As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come to my [house], be one of the comfortable people

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Perhaps it's to protect the tub from staining when using bath bombs and the like, since they're becoming so popular and could potentially stain the tub?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Definitely murder.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I hate having to tell companies 3-4 times to actually change my address.

It's almost as bad as having to tell the doctor 3-4 times that no, you're not actually on that medication the computer system has a record of you being on.

But it says here you still take it.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    if you have a spa bath you're not able to put anything like bubbles, bath bombs/salts, water additives - basically anything that could be injested by the motor and potentially fuck your jets. So if you like having both spa baths or bubblebaths and want to switch it up depending on your mood, you could protect your spa mechanism by deploying a bath barrier when you bubble, I guess.

I mean, it's probably for murdering, but conceivably you could use it for that, too.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    if you have a spa bath you're not able to put anything like bubbles, bath bombs/salts, water additives - basically anything that could be injested by the motor and potentially fuck your jets. So if you like having both spa baths or bubblebaths and want to switch it up depending on your mood, you could protect your spa mechanism by deploying a bath barrier when you bubble, I guess.

I mean, it's probably for murdering, but conceivably you could use it for that, too.

It's always good when you can find alternative uses for everyday household items.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    I hate having to tell companies 3-4 times to actually change my address.

It's almost as bad as having to tell the doctor 3-4 times that no, you're not actually on that medication the computer system has a record of you being on.

But it says here you still take it.

I think they're passing CCD/HL7 data back and forth from the exchanges to different doctors offices constantly and EHRs don't firewall external data and just blanket put it into their systems and then pass it along to the exchange again.

Back and forth

forever

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Last night/early morning (around 3am) I was doing a little landscaping stuff in my front - some of the areas where I currently have landscaping fabric with mulch on top had gotten grass growing through, so I added more fabric and mulch. While I was out there, a car speeds fast into our culdesac - we right at the bottom of the "U" of the culdesac - it was a white tow truck. I looked up and watched them speeding towards me, because I figured if they jumped out of the car I'd immediately run inside. They continued speeding around the U and exited the other side, but I wonder what the fuck that was about. Did my staring them down scare them away? Were they just in the wrong neighborhood and once they realized it they kept moving? Who goes that fast in a residential culdesac if you're actually there to pick someone up/tow a car?

Surprisingly, this did not give me a panic attack, though in the past a car speeding up very fast in the dark has given me panic attacks on account of being mugged several years back.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Last night/early morning (around 3am) I was doing a little landscaping stuff in my front - some of the areas where I currently have landscaping fabric with mulch on top had gotten grass growing through, so I added more fabric and mulch. While I was out there, a car speeds fast into our culdesac - we right at the bottom of the "U" of the culdesac - it was a white tow truck. I looked up and watched them speeding towards me, because I figured if they jumped out of the car I'd immediately run inside. They continued speeding around the U and exited the other side, but I wonder what the fuck that was about. Did my staring them down scare them away? Were they just in the wrong neighborhood and once they realized it they kept moving? Who goes that fast in a residential culdesac if you're actually there to pick someone up/tow a car?

Surprisingly, this did not give me a panic attack, though in the past a car speeding up very fast in the dark has given me panic attacks on account of being mugged several years back.

Repo maybe, and the car they were looking for wasn't there so they just kept going?

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

ah yes good ol' 3 am gardening

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

It's the coolest part of the day. You only sweat 5 buckets instead of the ol' sideways-eight.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »

It's the coolest part of the day. You only sweat 5 buckets instead of the ol' sideways-eight.

This this this. Texas is hellish this time of year, the work needed to be done but hell if I'm doing it anywhere near the rising or setting sun. And anyway, I don't get off work until midnight.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    ah yes good ol' texas hellscape

• Options
    Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYt0SDnrBE

(no, Dallas isn't Phoenix, 111 degrees is not unusual here)

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    So forgive what might be a profoundly stupid question but you've got your bathtub, you put in your giant liner, you add your bath salts and bombs and enjoy a fizzy scented bath, secure in the knowledge that you haven't ruined your expensive spa equipment.

Only you get out and now you have a giant plastic bag full of water. What do you do with it? How do you get rid of it, if not the most obvious drain?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    So much to dooooooo.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    So forgive what might be a profoundly stupid question but you've got your bathtub, you put in your giant liner, you add your bath salts and bombs and enjoy a fizzy scented bath, secure in the knowledge that you haven't ruined your expensive spa equipment.

Only you get out and now you have a giant plastic bag full of water. What do you do with it? How do you get rid of it, if not the most obvious drain?

Drop it on Dan from the Slo-Mo Guys?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular

The real answer is now you've got the world's biggest, grossest water balloon.

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    well, i guess my personal wiring saga has concluded with the realtor being willing to hire an electrician to replace the wires after closing, and then signing some sort of addendum to the closing so that the developer will close the walls after but hoo boy i'm really wondering if i care this much. also worried this new electrician won't do as good of a job as the current one who did pretty alright really.

this just sort of feels cursed at this point and i feel like any attempt at improvement is gonna get me in the ass for some reason lol.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    At this point I'd supply them with the cable myself just to make sure.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

Well, you stab it around the tub drain area. Given the natural day to day use of the tub liner, it's a given that a suitable implement would be on hand to perform this task.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    It's pretty tough to stab holes in the liner with hacksaws and chainsaws.

