As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Burgerrrrrr I mean [Bad Food] Thread

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    As I understand it, it is the fishcheek of chicken.

sarukun on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Pretty much exactly this yeah.

My wife sometimes gives them to our dog, confirming that he is the most spoiled creature in existence.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    I will fight your dog for those delicious morsels.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Pretty much exactly this yeah.

My wife sometimes gives them to our dog, confirming that he is the most spoiled creature in existence.

Your dog is getting the best part of the chicken.

Livin' like a king, your dog is

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I was telling my mom how I roast whole sweet potatoes and eat them as a snack and I had to be honest and admit that actually I eat half a sweet potato as a snack and give the other half to my dog

Because they're his favourite

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Think I may have gone a bit overboard with the buttercream on this cake...

1ardsrugxwn8.jpg

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    so this weekend I WORKED. I am tired and sore as hell, and tired again just to emphasize how tired I am.

my plan is to eat an entire wawa pepperoni 12" sub with mayo, mustard, light oil, light vinegar, sweet peppers, lettuce, onion, and pepper, read a book, and fall asleep in a carb coma.

I can't wait

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Hey bad food thread, which is also sometimes the good food, Asian food, and gelatin food thread.

Is Coffee jelly good? I've been watching Saiki K. lately and dude loves his coffee jelly. Makes me want to give it a try.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hey bad food thread, which is also sometimes the good food, Asian food, and gelatin food thread.

Is Coffee jelly good? I've been watching Saiki K. lately and dude loves his coffee jelly. Makes me want to give it a try.

coffee syrup is good

never heard of coffee jelly

my gut instinct is 'no'

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular

Coffee jelly is totally good!

You may choose to not sweeten your coffee jelly at all, and leave the sweetening to whatever dairy topping you put on it. Evaporated milk is the most common topping, but evaporated milk does not come inherently sweetened. Condensed milk is another option, and condensed milk is inherently sweet, but because of its thick and honey-like texture, you might want to lighten it with some other milk/cream.

You can also choose to make a gelatin that has a sweet and creamy taste in it, and layer that or just otherwise combine it with your coffee jelly.

You can also just make sweetened milk coffee jelly, that totally works, too.

But the real craziness is THAI ICED TEA JELLY.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Yes hello I heard Thai iced tea and came running

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    "overboard" with buttercream

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Day 1 of unlimited Olive Garden: Lunch

Start things off with something simple, went with spaghetti, traditional marinara, and meatballs. I thought this Olive Garden smelled foul when I first stepped in but now I'm used to it. Trying to decide what I will get for dinner, probably something with chicken.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Yes hello I heard Thai iced tea and came running

Let me tell you about Thai iced tea ice cream, BFL.

It is supercalifragiliaticexpialidocious.

• Options
    Thetheroo wrote: »

I thought this Olive Garden smelled foul when I first stepped in but now I'm used to it.

That's some adaptation.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »

I thought this Olive Garden smelled foul when I first stepped in but now I'm used to it.

That's some adaptation.

Well, this is just Day 1 of Unlimited Olive Garden.
    Presumably, Day 1 of Funky Smelling Olive Garden came and went quite some time ago.

I can't imagine a person signing themselves up for Unlimited Olive Garden with never having been in one before.
    Though, that might make for some entertaining reading.

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    so this weekend I WORKED. I am tired and sore as hell, and tired again just to emphasize how tired I am.

my plan is to eat an entire wawa pepperoni 12" sub with mayo, mustard, light oil, light vinegar, sweet peppers, lettuce, onion, and pepper, read a book, and fall asleep in a carb coma.

I can't wait

I think I may add some chips to the equation

not in the sub, but on the side

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »

That's some adaptation.

A lot of solid 4 or 5 out of 10 pasta and meatballs will do wonders for what you can tolerate

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I'm looking forward to the Jeff VanderMeer-style spiral into madness this journal will devolve into.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Ya'll have a good source for Thai iced tea powder? Like the stuff they'd use in a bubble tea shop? I got some from Amazon that was good but the bag wasn't very big and then I got some at the international grocery store but it's way too hella sweet and not what I'm after. I can keep ordering from random websites until I find one I'm happy with but I figured I'd see if anyone here had any suggestions.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    So I know we can't link to Kickstarter, but there's a product on there that I just became aware of and I need to share it here. It's a snack crisp made largely of chicken breast trimmings and tapioca flour along with other recovered/recycled ingredients like spent brewing grains and vegetable trimmings. They've got a a range of flavors including michelada, carrot curry, chicken & celery mojo, white cheddar IPA, and shandy beer. They also sell the crisps in recyclable cans with pull-tops, the whole deal here is reducing waste.

