Options

[Phalla] Big Trouble in The World Tree! Traveler/Evil Victory - Thanks for playing

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Also, I have no other powers, and my role PM just says "the fountains of life should probably be protected" without anything else. No suggestions, nothing in my abilities to help with that, just sort of "hey, worry about this, but have no control over it."

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Well, it's always good to know that I'm batting a high percentage on village specials this game.

That being said, if you're the dwarf king, it makes sense that you would have an elven counterpart? Maybe that person might like to contact JPants and confirm your story?

• Options
    SlimJimSlimJim Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Brody wrote: »
    [size=small]Alright, lets see, how does Virgil usually do this?[/size]

Congratulations plebians, you have found me out! I am the King of the Dwarves! By my royal decree, all my votes count more, because I am better than you. Also, it was by permission that the Hammer of Justice and the Fortress of Armor were provided to a stalwart young dwarf to use in the defense of the world tree. Bow before my splendor!

From the wiki: "The Dwarf King, Grieve, swallowed his magical sword before he was transformed, hiding it in his own body to prevent The Evil One from acquiring it. It is only with this sword that The Evil One can be destroyed."

SWALLOW YOUR SWORD! QUICK!

SlimJim on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Seriously we just had JPants talk about the mafia looking for people to kill to power themselves up and you post that you're the dwarf king?

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Well, it's always good to know that I'm batting a high percentage on village specials this game.

That being said, if you're the dwarf king, it makes sense that you would have an elven counterpart? Maybe that person might like to contact JPants and confirm your story?

I don't know the game, but my googling isn't able to find any Elven royalty counterpart

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    This reveal feels premature.

• Options

I don't know the game, but my googling isn't able to find any Elven royalty counterpart

From wikipedia, emphasis mine
    The player-controlled protagonist of Faxanadu is an unidentified wanderer. He has no name, though the Japanese version allows the player to choose one. The game begins when he approaches Eolis, his hometown, after an absence to find it in disrepair and virtually abandoned. Worse still, the town is under attack by Dwarves. The Elven king explains that the Elf fountain water, their life source, has been stopped and all other remaining water has been poisoned and provides the protagonist with 1500 gold, the game's currency, to prepare for his journey to uncover the cause.]/quote]

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Seriously we just had JPants talk about the mafia looking for people to kill to power themselves up and you post that you're the dwarf king?

Because other dwarves were unwilling to cover me with the fountain thing, so I had already been outed, and figured that honesty was the best response.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Ok, my google-foo is weaker than I thought... (or really, I just skimmed that page too much. I found some other "shrine" site that seemed more in depth but doesn't actually list characters)

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Because other dwarves were unwilling to cover me with the fountain thing, so I had already been outed, and figured that honesty was the best response.
    I don't think the dwarves could cover for you, it doesn't sound like their role PM was the same as yours.

This is to, like, everybody out there - if your role isn't Elven Villager or Dwarven Villager, you probably want to contact JPants before outing yourself in the thread.

• Options
    Actually, even if that IS your role, you should probably also reach out to JPants.

Then he can have a record of who might be lying as well.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I hope the guards are on their toes. JPants is a big fat mafia target at the moment.

Also psychocucumber because it is the right call and I do not trust myself to remember to change my vote later.

• Options
    Actually, even if that IS your role, you should probably also reach out to JPants.

Hey AustinP, you're pretty active.

What do you think the Mafia's powers are?

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular

We've moved awfully quickly from "there might be conversions" to "but this guy is legit."

Like, I agree that JPants probably is telling the truth. But maybe we should be just a little bit careful.

• Options

The theory that makes the most sense to me is "kill a mafia, two head crabs pop out".

Day 1 disc died, we got two infected.
    Day 2 villagers died, no new news.

Along with that, infected don't get wincon change, so they tell us they are infected, plus JPants claiming healer means village is meant to have a chance to prevent the conversation.

• Options
    Locus wrote: »

We've moved awfully quickly from "there might be conversions" to "but this guy is legit."

Like, I agree that JPants probably is telling the truth. But maybe we should be just a little bit careful.
    To be fair, we also don't have proof of conversions yet.

Just some real, real strong hints.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    First a king of Partys, then a king of music, now a king of dwarves?! We have more pieces than a chess game.

Outside of my majestic voice and regal dance moves though, I'm just like any other elven villager, only much much cooler!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

The theory that makes the most sense to me is "kill a mafia, two head crabs pop out".

Along with that, infected don't get wincon change, so they tell us they are infected, plus JPants claiming healer means village is meant to have a chance to prevent the conversation.

If we think this is true we should leave PsychoCucumber alive, no?

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I'm being told there is an elf fountain too.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

No. He clearly needs to die. We still have Jpants and the other guru out there if there are sprouting bugs. But we DEFINITELY don’t win if we don’t kill off the converted folks.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

No. He clearly needs to die. We still have Jpants and the other guru out there if there are sprouting bugs. But we DEFINITELY don’t win if we don’t kill off the converted folks.

Fair, though my thinking was more along the lines of "we should consider voting for someone else and killing him later."

• Options

Fair, though my thinking was more along the lines of "we should consider voting for someone else and killing him later."

Nah, there’s no need to let him live longer than we need to, plus the vote keeps him from using any abilities he might have. One theory at the moment is that mafia kills may need to come from converted dwarfs.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I don’t see any good option other than vote kill on Psycho.

If hammerdwarf takes a shot and it’s a villager, we can probably live with that.
    If the Vig gets blocked on Psycho, we are in a worse place with no new info.

