As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Big Trouble in The World Tree! Traveler/Evil Victory - Thanks for playing

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    Why should I check in with anyone right now, when exactly 0 players are actually confirmed anyways?

I'm curious premium - what would you consider confirmed in a game like this?

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Why should I check in with anyone right now, when exactly 0 players are actually confirmed anyways?

I called out my role, Obi confirmed he's was in contact with my dwarf counterpart. I healed Lost Ninja. You think we're 3 mafia playing the craziest out in the open scam game?

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I really feel like there are too many assumptions being made about the mafia's powers right now

This I'll agree with. But i don't think the answer is to NOT share info with the fairly obvious villager. Don't want to share EVERYTHING, sure, but that doesn't mean shut me out either.

JPants on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Work day is over, so time to go home and see the family.

I don't have any strong suspicions, but I would like to take a closer look at Bluecyan and SlimJim. They were both active in the thread and stayed on the JPants bandwagon yesterday after he claimed to be a village special.

PsychoCucumber

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

We may not get someone confirmed and safe enough to be a network head. Some games you have to work around that

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    If you shared info with somebody less confirmed (as in, willingly shared a likely villager power) than JPants, the mafia problem probably has the info already. So you're not risking anything further sharing it with them.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular

I would consider someone confirmed if circumstances were that I could trust them almost completely. Which is a bit of a non answer.
    There are players who I would trust more than others and if I had something to share I would surely reach out to them, but I don't see how, pending at minimum tonight's result, anyone can be considered confirmed

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    If you shared info with somebody less confirmed (as in, willingly shared a likely villager power) than JPants, the mafia problem has the info already. So you're not risking anything further sharing it with them.

In a more normal game with conversions would you have everyone dump all their info on one player before we had strong evidence that player wasn't just going to be converted?
    I just feel like a bit more caution is needed until we have a more solid idea of what is going on

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    If you shared info with somebody less confirmed (as in, willingly shared a likely villager power) than JPants, the mafia problem has the info already. So you're not risking anything further sharing it with them.
    In a more normal game with conversions would you have everyone dump all their info on one player before we had strong evidence that player wasn't just going to be converted?
    I just feel like a bit more caution is needed until we have a more solid idea of what is going on
    Use all the caution you like, I'm just pointing out that if you've told anybody, you're not putting yourself at any more risk by telling JPants.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    For what it's worth, I am one of the dwarves coughing up the blue sludge. When I first saw the message I contacted someone privately immediately confessing it, assuming I was infected, then I saw in the thread that apparently a number of dwarves experienced it. The word 'infected' wasn't actually used, though, and no mention of any alignment or wincon changes.

I am willing to give up on the JPants wagon for now, but I still find the story suspicious and wish there was a way to confirm.

That said, I do agree that we need PsychoCucumber to die. I was hoping it wasn't a vote, because I feel there's merit to Psycho's own fear that it might trigger on a vote out a la discrider. I think it would be safer to do it with a vig. But with guards being a known mechanic, I suppose we can't rely on that.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    There is definitely arguments for both vote and vig. Personally I think the vote wins out slightly by preventing Psycho from taking any actions today.

That Psycho advocated to be vigged also makes me lean towards vote. Could obviously be a "Wine in front of me" situation and he's getting exactly what he wants, but like i said, even if you ignore his suggestion I think vote is still the right move.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Psycho is going to eat the vote (as he should) so I'm going to drop my vote on Bedlam for being around but not being very productive or helpful.
    You are like a child who stands on a stool to proudly proclaim that you succeeded at something as you pin a gold star to your chest. You put a check mark on the job board next to the area that reads "chased own tail" as you twirl into oblivion.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Psycho is going to eat the vote (as he should) so I'm going to drop my vote on Bedlam for being around but not being very productive or helpful.
    You are like a child who stands on a stool to proudly proclaim that you succeeded at something as you pin a gold star to your chest. You put a check mark on the job board next to the area that reads "chased own tail" as you twirl into oblivion.

