Options

Youtubin'

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'm all for Shazam being a kid-friendly superhero film that feels a bit by-the-numbers, because the numbers have been updated since I was a kid.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Looks about right.

sig.gif
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Cheap towel rails often are barely held together with stupidly tiny screws and will collapse into a cascade of jagged metal at a moment's notice. It's baffling to me that the companies that make them haven't been sued into oblivion.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Damn Onion goin off lol

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    that video is six years old and everything about it is still relevant, even the specific people it names

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Today Jim gives some advice while avoiding being smug at all, as usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPhRNPXdyOc

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Wow, an actual new Rachel and Jun video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URDXZSJZ2ME

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    https://youtu.be/fR-To4bsWPY

my only criticism with this video is that it takes it as a given that the viewer knows who tim tebow is... god, I hope someone makes a comprehensive breakdown of the circus that was tebowmania. I never feel like I can adequately explain it to anyone who missed it.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I know who Tim Tebow is in the sense that if you asked me who he was I would say "football player" with 80% certainty or I might be a little daring and say "baseball player" with 20% certainty

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I know who Tim Tebow is in the sense that if you asked me who he was I would say "football player" with 80% certainty or I might be a little daring and say "baseball player" with 20% certainty

He was the guy what crossed hinself all the time, right?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

my only criticism with this video is that it takes it as a given that the viewer knows who tim tebow is... god, I hope someone makes a comprehensive breakdown of the circus that was tebowmania. I never feel like I can adequately explain it to anyone who missed it.

A lot of conservative Christians really, really love when a person is a Christian in a showboaty way?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i wish blizzard didn't ruin jaina's character at basically every turn.

of course, i guess i could say that about every warcraft character at this point.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I have never played WoW, and I don't even remember what happened in the Xpac of 3

• Options
    As somebody who shook off that WoW monkey around 2010 the Warcraft universe seems to have been haphazardly fucked apart and boy things was pretty haphazard when I left

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »

A lot of conservative Christians really, really love when a person is a Christian in a showboaty way?

I mean that was the core reason it happened, but I'm talking about the actual sequence of events

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i wish blizzard didn't ruin jaina's character at basically every turn.

of course, i guess i could say that about every warcraft character at this point.

Sylvanas and the forsaken...

• Options
    I'll agree that Jaina's turn is rather inconsistent and abrupt, but at least she's more interesting this way.

For a long time World of Warcraft lacked any actually compelling reason for the factions to be at odds. Mostly it was just leftover animosity from the second war.

But with the bombing of Theramore and the destruction of Gilneas, at least I can understand why some of the faction leaders are each other's throats. Sylvanas murdered Genn's son. Jaina betrayed her own father to establish peace with the Horde. Now the burning of Teldrassil?

Blizzard tries to be all wishy-washy about how neither faction is really the bad guys but... the Horde are clearly the bad guys.

• Options
    It was much more interesting when the Horde were actually the good guys IMHO

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Portraying the mega racist humans as the good guys is fraught in 2018 at the best of times.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I actually thought they were going to have the two factions straight up ally with eachother against a new real deal dickhead faction

• Options
    It's been a long time since I played it but I have memories of WC3 and it's story actually being really compelling if not like, really deep.

They basically fucked it all up in WoW by like the third expansion.

• Options
    WC3's story was certainly better than WoW's, but calling it deep seems a bit of a stretch.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    RT800 wrote: »
    WC3's story was certainly better than WoW's, but calling it deep seems a bit of a stretch.

Good thing I didn't call it that then

My phrasing may be a little confusing.

I mean kinda like "Compelling even if not deep."

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Uriel wrote: »

Are they not anymore?

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Are they not anymore?

I haven't played super serious in a long while so who knows?

It seems more like Blizz just made Every Side is Assholes at this point?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The Horde are in a very bad place since Sylvanas is leading and she's evil as fuck

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Like I said, I have played literally no WoW. At one point there was time travel, and they changed the events of WC1?

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    The Horde are in a very bad place since Sylvanas is leading and she's evil as fuck

this bums me out. Sylvanas and the Forsaken are 100% by far the most compelling part of WoW's story to me, at least in vanilla.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Like I said, I have played literally no WoW. At one point there was time travel, and they changed the events of WC1?
    Nah, alternate timeline. Everything in WC1 still happened.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

this bums me out. Sylvanas and the Forsaken are 100% by far the most compelling part of WoW's story to me, at least in vanilla.
    They've actually done some interesting stuff with The Forsaken, mostly in side stories, exploring their nature as undead and how many of them still have living relatives over in the human kingdoms and how that affects both them and their living relatives who thought they were dead

But Sylvanas has gone full on mega evil, yeah

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    They try to write nuance and shades of grey, but they're really fucking bad at it, so it becomes really obvious they're starting from a plot outline that begins with "the horde are the bad guys and the alliance are the good guys."

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    and they don't even write anything interesting that the alliance does either it's just like whoops better respond to an act of hostility

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    It's like all of ya are in a state of post-WoW PTSD. I'm over WoW and as such I can enjoy it as a haunting sea shanty-ish tune of treachery and war.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    It's like all of ya are in a state of post-WoW PTSD. I'm over WoW and as such I can enjoy it as a haunting sea shanty-ish tune of treachery and war.

I mean, I thought Jaina Proudmoore was a sorcress, but I don't remember the last thing she was doing.

This discussion has been closed.