• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    Yeah Nintendo stuff usually unlocks 12 AM EST
    not pacific? traitors to their own timezone

That means Pacific gets it at 9pm
    I know, which is nicer for everyone because it releases earlier for everyone. but releasing it at 12am eastern kinda treats eastern time like it's the standard

Eastern is the standard :P

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Are y'all ready for a conspiracy theory

Previously when characters have had color schemes that refer to other characters, they're removed when that character actually becomes part of the roster (see: Peach no longer has her Daisy color, Samus no longer has her Dark Samus color)

Duck Hunt doesn't have their Banjo-Kazooie color anymore in Ultimate...

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    my gut is that the prince from katamari and banjo-kazooie are the two most likely third party characters

heihachi and another squeenix character also seem likely

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    heihachi would be duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumb

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Banjo Kazooie definitely seems both likely and also something fans have been asking for for years which is what a lot of the new additions this time around have been

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Banjo Kazooie definitely seems both likely and also something fans have been asking for for years which is what a lot of the new additions this time around have been

the thing that always stopped me was the idea that Japan probably doesn't give a fuck about a Banjo, it's squarely an American and European thing

but Sakurai said Nintendo made the character choices this time, not his team, so maybe they said "we are taking this co-marketing money with Microsoft and you are going to make a bear and a bird that are friends goddamnit"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

the thing that always stopped me was the idea that Japan probably doesn't give a fuck about a Banjo, it's squarely an American and European thing

but Sakurai said Nintendo made the character choices this time, not his team, so maybe they said "we are taking this co-marketing money with Microsoft and you are going to make a bear and a bird that are friends goddamnit"
    They've included a bunch of characters very few people outside of Japan gave a shit about before, wouldn't be unreasonable to do one that's the reverse.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

They've included a bunch of characters very few people outside of Japan gave a shit about before, wouldn't be unreasonable to do one that's the reverse.

it wouldn't be unreasonable but it does seem slightly unlikely

i dunno if banjo's getting in or not but when you have the head of xbox out there saying that he'd love for banjo to get in smash then that definitely seems like something that's on the table

• Options
    Especially since Nintendo and Xbox have been openly chummy as recently as earlier this year when they rubbed Sony's nose in that crossplay mess

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    it is weird there are almost no bandai namco characters, y'know, considering

Gundi on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    this might be handy

the instruction manual

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Haseo for Smash.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

you're right, they should add KOS-MOS

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Gundi wrote: »
    Pac-Man is a probably the most appropriate pick for Smash they could have gone with, at least

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Shorty wrote: »

I was thinking this sounded crazy

but then I was reminded that there was a Heihachi Mii costume

and a lot of Mii costumes have become characters

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    If I could pick one Bandai Namco character

It would be

Tamogatchi

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I keep looking at people signing up for the competitive tourney and going "Oh no" because I remember fighting them and how tough they were

Last time I checked I have to face either munkus or someone who can beat munkus in my first fight so not expecting to do grrrreaaaaat in this first tourney :P

e: oh good the bracket changed I don't have to fight munkus right off hooray

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

It would be

Tamogatchi

Goku is a Bandai character technically

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

It would be

Tamogatchi

Goku is a Bandai character technically

And as much as I would love that I stand by my stance that he doesn't fit Smash because he isn't a video game character originally.

You wanna be in Smash, you're from a video game first and foremost

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    and that's why he is going to be in smash

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited December 2018
    They can add Heihachi if he retains his Final Smash from PS All-Stars where he straps everyone to a Mishima Zaibatsu rocket and launches them into outer space.

Radius on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Final.smash is he throws you in a volcano for being a disappointing offspring

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    i'd really like The Prince

Final Smash where the King of All Cosmos throws the stage into space and turns it into a star

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    i'd really like The Prince

I'm not seeing the likelihood of him being in but it would be cool

I also don't really want the season pass to be all guest characters, though 4's was "here's old characters and new guest characters" and well, they already got all the old characters in this one...

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    They should definitely have at least 2 non-guest characters, I think

I like Smash having so many guest characters but it is still a Nintendo Thing

They have covered a LOT of bases with Ultimate though and there aren't a ton of Nintendo characters I can think of off the top of my head

Then again I never would have said Pirahna Plant and they look fun as hell

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ideally one pack is all nintendo characters: piranha plant plus two others (could be third party nintendo stars too like banjo), and another pack is third party icons (yer crashes and your master chiefs)

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ideally one pack is all nintendo characters: piranha plant plus two others (could be third party nintendo stars too like banjo), and another pack is third party icons (yer crashes and your master chiefs)
    They don't seem to be doing packs, each character is listed individually in the eShop

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    well then i don't know shit about dick

gimme five gokus

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    List ye Gokus

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    obviously this is a personal thing but something about putting characters who have only ever been in fighting games in this game seems incorrect in some way

• Options
    Final.smash is he throws you in a volcano for being a disappointing offspring

This would be a little too close to real life for me personally.

• Options
    goku has been in more than fighting games!

also my gokus are

the red one
    the blue one
    the yeller one
    the one what is a child
    the one that is actually his dad but looks just like him

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

He was always dumb.

• Options
    goku has been in more than fighting games!

I was still reacting to heihachi

goku shouldn't be in smash for other reasons

• Options
    i'd be totally down with 5 piranha plant-esque characters

it just seems like they're gonna wanna keep the hype train going with big deal characters

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    My two picks are Banjo Kazooie and Shovel Knight being upgraded from assist trophy to character along with a personal apology from Sakurai to me, SirEtchwarts, for disrespecting my good good shovel friend

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Kiryu.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    i'd be totally down with 5 piranha plant-esque characters

it just seems like they're gonna wanna keep the hype train going with big deal characters

Yeah I think Piranha Plant will be the weirdest one because it's the one you can get for free.

• Options
    when i was a kid i wanted them to add

Lololo and Lalala from Kirby

oh you don't know Lololo and Lalala? Those iconic kirby characters?

latest?cb=20171008170125

i wanted them to be like the ice climbers

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Kiryu.

Kirbyu Kazuma

This discussion has been closed.