I’m going to mark that as a villager claim for Bedlam.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    PsychoCucumber,
    we will honor you with a proper burial if there doesn't seem to be corruption.
    If there is otherworldly mutated horror, we will give you a cremation and honor the ashes of who you were before you turn.

In light of recent events the Party King handles funerals as well.

In the Distance the former lord of parties is seen giving an oration.
    In obedience to your will, I rise, your humble tree leaf, with the hope of executing a part of the system of public mourning which you have been pleased to adopt,

Commemorative of the death of the most illustrious and most beloved personage this branch has ever produced;

and which, while it transmits to posterity your sense of the awful event, faintly represents your knowledge of the consummate excellence you so cordially honor.

Desperate indeed is any attempt on World Tree to meet correspondingly this dispensation of Heaven; for, while with pious resignation we submit to the will of an all-gracious Nature, we can never cease lamenting, the heart-rending privation for which our elf nation weeps.

When the Party Culture shakes to its centre; when every moment gives birth to strange and momentous changes; when our hot and sexy people of the the World Tree, exempt as it happily has been from any share in the slaughter of the elf race, risks the doleful casualties of war:
    What limit is there to the extent of our loss?—None within the reach of my words to express; none which your feelings will not disavow.

Tonight we bury the Beloved Erin the Red.
    The Sexiest Elf

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    @jpants I will give you the realest information ever, free of charge:

On the starting screen you can go right, adventure awaits you.

But, if you go left you can meet the Elf King. And he will give you some gold from the royal coffers to aid you in your quest.

You can meet him as many times as you want, but he will only give you money if you are holding zero gold.

• Options
    I have not seen a good reason not to vote for PsychoCucumber today

Steam profile
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    facetious being that wrong twice actually makes me think he a villager

the saddest reason to be trustworthy.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Wildcat (low activity, low helpful)
    :(

You wound me, JPants. You cut me deep.

PsychoCucumber.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    I wish I had anything other to add than that I think the shit will have well and truly hit the fan by tomorrow. I think we're definitely making the right vote choice right now, but it feels like all the little pieces of the doom engine have been slowly activating in front of us, and there's nothing more we can do other than to trust we've managed to piece together a kind-of functioning village and network, mostly in public and almost completely unverified, and that they're protecting the right people

Today feeling a bit like a wasted day in terms of the foregone conclusion of PsychoCucumber as the vote, but I feel confident because of how well everyone has continued to be forthcoming and cooperative like yesterday. I'm aware I wasn't very involved, but I should have much more time tomorrow, assuming I don't catch an axe or start foaming blue at the mouth

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    psychocucumber

Been a busy day, barely had time to check in. Just getting a vote in while I can, going back to read up.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    facetious wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    facetious being that wrong twice actually makes me think he a villager

the saddest reason to be trustworthy.

also like the most me thing in Phalla.

even after such a long break I'm still the most befuddled, hapless person ever.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    mrpaku wrote: »
    I wish I had anything other to add than that I think the shit will have well and truly hit the fan by tomorrow. I think we're definitely making the right vote choice right now, but it feels like all the little pieces of the doom engine have been slowly activating in front of us, and there's nothing more we can do other than to trust we've managed to piece together a kind-of functioning village and network, mostly in public and almost completely unverified, and that they're protecting the right people

Today feeling a bit like a wasted day in terms of the foregone conclusion of PsychoCucumber as the vote, but I feel confident because of how well everyone has continued to be forthcoming and cooperative like yesterday. I'm aware I wasn't very involved, but I should have much more time tomorrow, assuming I don't catch an axe or start foaming blue at the mouth

Just because the vote was straightforward doesn’t mean it was a wasted day. We’ve learned some more about what’s going on, had a few more reveals, gotten people on the record.

And sometimes doing the boring right thing is just how phalla goes.

• Options
    Whoops meant to vote but forgot to actually post it

• Options
    Whoops meant to vote but forgot to actually post it

Too busy talking on the mafia proboard?

