff or buff duration extenders, that could actually be useful (I've had good times with a similar LM2 on Agrias). Am I missing any glaring options? I've already dove Ramza and Shelke.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Marche is another entrust bot option.

Prompto's isn't too bad with the imperil machinist abilities I think I heard? I can't speak from experience though.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    It's probably going to get a lot better when they introduce a 6-star variant of Spark Offer.

Also, Marche? I think you meant Morrow.

Enlong on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Quina has a decent trance.

• Options
    Quina has a decent trance.

Ah, good point.

• Options
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I gave up on balancing mote usage. At this point I just write Bravery and Vitality motes off as irrelevant. I treat Dexterity as my number of physical dives and the lesser of Wisdom and Spirit as my number of magic dives. It's simpler that way.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Ugh, I had an AMAZING sub-30 run all set to go, but Ultimate Bioga keeps kicking my ass

• Options
    Quick reminder that cid missions for magicite reset mid week if you want that extra gil

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Quick reminder that cid missions for magicite reset mid week if you want that extra gil

Oh, those CMs reset on Wednesday instead of Saturday, now?

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »

Oh, those CMs reset on Wednesday instead of Saturday, now?

No, because of maintenance.

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    My magic team in IX now plays like a legit A team. What a difference a single pull makes. My previous best damage options were Steiner BSB, Beatrix BSB2/OSB, and Zidane BSB, with Eiko BSB for crit boost. Kuja USB and Vivi USB tie my magic relics together:

Vivi BSB2/USB, Kuja USB (+BSB), Garnet CSB/BSBs (and Eiko USB). So now I can start with Vivi BSB2, Garnet CSB, and Hastega for buffs, and transition to the USBs with Garnet BSB2 buffing after the chain finishes. Crushed Meltigemini like a soda can, Torment 280 sub-30 should be very doable.

• Options
    What did Kuja do for Meltigemini? Just slotted in some black magic and ignored his USB?

• Options
    So i guess Sunday is magicite day now.

Sweet, sweet arcana.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Made the fight last long enough for Daffydd to have satisfaction. If he does it right handed, he cannot be satisfied!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    got enough for a second 9 pulls

amarant usb and bsb

I mean, that's really nice, but it's not my dang vivi usb

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Finally finished something that was bugging me for a while- had to burn mythril for the last bit, but I went ahead and learned every single SB I had on my characters. I figure when I finally get enough gear for realm teams, I won't have to worry about what SBs to take in. I might move Ramza into my team and take another whack at that Nightmare CPU fight, now that he's got a bunch of useful breaks, now. Or I might hold off until I get a support crew completely together at Lv. 80+.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Anyone else having trouble with marsh cave? keep losing two damage medals. Be nice if warrior of light could hit anything ever.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with marsh cave? keep losing two damage medals. Be nice if warrior of light could hit anything ever.

Much like the training with Kain(ing), your first opportunity to enter that dungeon is probably going to be when Tyro and Elarra are a bit too low-level to master it. Run it a few times or go on ahead and do the FFV dungeons, and you may do better.

Not much can be done to help WOL, though.

• Options
    I’m picturing all the ways Ovelia’s USB would make this Torment so much simpler, but I just can’t justify spending more mythril on that banner.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Much like the training with Kain(ing), your first opportunity to enter that dungeon is probably going to be when Tyro and Elarra are a bit too low-level to master it. Run it a few times or go on ahead and do the FFV dungeons, and you may do better.

Yeah I'm level 27 on both. I guess I could get max level but it doesn't really help since it doesn't really let anyone kill people quicker or take drastically less damage. Its not super fun to repeat.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited July 2018
    42 second new personal best

Aside from insane double cast luck, I have no idea how you sub-30 that

EDIT: 31.59. I’m so close!

Javen on
  • Options

Yeah I'm level 27 on both. I guess I could get max level but it doesn't really help since it doesn't really let anyone kill people quicker or take drastically less damage. Its not super fun to repeat.

It's the easiest one to power level then in, amusingly enough.

It's just the 3 waves, so I go nuts with abilities.

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    I basically just kept running it until I ran into two waves of two enemies (instead of three enemies every wave) and it completed. I figured it was good for leveling up Tyro/Elara as people mentioned.

• Options
    You know, I hope that after all Torments are unlocked, they do a thing where cores get synergy in all of them.

Given there's permanent wall, it's not gamebreaking to have Tyro available, but it'd be a nice leg up to fit into different team types.