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular

Nah, there’s no need to let him live longer than we need to, plus the vote keeps him from using any abilities he might have. One theory at the moment is that mafia kills may need to come from converted dwarfs.

Additionally it will be useful to know if the converts also spawn infections. If they do, we will have to be very careful about only killing one mafia per night (which as I say that seems like a limitation that wouldn't make much sense from a balance perspective).

I kind of expect Psycho to show up as something like "Deranged <Elf/Dwarf>" and not spawn any infections. If they do spawn infections I think that would almost gurantee we're talking about a smaller mafia (maybe even as small as 2, no more than 4 certainly). If they don't, normal sized mafia seems plausible.

• Options
    JPants wrote: »

Additionally it will be useful to know if the converts also spawn infections. If they do, we will have to be very careful about only killing one mafia per night (which as I say that seems like a limitation that wouldn't make much sense from a balance perspective).

I kind of expect Psycho to show up as something like "Deranged <Elf/Dwarf>" and not spawn any infections. If they do spawn infections I think that would almost gurantee we're talking about a smaller mafia (maybe even as small as 2, no more than 4 certainly). If they don't, normal sized mafia seems plausible.

So, a mafia where their most powerful ability is an on death trigger. Don't see many games based around death triggers.

What is this a thirtyei... oh wait it IS a 38thdoe game.

• Options
    psychocucumber in case I forget.

Outside of that Auralynx is tripping some bells but I also might have started looking at some of the suspiciously quiet, like kime if there were a real vote.

Though, a reminder, we have two healers out there, so coming forward with infections is still a good idea.

• Options
    Psychocucumber.

• Options
    Yeah, I need to run errands this afternoon and then going to a baseball game with the family so PsychoCucumber

Otherwise, my area of concern are the folks who aren't adding much to the thread, one offs, following wagons. People like mrpaku, chamberlain, Wildcat.

• Options
    Psychocucumber it is.

• Options
    Psycho is going to eat the vote (as he should) so I'm going to drop my vote on Bedlam for being around but not being very productive or helpful.

NOT a network call, for the record, just me voicing my suspicions. I could also have voted for any of the inactives like @vagrant_winds (one post all game from what I can tell, will probaly die to inactivus), Wildcat (low activity, low helpful) or facetious who I keep going back and forth on.

Add to that list anyone who hasn't reached out to offer information. Everyone has had private votes and private race info that I would love to get my sprunger on.

• Options
    In vagrants defense, what activity they did have was spot on day one.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Yeah, I need to run errands this afternoon and then going to a baseball game with the family so PsychoCucumber

Otherwise, my area of concern are the folks who aren't adding much to the thread, one offs, following wagons. People like mrpaku, chamberlain, Wildcat.

Half my family unexpectedly got sick, so I'm running chores like a madman and not able to contribute nearly to the degree I did yesterday. Hopefully should have most of it wrapped up here in a couple hours, then I can more actively participate. I'm definitely following the thread

Psychocucumber still seems like the smart call right now

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Psycho is going to eat the vote (as he should) so I'm going to drop my vote on Bedlam for being around but not being very productive or helpful.

NOT a network call, for the record, just me voicing my suspicions. I could also have voted for any of the inactives like vagrant_winds (one post all game from what I can tell, will probaly die to inactivus), Wildcat (low activity, low helpful) or facetious who I keep going back and forth on.

Add to that list anyone who hasn't reached out to offer information. Everyone has had private votes and private race info that I would love to get my sprunger on.

Did you just "this is not a network call, but if you don't respond to my network I'll plan to kill you" everyone?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

NOT a network call, for the record, just me voicing my suspicions. I could also have voted for any of the inactives like vagrant_winds (one post all game from what I can tell, will probaly die to inactivus), Wildcat (low activity, low helpful) or facetious who I keep going back and forth on.

Did you just "this is not a network call, but if you don't respond to my network I'll plan to kill you" everyone?

I probably shouldn't have combined the two thoughts as I didn't intend that to be a threat... But I totally see how that came off that way.

Just color me frustrated that people aren't checking in with me but are sharing info with others who i'd consider "less confirmed".

But to be fair, if you're not checking in with someone who is fairly confirmed, I do find that pretty damn suspicious (which is exactly what i said my vote and list was, people i find suspicious). The "not a network call" was to be clear I don't have a seer result or conflicting info or anything as a reason... just suspicions.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    There is no network that can actually be relied on
    All we have is a bunch of publicly revealed specials in a (probably) cultist game
    If I was a cultist I would be pretty happy with how many specials are out in the open right now

• Options
    premium wrote: »
    All we have is a bunch of publicly revealed specials in a (probably) cultist game
    If I was a cultist I would be pretty happy with how many specials are out in the open right now

With a slow conversion (most likely, hopefully confirmed tonight) that can be healed I don't think it's as a big of a concern as that. Certainly less of a concern than telling basically anyone else.

• Options
    SlimJimSlimJim Registered User regular
    PsychoCucumber seems like the only solid option right now.

• Options
    premium wrote: »

With a slow conversion (most likely, hopefully confirmed tonight) that can be healed I don't think it's as a big of a concern as that. Certainly less of a concern than telling basically anyone else.

We won't know that it's actually a slow conversion until someone who was slowly converted dies. The mafia has had no kills, are you assuming that their only way to win the game is an easily blocked conversion?

• Options
    Why should I check in with anyone right now, when exactly 0 players are actually confirmed anyways?

• Options
    I really feel like there are too many assumptions being made about the mafia's powers right now