As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] The Stove is HOT

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    NY/LA/Cubs/Boston

With a good chance both of them stay where they are.

I don't think Bryce is staying in Washington.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    NY/LA/Cubs/Boston

With a good chance both of them stay where they are.

Boston is not in the running for either. Our payroll is pretty full and, more importantly, both our outfield and 3B/SS is pretty set (though Machado would certainly be an upgrade over, say, Devers at third, it would not be enough of one given the cost difference especially if your high on Devers’ development).

Sox have other places where it’s far more important to find upgrades.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    At least we have one baseball thing to look forward to this week

The logo reveal for the Trash Pandas

http://trashpandas.milbstore.com/store.cfm?store_id=225

I

I love it

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I can see Yankees in on machado and kershaw but Harper probably not

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I can see Yankees in on machado and kershaw but Harper probably not

I don’t think Kershaw opts our.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think Yankees go in for Corbin which worries me.

A lot of hits he gave up last year that were flyouts are homeruns in Yankee Stadium.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I think Stanton is gonna be way better next year and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the yanks trade andujar in a deal for another stud while signing machado

I am very glad the Sox are in a great spot to capitalize on this team because it’s the last year they’re going to have a good shot

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I don't know that they will be signing either.

And also it doesn't sound like Alex Cora is interested in clinching tonight. David Price is starting over Chris Sale.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

And also it doesn't sound like Alex Cora is interested in clinching tonight. David Price is starting over Chris Sale.

To be honest i get it. Sale has quietly been really bad this postseason and I don’t expect more than 5 innings out of him. Might as well pitch him after an off day to have a rested bullpen - plus it lets price be rested and ready to pitch out of the pen game 7 if necessary

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

Price has been phenominal of late. I’m confident in him.

And, frankly, I think there’s something wrong with Sale.

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular

Price has been phenominal of late. I’m confident in him.

And, frankly, I think there’s something wrong with Sale.

Hasn't Sale lost like 5-7 mph on his fastball since this summer? At this point I assume he's hurt and doctors have told him he can't make it any worse if he pitches.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    It's a pretty big free agent market. The Cubs are very likely going to be in on Harper, at the very least. Maybe Machado, though almost definitely not both. Philadelphia is probably ready to spend a shitload of money this winter, too. I think the Yankees would be more in on Machado than they would be on Harper. I bet the Dodgers make a play to keep Machado around, too.

It'll be fun to see what happens. I'll probably be a little disappointed if the Cubs don't sign Harper, though, even if I know that other teams are gonna be willing to spend a bunch on him.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Manny stays in LA, Bryce goes elsewhere. They just got Stanton last year and Andujar is cheaper and good enough and Didi is good. I don't see why they'd get either. Pitching is more necessary.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I feel like the young talent the Nats have in the outfield are already pretty much equivalent to Bryce's actual output when he's not on one of his random MVP seasons? Going out of the way to throw money at him seems like a waste.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    So does Pearce get MVP or does Eovaldi?

• Options
    So does Pearce get MVP or does Eovaldi?

Pearce right now. They lost Eovaldi's big game.

Depends on what happens in the last game though.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    If David Price wins this game he’d have a pretty good case for MVP.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »
    If David Price wins this game he’d have a pretty good case for MVP.

Of the World Series? Eh. If you're giving it to a pitcher, you give it to Eovaldi even though they lost that game. He's pitched more grueling innings and done so cleaner than any other Sox pitcher, end result be damned.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Manny stays in LA, Bryce goes elsewhere. They just got Stanton last year and Andujar is cheaper and good enough and Didi is good. I don't see why they'd get either. Pitching is more necessary.

Andujar was quietly one of the worst fielders in baseball though. His UZR/150 was by far the worst in baseball (gleyber Torres was next worst)

Also way to spend the entire inning telling us Rich hill never said he was tired guys. Definitely doesn’t sound defensive to insist upon this. I was in the pool!!

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Eovaldi has zero chance of winning MVP because of his game 3 performance.

They lost. It was for nothing.

Now if he does something in the deciding game I could see the overall body of work being enough.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Now if he does something in the deciding game I could see the overall body of work being enough.

mmm

I'd normally call this out for pointless results-oriented thinking but the playoffs are just dice compared to the regular season so it doesn't really matter either way

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

mmm

I'd normally call this out for pointless results-oriented thinking but the playoffs are just dice compared to the regular season so it doesn't really matter either way

That’s why I think Price can get it if he gets the win tonight. He’d be 2-0 and have the narrative of “silencing his playoff demons on the grandest stage”.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    The world series MVP is very much given to the player who has the highest impact near the end of the series.

Unless someone just dominates throughout.

• Options
    Glad to see Mookie do ANYTHING in this series.

• Options
    Okay let’s get 3 or 4 more to get Kimbrel comfy

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Roberts - *brings in Madson*

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Red Sox making an interesting choice to sacrifice a chance at more runs to let David Price hit.

• Options
    (I might let Price keep pitching. He looked dominant right there)

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Price wins MVP unless something drastic happens.

• Options
    Hm

Pearice mvp

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Pearce had two hot stretches this season - during the 4 game Yankee sweep where they basically got their division hopes ended and right now

Possibly the two biggest 5 at bat stretches of the year

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Price is the better story though. They love a good story.

From booed to WS "hero" is a hell of a tale.

• Options
    Pearice is co mvp though

Lol eovaldi warming, why not

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    chris sale slowly takes the mound

removes his cap

and puts on a pirates hat

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I’m not entirely sure this is a good move but with a 4 run lead ok

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Machado to his knees like a dingus. Perfect

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Sweeeeeet.

Our long, 630 day Championship drought is finally over!

• Options
    Ok. Now that the shitty WS is over we can start talking about end of season awards and wikd free agency speculation!

• Options
    AL MVP: mookie
    AL Cy: Blake snell
    NL MVP: yelich
    NL Cy: degrom

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    So Dodgers lost the WS last year and this year

Is 2019 gonna be the charm

This discussion has been closed.