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    well, i guess my personal wiring saga has concluded with the realtor being willing to hire an electrician to replace the wires after closing, and then signing some sort of addendum to the closing so that the developer will close the walls after but hoo boy i'm really wondering if i care this much. also worried this new electrician won't do as good of a job as the current one who did pretty alright really.

this just sort of feels cursed at this point and i feel like any attempt at improvement is gonna get me in the ass for some reason lol.

This would make me worried about both that second electrician, and getting the developer to close the walls after closing....

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Bullhead wrote: »

This would make me worried about both that second electrician, and getting the developer to close the walls after closing....

I am! Very!

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I’m sorry, that sounds like such a headache!

Mori and I are sick and we have soooo much to do this weekend!

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018

I am! Very!
    My take, which I'll spoil as it's just more depressing:
    To me, that's too many Ifs. Once the closing is complete, you've lost what limited power you have and are now relying on them to be responsible.
    Right now you're in the best bargaining position but once signed, you're at their mercy.
    If you can't get the builder to do the job now correctly, I'd see about getting some money from someone, either builder or agent, then just have them finish the walls and be done. Hell, can the builder upgrade something else in the house, paying for materials and labor?
    I'm somewhat risk adverse, and try to think of which worse case for each scenario I'd want to deal with.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Hahahahaha.

ogbb10q078bi.jpg

Nothing like the DIYer special. I had always assumed the previous owner did some wiring work, but I'm 99% sure now.

Yeahhhh...

I tried to replace the thermostat and was just elated when 4 out of the 7 wires were the exact same shade of red, with no rhyme or reason as to which was positive vs negative It was good times.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    MichaelLC wrote: »

I am! Very!
    To me, that's too many Ifs. Once the closing is complete, you've lost what limited power you have and are now relying on them to be responsible.
    Right now you're in the best bargaining position but once signed, you're at their mercy.
    If you can't get the builder to do the job now correctly, I'd see about getting some money from someone, either builder or agent, then just have them finish the walls and be done. Hell, can the builder upgrade something else in the house, paying for materials and labor?
    I'm somewhat risk adverse, and try to think of which worse case for each scenario I'd want to deal with.

I mean, worst case is I have to pay a handyman to patch the drywall holes and repaint it and I keep my current cables, which isn’t /that/ bad. It's just about... 30 2" holes drilled via hole saw throughout the house so I don't think patching would be too hard. I’m mostly expecting the developer to run away after closing but if I don’t have to open the walls back up in 5 years that’s still a pretty big net savings.

But I’m also slowly falling back toward fuck it just close it up and be done..

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Dallas area last night/today:

JZ63Y3h.jpg

Luckily Garland is, I think, a bit higher up than inner further in the metroplex so no real flooding worries where we live. And I don't have any place to be.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I continue to be impressed by the drainage system in our area. But I guess it's easier when "aim it at the lake" is an option.

• Options
    Shit's moist.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

I am! Very!

I mean, worst case is I have to pay a handyman to patch the drywall holes and repaint it and I keep my current cables, which isn’t /that/ bad. It's just about... 30 2" holes drilled via hole saw throughout the house so I don't think patching would be too hard. I’m mostly expecting the developer to run away after closing but if I don’t have to open the walls back up in 5 years that’s still a pretty big net savings.

But I’m also slowly falling back toward fuck it just close it up and be done..

Ah, I was thinking the walls were completely unfinished, not just the cutouts. Yeah, it's a safe assumption the builder will ghost, but if you can get the new cables, may be worth it.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Always opt for annual HVAC maintenance, folks

Otherwise you'll have to suck mold and algae out of a drain pipe, and that's no good

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Don't tell me what to do!

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    I'm now spending £2.50 a month to get my bins cleaned after they've been emptied.

I'm living the high life!

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    I'm now spending £2.50 a month to get my bins cleaned after they've been emptied.

I'm living the high life!

Hark at Mr "My Wheely Bin Don't Smell Like Multiple Things Died In Them" over here.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

JZ63Y3h.jpg

Luckily Garland is, I think, a bit higher up than inner further in the metroplex so no real flooding worries where we live. And I don't have any place to be.

the lights are on .... are there people in those cars!?

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Dallas area drivers can't drive in any amount of rain or snow so it makes total sense to me that someone would see that and think "yeah, I can make that just fine!"

Probably flooring it, too.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I got the kids’ rooms painted this weekend!

I also spent an appropriate fortune at IKEA. We’ve spent so much so far and it doesn’t even seem like we have that much!

I’m excited for the kids’ rooms to be completed. They’re going to be so fun.

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

JZ63Y3h.jpg

the lights are on .... are there people in those cars!?

When flood waters get up that high, water starts getting where it shouldn't. The lights are on more likely because the circuit is shorting out. Also, there's no really good way of repairing this kind of water ingress, hence why flood vehicles are almost always written off by insurance, and are almost universally unable to be repaired.

Hi thread, been lurking for a while, but my wife and I just listed our first home on the market, looking to upsize. =) As a regular of the car/PC building thread I'm intimately familiar with spending other people's money so I'd love to keep you all appraised of our house selling/hunting process. It's been interesting watching other people buy, and I've learned quite a bit already.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    I got the kids’ rooms painted this weekend!

I also spent an appropriate fortune at IKEA. We’ve spent so much so far and it doesn’t even seem like we have that much!

I’m excited for the kids’ rooms to be completed. They’re going to be so fun.

Did you get the KURA? My daughter loves hers and her little sister can't wait to get her own.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
This discussion has been closed.