On the one hand I love the idea of making a tasty treat out of totally edible food that would otherwise just end up in a landfill.

On the other hand a chicken crisp of this fashion makes me feel weird and I kinda can't articulate why.

• Options
    What are your feelings about Chicken in a Biskit?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    It’s like Jamie Oliver trying to shame kids into hating chicken nuggets, and you’re falling for it.

Fuck you, otherwise-pretty-decent-guy Jamie Oliver, i’m Eating the recycled snack because it’s food now.

• Options
    It has less to do with the recycled nature of it and more to do with the turning chicken into something like a potato chip.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    What are your feelings about Chicken in a Biskit?

I'm for it because it is tasty.

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »
    It has less to do with the recycled nature of it and more to do with the turning chicken into something like a potato chip.

What, you ain’t never had crispy chicken skin?

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular

chickens grow their own potato chips, it's called: their entire epidermal layer

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

chickens grow their own potato chips, it's called: their entire epidermal layer

Local place serves chicken skin like they were pork rinds. Super tasty.

I kinda want some now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Since I'm on keto now, and my lunch was inedible because I'm a dumbass, I got a bacon cheeseburger from the work cafeteria and requested it protein style.

If cell phones were allowed on grounds I'd have snapped a picture, because what I got was essentially a bacon cheeseburger stuffed between a full head of lettuce.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Fact: lettuce wrap burgers are very good

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Yes, but this wasn't a lettuce wrap burger. This was a head of lettuce with a burger core and if you wanted the burger then get your hands messy or grab a spoon because I had no fork. Also the lettuce was black on the ends because this cafeteria is awful.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Yes, but this wasn't a lettuce wrap burger. This was a head of lettuce with a burger core and if you wanted the burger then get your hands messy or grab a spoon because I had no fork. Also the lettuce was black on the ends because this cafeteria is awful.

9ak8dalhfd6c.jpg

• Options

Yeah but this isn't skin, it's meat and other trimmings mixed with tapioca flour. I have a feeling the texture might not be quite right but I guess I'll have to buy some and find out for myself.

• Options

Yeah but this isn't skin, it's meat and other trimmings mixed with tapioca flour. I have a feeling the texture might not be quite right but I guess I'll have to buy some and find out for myself.

It'd probably milled to the point of having no particular texture of its own, much the way hotdogs or pet kibble are.
    I see no reason why it can't be good, though the way you initially described it made me wonder if somebody was in fact selling pet treats as human food until I got to the flavours available.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Food waste doesn't generally end up in landfill, especially if it's industry byproduct. It's usually converted to animal or plant feed.

And even if food waste does end up in landfill it doesn't stay landfill for long, it gets eaten.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I went to Blake's aka Lottaburger today for a late lunch
    Both my brother and I got the same thing expect for the fries he got seasoned I got generic they gave us what would work out to be twice the amount would you get.
    There was a lot of weird stuff going on while we ate. So when we got home we gave the left over fries to the dogs but my brother's dog loves Dr Pepper so we gave him what was left of one of the cups about a 1/8 of it
    So it was a good day

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Food waste doesn't generally end up in landfill, especially if it's industry byproduct. It's usually converted to animal or plant feed.

And even if food waste does end up in landfill it doesn't stay landfill for long, it gets eaten.

At work they have a series of dumpsters for food that a local pig farmer buys just when and how they pick it up is a mystery to me {a silly thing is the back room support used to have the keys for it they took them away in favor of the trash ones so I have no idea who has access to it. But I would get asked often about it

• Options
    Man, I miss Blake's Lottaburger. What a great fast food burg. Whataburger is almost as good, but they keep playing with my heart by introducing and discontinuing a lot of specialty burgers that I love.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    food waste has a whole planetary ecosystem devoted to making it actually not waste

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.