• Options
    Hmm. The next FFV banner in ten weeks has both Galuf New Chain AND Greg New Chain on banner 2.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Hrm. Trying to field a team with Terra and Vivi is proving tricky. It's been a while since I had to work out Trance math, and finding a sweet-spot where Krile can safely slap down both Terra and Vivi is real tough. I might have to use some crystal Water to make fine stat adjustments.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Hrm. Trying to field a team with Terra and Vivi is proving tricky. It's been a while since I had to work out Trance math, and finding a sweet-spot where Krile can safely slap down both Terra and Vivi is real tough. I might have to use some crystal Water to make fine stat adjustments.

Give one of them Ammarant's Last Stand RM.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i wish they'd make magicite 60 stamina again and triple the arcana rewards. i want to farm it for xp but man it's so time consuming even doing 15 second runs of kraken.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    What did Kuja do for Meltigemini? Just slotted in some black magic and ignored his USB?

Yup. He got chain thundaga and chain firaga. Didn’t need any more than that, he was capping all the way through.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i wish they'd make magicite 60 stamina again and triple the arcana rewards. i want to farm it for xp but man it's so time consuming even doing 15 second runs of kraken.

Yeah I'm not gonna bother aside from the 6 per week for the missions. Xp daily is just a couple of mins to drain all my stamina and I vastly prefer that.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

Yeah, crank up the rewards and stamina, maybe add orbs and crystals back.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    no, leave orbs/crystals out, i don't think that was healthy for the game. the power up stuff is for character xp and character abilities.

magicites should be the place to go for magicites and magicite xp. and it is! like 6x more efficient than xp daily for magicite xp if you can sub-30 a 4*. but i can slam out 8 hours worth of stamina in power up in less than 5 minutes, it'd be 30 minutes at least for magicite.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Brody wrote: »

Good idea. I could give Vivi that RM (since I want Ace Striker on Terra) and have him Meltdown himself after the chain goes up. Then I just need to calibrate Krile for Terra.

Just got to see both of them in action in an Igsebind run. The contrast is fascinating; Terra can throw out two actions (one of which can be an OSB shot) in the time it takes Vivi to move once. But when Vivi triplecasts, he pretty much closes the gap.

Enlong on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

Good idea. I could give Vivi that RM (since I want Ace Striker on Terra) and have him Meltdown himself after the chain goes up. Then I just need to calibrate Krile for Terra.

Just got to see both of them in action in an Igsebind run. The contrast is fascinating; Terra can throw out two actions (one of which can be an OSB shot) in the time it takes Vivi to move once. But when Vivi triplecasts, he pretty much closes the gap.

I set up Vivi with the doublecast RM on a fight that sets everyone HP to 1 at the beginning (I don't remember which), and I got him to quad cast full damage meltdowns.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Vivi's primary advantage over Terra is that he greatly benefits from fastzap from sources like ACM/Onion mUSB. Terra gets effectively no increase because with USB and Trance she's already got 2 perma quick cast buffs.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Vivi's primary advantage over Terra is that he greatly benefits from fastzap from sources like ACM/Onion mUSB. Terra gets effectively no increase because with USB and Trance she's already got 2 perma quick cast buffs.

Yeah, it's much easier to get fastzap from external sources, whereas doublecast can only come from RM/PM. And Vivi's trance beats Terra's LMR, easily.

• Options
    Ok. I've found it. With a 30% MAG buff, Wall, Shellga, and a Fire Chain active, Terra can get herself to Trance with a self-targeted Chain Firaga if she's at full health. Activating a Fire infusion with her Glint gives her too much Fire Res to do it, so it must be before the first Glint. The real test will be trying this the next time Terra is under synergy, of course.

The one issue is that my usual WHM is Relm, and her LMR (chance to grant Magic Blink on use of White Magic) has the potential to throw everything off by making Terra miss herself with one of the four hits. I could always replace Relm with Porom, though party Powerchain is really tempting over Last Stand.

I could continue experimenting with Krile, to see if there's another way to do it, but either way I'm delaying either Terra or the Chain by one turn, so I may as well go with what works.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    100 gem on Crystsl Tower VI banner: Celes BSB2

First hit since....pre-fest, jeez. Probably never going to use it (got USB for runic, and had BSB1 and Indonesian Blade from before) but hey, +10 Atk is always welcome.

I should probably dive Celes one of these days; been trying to bring her along more often for that ability double USB.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    FF9-2 100 gems: 3* blah

FF6 CT 100 gems: 3* blah

FFXV CT 100 gems: 4* blah

Crystal Tower draws are cursed. This is getting ridiculous.

Data for posterity:
    17-18-19 misses in a row

36/295-6-7 lifetime

3/40-41-42 this batch

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1

silence1186 on
This discussion has been closed.