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Hopefully right thing. I've been paranoid about being somehow wrong on the choice between psycho and lost since last night

I know all the evidence says we're right, but again, paranoia

• Options
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Hopefully right thing. I've been paranoid about being somehow wrong on the choice between psycho and lost since last night

I know all the evidence says we're right, but again, paranoia

I think you mean “The Thrill if Playing Phalla!”

• Options
    8o44axw.jpg

Not very thrilling :|

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Day Three: A Reflection on the Sad State of Mental Health in the World Tree

PsychoCucumber had been hit hard by recent events. He had a really bad nightmare a few days back and he had never quite felt like himself. Unlike other dreams that faded over time, this one was vivid and became clearer and clearer the more time went on. After bravely trying to go on by himself, he sought the comfort of his friends and family. In time all the dwarves knew of the the terrors lurking in PsychoCucumber’s dreams. PsychoCucumber relaxed, feeling a great load lift off him as his friends listened carefully to his dreams. The true terrors, however, lurked not in PsychoCucumber’s dreams, but in his friend’s hearts. Rather than paying a small amount of extra taxes that could be used to get PsychoCucumber therapy, they beat him to death instead.

The elves nodded fearfully. The Dwarves were becoming violent. A disgusting crunching sound was heard and the elves turned to see a smashed corpse, where before had stood Bluecyan. Only his Blue Suede Shoes were untouched. One thing was for certain, the Elven Villager would be permenantly checking out of the Heartbeat Hotel and would never find the Burning Love that he was looking for. That’s All Right, he would be Returned to Sender and his only remaining family, his Hound Dog. He had warned the villagers about their Suspicious Minds, and it was Now or Never. He hoped that his killer would eventually have a Jailhouse Rock.

Late that night a figure made their way out of the village. The figure climbed towards the misty crater. The figure walked through the thickening miasma, past the tortured roots and branches wading into the luminescent blue sludge. The figure, silhouetted against the glow sighed in ecstasy. In the sludge, the roots crept forward...

The Dwarves held a council that night and their heated voices could be heard throughout the night.

Flesh melted like wax and flowed, bones were lengthening and piercing through the skin. New eyes opened, new mouths shrieked, Tentacles whipped.

The Dead:
    PsychoCucumber - Dwarven Villager
    Bluecyan - Elven Villager

PMs are going out but feel free to play. @vagrant_winds and @premium @jdarksun on notice for inactivity.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I have literally zero idea of what is going on in this game now.

• Options
    Also, I hate cults.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    That's certainly ominous, and unfortunate.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    @JPants

Obifett

Wake up, dear sheeple.

• Options
    Until the end of Psychoswarm's paragraph,I thought the message was "conversions take several days"

Now I'm not sure, the end makes it seem benign...

Steam profile
  • Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    JPants

Obifett

Wake up, dear sheeple.

I.. hm.

I am baffled by this post.

Why tag JPants?

Why vote ObiFett?

Who are sheeple?

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Other things I'm baffled by:

- this narration
    - PsychoCucumber dying a villager
    - literally everything

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    facetious wrote: »
    Who are sheeple?
    Ask not for whom the sheeple baas.

It baa-ram-ewe!

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    oOooooOOooooOoOoOooOooO

Ah, Thank you thank you very much.
    Elvish has left the building.

oOooooOOooooOoOoOooOooO

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    The mafia would've kept bluecyan alive due to the suspicion on him. Which means the hammer vig is on our side.

I feel like the narration would've told us if a kill got guarded, which means the mafia still don't have a kill or have chosen not to use it (why, tho?). Which begs the question, how exactly are the mafia a threat to us? Parasites didn't convert. They don't have a kill. The only thing I get from that last part of the narration is that they either completed another conversion or now have something dangerous to threaten us with.

Hopefully those more in the know have an idea of the best course of action at this point.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Did we end up deciding a long weekend or skipping the weekend entirely?

LostNinja on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    If I have 100% of the vote by Sunday I'll close Sunday. If not we are looking at the day end on Monday. I'll send out a ping so people don't forget they are playing.

In other news vagrant_winds is being replaced by @Romantic Undead effective now.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